• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

I admit, I'm not the biggest Fire Emblem fan. I've always liked Advance Wars a lot more. And a big part of why is that it's much less random. I actually find the metagame of working out how to consistently succeed in Arena more satisfying than the actual strategizing in mainline FE games, though the sheer variety of what you encounter in the mainline games makes them overall better packages.

Moonlight

Banned
Nah I had more fun with FE7, 9, and 13.
point
head

i'm not going to get into this conversation much more because i can see it getting extremely stupid already but calling fire emblem heroes a good distillation of the formula of the series into an accessible format is fine. i agree. i really don't see the point or frankly, even the logic, in also taking the opportunity to declare how it's better than this other title in the series you apparently despise for reasons that have nothing to do with their qualities as a game other than to provoke exactly this sort of response.

Cerium

point
head

i'm not going to get into this conversation much more because i can see it getting extremely stupid already but calling fire emblem heroes a good distillation of the formula of the series into an accessible format is fine. i agree. i really don't see the point or frankly, even the logic, in also taking the opportunity to declare how it's better than this other title in the series you apparently despise for reasons that have nothing to do with their qualities as a game other than to provoke exactly this sort of response.

I don't like Fates. I like Heroes. One provides a much more enjoyable experience, in my opinion, than the other. I don't know why this seems to bother you so much.

Cerium

because when someone asks 'what the general impressions' are you can do a lot better than shitting on another game when the comparison never came up

I think you need some fresh air 'cause it ain't that serious (and Fates ain't worth this kind of energy).

PK Gaming

Woah, woah, woah what

Heroes isn't remotely comparable to Fates in quality.

I mean maybe if you get lucky, but barring that, it's a pretty basic experience. Arena is fun, but in it current state it gets boring pretty quickly, especially if you don't have strong units

Nah I had more fun with FE7, 9, and 13.

You can't call out Fates and be okay with FE13's gameplay

Okamid3n

Conquest has way better gameplay than Heroes and both might as well have no story, but the Conquest supports are pretty fun.
Opinions, though.

I will admit the Arena is really fun in Heroes, but the focus being solely on stats total ruins all the strategy for me.

I give it two months before my playtime with Heroes exceeds my playtime with all other fire emblem games.

Squarehard

Come on all, can't we all just get along?
tumblr_mthku25Zo91s8aoamo1_500.gif

casiopao

People enjoy barebones mobile games more then their superior dedicated gaming system versions. Darkest timeline confirmed.

........It is indeed kinda difficult lol. I like gacha game for the trill it bought me when i got the 5 Star/SSR card lol.

If i am just given all the card available, i don't think i will even care for the game.^^

It is that moment when u got what u wanted with the low chance is the best moment for me lol.^^

Sölf

Done with all Lunatic maps. I killed everything except the healer on 9-5 and then died, so I used a Blessing since I won't use them for anything else anyway. Srsly, 46 Res on that dude, Nino, Elise and Tiki all dealt 0 damage to him. Est was the only one that could deal any kind of damage.

With that, I now have 18 orbs and can do another pull tomorrow. I can prepare for disappointment over the night.

Cerium

Sölf;230399185 said:
Done with all Lunatic maps. I killed everything except the healer on 9-5 and then died, so I used a Blessing since I won't use them for anything else anyway. Srsly, 46 Res on that dude, Nino, Elise and Tiki all dealt 0 damage to him. Est was the only one that could deal any kind of damage.

With that, I now have 18 orbs and can do another pull tomorrow. I can prepare for disappointment over the night.

How did you deal with the armored fucks in 9-2? My guys simply do not do enough damage.

Zebetite

Banned
the fire emblem literati strike again, this time espousing the inherent virtues of the crossover-fanfiction-summon-gun and its complete and utter supremacy over the damn dirty anime apes

Azuran

Banned
It's a shit-tier excuse of a Fire Emblem game. Not worth playing at all.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic. It's a terrible game and very disappointing for something that uses the FE IP. Nintendo can and should be doing way better than this.

Gaiden and Shadow Dragon were a thing. It's not like Fire Emblem is that sacred.

Cerium

the fire emblem literati strike again, this time espousing the inherent virtues of the crossover-fanfiction-summon-gun and its complete and utter supremacy over the damn dirty anime apes

FE Games I Like: 7, 9, 13
FE Games I Hate: 10, 11, 14
Never Played: 8, 12

What faction does this place me in?

ggx2ac

So it was yesterday I got a 5* Cain but a 4* Abel.

I've tried Abel out, I can see why he's good against sword users because he is slow but can get follow-up attacks with sword breaker.

But I already have a lot of blue units so it's a little more convenient having a 5* Cain.

Cain has a Brave sword with escutcheon so it's constantly proccing the special. Wings of Mercy and Threaten Atk look very handy. Although I have a few 5* units that reduce attack now so it won't stack.

Kouriozan

Not like this...
I wish I had Nino and FCorrin, in 200 orbs since launch I didn't get worthwhile 3 stars.
Reading strats on Reddit is like "use this character or that one, they're not rare" (they're on Nino mode right now) and I'm like "welp"

Edit : actually I would like a 4* focus with like 20% chances to get featured ones.

Need some advice on who to upgrade next. I have a 5* Tiki (loli), Robin, Lucina, and Camille. My choices for the next character upgrade are 4* Kagero, Catria, Abel, or Serra. What would YOU do?

kswiston

Need some advice on who to upgrade next. I have a 5* Tiki (loli), Robin, Lucina, and Camille. My choices for the next character upgrade are 4* Kagero, Catria, Abel, or Serra. What would YOU do?

Replace Camilla with Kagero. Camilla is useful against blue units, but her weakness to many of the most common units in the arena outweigh that I think. Kagero is strong against all infantry (almost all of the lords, mages, dragons, etc)

OVDRobo

Need some advice on who to upgrade next. I have a 5* Tiki (loli), Robin, Lucina, and Camille. My choices for the next character upgrade are 4* Kagero, Catria, or Serra. What would YOU do?

Probably Kagero or Serra to use in place of Camilla in certain circumstances. Kagero has some potential as an infantry sniper. Anything that gets in her range on foot is dead in 1 turn, though Kagero usually follows them immediately after unless your positioning was really good. Only downside is that she limits your maximum score in the arena, based on what I've read due to her limited stat growths.

Serra's a decent healer. Not the best as far as I know, but it pays to have a good healer.

Sapientas

Having doubts now whether to upgrade to 5* Robin or Nino. I don't have Nino on my team so upgrading him would put me at 2 Red Swords, Robin and Nino.

kswiston

How are people getting their units to level 40 so quickly? Mine are levelling super slowly around the level 25 mark

A) Upgrade your castle instead of pulling every orb you get

B) Fight as high up as you can in the training tower. I was typically fighting 2-4 levels above my characters. High enough to get a lot of EXP per kill without having half my team die every battle.

Okamid3n

Replaced Camilla with Nino and proceeded to do the easiest perfect 7/7 arena run ever. Nino is legit.

That gave me 4514, will make the top 5000 but not the top 1000. Needs something like Hector to boost up my stat totals or something.

Kenai

After doing the new Paralogue things i had just enough for a full banner pull. Got a 5* Eraphraim and a 4* FCorrin so I'm pretty happy, but I'm not quite sure how to best utilize them.

Erphraim seems like an angry dude (Threaten Defense + Seal Defense + NewMoon on the same character lol). but I hear his speed is pretty low so i am worried about him getting wrecked by a double attacking Lord he is supposed to be good against. FCorrin would synergy well with Fae and him but I am not sure about having 2 dragons on the team with so many Falicion users running around. Plus that would mean nothing but melee characters since all of my good Red units are also melee.

Gonna mess around and see what i like best. If i got a solid ranged attadcker I'd be in way better shape, but nothing yet.

PK Gaming

Gaiden's great! and shadow dragon just has bad art. I definitely enjoy heroes and those two over fates lol

Not trying to call you out since you seem like a good guy, but the bolded really lends credence to the idea that most Fire Emblem fans honeymoon the shit out of older games. Gaiden in its original state is unquestionably the worst game in the series. It's charming, but riddled with bad design decisions, and maps that are somehow worse than FE1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom