• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I had 60 orbs and was hoping to get Eirika. Did two full pulls and got mostly trash, minus a young Tiki and Nowi (both 4 star). Did another few pulls and only went for red. Trash, trash. Then, literally my last pull with 6 orbs left...

32077550244_26e0a76a7f_z.jpg

redcrayon

It's funny how my 'most wanted' unit changes on a regular basis. Earlier today I wanted Ephraim, but now I've got Oboro filling that gap and managed my first 4* to 5* promotion, Cordelia! I'm well-covered for blue attackers now.

What I'm after instead is 5* Azura (or a higher * Olivia) just so I don't have to level my 2* Olivia up all the way just to get dance...

Shinypogs

All of the special paralogue quests complete except those that need me to have the new characters. Also holy shit hanging out in the 25k ranking atm I dunno that it will last the week but it feels good.

Balphon

The training tower is pretty poorly configured. I don't see why I need three tiers that are all 38+ when the one below them sits at 31-34.

Dreavus

Hmm, maybe my worst pull yet! Decided to try 20 orbs just for fun, and got all 3*, all dupes of what I've already got. Living the gacha life over here.

Cerium

I'm waiting on the FemRobin event and hoping she's good because I need a green caster and I'm not about to drop real money chasing Julia.

Corum

For my 2nd pull today I received a 5* Seliph (-Atk, +Spd) - what's people's thoughts on him?

I'm only 3 days into my FE:Heroes, with no prior FE experience, but having a lot of fun so far (5* Robin has been my other major pull).

Fireblend

Banned
Should I replace a 5 star Peri for a 4 star Nowi in my arena team? I know Nowi is among the best blue units, but I don't know if the penalty for not being 5 star will hurt me too much.

Maybe I should replace 5 star Camilla instead. She doesn't do much with how many red characters are in Arena atm.

Dragner

I'm waiting on the FemRobin event and hoping she's good because I need a green caster and I'm not about to drop real money chasing Julia.

If you have Nino she is probably the best green caster(Better than Julia). Her weapon passive is insane if you have buffs and she has the highest speed of all mages outside of Linde and a pretty good atk stat. And is a base 3 so you can always work it out with feathers.

Qurupeke

Both are good. Its not like Catria is garbage. So if you like more Catria just go for it. In this week arena Fliers are very good as long as you avoid takumis range.

Yeah, I don't really think Catria is bad, but isn't Robin supposed to be one of the best units, being a good counter against Takumi?

Cerium

Should I replace a 5 star Peri for a 4 star Nowi in my arena team? I know Nowi is among the best blue units, but I don't know if the penalty for not being 5 star will hurt me too much.

Maybe I should replace 5 star Camilla instead. She doesn't do much with how many red characters are in Arena atm.

You should consider using feathers to upgrade Nowi to 5*.

If you have Nino she is probably the best green caster(Better than Julia). Her weapon passive is insane if you have buffs and she has the highest speed of all mages outside of Linde and a pretty good atk stat. And is a base 3 so you can always work it out with feathers.

I don't, unfortunately.

Dragner

Yeah, I don't really think Catria is bad, but isn't Robin supposed to be one of the best units, being a good counter against Takumi?

Yeah he is a good takumi counter but if you have other ways of dealing with takumi you can just not use Robin. If Takumi gives you problem then yeah...may have to use Robin.

It's funny how my 'most wanted' unit changes on a regular basis. Earlier today I wanted Ephraim, but now I've got Oboro filling that gap and managed my first 4* to 5* promotion, Cordelia! I'm well-covered for blue attackers now.

What I'm after instead is 5* Azura (or a higher * Olivia) just so I don't have to level my 2* Olivia up all the way just to get dance...

Good luck with that!

Cerium

For my 2nd pull today I received a 5* Seliph (-Atk, +Spd) - what's people's thoughts on him?

I'm only 3 days into my FE:Heroes, with no prior FE experience, but having a lot of fun so far (5* Robin has been my other major pull).

He'll probably be your best red option for now but first impressions aren't great. Tyrfing seems useless, he has no special skills and his passives are not amazing.

OceanBlue

They do different things. If you really need a Takumi counter you should probably get Robin. If you don't but need a character that can deal with swords faster or without taking as much damage, I like Catria better. Just being able to counterattack is pretty big IMO since it frees her up for attacking another character or repositioning next turn.

Azuran

Banned
The training tower is pretty poorly configured. I don't see why I need three tiers that are all 38+ when the one below them sits at 31-34.

Half of this game is poorly configured. The random training tower levels actually looks like good design compared to the other stuff.

Anastasis

I've got 5-5* (Takumi [+defense,-speed], Linde, Minerva, Roy and Raven)
I've got 3-4* (Marth, Olivia and Robin)

Team is level 40 Takumi, Linde, Minerva and Roy, but I'm thinking of brining in Olivia at 4* for Roy and then have Marth be my first promotion to 5* to replace her later. Sound like a plan or am I missing something? Thanks!

Cerium

I've got 5-5* (Takumi [+defense,-speed], Linde, Minerva, Roy and Raven)
I've got 3-4* (Marth, Olivia and Robin)

Team is level 40 Takumi, Linde, Minerva and Roy, but I'm thinking of brining in Olivia at 4* for Roy and then have Marth be my first promotion to 5* to replace her later. Sound like a plan or am I missing something? Thanks!

Either Olivia or Marth would probably serve you better than Roy.

Shinypogs

A simple thing but it took a post on Reddit to remind me to rearrange my units so that if they need to engage on combat turn one everyone has gotten an attack buff. From there it's a matter of moving into range and positioning the units with spur buffs. My team is now "we have all the buffs and you have just been debuffed to hell."

I need so many feathers !!!

Everyone keeps pimping Nino, at some point I need to make time to train the one I have since she opens up some neat positioning play.

Tubobutts

I've been tempted to buy orbs because it is impossible for me to beat the last three levels of lunatic with the characters I have but I stop myself by remembering that all my summons have been crap so it's just a waste of money.

OVDRobo

I've been tempted to buy orbs because it is impossible for me to beat the last three levels of lunatic with the characters I have but I stop myself by remembering that all my summons have been crap so it's just a waste of money.

It's pretty tough to beat them even with good characters if you don't have the right ones. It's not really worth it since you've got almost a year to do it and get the associated missions completed and the couple of orbs you'll get for the trouble aren't really justification for spending money to get.

Just give it time. You'll get the right pull eventually. Maybe on a unit that hasn't even been released yet that just happens to be perfect to finish those levels.

If you can at least make some progress on the level, but then your characters die, you can always cheese it using Light Blessings to revive all your characters once they die. Remember, you can get more of them from My Nintendo for 100 coins each, so they're technically one free a week (if you log in to the eshop/miiverse on a 3DS or wii u, and the website, you can get 120 platinum coins a week for nothing). Or 60 a week if you don't own a current Nintendo console.

Who's better, Florina or Gwendolyn? My team currently is 5* Lucina, 4* Lilina, 3* Cherche and 3*Florina. Gwendolyn is 4* so it's probably more logical to sub her in and use badges to upgrade Cherche. But having an extra flier might be handy.

Okay, been training her anyway but I just got Fae and remember hearing really good things about her.

Thanks!
Fae is great. She was the first 5 Star I pulled and her ability to be able to weaken opponents near her, pull teammates away from danger and being able to heal herself 10 HP every 4th, 3rd, then 2nd turn once the skill is leveled up makes her amazing. She is also quite tanky for a dragon girl.

SalvaPot

Half of this game is poorly configured. The random training tower levels actually looks like good design compared to the other stuff.

Its perfectly configured... to spend more money on it!

Also I have come to realize it may be worth it more to spend the feathers in getting 3* to 4* instead of 4*¨to 5*. It seems this game values variety and strategy more than pure strength, specially in lunatic and the Arena.

There are 4* units far more valuable than some 5*-

WadeitOut

I've finally hit the massive wait wall in this game with no way to obtain orbs except dailies. If anything will get me to quit playing it will be this.

pHand

If you can at least make some progress on the level, but then your characters die, you can always cheese it using Light Blessings to revive all your characters once they die. Remember, you can get more of them from My Nintendo for 100 coins each, so they're technically one free a week (if you log in to the eshop/miiverse on a 3DS or wii u, and the website, you can get 120 platinum coins a week for nothing). Or 60 a week if you don't own a current Nintendo console.

Unfortunately, Light's Blessings are listed as "Redeemable: 3 times." Not sure if that's 3 times per month or 3 times period, but I think it's the latter.

Speaking of My Nintendo, I really wish they'd update the FEH missions so there are repeatable ones.

Cerium

What's everyone's opinion on female Corrin vs Nowi? I have both at four star and not sure who I should push forward with.

Nowi has the ranged counter, Corrin has the debuffs.

I would go with Corrin simply because she can't be pulled as a 5* so fewer people have her at that rank.

Dreavus

hah, now i can't unsee that. same with the anna art work. her left arm loks so tiny compared to her right arm

Anna's art is Weeeeeird. Her one arm is way too short even though it looks like it should be straight the way she's leaning on it. The only way it works is if she has it bent behind all the arm armor (?), but it looks like it's supposed to be straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom