• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

You do know you can surrender before entering a match and it won't break your streak, right?

I WANT TO BREAK MY STREAK.

Ill explain it again. I have a 4586 rating. I went 7-0 no deaths

Now Imagine I lose one character in match 3...I have 3 characters left vs opp 1 and I can win the game on my turn if I decide to, so I can:

a) concede the match so I can start over.

b) continue playing even if I know Im wasting my time because once I die once theres no way I improve my rating.

So I just want to choose B, because I dont want to give a win to someone that doesnt deserve it but I want, once the match its over, have the option to start from match 1 instead of continuing a death run.

Cerium

Now Imagine lose one character in match 3...I have 3 characters left vs opp 1 and I can win the game on my turn if I decide to, so I can:

b) continue playing even if Im now Im wasting my time because once I die once theres no way I improve my rating.
Isn't Option A exactly what you're asking for?

Eridani

Pretty sure this is my issue as well, what's the best way to level characters below lv30 to above 30? I've been trying to do the training tower but either my >30lv characters kill everything or my <30lv characters die (or both).

I don't know if it's the best way, but I just did it like in other fire emblem games - pick enemies that have a higher level than the character you're trying to level, soften them up with other characters and then finish them with lower level characters. The only problem is that characters don't keep exp if they die, so it can be a bit annoying, but higher level enemies give quite a bit of exp so it doesn't take all that long. All done in the training tower since it costs less stamina.

And of course, you can use gems to level them up if you have enough.

Isn't Option A exactly what you're asking for?

No. Basically, the poster is trying for the highest Arena score possible, which requires that no people die. So if one person dies in the third match, they're saying it would be better to concede and snap the streak immediately so they can start a fresh seven-match run and hopefully keep everyone alive through all seven games.

Arena's just kind of weird at the moment and I've only been doing enough to get a 7-streak at any level and then maybe using it to grind XP outside of stamina. Bless the people who are hardcore into Arena, but it's definitely not for me.

If I level up a character, am I spending both universal shards and corresponding shards? Or one or the other? The menu is unclear and I don't want to waste my shards.

Also, would the upgraded character stats be worse than normally leveled up ones?
Corresponding shards get spent until none remain, then it goes to universal shards.

Firemind

Now Imagine I lose one character in match 3...I have 3 characters left vs opp 1 and I can win the game on my turn if I decide to, so I can:

b) continue playing even if I know Im wasting my time because once I die once theres no way I improve my rating.

So I just want to choose B, because I dont want to give a win to someone that doesnt deserve it but I want, once the match its over, have the option to start from match 1 istead of continuing a death run.
Just concede. What's the problem with giving other people free feathers? lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah I don't get the issue. I concede all the time when trying out new comps. And I would argue that they DID earn it. The goal on defense is really to get 1 kill imo to ruin someone's high score. I already have a bunch of defensive wins. I assume that, in each case, my team got at least one kill.

Dragner

Why should I?. That strange is asking for an option for leave a run?. Really?. Its like you start playing a league in FIFA 17 and you dont have chance to win with 10 matches left and I was forced to play it out or enter the matches and concede them manually.

mjc

Arena is dogshit half the time, I've run into so many Takumi's. (Even multiples in the same match) Basically auto surrender at that point.

RedFox85

Why should I?. That strange is asking for an option for leave a run?. Really?. Its like you start playing a league in FIFA 17 and you dont have chance to win with 10 matches left and I was force to play it out or enter the matches and concede them manually.

I see what you are saying here man but realistically this is how most of us are getting ANY defense wins and that includes yourself. You are losing out on "rank" sure but.. unless you are planning on whaling it up you might as well get comfortable with that fact. It's sort of a pay it forward scenario, you are giving out feathers but you are also getting feathers in return. Chasing the rank dragon is dangerous in gacha games :D.

ChrisD

I got 231 Defense Rank points from blocking out one player. That's almost enough to get into the maximum Feather tier. Last Season I blocked four people and didn't break 251. Guess my AI just mowed them down?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why should I?. That strange is asking for an option for leave a run?. Really?. Its like you start playing a league in FIFA 17 and you dont have chance to win with 10 matches left and I was forced to play it out or enter the matches and concede them manually.

Dont think its worth getting worked up about it - at the end of the day you will have to perform to get a high ranking. Doubt conceding will have any mayor impact on your ranking and make someone with a worse team suddenly be above you at the end of the week.

Dragner

I see what you are saying here man but realistically this is how most of us are getting ANY defense wins and that includes yourself. You are losing out on "rank" sure but.. unless you are planning on whaling it up you might as well get comfortable with that fact. It's sort of a pay it forward scenario, you are giving out feathers but you are also getting feathers in return. Chasing the rank dragon is dangerous in gacha games :D.

I mean, sure, but defenses are not somethign you give and helps a lot since most people will defend once and cap feathers so me conceding does nothing, more in that high MMR matches. And I wouldnt mind it if Arena wasnt so expensive to play, why I have to give something for free when we get 3 swords a day and a run is 7 swords...if it was limitless then sure, I dont care conceding.

Also I dont know why people surprises too much on me not wanting to give free feathers but see perfectly fine enter arena with 2 40s and 2 1s to destroy newbies.

redcrayon

Pretty sure this is my issue as well, what's the best way to level characters below lv30 to above 30? I've been trying to do the training tower but either my >30lv characters kill everything or my <30lv characters die (or both).
I usually have a high level healer babysit the new guys at missions of an appropriate level. They can tank melee hits without killing the enemy, heal the trainees and use assault to kill enemies in a pinch. Frederick is good to babysit people too as he can hang back but jump to their side and intervene if necessary.

I've usually got a main level 40 party for arena, a couple of level 25-35 parties in the training tower at stratum 6 and above to farm great badges and get XP, and also a rookie low level party for using up scraps of stamina if I feel like a quick game. Whenever new content comes up I send in the appropriate party rather than an overlevelled one.

Firemind

Dont think its worth getting worked up about it - at the end of the day you will have to perform to get a high ranking. Doubt conceding will have any mayor impact on your ranking and make someone with a worse team suddenly be above you at the end of the week.
Conceding has ZERO consequences because the only way to get higher in ranking is by playing yourself. Your defense team only affects your defense rewards, not your overall ranking. Not wanting to give other people defense points because you fucked up is super petty.

Cerium

No. Basically, the poster is trying for the highest Arena score possible, which requires that no people die. So if one person dies in the third match, they're saying it would be better to concede and snap the streak immediately
This explanation does not really make things any clearer, for the record. I am aware of how the streaks work, but being able to "concede and snap the streak immediately" as you put it is already possible. I only missed the fact that he did not want to have to lose a Sword to do so.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Your main problem are the levels really. A lvl 27 character's just not going to be able to do much against lvl 35 enemies. I'd also recommend keeping Abel since he's pretty damn good in arena at the moment, due to sword units being so popular.

Yeh I know he's supposed to be good. He just seems so weak compared to my other characters thanks to his low attack right now :(. To be fair, it was 24 attack I think 3 levels ago, so it's getting a bit better). Anyways, I'll keep training him and Shareena and swap between them. Like you said, I'll probably keep him on my Arena Defense team. My team does a pretty good job there (I list Olivia as team leader too :p).

I'm still thinking I need a unit with decent resistance. Gunter is good at slowing down enemies (or just killing them) while Olivia + Takumi kill off things. Abel also keeps getting murdered by mages because I think he's getting doubled.

redcrayon

This explanation does not really make things any clearer, for the record. I am aware of how the streaks work, but being able to "concede and snap the streak immediately" as you put it is already possible. I only missed the fact that he did not want to have to lose a Sword to do so.
They mean they want the option to snap the streak even if they won the battle (because the battle wouldn't be getting optimum points and thus renders the whole streak pointless compared to his goal of seven optimal wins in a row)) rather than have to lose on purpose in order to break it and start afresh.

OMG, guys. I had some great luck during my last few sessions. I was getting antsy after not pulling for about a week.

So, I used up the last of my free 20 orbs. I did not do any 5 hero pulls, because I avoided all Reds in the summoning sessions. I already pulled 5* Marth from the Legendary Heroes banner.

I focused on Deep Devotion, because I still wanted Takumi and/or Camilla. I previously had poor luck with this one, but my 5* star chance was left at 3.50% because of those attempts. After using my free orbs, I didn't get Takumi, Camilla, or any other non-Red 5*. Greens were barely showing up.

The Deep Devotion banner is now at 3.75%. I have $17 in my account from a previous gift card redemption. So, I buy a total of 29 Orbs (a 12.99 pack and two 1.99 packs). I pull Linde after only a few more summonings, so I'm very happy. I would have been satisfied just to have her.

The Deep Devotion Banner is down to 3.00%. I'm thinking that I shouldn't pull because I'll just be wasting orbs, right? A new banner will replace it today. I do it anyway, and Anna blesses me!

On this last session, three Greens show up, which is probably the most that I've ever seen. I can only choose one of them because I'll go down to 3 orbs after summoning, and I made the correct freaking pick! 5* Camilla animation shows up, and I am just amazed because this was very down to the wire.

This makes up for the crappy pulls and duplicates I was recently racking up. I checked natures for Camilla and Linde. Camilla is -HP/+RES, and Linde is +HP/-DEF. Not optimal for offense, but it could have been worse. I basically have a Camilla with reduced physical bulk, and Linde with increased magical bulk. I'm still happy anyway.

My Marth's nature is neutral. Jakob has +RES/-DEF.

Long post, but it was just crazy! I hope the rest of you have good luck before the next banners show up. I won't be pulling much unless I buy from now on.

Cerium

They mean they want the option to snap the streak even if they won the battle (because the battle wouldn't be getting optimum points and thus renders the whole streak pointless compared to his goal of seven optimal wins in a row)) rather than have to lose on purpose in order to break it and start afresh.
I feel like you are restating exactly what I said.

The only functional difference is one costs you a sword and the other does not.

Firemind

If your goal is to have the highest points possible, then you concede when you lose a unit. You already know how many points you need on average to beat your previous score. I don't see the point to continue playing and waste time if you can't beat your current record. Your exp and skills are likely maxed out if you're gunning for a no death run.

Meier

Finally got another 5* after three or four 5 pulls without one.. got a second Lilina. I like her a lot so should I just run with two of her or should I merge them? What is the general consensus on merging 5*'s?
This thread goes by pretty fast so I missed if anyone ever responded to this last week. Any thoughts?

And is there any reason to accept friend requests from randos? Do your friends actually do anything in this game? I haven't found that to be the case yet.

redcrayon

If your goal is to have the highest points possible, then you concede when you lose a unit. You already know how many points you need on average to beat your previous score. I don't see the point to continue playing and waste time if you can't beat your current record. Your exp and skills are likely maxed out if you're gunning for a no death run.
Depends- for some players having the most powerful single team is the only goal, but not all. I'd still want the feathers from quests (and thus not want to waste swords) to develop other characters. Having an end goal of '4 powerful characters with the highest possible arena score then any further play with sub-optimal teams is pointless' is something you can achieve very quickly with the game (and also something you can do with the main games before putting them aside) but I like to develop other teams and try different strategies as the game evolves too. There's dozens of characters and most of the ones I have I've barely used, the The 'optimal arena team' is just one part of the game.

Firemind

Finally got another 5* after three or four 5 pulls without one.. got a second Lilina. I like her a lot so should I just run with two of her or should I merge them? What is the general consensus on merging 5*'s?
See which one has the better nature first before merging. You can use her lvl. 1 stats to compare. For Lilina, you want her to have +Attack. She's so frail and slow that you want to boost her Attack as much as possible to score OHKOs. Using two of the same character is generally ill-advised because of the triangle system.

This thread goes by pretty fast so I missed if anyone ever responded to this last week. Any thoughts?

And is there any reason to accept friend requests from randos? Do your friends actually do anything in this game? I haven't found that to be the case yet.

Honestly, I feel pretty bad for you regarding your pulls. If you're still having fun with this game, then I suppose you can continue with your account. There's an IV calculator, you can use to easily determine stats if your unit is at level 1 or 40 (or really close to either extreme). Pick the unit with a more desirable stat spread as a base for merging.

You get Feathers when friends greet you, but it is unclear to me whether the reward is a flat 5 Feathers or multiplied by # of friends. I'll pay closer attention next time.

Gotchaye

Honestly, I feel pretty bad for you regarding your pulls. If you're still having fun with this game, then I suppose you can continue with your account.

You get Feathers when friends greet you, but it is unclear to me whether the reward is a flat 5 Feathers or multiplied by # of friends. I'll pay closer attention next time.

It appears to be 1 feather per friend who used their greet button in the last day, to a maximum of 5.

Wichu

I decided to do some last-minute summoning to try and get Robin before the banner switches. Got him on my third attempt. I see Lady Luck hasn't abandoned me quite yet!

Shinypogs

For those that have a Merric this is what a +hp - res one will turn out like at 5*. He's fast and he can take a melee hit even with disadvantage and live. Merric with Excalibur destroys fliers, high res be damned. He shreds Takumi and armored units . However, he is incredibly vulnerable to red mages, though his high hp and speed mean he's unlikely to be oneshot or doubled. While he's no Hector he is def a green unit worth raising if you've got one.
shfTBHs.png

Meier

See which one has the better nature first before merging. You can use her lvl. 1 stats to compare. For Lilina, you want her to have +Attack. She's so frail and slow that you want to boost her Attack as much as possible to score OHKOs. Using two of the same character is generally ill-advised because of the triangle system.
Thanks for the insight! They both have +Attack.

I can't quite figure out how to determine which has the better base stats.. but perhaps you can be of assistance.

Lilina - Lvl 23
29 HP, 40 Atk, 17 Spd, 13 Def, 18 Res

Lilina - Lvl 5
18 HP, 26 Atk, 8 Spd, 5 Def, 11 Res

I'm trying to manually figure out points per level (i.e. a 33 point spread from lvl 1 to lvl 40 would yield 0.825 Atk per level for the best version.. that's an addition of 3.3, but the medium is 3.1, so both Medium and High would have the same 26 atk at lvl 5) and work out where they'd be but I can't seem to easily come up with the numbers that they "should" be. Is there a way to see what a char was at level 1?

MANUELF

Banned
Since the banner is changing today I tried for a last time to Get a 5* colorless or green unit, got 1 of each so 9 pearls would be the cost, did the colorless got Azama 3* a new unit si I did the green and a Girl with too much plot appeared, got 5* Camilla and I decided to spend the rest of the session and got thrash but Camilla was worth it

On deep devotion I am now at 9.5% chance of pulling a 5*. Should I give it a go or wait guys?

My team right now is 5* Roy and Camilla, 4* Robin who will be 5, and a 4* Jeorge/Olivia depending on scenario.

Second question. Is it possible for them to roll out new abilities for characters like Roy?

Zyrox

I keep getting successful arena defenses, no idea what people are doing, my team is garbo compared to all the 5* killers out there, lol (Chrom, Corrin (F), Fae and Kagero all 4*, all around lv.36)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I find I have to assemble new teams if the level differences are too big. Supports tend to level slower than heavy hitters, so I've had to match them up with other sets of units that I'm trying to level up so that they can do training tower levels that are appropriate for them.

Then once everyone I want is at the right/max level again, I put them back together into an "A" team for arena.

Dragner

I keep getting successful arena defenses, no idea what people are doing, my team is garbo compared to all the 5* killers out there, lol (Chrom, Corrin (F), Fae and Kagero all 4*, all around lv.36)

Defending with under 40s is better because matchmaking sometimes will match you vs 40s or 20s because its hard to find that many people in arena without a full 40 team that is exactly with your team value. At 40 is all more the same and the matchmaking is more precise.

Danj

I don't know if it's the best way, but I just did it like in other fire emblem games - pick enemies that have a higher level than the character you're trying to level, soften them up with other characters and then finish them with lower level characters. The only problem is that characters don't keep exp if they die, so it can be a bit annoying, but higher level enemies give quite a bit of exp so it doesn't take all that long. All done in the training tower since it costs less stamina.

And of course, you can use gems to level them up if you have enough.

I usually have a high level healer babysit the new guys at missions of an appropriate level. They can tank melee hits without killing the enemy, heal the trainees and use assault to kill enemies in a pinch. Frederick is good to babysit people too as he can hang back but jump to their side and intervene if necessary.

I've usually got a main level 40 party for arena, a couple of level 25-35 parties in the training tower at stratum 6 and above to farm great badges and get XP, and also a rookie low level party for using up scraps of stamina if I feel like a quick game. Whenever new content comes up I send in the appropriate party rather than an overlevelled one.

Here's the team I've got right now. I need to get a team together to beat 9-2 on Hard which is what I'm stuck on right now and these are the highest level people I have.

The problem is that Anna and Shareena tend to die to anything and everything, while Tharja just wrecks everything without leaving anything for Anna/Shareena to defeat.

Should I swap them out for someone else? If so, who, and what level of the training tower should I be aiming at?

Shinypogs

I'm betting people are underestimating Fem Corrin's debuffs and getting destroyed by her and Fae. I've also seen people on streams run their Falchion users into her forgetting they have colour disadvantage and she's tanky as fuck. The aI is dumb but people can be dumber. That and most people are running infantry heavy teams and kagero is probs murdering them.

redcrayon

Here's the team I've got right now. I need to get a team together to beat 9-2 on Hard which is what I'm stuck on right now and these are the highest level people I have.

The problem is that Anna and Shareena tend to die to anything and everything, while Tharja just wrecks everything without leaving anything for Anna/Shareena to defeat.

Should I swap them out for someone else? If so, who, and what level of the training tower should I be aiming at?
It's not so much the exact level of the training tower (although you want to be at the sixth level and higher for badges), it's the level of the enemies and the composition, colours and classes of the enemy force you want to look at before committing to battle. Your team hits hard but has little armour for baiting physical attackers, you really want a high defence character as well as a high resistance one. If the enemy force is mainly physical attackers (but not archers) try Beruka- her resistance and speed are poor but her physical defence is really high, she's a flying tank! :D

It's worth levelling up a few more characters so you have a pool of them to pick from, characters can be part of multiple teams too. I've got one team with no fliers for when the enemy are archer heavy, but two of those also appear in my anti-magic, high-resistance squad for when the enemy team is mostly mages. One of my flying squad also appears in my anti-armour team too.

Danj

It's not so much the exact level of the training tower (although you want to be at the sixth level and higher for badges), it's the level of the enemies and the composition, colours and classes of the enemy force you want to look at before committing to battle. Your team hits hard but has little armour for baiting physical attackers, you really want a high defence character as well as a high resistance one. If the enemy force is mainly physical attackers (but not archers) try Beruka- her resistance and speed are poor but her physical defence is really high, she's a flying tank! :D

It's worth levelling up a few more characters so you have a pool of them to pick from, characters can be part of multiple teams too. I've got one team with no fliers for when the enemy are archer heavy, but two of those also appear in my anti-magic, high-resistance squad for when the enemy team is mostly mages. One of my flying squad also appears in my anti-armour team too.

OK, I've got a Beruka but she's only level 21, I'll see if I can level her up some more. In order to do that I just need to bung a few similarly levelled other characters plus my healer in there I guess, and go to the sixth stratum? fifth stratum? fourth stratum?

EDIT: so she can't handle fifth stratum because Takumi instakills her, but she doesn't get squat for XP on fourth stratum, and I don't have enough/the right crystals to level her up that way, and you can't spend money to buy crystals.

Wat do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom