• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

The stamina cost for the tower seems perfect for long-term grinding with our current max stamina, so it's great that it's staying at what it is now. And skill swapping costing stamina was a dumb idea. More orbs are always welcome of course. Good update (or lack of changes?) this time around.

oh...
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831700448335712256
1/2 stamina for tower & 0 stamina for changing skill is permanent, changed from release celebration only
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831700809075142656
login bonus for release celebration extended until 14th march

edit: just realized I used ap instead of stamina lol
Perfect. A big part of why this game is so easy to pick up and play is because of how easy it is to jump in and train your characters without blowing through lots of stamina. It also lessens the disappointment of getting 3* pulls and 2* & 1* free characters, since you can build them up quickly. Great news.

OceanBlue

I just tested it now, it seems I was wrong again.

It seems buffing attack +4 does increase damage by 8.

That means she could easily destroy Takumi.

Tharja could already kill Takumi pretty easily right? Either she initiates and kills Takumi with the double attack or she retaliates and kills Takumi.

Takumi needs 55/58/61 damage from magic to die. I just looked up Tharja's base ATK and it seems to be 45, so you'd need +16 to OHKO Takumi. Otherwise she just kills him as she usually does.

ggx2ac

Reposting what I said earlier.

Basically, holy shit. I can buff Nino with +8 damage from a +4 attack buff.

The problem is whether I should pick her to 5* or Odin.

Tharja, Nino, Odin have the same weapon but different colours, red, green, blue respectively.

I don't have a Tharja but, I have Nino and Odin. Compared to Nino who has no special, Odin has defiant attack and the special moonbow which is the weaker version of Luna.

That means he has extra ways of being increasing his stats but I don't know how strong he is at 5* level 40.

champloo

Maybe you got confused with Spur attack which doesn't affect her stat thus only increases 4 damage. I know I was pretty confused with all these spur/hone/fortify lol

Tharja, Nino, Odin have the same weapon but different colours, red, green, blue respectively.

I don't have a Tharja but, I have Nino and Odin. Compared to Nino who has no special, Odin has defiant attack and the special moonbow which is the weaker version of Luna.

That means he has extra ways of being increasing his stats but I don't know how strong he is at 5* level 40.

they are all really good imo
Odin doesn't need a buffer to get to +14 damage, though he has low attack when above half health.
Tharja has darting blow. combines with a speed buff she doubles almost everyone.
Nino has the highest atk/spd, also draw back.

Shun

I imagine stuff like that take longer to plan and roll out, so if they were to do those things, they'd want to avoid premature announcements. I'm hopeful for this too.

Nah, other games have their producers very transparent on twitter about these things and the community.

Just need to keep abiding them by smartphone game standards.

Then we'll have a good QoL game and more QoL updates to come.

ggx2ac

Tharja could already kill Takumi pretty easily right? Either she initiates and kills Takumi with the double attack or she retaliates and kills Takumi.

Takumi needs 55/58/61 damage from magic to die. I just looked up Tharja's base ATK and it seems to be 45, so you'd need +16 to OHKO Takumi. Otherwise she just kills him as she usually does.

Here's Nino's stats for comparison.

C4cAlZjVYAE-NTk.jpg

Odin probably has the easiest chance to kill Takumi but I don't know his 5* level 40 stats.

Maybe you got confused with Spur attack which doesn't affect her stat thus only increases 4 damage. I know I was pretty confused with all these spur/hone/fortify lol

That could be the reason.

Sounds like some good changes, keeping the training energy cost as it is, no stamina for changing skills, good good.

Earning exp from lower level enemies would be a huge welcome change to me, i'm trying to level up my B-team right now and it's a pain if someone gets left behind by 4-5 levels.

Quixzlizx

I realize this isn't a big deal to the arena experts in the thread, but I just finished my first perfect advanced run for a score of 4208. It's that low because my team is currently 40 Y-Tiki/40 Takumi/40 4* Nino/20 4* Olivia. Nino and Takumi backed up by Olivia blow everyone to smithereens, and Tiki is there to OHKO Hector and nothing else, lol.

I'll start leveling up Olivia once I get the feathers to promote Nino to a 5*... I'm just worried that I'll be matched up against buzzsaw juggernaut arena teams right now with my not quite optimal team, but I know ~4200 is pretty much my max until I take the plunge.

OceanBlue

I don't know how well Odin and Tharja perform at 5*, but Nino has been really good for me in arena. She comes with a really good set of support skills and counters any Robins, female Corrins, Nowis, and Lindes. I usually see at least one of those, and even if I don't, she enables me to OHKO Takumi with Lilina or lets me poke at characters with Lilina and draw her back.

Nah, other games have their producers very transparent on twitter about these things and the community.

Just need to keep abiding them by smartphone game standards.

Then we'll have a good QoL game and more QoL updates to come.

I see. Hopefully they end up being as responsive. I do remember seeing some of the GBF producer streams and those were always cool.

oh...
1/2 stamina for tower & 0 stamina for changing skill is permanent, changed from release celebration only
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831701393505259520
-Monday training tower will get item drop starting next week
-they'll change exp reward when facing weaker enemies next month (probably no more 0 exp?)

Excellent.

lt519

Woah had a 260 defense today. Two others at 250+.

Need to decide who to use them feathers on, thinking Raven or Kagero. Missing a neutral and a green.

PK Gaming

oh...
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/831701393505259520
-Monday training tower will get item drop starting next week
-they'll change exp reward when facing weaker enemies next month (probably no more 0 exp?)

gkbtuWh.gif

OceanBlue

Here's Nino's stats for comparison.

Odin probably has the easiest chance to kill Takumi but I don't know his 5* level 40 stats.

+ATK Nino, nice. Mine is +RES. I might have to 5* my second Nino for +ATK lol.

Odin has 35 base attack, so even with 38 he'd need +20. Odin apparently has 43 HP/25 DEF though which is crazy lol. Amusingly enough one hit from a regular ATK Takumi doesn't bring him to below half health.

evanmisha

Woot! Cracked the top 500! Haven't dropped a dime so far, either. Might just tomorrow to try my luck at a Seliph, though...

My team throughout was Effie, Tiki (Young), Hector, and Elise

lt519

Need expert advice, who do I 5-star to replace Sophia? Thinking Kagero or Raven but haven't had time to research tier lists. Help GAF. I could always do Subaki but that feels like a wasted effort, probably won't get much better or much more useful. I've also got Nino as a green three star who intrigues me as someone that likes to use mages. I've been pulling for Takumi or Camilla but getting a 5 star stand in for now would be nice, but long run what's best?

Decided to do one last round of summoning for Camilla, if I wasn't going to get her this time I was going to drop the game entirely. Went through 71 orbs with no luck, but an extra 3 to get one more discount summon and got her. Yassssssssssssssssssssss

Awesome! That story is very similar to what I experienced today.

I wasn't planning on dropping the game, but I was set on the Deep Devotion banner units. Specifically Takumi and Camilla. I got 5* Camilla on my very last summon.

I didn't have to burn nearly as many orbs as you did, though. I was due for good luck, because I didn't have a really great start.

Totakeke

Need expert advice, who do I 5-star to replace Sophia? Thinking Kagero or Raven but haven't had time to research tier lists. Help GAF. I could always do Subaki but that feels like a wasted effort, probably won't get much better or much more useful. I've also got Nino as a green three star who intrigues me as someone that likes to use mages. I've been pulling for Takumi or Camilla but getting a 5 star stand in for now would be nice, but long run what's best?

Kagero only has 31 hp and 22 def on max, so while her +50% attack against infantry is still quite good, letting her do 60atk against infantry at 32spd, I don't know if she's worth the 5*. You definitely want atk buffers to be used with her because you can't really buff her speed enough (unless you get a +spd nature) while buffing her attack will net you a 50% bonus. In the current meta where fliers and calvary are less common she's probably quite good.

Subaki is a pretty defensive blue flier with triangle adept. But even with 35 def he probably doesn't do much against a meta full of Takumis.

It depends on what you want too, do you just want suggestions specific to the current arena meta? You probably should post your full 3* list as well.

OceanBlue

I'm no expert, but what do you have trouble dealing with? I'm a huge Nino shill apparently so take this with a grain of salt, but I feel like she covers your weaknesses (IMO Nowi and Linde give your team a hard time). That said I'd just wait a few days to see how the new characters pan out. You might want to change your mind.

His attack sucks...

But that's because when defiant attack kicks in, it boosts his Atk by 7 which increases his damage by 14.

So he can do 49 damage alone. It's still low though, his speed is low and his defense is okay.
Wow I didn't even think about that interaction lol. That's really interesting. That said, since he needs to be at 21 HP to get that, I feel like you might as well use Robin.

Cerium

Yo I need a strat for Lunatic 9-2.

I do pretty much no damage to these fucks. Even magic damage and Takumi slide right off them. Their god damn healer can take three hits from my guys!

Fireblend

Banned
Level 40 Armored red dude:

One shots level 40 5* Roy
One shots level 35 4* Selena
One shots level 36 4* Nowi

Wtf?! They all initiated the attack and the dude repelled them like he was 25 levels above. What should I use against guys like that? I don't think I'm ever beating world 9 in Lunatic :(

Guess I'll just continue grinding them but I don't see 4 levels making a huge difference

lt519

Kagero only has 31 hp and 22 def on max, so while her +50% attack against infantry is still quite good, letting her do 60atk against infantry at 32spd, I don't know if she's worth the 5*. You definitely want atk buffers to be used with her because you can't really buff her speed enough (unless you get a +spd nature) while buffing her attack will net you a 50% bonus. In the current meta where fliers and calvary are less common she's probably quite good.

Subaki is a pretty defensive blue flier with triangle adept. But even with 35 def he probably doesn't do much against a meta full of Takumis.

It depends on what you want too, do you just want suggestions specific to the current arena meta? You probably should post your full 3* list as well.

My Kagero at level 20 has 24 ATk, 20 spd, 22hp, is that the SPD nature?

Here's the rest of the squad. I'd say more long run well rounded team then full meta, but enough to be competitive against common arena opponents (lots of reds). I mostly have DEF buffs on my team, so I guess with Kagero I'd have to level up an atk buff unit.

I'm no expert, but what do you have trouble dealing with? I'm a huge Nino shill apparently so take this with a grain of salt, but I feel like she covers your weaknesses (IMO Nowi and Linde give your team a hard time). That said I'd just wait a few days to see how the new characters pan out. You might want to change your mind.

Yeah, Nowi and Linde wreck me. Effie can give me a hard time if I don't get the drop on her or I get cornered.

Totakeke

My Kagero at level 20 has 24 ATk, 20 spd, 22hp, is that the SPD nature?

Here's the rest of the squad. I'd say more long run well rounded team then full meta, but enough to be competitive against common arena opponents (lots of reds). I mostly have DEF buffs on my team, so I guess with Kagero I'd have to level up an atk buff unit.

Go to the unlock potential screen, see her 5* lvl 1 stats, and use this calculator to determine her nature.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

You want to check the natures of any characters you're considering before ranking them up. A crappy nature can really make a character much worse. If you want to think longer term and just round up your colors first, I think I do agree with the recommendation of Nino because while you have Robin for magic damage, he's not really a nuker, while Nino is. Roy would take care of green fine, is weak to blue, while Robin should be sufficient to deal with most colorless units. So a green unit probably is the best, Kagero is fine too honestly.

Other green units I would consider include Raven and Anna.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I decided to reroll on an emulator before the banner switches and save off any good rerolls I get. First one I did just now and I got this (I've NEVER been this lucky before):

Hm... now looking at it I have
a -Atk +Def Lucina (boo)
+HP -Res Marth (not great but fine)
+HP -Def Sakura (lol)... well hey I'll still take it.

So if I create a new Nintendo account, I can keep my current account and this one and switch on and off between them right?

OceanBlue

Yeah, Nowi and Linde wreck me. Effie can give me a hard time if I don't get the drop on her or I get cornered.

Nino actually deals with Effie pretty well with your current team setup. Just kill everyone else before Effie gets to you, and then start poking away at her with Robin while pulling Robin out of counterattack range with Nino lol.

Agree with everything Totakeke said. Anna is also a really good recommendation. I wish I didn't have a ton of characters I want to 5* because I want to try her too.

Squarehard

So I decided to reroll on an emulator before the banner switches and save off any good rerolls I get. First one I did just now and I got this (I've NEVER been this lucky before):

a -Atk +Def Lucina (boo)

So if I create a new Nintendo account, I can keep my current account and this one and switch on and off between them right?
Dang, that's as good as my roll earlier, maybe even better from earlier, although Marth is fairly common.

And yeah, if you create a new Nintendo account you can switch log ins between the both. The only thing you need to watch out for is to not click the "Delete all" button in the game. If you do that, it'll actually delete the account tied to that Nintendo account, and it doesn't reset your rewards for linking to Nintendo. Just uninstall the game if you want to switch between accounts.

Cerium

Is it just me or is arena a lot tougher this week than it used to be? I can still get the Advanced 7 chains but I'm losing dudes left and right.

Meh tried grinding for a few more orb and went for one last pull with 9.5% 5* rate and got all three stars. I'm done pulling until the next banner and maybe even later than that. Feel like once Robin Joins Camilla and Roy with 5* I will be content for awhile. Just need to decide between Shanna, Jeorge, and Olivia for the last spot.

Speaking of Shanna people don't talk much about her and maybe for good reason, but she can trigger her special within one attack which is pretty wild.

champloo

a -Atk +Def Lucina (boo)

you need a rooted android phone to do that conveniently afaik. or you'll have to delete the game every time you switch accounts.

OceanBlue

Meh tried grinding for a few more orb and went for one last pull with 9.5% 5* rate and got all three stars. I'm done pulling until the next banner and maybe even later than that. Feel like once Robin Joins Camilla and Roy with 5* I will be content for awhile. Just need to decide between Shanna, Jeorge, and Olivia for the last spot.

Speaking of Shanna people don't talk much about her and maybe for good reason, but she can trigger her special within one attack which is pretty wild.

Dang that sucks dude :(. It'd be really cool if they carried over pull rates into the next gacha.

Shanna seems really interesting. I'd want to play her except I already play Catria and I don't want two fliers to die to Takumi lol. I'm still keeping her around though in case I need to start fighting off mages or something. Catria does the same thing with Killer Lance and a 3-turn special. What usually ends up happening with me is that Catria attacks a sword user, finishes her opponent off on the counterattack, and next turn can fly around with Luna. It's pretty solid.

lt519

Nino actually deals with Effie pretty well with your current team setup. Just kill everyone else before Effie gets to you, and then start poking away at her with Robin while pulling Robin out of counterattack range with Nino lol.

Agree with everything Totakeke said. Anna is also a really good recommendation. I wish I didn't have a ton of characters I want to 5* because I want to try her too.

I like the idea of using Ninos pull back with Robin. I'm OK with Subaki, Roy, and Robin tanking for a glass cannon. Not sure I need another melee unit with how many choke points these maps have. That being said I'd get to grind out some feathers in arena for Nino and Kagero I'm short a great badge. I guess I'll just wait a bit for the new banner, who knows how often they'll give out feathers like that.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Turns out my Kagero is Speed nature and my Raven is -hp/+res, seems like a bad combo for Raven.

ChrisD

Well, they've got me for at least a whole month on top of the hours I've played already with the extension to the Login bonus Orbs, and for a heck of a lot longer with the permanently reduced Arena costs. I am actually really enjoying my time with this game, but if the costs doubled I would have been pretty peeved. I (mostly) enjoy grinding in this bite-size FE gameplay.

Wanted to see if I could get another Lucina from the Heroes Banner before things rolled over, as I would like to +1 my Level 40 Lucina. Both boards I was presented with had no Red. =/ Went with Green hoping for Hector, got my fourth Beruka instead. Next board immediately; Blue this time, because I don't want any more dang Beruka's, and I got a 5* Catria. That makes for four 5*'s (Lucina, Camilla, Takumi, Catria) as a complete F2Player. Tried one more Blue to spend the final four Orbs I had on me and got some other Pegasus Knight. She was 3*.

Kind of sucks that Lucina is maxed out now (well, sans her final skill).

I just 5* palla, so I have a flying team all set with camilla, hinoka, and palla with olivia for dancing. The flier buff is huge especially with brave weapons, Camilla with +10 attack basically nets 20 extra damage in one attack and the speed buff is negated. Takumis gets absolutely destroyed by this team as long as I initiate which isn't too hard considering the AI.

I do have a Caeda but I don't think that flier defense buff stacks with Hinoka's. Though it would benefit Hinoka to get beffed herself besides the spur from Palla.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Dang, that's as good as my roll earlier, maybe even better from earlier, although Marth is fairly common.

And yeah, if you create a new Nintendo account you can switch log ins between the both. The only thing you need to watch out for is to not click the "Delete all" button in the game. If you do that, it'll actually delete the account tied to that Nintendo account, and it doesn't reset your rewards for linking to Nintendo. Just uninstall the game if you want to switch between accounts.

Oh, good thing I asked. Will do :). Also it should work fine across iOS and Android right? (Like I have an iPhone, and I got this roll on an Android emulator).

Also, considering in my primary account I've rolled like 5 times and the only 5* I have is my rerolled Takumi this is crazy in comparison. My Takumi is pretty awesome though (I think he's +Atk, -Res), so I'm keeping both accounts.

Cerium

Who's better Lyn, Marth or Ryoma?

Each have their strengths and weaknesses but unfortunately I have to recommend either Marth or Ryoma.

Marth is strong against dragons, and dragons are very strong, and popular in the meta, so that's a point in his favor.

Ryoma however can counter ranged attacks and that's very useful.

Take your pick.

They all serve different purposes. Lyn is a high-risk beater while Marth is more of a tank. Ryoma sits in some middle-ground between the two and is probably the best in most situations.

Lyn is a build-around character for sure. You might be able to do something with a Rally Defense + Dancer build. I think she's a really underrated character. Somewhere in the same area as Tharja.

Shun

Ryoma > Marth > Lyn

Ryoma is the second best offensive red after Lucina because of his speed, attack at under 50%, and his counter.

He is one of the few characters that can bait a hit from Takumi, Reflet, and even Rinda, survive, then go back and revenge kill them.

Marth is one of the most versatile, what he lacks in raw firepower, he has in mobility with his skills and Falchion. Being able to warp at 40%, cover a teammate, and generally decent stats all around makes him a good unit to have. But you might still want someone faster and stronger.

Lyn is like Ryoma in that she is best at 50%, but she is much more frail and isn't going to really cut it at higher levels of Arena. She's still good, just not as good as the rest of the hyper offensive reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom