• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
Just tried out one of the simulators for summoning- in ten minutes worth of summoning and spending a theoretical £800+, I didn't get any of the three or four characters I was interested in. These kind of odds make me not even interested in spending the smallest amount of money as it's just incredibly unlikely to get me something of use. I think the way forward with these games (for me) is to just accept that I need to make the best teams I can out of what RNGesus blesses me with, as actively hunting for something seems pointless.

The #1 advice when it comes to these games is to always pull for banners and never chase rare as fuck units. You're not going to win against the house 95% of the time.

You favorite unit is stuck with 3 other scrub tiers sharing the same color? Don't pull
Is a great unit stuck in a banner 3 three good units, that while not broken as hell, will remain useful for years to come? Go right ahead.

Unless you're a whale that doesn't mind dropping $1000 a week, your main goal is to always minimize your losses. That ensures you're not gonna be in a bad spot if you didn't get what you were looking for in a pull.

This is exactly what I'm looking for in new units - skills that no one else has because, as you say, as the meta shifts different skills become more valuable.

I think the main issue is that people are coming into this game with the wrong mindset, especially brand new players to gacha. In main series Fire Emblem, speed has always been one of the best attributes so units tend to get judge on that first and foremost. As a result, once you know the enemy stats (can they double character A?), map layouts (Is character B useless in a game where defend missions are common), and promotion/story structure (How early can I promote Character C compared to D), people can easily theorize who the best characters are,

However, Fire Emblem is an static game. Once you know who the best is, that's it. For example, Odin will never be considered "good" in Conquest no matter how much people believe the opposite. Everything in those games have been analyzed to hell and back these days, so it's easy to declare people top tier and the like.

Gacha on the other hand, changes... a lot. I can assure everyone here that FEH will not be the same game we're playing right now, 6 months from now. For all we know, the meta could eventually revolve around 4 tanks, which will make speed, the barometer that has been used for ages in this series, absolutely useless if units aren't able to make a dent. As a result, units like Ephraim will gradually rise in value because they provide the tools that allows those units to do their job. Support has always been invaluable in gacha because is a function that's difficult to replace.

Also, most people on Reddit and other communities don't have any idea what they're talking about, especially after new units get added, so don't listen to them. Real in-depth analyses from knowledgeable people usually doesn't happen in less than two hours.

sackninja

So just pulled a five star merrick (sp). My first five star that isnt red. ( Got Marth on my first pull and Lyn shortly after). Is Merrick any good? He seems amazing so far but I have only tried him in the first ranks of training tower.

Vena

I just had the worst pull over where I got 5 3* characters and they're not even good ones. Losing motivation to play at the moment.

Happens to us all. Though I have had it happen to me thrice. 😥

But I am a scrub f2player. 😯

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Just realized MCorrin is another red sword user. That's why no one talks about him >_>.... I wanted a dragon xD. Anyways... yeh on the account I've spent the most time on, I had absolutely no luck with the current banner thus far. Sigh. I just went and did all the paralogues, so with that account I have lunatic (45), hard 9-5 (1) and 5 orbs from one of the quests left (beat lvl 35 units). I'm guessing I'll get 0 of the banner units though, but I will eventually give it a shot! Eirika is my preference though (Drawback, buffs, decent enough swordy, plus I like her in Sacred Stones).

Cerium

I just had the worst pull over where I got 5 3* characters and they're not even good ones. Losing motivation to play at the moment.
I did two full pulls last night hoping for Julia because I really need a good green, and I came up empty. I console myself by looking on the bright side; I can always upgrade Anna to 5* where she can compete with the best of them, or I can wait for the FemRobin event which should be coming this week or next.

Acerac

Banned
Pulled a +Spd -Def Ephraim. Not the greatest 5 star base out there, but at least that's the nature I'd probably want to have.

Spent $12 more after going through a 130 orbs and not getting Eirika. I can rest easy now, and attempt to convert back into f2p until Tellius's Lucia makes an appearance.

r8Cj94N.jpg

Dee Dee

I'm glad you got what you wanted!

Here I am waiting for Choose Your Legends...

Same here. I hope to get Lyn and Hector from the special banner. Still sad I missed out on Lyn after pulling from the first banner 5 times (not counting my 6 re-rolls of the first pull).

Shinypogs

I want Soren so bad but I'm afraid he's going to come out subpar or not mesh with my current team like Merric does.

I also want to see what kind of monstrous challenge they will come up for the inevitable black knight map.

I'm still in reroll mode since launch.
These 4 new added units make it incredibly annoying to pull the top SS tier guys.

I must've pulled all 4 of them over 20 times now since earlier today. -_-

I haven't really checked, but is there a way to remove an event banner bonus rate from pulls?

Ndayday

Neo Member
Just found out I had my 5-star Abel equipped with the regular Brave Lance instead of Brave Lance+ this entire time. He's level 40 and I've been using him since I've got him, which would have been my second roll.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OceanBlue

I want Soren so bad but I'm afraid he's going to come out subpar or not mesh with my current team like Merric does.

I also want to see what kind of monstrous challenge they will come up for the inevitable black knight map.
If that happens, just build your team around him :D. It's not like you have to max your arena score every attempt. It's fun.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I keep forgetting to check my guys traits level 1, and I don't think anything exist to check it at arbitrary levels.

So just pulled a five star merrick (sp). My first five star that isnt red. ( Got Marth on my first pull and Lyn shortly after). Is Merrick any good? He seems amazing so far but I have only tried him in the first ranks of training tower.

My thoughts on Merric:

+ Surprisingly bulky for a mage. In fact, about as bulky as an archer while having the ability to hit fliers hard too
+ Hits armored units harder than an archer ever would
+ GG if that special goes off
+- Spot on the weapon triangle means he can take down some things easier than an archer would, but some things can be worse too. Can be a little disheartening when a red flier decides to swoop in...
+- -6 Atk compared to Jeorge/Takumi means he'll generally do the same damage as them vs. most units as most units might lack Res but aren't -that- lacking
- Cannot win the Green Mage vs. Green Mage matchup as he's got the Res of an archer, outright screwed against Red Mages.

Triangle dis/advantage is whatever, but I feel that one negative of his might be too big. While having anti-armor capabilities is pretty good, the bad movement of armored opponents makes mages the much more relevant threat and Merric simply cannot take on mages. Takumi doesn't like them either, but he can at least deal a respectable amount of damage to them.

Theosmeo

Given the meta, should I be upgrading Corrin or M Robin with my 20k feathers? I dont have any strong blue units.

Depends who else is on your team, do you have a way to deal with falcion users? Do you have a way to deal with Takumi? Do you need big damage or a reliable range option. Is it corrinf or corrinm(ignore corrinm)

Wichu

Are there any hidden gems in the 3/4 star characters, or any of the daily rotations?

As far as rotation characters go, Olivia is really good if you upgrade her to 3-4* (to learn Dance). I've heard Wrys is a great healer, but haven't tried him.

Man, it's been something like weeks since I've seen a 5 star. Since like day two of the game. I'm in desperate need of red and blue units so I've had to spend a little inefficiently since the game seems to know i need them and like to give me pulls without those colors. Exhausted every map in the fucking game including the paralogue now and have only even pulled three total. Think I'm just about done because my team just can't compete and I'm looking at an insane grind or paying real money before I can get even a chance to try and pull a decent character again.

spiritfox

I don't see how Ephraim can be a good tank buster when most of the tanky threats right now are green or blue. Maybe when a red tank becomes more popular, or when Zephiel comes out.

kswiston

Depends who else is on your team, do you have a way to deal with falcion users? Do you have a way to deal with Takumi? Do you need big damage or a reliable range option. Is it corrinf or corrinm(ignore corrinm)

My other 3 members would be Chrom, Kagero, and Takumi. I also have Marth and Seliph who could stand in for Chrom when leveled.

Edit: F Corrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom