• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Works on the friendly unit adjacent to you when you trigger the combat. You have to be side by side when the unit attacks or is attacked.

Wait so it doesn't matter if the unit with the skill was in combat or not that turn? The phrasing of the skill is pretty confusing.

Shinypogs

I feel like I'm using Merric wrong. My level 27 4* Merric can't deal damage and shatters if you so much as breathe on him. Trying to level him in the training grounds is a huge pain in the ass. How is he so highly ranked again?

Honestly he's better as 5* where he gets Excalibur which lets him oneshot fliers, his special gets an even bigger aoe and the extra stats from being 5* over 4 really make him shine.

Still he should not be struggling that badly as a 4, how are you trying to use him and what are his current stats?

Quixzlizx

I have some buff questions, because I kind of want to build a gimmick arena team based around Nino.

Do two buffs on the same stat stack? Or do they only stack if they are different skill name buffs, like two Hone Attacks wouldn't stack, but a Hone Attack + Spur Attack would? Or maybe they wouldn't stack at all.

Do different stat buffs stack when it comes to calculating Nino's weapon's damage buff, so a +4 Attack and a +4 Res would become a +8 damage buff? Or does it only take the highest +stat value?

Acerac

Banned
Do we still not know what is on the new banner? On one hand I can dig the suspense but I am very curious to know who we will get a shot at.

WadeitOut

How do you get your rank up in arena exactly? I've completed all Advanced battles in a row. Are your opponent's related to your team's level? Do you have to have a higher level team to get more offensive points?

I don't know how people are getting 4k+

*EDIT* Or is it because I'm only using two of the "bonus heroes"?

Quixzlizx

How do you get your rank up in arena exactly? I've completed all Advanced battles in a row. Are your opponent's related to your team's level? Do you have to have a higher level team to get more offensive points?

Your opponent's total stats is based on your team's total stats, and that's what your possible score is based off of.

You also lose points whenever one of your units dies.

OceanBlue

*EDIT* Or is it because I'm only using two of the "bonus heroes"?

I only use 1. You face opponents with higher scores if you have a higher stat total between all of your characters and you also lose points if characters die, so having level 40s with high stats and not losing people get you a lot of points. I can hit 4k+ without using really top tier characters (Takumi, Lucina, Hector, etc), so as long as you're level 40 and your characters aren't dying you should be fine. I also had 3 5*s though if that changes anything.

WadeitOut

Ah okay thanks guys. I am only in mid-upper 30s and I had no idea losing characters affected the score.

c480x270_32.jpg

Sidenote: This game is consuming my life.

mstevens

I'm all finished with the Lunatic story, I've been farming the training tower for a week and I'm all stocked up on badges, and I don't feel like leveling 4* units that will eventually start over in level.

I'm ready for a new banner!

OceanBlue

Yay I've finally hit past 4.4k. +ATK Lilina with Spur Attack and Hone Attack (64 ATK) OHKs so many people lol. That plus Draw Back is so fun. Unfortunately my characters' stat total is so low that I only get 646 point games max and I can't break 4.5k.

ggx2ac

I have some buff questions, because I kind of want to build a gimmick arena team based around Nino.

Do two buffs on the same stat stack? Or do they only stack if they are different skill name buffs, like two Hone Attacks wouldn't stack, but a Hone Attack + Spur Attack would? Or maybe they wouldn't stack at all.

Do different stat buffs stack when it comes to calculating Nino's weapon's damage buff, so a +4 Attack and a +4 Res would become a +8 damage buff? Or does it only take the highest +stat value?

I can confirm that certain buffs don't stack, for example Lissa's special that gives everyone +4 attack on heal does not stack with Hone attack.

However, I have tested Hone attack and Spur attack using Alfonse and Olivia on another unit, the buffs did stack so you can get +8 attack.

For Nino, every stat buff increases her damage, annoyingly buffing her attack doesn't double. So you'd have to give her a lot of buffs to boost her attack by a lot.

Edit: I was wrong, buffing attack +4 gives 8 damage for Nino.

For example, Fae attacks someone with Light Breath, if Nino is standing next to her she gets a +4 buff to Def/Res. Next have Marth stand next to her, Nino goes into combat and gains Spur Speed from Marth. She gets +8 stats from buffs which adds 8 to her damage.

Note: Spur buffs/combat only buffs don't give extra damage to Nino except the ones that add attack.

Totakeke

Yay I've finally hit past 4.4k. +ATK Lilina with Spur Attack and Hone Attack (64 ATK) OHKs so many people lol. That plus Draw Back is so fun. Unfortunately my characters' stat total is so low that I only get 646 point games max and I can't break 4.5k.

Same stat buffs don't stack afaik. If you do actually see that spur attack and hone attack stacks it would be good to get a confirmation.

Edit: Too late. Interesting that some buffs stack.

OceanBlue

Same stat buffs don't stack afaik. If you do actually see that spur attack and hone attack stacks it would be good to get a confirmation.

Edit: Too late. Interesting that some buffs stack.

Buffs that increase the same stat don't stack. If I give everyone +4 ATK with Elise, I can't use Rally Attack on anyone. I don't think Spur skills count as buffs though.

I wasn't aware that Spur skills worked with Nino's weapon. I'll have to test it out.

Edit: Just tested it with Spur Speed. It doesn't increase Nino's damage.

We don't actually have any official word on whether there will be a new banner later do we? You would think there would be some sort of announcement first.

From what I remember, some other gatcha games don't have constant event banners and just allow pulls with regular rates inbetween them.

Hope this isn't the case.

Quixzlizx

I can confirm that certain buffs don't stack, for example Lissa's special that gives everyone +4 attack on heal does not stack with Hone attack.

However, I have tested Hone attack and Spur attack using Alfonse and Olivia on another unit, the buffs did stack so you can get +8 attack.

For Nino, every stat buff increases her damage, annoyingly buffing her attack doesn't double. So you'd have to give her a lot of buffs to boost her attack by a lot.

For example, Fae attacks someone with Light Breath, if Nino is standing next to her she gets a +4 buff to Def/Res. Next have Marth stand next to her, Nino goes into combat and gains Spur Speed from Marth. She gets +12 stats from buffs which adds 12 to her damage.

Thanks a lot for the answers! Regarding the bolded, do you mean that if Nino has a +4 attack buff on her, she'll only get the +4 damage from having the +4 buff, and not +8 damage (+4 from the +4 attack buff + another +4 from her weapon ability).

ggx2ac

Buffs that increase the same stat don't stack. If I give everyone +4 ATK with Elise, I can't use Rally Attack on anyone. I don't think Spur skills count as buffs though.

I wasn't aware that Spur skills worked with Nino's weapon. I'll have to test it out.

Edit: Just tested it with Spur Speed. It doesn't increase Nino's damage.

My mistake, I just tested it too and noticed it didn't work.

Thanks a lot for the answers! Regarding the bolded, do you mean that if Nino has a +4 attack buff on her, she'll only get the +4 damage from having the +4 buff, and not +8 damage (+4 from the +4 attack buff + another +4 from her weapon ability).

Buffing attack +4 doesn't increase her damage by 8, only 4.

I am wrong again, it seems buffing attack stat does double damage, +4 attack gives 8 damage which is really good.

Also, read my edit, combat only buffs don't boost Nino's damage except if it buffs attack.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Decided to do one last round of summoning for Camilla, if I wasn't going to get her this time I was going to drop the game entirely. Went through 71 orbs with no luck, but an extra 3 to get one more discount summon and got her. Yassssssssssssssssssssss

Squarehard

Decided to do one last round of summoning for Camilla, if I wasn't going to get her this time I was going to drop the game entirely. Went through 71 orbs with no luck, but an extra 3 to get one more discount summon and got her. Yassssssssssssssssssssss

Since you were aiming for Camilla, that's a gz.

I hope you at least got some other good stuff with those first 60 orb summons though. ;D

OceanBlue

Congrats!

Nintendo sinks their claws into another one. :p

Wiseblade

It looks like the Gacha algorithm is working perfectly.

oh...
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831700448335712256
1/2 stamina for tower & 0 stamina for changing skill is permanent, changed from release celebration only
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831700809075142656
login bonus for release celebration extended until 14th march
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831701393505259520
-Monday training tower will get item drop starting next week
-they'll change exp reward when facing weaker enemies next month (probably no more 0 exp?)

edit: just realized I used ap instead of stamina lol

champloo

Buffing attack +4 doesn't increase her damage by 8, only 4.

I've been using Tharja for a while. I'm pretty sure rally attack lets her doing 8 more damage. (4 stat increase + 4 bonus with the weapon)

I have a team centered around Tharja that can buff her to +16 damage easily.

Wiseblade

Shun

Took them long enough to listen to twitter complaints.

They just need to listen to the complaints about syncing arena and new gacha and getting more updated content up to speed.

Ilvocare

oh...
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831700448335712256
1/2 stamina for tower & 0 stamina for changing skill is permanent, changed from release celebration only
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831700809075142656
login bonus for release celebration extended until 14th march

edit: just realized I used ap instead of stamina lol

actually a goddamn megaton

leveling through stratums post-6 is slow enough as is, I can't fucking imagine only being able to run through the later ones only 2 tries at a time

goldenpp72

Great news, the stamina system as it is, doesn't add much to the game and doesn't make anyone want to pay more, so i'm glad they won't screw it up more.

kswiston

I don't really care about EXP for overleveled units. Just let them continue to get SP. Even if it has to drop to 1 or 2 instead of 3 SP if your level difference is too high.

ggx2ac

I've been using Tharja for a while. I'm pretty sure rally attack lets her doing 8 more damage. (4 stat increase + 4 bonus with the weapon)

I have a team centered around Tharja that can buff her to +16 damage easily.

I just tested it now, it seems I was wrong again.

It seems buffing attack +4 does increase damage by 8.

That means she could easily destroy Takumi.

OceanBlue

Took them long enough to listen to twitter complaints.

They just need to listen to the complaints about syncing arena and new gacha and getting more updated content up to speed.

I imagine stuff like that take longer to plan and roll out, so if they were to do those things, they'd want to avoid premature announcements. I'm hopeful for this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom