• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

I did a roll and omg I got Hector, help.

A6h2YDF.png

qfwB7oz.png

w9f2mmwulr.png

Is he still rare?

Blue-kun

Been here rerolling all day trying to get a headstart with Seliph and I've yet to pull any, lol. On the other seen countless Roys even though he's not in the banner anymore!

Yeah...

Ndayday

Neo Member
whoops was looking at the wrong window

Still, how do people not have 30+ of each? I'm almost done with Lunatic and I have 50 of every color except green, which I have 34.

this is why I'm not really bothered by it being a quest reward.
except if there are harder difficulties, you miss out on the hard/lunatic rewards.

NSESN

Julia's apparently really good and Eirika seems to be a great passive stat buffer

Good thing I got Julia then.
I think I will keep my orbs until new characters are introduced. Ephraim doesn't seem very good and I don't need another sword user.

MiTYH

Decided to throw some stones at the new banner. Got some new units which'll help in the long run...

3-star Clarine
3-star Saizo
3-star Corrin Female
4-star Sophia
4-star Barst

wiibomb

Pay 2 get shitty exp crystals that only work on people under level 20 which is incredibly easy to hit.
(the rewards on those quests are crests to promote a character from 4* to 5*)

the rewards are completely besides the point, the point is making progress in these quests can only be achieved by having extreme luck, not just by getting a color-specific unit.

The point is I cannot complete that quest without either having huge luck or just straight out paying, that is terrible design made to throw money at the game. It is worrisome.

Quonny

(the rewards on those quests are crests to promote a character from 4* to 5*)

the rewards are completely besides the point, the point is making progress in these quests can only be achieved by having extreme luck, not just by getting a color-specific unit.

The point is I cannot complete that quest without either having huge luck or just straight out paying, that is terrible design made to throw money at the game. It is worrisome.

I mean, you can spend money to get orbs to get more stamina to grind more of the promotion items. Hell, doing this is way faster and likely cheaper than randomly pulling a hero.

Until they hide exclusive items behind these kind of systems, it really isn't worrisome.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Run both for arena. It will pair you against better teams for more points. Just be ready to start facing +10 takumi teams.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I don't mind facing Takumis because Hector wins that battle. Not sure about +10 though!

so what is consensus about the new characters?

You're probably going to have to wait more than a few hours.

I did a roll and omg I got Hector, help.Is he still rare?

Help? I don't even understand what you're asking.

wiibomb

I mean, you can spend money to get orbs to get more stamina to grind more of the promotion items. Hell, doing this is way faster and likely cheaper than randomly pulling a hero.

Until they hide exclusive items behind these kind of systems, it really isn't worrisome.

that is literally, with exclusive characters, the worst scenarios for these kind of games, almost paywalling the rewards.

it is worrisome because it isn't even a month and we are already seeing P2W quests, even if they are "innocent" emblems

Dreavus

The promo changes sound nice. Honestly the stamina cost to change skills was kind of a non-issue atm, especially if they let you equip for free when you first learn them. But having training tower double in cost was going to suck. Glad they're holding off on that. EDIT: if I'm reading this correctly that is.

this is why I'm not really bothered by it being a quest reward.
except if there are harder difficulties, you miss out on the hard/lunatic rewards.

Luckily there isn't, it's just normal and hard all on the same page. I'm thinking they probably considered how unlikely it would be for people to get all four new units within the event period.

Quonny

that is literally, with exclusive characters, the worst scenarios for these kind of games, almost paywalling the rewards.

it is worrisome because it isn't even a month and we are already seeing P2W quests, even if they are "innocent" emblems

But they're not any more pay to win than refreshing your stamina.

If this bothers you in any real way then bail out now. Not trying to be confrontational, just saying.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

It does suck, but on the other hand I noticed that these quest rewards for using those characters are way smaller than the rewards for things that you can do with any character (like the "clear X level" ones). It's still offputting, but I don't think it's awful - yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Interesting post on Reddit saying that Ephraim sucks. Time will tell, but he IS pretty slow. Speed kills!

Dragner

I have to stop pulling 5*s so many levels and so few stamina #firstworldproblems. Leveling my new ones in going to take me time and I still have a lilina a Maria and a Olivia to level. And next week enough feathers to upgrade another 4*...I hope they do an xp event soon.

wiibomb

But they're not any more pay to win than refreshing your stamina.

If this bothers you in any real way then bail out now. Not trying to be confrontational, just saying.

the stamina is kind of different, because yeah it is made in a very F2P oriented model to make the player bothered and want to either wait or use money to continue, but there is still the first option to wait for it to fill, they don't block me forever.

with these quests there is literally a huge luck involved, you either get the characters with the 6% chance or you just can't complete them, there is no other option.

not really bothered by this, but it might be a sight of things to come.

It does suck, but on the other hand I noticed that these quest rewards for using those characters are way smaller than the rewards for things that you can do with any character (like the "clear X level" ones). It's still offputting, but I don't think it's awful - yet.

yeah, at least the quests aren't doing anything huge to the game for now, so it isn't anything I feel bad for, just a little worried this trend can continue with bigger rewards

DrArchon

First roll with the new banner. 4 repeats. I'm pretty sure I have 4 versions of Eliwood now, so I wish they'd stop giving him to me. I didn't even like him in FE7.

Also, I'm really going to need to upgrade my 4 star Robin. He just gets annihilated in the Arena even by units of similar levels. Too bad that's not going to happen for months at this rate.

Quonny

not really bothered by this, but it might be a sight of things to come.
I dunno. I've played a lot of gacha games (I'm an expert on Japanese culture meme incoming) and I don't think I've ever seen a game lock exclusive quests/rewards behind gacha pulls of any kind.

They might make getting that item easier/quicker, but never locked behind.

wiibomb

I dunno. I've played a lot of gacha games (I'm an expert on Japanese culture meme incoming) and I don't think I've ever seen a game lock exclusive quests/rewards behind gacha pulls of any kind.

They might make getting that item easier/quicker, but never locked behind.

that is good to know, I'm no expert in gacha games, but so far FEH seems to be following the others trend, like FFBE. Hopefully it is just a non-issue

Rodin

Literally just sent 50+ units home to get enough feathers to promote Robin to 5 stars.

Thinking of working on Kagero next.

Is it worth to bump her to 5 stars? I was going to do Tiki first, but i already have Lucina for a red character in my team.

First roll with the new banner. 4 repeats. I'm pretty sure I have 4 versions of Eliwood now, so I wish they'd stop giving him to me. I didn't even like him in FE7.
Still better than 5 Raigh.

Took 3x rolls with the new banner last night, only remotely useful thing was another 3* Robin that I can eventually merge with the current one I'm working on for a +1. Other than that, damn it. My rolls sucked -.-

Weebos

Banned
Is it worth to bump her to 5 stars? I was going to do Tiki first, but i already have Lucina for a red character in my team.

Mine is still 4 stars, but she seems very good so far. She ruins Infantry with her skill, feels like a discount Takumi.

I'll have to get her higher level so I can try in the arena to know for sure, but she seems strong.

Mupod

how much has everyone upgraded their castle?

I'll be pretty happy with my team once Camilla is upgraded in a week or two, and this banner seems underhwelming. I've already got the first two upgrades but I was waiting until I had a stable team to go higher. Over the long run it'd save a ton of stamina but it gets pricey.

Weebos

Banned

I'll be pretty happy with my team once Camilla is upgraded in a week or two, and this banner seems underhwelming. I've already got the first two upgrades but I was waiting until I had a stable team to go higher. Over the long run it'd save a ton of stamina but it gets pricey.

I've fully upgraded it, I did so after I pulled Lucina and Camilla.

I also have obtained every possible orb in the game so far, except Lunatic 9-5.
And spent $53 on orbs.

Fully. Was the first thing i did after my first pull of 5. Double exp is something you can use on all characters forever.

Dragner

I did 100% upgrade but I did a bunch of paid rolls so I had a lot of units to train. Funny enough my best pulls were with free orbs.

BigPete

Took 3x rolls with the new banner last night, only remotely useful thing was another 3* Robin that I can eventually merge with the current one I'm working on for a +1. Other than that, damn it. My rolls sucked -.-

Is it better to merge them, or to just cash them in for feathers? It's only a +1 and a few SP... it seems like the feathers are more valuable to me.

I sure get that 803-3001 error. I wonder if it is because I'm playing out of region? Thankfully I am rooted so I don't have to redownload anything, but still annoying.

WadeitOut

Trying to pull a Julia and I picked a blue with my last orbs for the heck of it. Got a second Ephraim. Should I merge him or just hold on to it? Not sure merging would be worth it but seems like a waste to just release him

Jims

Up to 11 straight summons without even getting another 4*. How many times in a row is it possible to miss even a 35% chance?

Wanderer5

So I notice with Ephraim that he has both a B and C skill that involves -def. Would they stack or not?

B skill: After combat, foe suffers Def (-3 to -7 max via upgrades) though its next action.

C skill: Inflicts Def (-3 to -5 max via upgrades) on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions at the start of each turn.

I am going to guess that probably the one that you combat with won't be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom