• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pulled a + defense - res Hector. Did I just use up all my luck for the rest of my life? Sucks my Lucina also is -res, i'm basically magebait.

Razmos

hah, now i can't unsee that. same with the anna art work. her left arm loks so tiny compared to her right arm
2_big.png

Omg what. I did not even notice. That is some messed up perspective lol
Something about her legs bug me too, her left leg is obviously meant to be in front as her right foot is behind it, but her right thigh looks weird

Draxal

At first glance Julia might be a game changer, Seliph looks blah, Eirika is a good red in a sea of good reds, Ephraim might be garbo because of his speed.

Having pulled a couple good natured Julias I think Nino is probably better. But not better enough in having to use all the feathers to raise her.

SalvaPot

About to upgrade my Nino from 3* to 4*, her stats will become

HP 15
Atk 17
Spd 9
Def 3
Res 7

So I take it that is +Atk -Spd? Or am I confused?

The wait wall I was referring to was getting stamina, not popping units. I have two good teams of 5 stars with one all 40. Working on my second from 20.

I made a guide to get one free stamina potion every week using my nintendo coins: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...ntent=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit

**What is My Nintendo?**

My Nintendo is an online service that aims to connect all Nintendo services in a single place. By linking your 3DS and/or Wii U Nintendo ID or your mobile account to it you get access to bonus content, such as exclusive rewards and discounts.

**How you can use it in FEH**

So you may know that by linking your Fire Emblem Heroes Game to https://my.nintendo.com/ you get 10 free orbs. But you may also notice that when you complete a chapter, you got 100 FEH Platinum Coins.

**You can use 100 Platinum Coins to buy the following**

* 1 Stamina Potion.

* 500 Universal Crystals.

* 1 Light's Blessing.

* 1 Dueling Crest.

* 500 Universal Shard.

**To claim the FEH Platinum Coins**

* Go to Home (Your Castle)

* Tap the Fountain (Quest and Missions)

* Tap the Glowing Platinum Coin in the Top Right corner.

* Tap Missions

* Claim the reward you have earned..

*You got coins!

**To use the coins, you have to do the following:**

* Go to Home (Your Castle)

* Tap the Fountain (Quest and Missions)

* Tap the Glowing Platinum Coin in the Top Right corner.

* Tap the prize you want and exchange it for 100 points.

* If you ran out of FEH coins, you can access https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/fire_emblem_heroes and buy them there with regular Platinum Coins.

* Go to the owl to claim your reward!

You'll notice that so far you can only get a maximum of 1100 FEH branded platinum coins in the game, they may add more later on. But there is another way to get Platinum coins and get one more reward once a week.

You can get 120 coins every week by doing the following:

* Login to My Nintendo once a week. Be sure to click on the coin that your Mii is chasing. (30 coins)

* Visit Miiverse with a Nintendo account linked to My Nintendo once a week. (30 coins)

* Visit the Nintendo eShop Nintendo account linked to My Nintendo once a week. (30 coins)

* Visit nintendo.com once a week. Be sure to login. (30 coins). Thanks u/TripleFlipAndMeow and u/aianmoo16 for this tip.

* Subscribe to the e-mail Nintendo newsletter. (10 coins). This one is only once a month.

To claim the coins you NEED to access the My Nintendo page once a week, if you don't the missions will reset by next week.

Its something really simple but it takes 5 minutes and its something you can do while waiting for your stamina to refill, and if you don't feel like using them yet, you can save them to get special offers like free Nintendo games or better stuff down the line. For example, Miitomo uses the coins for exclusive clothing items. Maybe FEH might make a few costumes exclusive to the My Nintendo service, so its always nice to have it, just in case.

PK Gaming

Julia's average stats

38 HP, 49 ATK, 30 SPD, 17 DEF, 29 RES

So she'll destroy blue mages, make dragons cry but Red swords or pretty much any fast physical attacker walks all over her. An average/slightly above average unit with a unique niche.

WadeitOut

I advanced my Robin to 5 stars. So I might convert my Takumi/Lucina/Merric/Hinoka team to a Takumi/Lucina/Robin/Hector team once I get the last two up to 40.

I personally think Ephraim works well. Depends on the team you have him in.

Mupod

I found some mock summoning simulator that was supposed to dissuade you from spending money on the game by showing how bad the chances are to get anything. I tried to replicate my real life 155-orb streak of nothing in it and after tons of tries couldn't even get halfway without finding a 5*. Yikes.

Gotchaye

What's everyone's opinion on female Corrin vs Nowi? I have both at four star and not sure who I should push forward with.

Combat animations on or off?

Nowi seems generally stronger, but it's somewhat team-dependent. Nowi is the much better solo hero. She counter-attacks everything, she's tanky enough to take some hits, and everything that attacked her loses Res at the start of your turn. She's a huge pain in Arena.

Corrin has the far-inferior Seal Res skill and her stats aren't as good, but she buffs your team's attack and when she initiates on the enemy she can weaken their whole team for your other guys to mop up. After she attacks your other guys take less damage from counters and are more likely to double attack, so she can set up huge plays, but you have to be able to take advantage of that. The debuff isn't worth her overextending and getting killed by a Falchion or green next turn.

Dreavus

2_big.png

Omg what. I did not even notice. That is some messed up perspective lol
Something about her legs bug me too, her left leg is obviously meant to be in front as her right foot is behind it, but her right thigh looks weird

lol.

It's kind of hard to see in the game unless you look at the whole piece. Her other artwork (attacking and hurt) is fine too.

But yeah, bit of a perspective blunder happening here.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

SalvaPot

Holy crapola...I completely forgot about My Nintendo being linked to this game. Thank you sir!

No problem x).
I was JUST looking at your guide to get some free points, thanks!

I then realized I could get a bunch of points by actually playing Super Mario Run. Then I went to the OT to add some people to get the points... but seems like that thread is dead. Can't believe that game died so fast.

I am still waiting on that game to release on Android...

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Are people sleeping on Cecilia? She's a mounted green mage with plus damage to colorless and high attack. I invested in getting her to five stars and she's been super effective for me so far.

Mupod

debating if I should clear out some of my horde of 3* trash to try and get Camilla to 5...the collector in me wants to have 1 of everybody 'just in case' though.

PK Gaming

Combat animations on or off?

Nowi seems generally stronger, but it's somewhat team-dependent. Nowi is the much better solo hero. She counter-attacks everything, she's tanky enough to take some hits, and everything that attacked her loses Res at the start of your turn. She's a huge pain in Arena.

Corrin has the far-inferior Seal Res skill and her stats aren't as good, but she buffs your team's attack and when she initiates on the enemy she can weaken their whole team for your other guys to mop up. After she attacks your other guys take less damage from counters and are more likely to double attack, so she can set up huge plays, but you have to be able to take advantage of that. The debuff isn't worth her overextending and getting killed by a Falchion or green next turn.

To add to this, Corrin is super speedy for a tank and works better on Dancer teams due to her debuffs (since it's far easier to reach doubling thresholds are a Speed debuff). Not to downplay Nowi's prowess since she's ruthlessly strong, but if you want a fun alternative to Nowi, then Corrin's worth a shot.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly, I really don't enjoy the reddit circlejerk about who's bad and who's not bad. In these types of games, there are very few characters that are just straight up fundamentally bad and broken. I'm referring to the stupid reddit post about Ephraim being bad and don't roll for him. I think this notion is fine but the supporting evidence shows a lack of design understanding in the game. On paper Ephraim is actually a very good unit as he fulfills a very specific purpose which is to be a tank buster. He is single handedly the best tank buster in the game. Everything else he is good to average.

The game unfortunately suffers from too many good/OP units that have flooded every single color type which makes niche picks look very bad. Also I'm seeing the comments about how Sharena is even better than Ephraim when the two are clearly different types of units. One is a tank buster and the other is a damage mitgator. Now this brings up the topic of meta. When the current meta is flooded with specific units and really no red tanks, this means that Ephraim just doesn't have the opportunity to shine.

I encourage people to seriously look at the underlying design and kit of the units to see what they do and if they're actually good at it. Not make half-assed comments and compare it to an OP unit or a unit that doesn't fit the meta and say it's absolute garbage.

Gotchaye

Are people sleeping on Cecilia? She's a mounted green mage with plus damage to colorless and high attack. I invested in getting her to five stars and she's been super effective for me so far.

She's fine. My main concern, and the reason I didn't 5* her, is that she's got very low total stats because she's paying a penalty for being mounted and for being a mage.

Coppanuva

So... any suggestions on who I should work on next? My team is:

Takumi 5*
Roy 5*
Merric 4* (Maybe Narcian 4*, or Lissa 4*)
F!Corrin 3*

I want to maybe replace or upgrade F!Corrin with another blue, but I'm not sure who. Options are:
Sharena (Currently 3* but can upgrade)
F!Corrin upgraded to 4*
Subaki 4*

Are any of those the best?
Any suggestions on what to do with my Green space dilemna?

Cerium

So... any suggestions on who I should work on next? My team is:

Takumi 5*
Roy 5*
Merric 4* (Maybe Narcian 4*, or Lissa 4*)
F!Corrin 3*

I want to maybe replace or upgrade F!Corrin with another blue, but I'm not sure who. Options are:
Sharena (Currently 3* but can upgrade)
F!Corrin upgraded to 4*
Subaki 4*

Are any of those the best?
Any suggestions on what to do with my Green space dilemna?

FemCorrin is the best of your blues, I would upgrade her. Taking her to 4* is cheap.

I have a green dilemma as well. I'm choosing to wait for FemRobin to see how she shapes up, but if you don't want to wait for a total unknown then Anna is not a bad option at all.

Gotchaye

FemCorrin is the best of your blues, I would upgrade her. Taking her to 4* is cheap.

I have a green dilemma as well. I'm choosing to wait for FemRobin to see how she shapes up, but if you don't want to wait for a total unknown then Anna is not a bad option at all.

I just 5*ed Anna after my Fae turned out to have bad IVs and she seems very good so far. The enemy will suicide into Vantage. I'm thinking she'll be fantastic on any Arena map where you can split up the enemy team into groups of 2.

Blue-kun

Finally!

Good to see they're giving a shoutout to Sigurd here, as well. Hopefully I'll be able to have both father and son riding together one day in this game :)

And lol, I guess I should change my name. Kept the default one for rerolling, but now that's done~.

OceanBlue

Honestly, I really don't enjoy the reddit circlejerk about who's bad and who's not bad. In these types of games, there are very few characters that are just straight up fundamentally bad and broken. I'm referring to the stupid reddit post about Ephraim being bad and don't roll for him. I think this notion is fine but the supporting evidence shows a lack of design understanding in the game. On paper Ephraim is actually a very good unit as he fulfills a very specific purpose which is to be a tank buster. He is single handedly the best tank buster in the game. Everything else he is good to average.

The game unfortunately suffers from too many good/OP units that have flooded every single color type which makes niche picks look very bad. Also I'm seeing the comments about how Sharena is even better than Ephraim when the two are clearly different types of units. One is a tank buster and the other is a damage mitgator. Now this brings up the topic of meta. When the current meta is flooded with specific units and really no red tanks, this means that Ephraim just doesn't have the opportunity to shine.

I encourage people to seriously look at the underlying design and kit of the units to see what they do and if they're actually good at it. Not make half-assed comments and compare it to an OP unit or a unit that doesn't fit the meta and say it's absolute garbage.
I agree with this a lot. Ephraim has the stats and skills to fill a really nice niche. Not only is he pretty tanky with infantry movement range, he also makes it really hard to bring similarly tanky units that do physical attacks. The biggest issue is how he doesn't necessarily fight young Tiki well despite being blue, but she might not always be everywhere.

I also feel the same way with Erika. As the character list diversifies, if we reach the point where the biggest threat is blue, Erika can provide really good utility for a team centered around a blue or green damage dealer while still having a decent amount of survivability and some damage.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Ephraim seems kind of like Chrom. Super high attack, but the speed is lower. If you get Ephraim just be aware of that and I'm sure he'll have his uses. Plus that reddit thread is specially about Arena.

Finally!

Good to see they're giving a shoutout to Sigurd here, as well. Hopefully I'll be able to have both father and son riding together one day in this game :)

And lol, I guess I should change my name. Kept the default one for rerolling, but now that's done~.

Oh crap I didn't realize they were from FE4 for a bit, which was my first FE. Now it seems obvious. Sweet! Now I want them all lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, Reddit can be one of the worst places for this. Calling it a circle jerk is pretty accurate, and if you post a dissenting opinion, it will be down voted into oblivion. Have to take all of those posts with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to the viability of certain characters. Just read the facts and decide for yourself.

I found some mock summoning simulator that was supposed to dissuade you from spending money on the game by showing how bad the chances are to get anything. I tried to replicate my real life 155-orb streak of nothing in it and after tons of tries couldn't even get halfway without finding a 5*. Yikes.

It is interesting..some spend 90-100 orbs and nothing.

I spend 25 orbs and get eirika, Epharim and Hector all 5 stars. Its all about luck heh

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ephraim seems kind of like Chrom. Super high attack, but the speed is lower. If you get Ephraim just be aware of that and I'm sure he'll have his uses. Plus that reddit thread is specially about Arena.

The speed is intentionally lower though. Tanks shouldn't really that high of a speed… So if that's the case then it's completely irrelevant.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well I rolled 40 orbs on my main account and got a 4* Marth and a 4* Ogma (would've have been thrilled with a 5* Marth but oh well). How is Marth at 4*? Still worth training?

OceanBlue

The speed is intentionally lower though. Tanks shouldn't really that high of a speed… So if that's the case then it's completely irrelevant.
I don't think it's completely irrelevant. Acknowledging that a character has a particular design goal and a role that the character fulfills doesn't mean you should ignore the character's weaknesses as part of his design. In Ephraim's case, he has the stats of a more mobile tank without the skills. Part of why Effie is so good is that she has Wary Guard. Since Ephraim doesn't have that, you have to consider how that affects his current and potential matchups.

Shun

At first glance Julia might be a game changer, Seliph looks blah, Eirika is a good red in a sea of good reds, Ephraim might be garbo because of his speed.

Ephram isn't garbage.

He's literally just Elfie with 8 less base stat total and without the drawbacks of being a armor knight. Just doesn't have the double immunity above 50% but for the most part he is fine.

He isn't as good as Rinda or Sharon, but he doesn't have to be.

Being able to soak some hits and make things easier for his party is all he really needs and he does his job fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom