• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Another thing I noticed today, I expected all buffs from standing near teammates to trigger at the start of a turn, but it seems marth's speed+ works mid turn, as in I was able to drag a player to attack from two different angles but the one next to marth was gettign double hits from the speed boost and I could tell from looking at the info before dropping my unit down on the field again.

I'm interested in knowing if other skills do the same.

Spur/Goad/Ward trigger on combat.

Hone/Fortify/Defiant trigger on turn start.

Sölf

Haha, I just beat 8-5 lunatic on my second try. All my characters except Young Tiki were dead and the only enemy was the healer. And Tiki could only deal 3 damge per attack to him... xD

Well, only chapter 9 left for me! And I have 41 orbs, so I can roll twice on the new banner tomorrow! :D

MANUELF

Banned
Is Camilla, Robin, Roy and Abel a good enough team?
9mgfhFw.png

Pulled a 5 Star Lyn this morning, Happy Valentine's Day to me!
32905277205_8963b0fb1e_k.jpg
[/url]

Good job on pulling the Lyn! You definitely needed a unit like her, and you must be so happy now.

I didn't think I would ever get a 5* Robin having already rolled dozens of 3 and 4 ones. XD

jXJAry8.png

Lucina was just the icing on the cake. ^__^

Wow! Congratulations on pulling such strong units.

I don't even have Robin at any level, but I'm fine with what I have after today's summonings.

ggx2ac

Was curious about Wrys stats at 5* again.

Although I couldn't find a level 40 version, I can tell he his slow.

Rehabilitate is a powerful skill, just fought one in the training tower, he healed Hawkeye to full for 24HP and 24HP to himself with 'live to serve'.

I just wanted to see his speed, because if he was fast enough for Takumi, then he could just stand another character and still stay alive because Takumi would do close counter to the other unit and then Wrys heals himself.

Unfortunately that seems unlikely, the pic above shows he was buffed. He had 27 Spd at level 50. His speed is probably way lower at level 40.

Oh well, but he would probably be good for Arena.

hsJKsxy.jpg

Ok so l did some pulls before the banner change and fortunately l got Takumi.
Now I'm not sure which of the blue units should l replace. Any thoughts?

goldenpp72

So I just noticed that by beating the Arena quest that it unlocked a hard one, and it seems like to me it's impossible to beat them all without using the sword regenerations, which makes me wonder.. Is there a Lunatic one, and if so, does anyone know what the quest are?

It might be the only one I don't finish as everything else is done.

Dee Dee

I dropped some money for one last Deep Devotion complete pull with my bigger chance there.

I got 3 red orbs. Was praying for Lyn or Ryoma. Like,... really hard praying.

First red orb... 3* guy named Edrag. 1 square movement. Enjoy your time on the bench.
Second red orb... it's a 5*... Ogma. Well. Damn. GODDAMN.
Third red orb... I mean, we have seen pulls with 2x 5*... I rerolled to get 2x 5* Takumi after all... it's... 4* Sophia. Well... okay. I mean. Hm. Was kinda happy I got her 2* version earlier from the free map, since the 1* was actually pulling some weight damage wise. And 4* seems good so far. So. Eh. Thanks, RnG Gods.

I guess the next time I'll drop money is when they have Lyn special outfit focus. Until then, it's time to level those dummies.

I got 3* Henry in an earlier pull, and the tome breaker skill sounds neat. I heard he can be used to counter some strong units, but is hard to integrate in a team? Any advice?

Sölf

So I just noticed that by beating the Arena quest that it unlocked a hard one, and it seems like to me it's impossible to beat them all without using the sword regenerations, which makes me wonder.. Is there a Lunatic one, and if so, does anyone know what the quest are?

It might be the only one I don't finish as everything else is done.

Yes, there is a lunatic one. It's double the hard values. And yeah, you need to use the swords. The rewards are the same for each quest on each difficulty (1k feathers, 1k feathers, 10 swords). The 1k feathers for 80 wins is stupid, but the 10 swords you get is equal to 30 battles, so those alone are probably worth it each time.

1upsuper

I was getting nervous about losing the chance for banner characters I want so I rerolled a bunch the last couple days and now I'm up to five linked accounts. <_< One or two 5* on each account. I guess I'll bring them all up through normal mode and then pare things down, because juggling five accounts is a pain in the ass. At least I have all my favorites spread out among them though.

Anyone else doing this?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was getting nervous about losing the chance for banner characters I want so I rerolled a bunch the last couple days and now I'm up to five linked accounts. <_< One or two 5* on each account. I guess I'll bring them all up through normal mode and then pare things down, because juggling five accounts is a pain in the ass. At least I have all my favorites spread out among them though.

Anyone else doing this?
I rerolled a bunch during the first days but I didn't set up so many Nintendo accounts lol...that would be too much for me too handle.

But at least you are safe for now and can chose your main one depending on your luck on future pulls.

Getting a team full of 5* should be your priority.

Sölf

Hana is probably the most glass cannon glass cannon in the game at the moment. She literally obliterates anyone she looks at, but also falls over from a sneeze.

Weebos

Banned
Trying to figure out a decent B team/replacements for my current members. Sharena and Olivia have been solid, but they're not as successful as I would like. I'm thinking of trying out Odin and/or Lissa, as both are decently leveled.

Any opinions on this lineup?

Squarehard

dRjFOYpl.png

I think I'm happy enough with what I got for now, and just wait until the updated banner to summon again.

I really wish I had enough feathers to up my Tharja to 5* though. T___T

1upsuper

I rerolled a bunch during the first days but I didn't set up so many Nintendo accounts lol...that would be too much for me too handle.

But at least you are safe for now and can chose your main one depending on your luck on future pulls.

Getting a team full of 5* should be your priority.

Yeah, for sure. I just like so many of the current banner characters and I knew I wouldn't get half of the ones I wanted playing normally, so I opted for getting one on each account and then deciding later which ones I can really live without based on future pulls and viability. It's definitely a pain keeping track of everything though! Haha.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, for sure. I just like so many of the current banner characters and I knew I wouldn't get half of the ones I wanted playing normally, so I opted for getting one on each account and then deciding later which ones I can really live without based on future pulls and viability. It's definitely a pain keeping track of everything though! Haha.
Hah I know that feeling. Same thing was happening to me... I had a bunch of good account but just kept going because I wanted Lyn and/or Lucina. Fact is this probably the best shot in the near future if you want these units. After the current banner it will be as tough as pulling for Hector right now.

So yeah you made the right call.

So I have my main squad of Takumi, Tina, Hinoka, Kagero

Just trying to figure out my B squad. I know Nino and CorrinF are well regarded 3 stars. Just trying to figure out who to pair with Marth?

Main team
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Takumi
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Hinoka
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Kagero
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Tiki

2nd team?

&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Marth
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Olivia
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Camilla
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Merric
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Effie
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Donnel
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Wrys
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Draug
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Caeda
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Fir
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Azama
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Sakura
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;Gwendolyn
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;Henry
&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;&#127775; Florina

&#127775;&#127775;&#127775;
Lon qua
Hama
corrinF
Nino
Sophia
Oboro
Sully
Shannon
Frederick
Cherche
Beruka
Gordin
Virion
gaius
Saxon
lissa

1upsuper

Hah I know that feeling. Same thing was happening to me... I had a bunch of good account but just kept going because I wanted Lyn and/or Lucina. Fact is this probably the best shot in the near future if you want these units. After the current banner it will be as tough as pulling for Hector right now.

So yeah you made the right call.

Thanks, haha. I felt like a doof while I was doing it but I like having options. I hope that Nintendo will recycle banners every now and then.

I managed to get pass the error I was getting. I rolled a bunch of 3 stars (Fir, FemCorrin, beruka and some other guy i can't remember the name), but I got a 4 star Kagero.

Keep this roll?

Donnel

Neo Member
How do Sharena and Alfonse hold up at the 5* level? I never see any in PvP and haven't bothered promoting them past the initial 2* because I'm saving feathers to promote my 4* Corrin (F)

Firemind

How do Sharena and Alfonse hold up at the 5* level? I never see any in PvP and haven't bothered promoting them past the initial 2* because I'm saving feathers to promote my 4* Corrin (F)
Sharena is a good support unit. Probably worse than Azuri tho.

Alfonse is just awful.

Totakeke

She probably die on her way to hector tho :(

Characters only die if you let them or when you're cornered and out of space. That's pretty much how arena plays when you aim to get a high score. Glass cannons definitely have a place. She kills Takumi too in one round if she attacks first too, only question is whether you can get her in range of Takumi while not letting anyone else kill her in the next turn.

ggx2ac

Following from my earlier post about Wrys and how good Rehabilitate is, Lissa has that skill too.

I was thinking that Hinata would be pretty good to use with a healer. I haven't seen his final stats at 5*, he uses a Ruby Sword, has Pavise, Fury and Brash Assault.

He looks to be a tanky swordsman according to his 5* base stats. Fury pushes his rating up by 12 points because it adds 3+ to all his stats. However he loses 6HP each time after combat.

A healer would be helpful to prevent him from losing health fast, I don't have Wrys but I guess my Sakura would be good since she has Physic+Imbue and has Fortify Defense. Although maybe it would be better to switch to Mend to get adjacent to him.

Considering I said he is a tanky swordsman, that means he is slow however, with Brash Assault he can do a follow-up attack when he has less than 50% HP only when fighting an enemy that can counter.

So technically, this is where it makes him very good against Takumi. High defense, can do a follow-up attack if he is low on health and, he has Pavise so he can absorb 50% damage from Takumi's close counter.

It's interesting but annoyingly I only have a 3* Hinata. I've rarely rolled on Red orbs because everyone uses a lot of Red units in arena.

I feel like I'm using Merric wrong. My level 27 4* Merric can't deal damage and shatters if you so much as breathe on him. Trying to level him in the training grounds is a huge pain in the ass. How is he so highly ranked again?

Totakeke

Following from my earlier post about Wrys and how good Rehabilitate is, Lissa has that skill too.

I was thinking that Hinata would be pretty good to use with a healer. I haven't seen his final stats at 5*, he uses a Ruby Sword, has Pavise, Fury and Brash Assault.

He looks to be a tanky swordsman according to his 5* base stats. Fury pushes his rating up by 12 points because it adds 3+ to all his stats. However he loses 6HP each time after combat.

A healer would be helpful to prevent him from losing health fast, I don't have Wrys but I guess my Sakura would be good since she has Physic+Imbue and has Fortify Defense. Although maybe it would be better to switch to Mend to get adjacent to him.

Considering I said he is a tanky swordsman, that means he is slow however, with Brash Assault he can do a follow-up attack when he has less than 50% HP only when fighting an enemy that can counter.

So technically, this is where it makes him very good against Takumi. High defense, can do a follow-up attack if he is low on health and, he has Pavise so he can absorb 50% damage from Takumi's close counter.

It's interesting but annoyingly I only have a 3* Hinata. I've rarely rolled on Red orbs because everyone uses a lot of Red units in arena.

Good point on Fury, but even with all that, red triangle adept seems bad for the current meta.

alcheim

So I used some feathers getting Olivia from 2* to 4*, and it just clicked that teaming her up with a healer or two is a great way to babysit lower level characters up to level 30+.

She's got an atk+4 buff for adjacent allies, and can grant an extra turn to allies as well.

I was initially aiming to get Azura, but it seems that Olivia might be a better unit overall.

so when looking up what a 5* Robin stats would look like they all show ATK at Lv 1 being between 17-19, but it says if were to promote him he would be at 15. Am I missing something? or is that preview not what it will be?

OceanBlue

l guess so...though she is surprisingly good at dealing with the falchion units the dragons are weak to.

Anyhow l'm kinda surprised seeing people posting teams with Camilla considering how squishy she is.

Catria basically stops any sword character because all of her skills are so defensive-oriented, and she has Killer Lance + Luna to actually deal damage. Her RES isn't that great in comparison though and she has to be careful of Takumi. A team should consider using her if you have trouble against Lucina and Tiki IMO, but if you can deal with them with relative ease, I don't know if you need her.

SalvaPot

Tempted to try my hand at one last pull but I think I'll just wait for another banner. The only one I really want is Lyn and I have too many reds already.

Waiting to see if the next banner has interesting Blue units.

Quick question about summoning. When your are given 5 crystals to choose from is it decided already what is in each before you even select them, or does the RNG occur when you select a crystal?

Kumo

Thought I'd do 5 pulls before the banner switches and got 3* all around. These gacha games always manage to kill me a little inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom