• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Why is doubling the only method for dealing with tanks? His kit is designed to beat the shit out of a tank's defense and survive while giving your units the ability to absolutely dismantle them. It's absolutely viable and very good. People have this notion that DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE is the only way of doing shit in this game lmao.

Also, Shareena competes for the Blue type slot but they fulfill different roles. I have no idea why you're comparing when their roles are different even if they both are blue. They do not even compete for the same niche.

Alright, alright calm down i'm not here to pick a fight. Traditionally, doubling has been the primary of method of dealing with tanks since that's how you kill them in one round. Ideally, a tank buster should be able to kill a tank by themselves and not have to rely on a teammate to do it for them. But maybe I am looking at it the wrong way; Ephraim has an amazing proc skill, good defenses and high attack; he's like an armor knight with average mobility.

I wish I got my hands on him...

Roman

I was impressed by Ephraims skill set until I saw his speed. Honestly I don't think any of the new banner units are going to shake up the metagame in the near future.

Trying to improve my rank, and it looks like I can get to 4200 offense. My previous score of around 4000 has me ranked at 22700, so I'm excited to see what 200 extra points will do.

I saw tons of Lucinas, so that's making me speed up Linde's training. She's at 29, and I won't continue the streak till she's at least mid 30s. I'm doing fine, but I wish I had better colorless units. Takumi or Kagero would be really useful.

Jakob just doesn't cut it at this stage. I'm using Lissa, because she is literally my only healer who is above 3*. Banner units are basically mandatory for points, so the Red lords aren't going away anytime soon. It's why I use my own Marth.

ggx2ac

Trying to improve my rank, and it looks like I can get to 4200 offense. My previous score of around 4000 has me ranked at 22700, so I'm excited to see what 200 extra points will do.

I saw tons of Lucinas, so that's making me speed up Linde's training. She's at 29, and I won't continue the streak till she's at least mid 30s. I'm doing fine, but I wish I had better colorless units. Takumi or Kagero would be really useful.

Jakob just doesn't cut it at this stage. I'm using Lissa, because she is literally my only healer who is above 3*. Banner units are basically mandatory for points, so the Red lords aren't going away anytime soon. It's why I use my own Marth.

If you can get at least 4400 points it could ensure you stay in the top 5000 ranks.

I am just below 4500 points and that was on my first streak. Decided that was it for arena, I check my rank and I am still below 1000 in rank so I'm not dropping that much further any time soon.

What I can expect from future arena seasons, especially for people that play for free. I expect that Alfonse and Sharena will be permanent 'bonus' heroes for Arena. Otherwise, the people who play for free wouldn't have a chance of getting into the rankings.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright, alright calm down i'm not here to pick a fight. Traditionally, doubling has been the primary of method of dealing with tanks since that's how you kill them in one round. Ideally, a tank buster should be able to kill a tank by themselves and not have to rely on a teammate to do it for them. But maybe I am looking at it the wrong way; Ephraim has an amazing proc skill, good defenses and high attack; he's like an armor knight with average mobility.

I wish I got my hands on him...

Sorry. Didn't meant to come off super aggressive. Not my intention so apologies. That being said, I think a unit that can seal Def has a bit more use than a unit that can straight up destroyed armored units. Overall, I think this makes him more viable than going into like super niche territory. You are right in the analysis above though.

Shinypogs

If that happens, just build your team around him :D. It's not like you have to max your arena score every attempt. It's fun.
Lol I'll never be a top arena person. As long as I can make him fit a team that holds it's own during the story I can have a story team and an arena team.

I just really like my current group and would prefer to be able to slot soren in than hope my mish mash of viable units can make a working team with whatever he brings to the table.

Then again a week ago i was all high on my brave Lance donnel plus Olivia combo so what I think are fun teams changes as I get new units to play with.

Shun

If you can get at least 4400 points it could ensure you stay in the top 5000 ranks.

I am just below 4500 points and that was on my first streak. Decided that was it for arena, I check my rank and I am still below 1000 in rank so I'm not dropping that much further any time soon.

What I can expect from future arena seasons, especially for people that play for free. I expect that Alfonse and Sharena will be permanent 'bonus' heroes for Arena. Otherwise, the people who play for free wouldn't have a chance of getting into the rankings.

I'm still surprised that Anna isn't a bonus character. Since she's a free character and is the best 5 star other than Sharon.

To go with the Gacha, they should fill the rest of the bonuses with "free" characters like Nacien and the future Marx, Female Reflet, etc.

What's a good tier list? I saw this one https://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List and lucina has been bumped to SS, don't understand why. Funny thing is that I miss only Azura to have an SS team lol

Gamewith is probably the most accurate one for the time being.

But you should go look at skills and party composition to come to your own conclusion.

How good a character is should be judged at their capabilities at Lv40 and what skills they have between 3-5 stars.

ggx2ac

If I could. I would try getting 5* Wrys, Hinata, Bartre and Jagen.

Just to see how good they are with Fury and Wrys has the AoE Heal to heal all of them and Rehabilitate (which I've been using with Lissa) is insanely good, it's the only staff that can full heal someone (on the condition they are almost dead).

kayos90

Aether is good skill except for the fact that it takes 5 charges. That makes it complete crap in Arena. Also the wiki tier list is not the most accurate.

ggx2ac

I'm still surprised that Anna isn't a bonus character. Since she's a free character and is the best 5 star other than Sharon.

To go with the Gacha, they should fill the rest of the bonuses with "free" characters like Nacien and the future Marx, Female Reflet, etc.

Yeah, it's weird and, it's the only reason I would have made Sharena 5* first and not Anna

If that had happened, they're still 4*.

Achtius

those speciality unit buffs (i.e. adjacent flying units) needs to be all 2 spaces. it's hard to buff each other since no enemy is hardly ever in a line formation

Okamid3n

I got 4518 last round and didn't make the top 1000. I have 4378 right now and I'm barely inside the top 5000. I'm pretty sure 4400 isn't enough for top 5000. :(

I'd love it if Sharena remained a permanent bonus hero, I'm planning to make her my next 5 stars.

Kyoufu

I don't have this yet.

What is the general impressions of the game so far?

It's a shit-tier excuse of a Fire Emblem game. Not worth playing at all.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic. It's a terrible game and very disappointing for something that uses the FE IP. Nintendo can and should be doing way better than this.

MANUELF

Banned
svS68Zd.png
New personal record and with a team of 5*

tSx3k8D.png

Super team brought me over 4100 but I still can't get 7 perfect runs. Had two characters die on me twice in the first three games. Had an earlier streak going and thought surrendering would take me back to menu without breaking the streak. Nope. I dunno what gave me that idea.

Tier lists definitely can't be taken as gospel. For example I see Perri consistently ranked pretty low and I think people are really sleeping on her. She is a lifesaver for some arena matches and later lunatic stages. She has great movement as a calvary unit, good resist for tanking a mage hit, good speed and ridiculous uptime on Glimmer. Towards the end of lunatic she cleaned more than Takumi for me when he began falling off.

I think lists will shift a lot more once people actually play around more with different units. Some just look good on paper like Leo, who was SS on the wiki, before people realized his skills and stats are kinda bad by themselves. He may shoot back up if paired with a dancer.

Also, I gotta ask one more time peeps. Camilla or F Corrin for promotion? I'm close to flipping a coin here.

kayos90

Tier lists definitely can't be taken as gospel. For example I see Perri consistently ranked pretty low and I think people are really sleeping on her. She is a lifesaver for some arena matches and later lunatic stages. She has great movement as a calvary unit, good resist for tanking a mage hit, good speed and ridiculous uptime on Glimmer. Towards the end of lunatic she cleaned more than Takumi for me when he began falling off.

I think lists will shift a lot more once people actually play around more with different units. Some just look good on paper like Leo, who was SS on the wiki, before people realized his skills and stats are kinda bad by themselves. He may shoot back up if paired with a dancer.

Also, I gotta ask one more time peeps. Camilla or F Corrin for promotion? I'm close to flipping a coin here.

Do you have a good blue unit or green unit?

Shun

Both! Pulled Julia today and have Azura. #5*problems.

Basically the only holes I have left to fill are green physical and blue magic damage.

Run the dragon, Camilla isn't worth running at the moment. She's too much of a liability.

If not, Anna or Sharon are good investments.

Cerium

either way calling a game explicitly designed to be a stripped down FE experience better than the most mechanically sound FE game is asinine.
Forcing myself to finish Conquest was one of the most painful gaming experiences in my life. I can handle wasting hours fighting the true arch nemesis, the RNG, but when my thanks for all that trouble is that torturous excuse of a narrative then it's a little like getting nails pounded into your dick after finishing a triathlon. Congratulations, you win! Now unzip your pants while I get the hammer.

Heroes is plain and simple fun. I will take that over Fates any day.

Moonlight

Banned
Forcing myself to finish Conquest was one of the most painful gaming experiences in my life. I can handle wasting hours fighting the true arch nemesis, the RNG, but when my thanks for all that trouble is that torturous excuse of a narrative then it's a little like getting nails pounded into your dick after finishing a triathlon.
cool

it's still a fuller, better designed game than heroes. i mean i guess there's nothing wrong with valuing the more stripped down take on the mechanics of the series but at that point you'd probably wind up considering heroes superior to every other FE game

Cerium

cool

it's still a fuller, better designed game than heroes. i mean i guess there's nothing wrong with valuing the more stripped down take on the mechanics of the series but at that point you'd probably wind up considering heroes superior to every other FE game

Nah I had more fun with FE7, 9, and 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom