• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

You can get 6,000 a month from the arena missions.

If you rank within the top 1000-5000 each week, you can earn at least 4,600 feathers a week, 18,400 feathers a month.

You will get a total of 24,400 feathers a month if you rank that high and can do a 5 star a month at that pace.

Even at top 10,000 you should still have enough to do it.

You can also reduce and delete characters you don't need for feathers. There are tons of ways to get them in game.
Shouldn't you have almost max level characters to do well like that? mine's are in low 30th. It sounds like the rich gets richer scheme to me.

Shun

Shouldn't you have almost max level characters to do well like that? mine's are in low 30th. It sounds like the rich gets richer scheme to me.

No because at Lv40 Arena is much easier because you don't have high level differentials at Lunatic. Leveling to 40 isn't that much of an investment if you know who your party is and are efficient with training tower.

"Threats" like Takumi are exposed and are relatively easy to take down. Just take advantage of the AI, stage, and have a versatile party.

The way the game calculates the points for who to battle is your base stat total - your average level. And then from there you get to choose who to fight.

The richest players and whales are all fighting for the top 100 spot, everything after that is fair game.

It's really not that difficult to rank top 10,000 if you put effort into leveling your party to Lv40 and attempting a 7 win chain on lunatic in arena.

Dragner

You cant expect to rank high if you dont work it. Level to 40 and play your arena runs well teying to not die. You will get a good rank like that.

I agree that giving more feathers to the people that need them the less is bad tho. But this is the system we have right now, I hope Nintendo will do changes to it.

MildSoss

So i've been running a 2 Takumi, 5 star Robin and a 4 star Olivia team. Thinking of switching it up a little. Now that I finally got 20K feathers i want to upgrade another unit to a 5 star.

So far my choices are Camilla, Fae or Chrom. Who do you guys think would be the better fit?

Dragner

So i've been running a 2 Takumi, 5 star Robin and a 4 star Olivia team. Thinking of switching it up a little. Now that I finally got 20K feathers i want to upgrade another unit to a 5 star.

So far my choices are Camilla, Fae or Chrom. Who do you guys think would be the better fit?

Your team is fairly defensive so Camilla has no room on it. Between Fae and Chrom just choose the one you like more. Both make your team tankier and are durable. Fae is soft to falchions but has better stats so will help you to get more points. Chrom gives you a falchion since your team can have problems vs hector and Nowi and Chrom covers both.

Vena

This is Freddie at Level 40 (+Spd/-HP), seems his calculator numbers are off. He's -3 HP/+4 Speed.

QmWV5Jb.jpg

He's a rather terrifying physical wall with that Def bulk that puts him at 1 point under Hector (37) and tied with Sheena (36) (he will take zero damage from lances, and axes/gray units will deal very little physical), but his Resistance makes him terribly frail to mages. Conversely, he seems fairly capable of ORKOing the top tier mage threats and can get in range without being vulnerable thanks to his long movement option as a Cavalry unit.

He stomps Kagero, Linde, Nowi, and Hector. His problems are mages (seemingly even green and blue mages will ORKO him) and glass-cannon Red lords, but even with triangle advantage the latter aren't guaranteed to ORKO him unless they are Roy with Adept.

Also maps with trees.

Also Wings of Mercy is stupid good only further enabling him to have utterly stupid movement options that now include teleporting across the map, and his non-type limited Tier 3 buff on defense is very good. Luna is Luna, lets him kill Reds if for some reason he has to do such a thing.

Dragner

So I just rolled 5* Seliph, idk much about him but should I replace my Roy with him or is Roy better?

It depends on the nature. Seliph is a rare unit. He is a tank with a huge HP pool that gets better the less HP you have like Lyn while Roy is just a well rounded red sword with bulky stats and basically no skillset.

Vena

So I just rolled 5* Seliph, idk much about him but should I replace my Roy with him or is Roy better?

Seliph is a strong and defensively (higher HP too) bulkier, slower Roy. But that speed deficit is a problem much as with Ephraim (Seliph and Ephraim actually seem to have very similar stats).

Roy's Binding Blade/Sword of Seals is better than Seliph's dumb conditional weapon, though. This game is offensively nuclear and with his slow ass speed, Seliph's not going to be alive to make use of his weapon's special bonus as he's going to get doubled by everything and its dog.

Roy also opens up movement options with Shove. But Roy is hampered off-color by Triangle Adept. Brash Assault (Seliph will be dead) and Seal Defense (preferably your opponent is ORKOed) are equally useless.

13randO

BLESSED, just got Eirika out of a draw (and a 4* Cecilia, though I'm not sure about her viability). Thank goodness, the strongest sword fighter before this was a 4* Olivia. It's nice to have a little more variety in the red category.

How do people get so many feathers to upgrade to 5 star? I don't get how I'm supposed to get 20,000. I can only see 2 challenges with 1000 each..

5 feather "rewards" is almost an insult.

I've cleared 2 feather events, which opened up 2 more, plus your weekly feather chain wins you should get 10k feathers in Feb at the very least.

Then you add the 10k tweet bonus and you should be at 20k

Shouta

I pulled an Effie at 5-star this morning after getting another set of Orbs from the missions. I wanted Seliph or Julia but oh well, she's better than not getting a 5-star. Back to saving for another banner. Still got lunatic and half of hard to go through for the orbs.

jtan

It depends on the nature. Seliph is a rare unit. He is a tank with a huge HP pool that gets better the less HP you have like Lyn while Roy is just a well rounded red sword with bulky stats and basically no skillset.

Seliph is a strong and defensively (higher HP too) bulkier, slower Roy. But that speed deficit is a problem much as with Ephraim (Seliph and Ephraim actually seem to have very similar stats).

Roy's Binding Blade/Sword of Seals is better than Seliph's dumb conditional weapon, though. This game is offensively nuclear and with his slow ass speed, Seliph's not going to be alive to make use of his weapon's special bonus as he's going to get doubled by everything and its dog.

Roy also opens up movement options with Shove. But Roy is hampered off-color by Triangle Adept. Brash Assault (Seliph will be dead) and Seal Defense (preferably your opponent is ORKOed) are equally useless.

Ahh I see. Yeah, it was just because that Triangle Adept was killing my Roy, but I checked and my Seliph is HP+/Def- so along with with him being slow his defense is low :/ which I don't think that hp+ can make up for (though Idk maybe im wrong haha)

I have 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Kagero, Takumi, Hinoka, Marth, Hector, Eirika, Epharim

These are my 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Camilla, Olivia, Merric, Draug, Effie, Donnel, Tika

🌟🌟🌟 Nino CorrinF Robin Sully Saizo Gordin

Which four stars should I raise? Which 3 stars?

My main squad right now is takumi, Kagero, hinoka and Tika (mainly because I got them first). What would be a good 2nd team? Or mix and match my main team?

Dragner

I have 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Kagero, Takumi, Hinoka, Marth, Hector, Eirika, Epharim

These are my 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Camilla, Olivia, Merric, Draug, Effie, Donnel, Tika

🌟🌟🌟 Nino CorrinF Robin Sully Saizo Gordin

Which four stars should I raise? Which 3 stars?

My main squad right now is takumi, Kagero, hinoka and Tika (mainly because I got them first). What would be a good 2nd team? Or mix and match my main team?

It depends on your goal. If you want to have a good arena rating then upgrade the unit with more stats that is effie.

A team of Hector Effie Takumi and Marth covers all the triangle fliers and dragons and will give you a lot of feathers.

It depends on your goal. If you want to have a good arena rating then upgrade the unit with more stats that is effie.

A team of Hector Effie Takumi and Marth covers all the triangle fliers and dragons and will give you a lot of feathers.

So Marth kills the greens, hector kills the blues, Effie kills the reds and is the meat shield and takumi kills everything else?

ChrisD

Completed February's Lunatic quests and Arena's Hard. TEN Dueling Crests up for grabs simply for 20 Advanced victories?! I'm gonna' be rolling in them!

Balphon

I pulled an Effie at 5-star this morning after getting another set of Orbs from the missions. I wanted Seliph or Julia but oh well, she's better than not getting a 5-star. Back to saving for another banner. Still got lunatic and half of hard to go through for the orbs.

Effie with her fantastically high attack and good survivability has been the anchor of my team for awhile now.

Basically the same as it was in Conquest.

Dragner

So Marth kills the greens, hector kills the blues, Effie kills the reds and is the meat shield and takumi kills everything else?

Marth kills greens and dragons
Hector kills takumis, nonred mages, blues in general, he can kill all takumis counters.
Effie just guards the front from all the lucinas and red lord while your takumi snipes from the back.

Is a very slow and defensive team but it plays out well and has few weakness.

Marth kills greens and dragons
Hector kills takumis, nonred mages, blues in general, he can kill all takumis counters.
Effie just guards the front from all the lucinas and red lord while your takumi snipes from the back.

Is a very slow and defensive team but it plays out well and has few weakness.

Thank you!

Looks like they updated the Tier list

Lucina got the bump from S to SS, Marth got bump from A to S, Effie got a bump from A to S, Eirika and Ephraim start at S, Kagero bumped from A to S

Delilah and Julia join at A

Razmos

Fully upgrade your castle, use stamina potions, a dancer and healer are useful support units.

A) Upgrade your castle instead of pulling every orb you get

B) Fight as high up as you can in the training tower. I was typically fighting 2-4 levels above my characters. High enough to get a lot of EXP per kill without having half my team die every battle.
Perfect, thank you guys :)

This is Freddie at Level 40 (+Spd/-HP), seems his calculator numbers are off. He's -3 HP/+4 Speed.

He's a rather terrifying physical wall with that Def bulk that puts him at 1 point under Hector (37) and tied with Sheena (36) (he will take zero damage from lances, and axes/gray units will deal very little physical), but his Resistance makes him terribly frail to mages. Conversely, he seems fairly capable of ORKOing the top tier mage threats and can get in range without being vulnerable thanks to his long movement option as a Cavalry unit.

He stomps Kagero, Linde, Nowi, and Hector. His problems are mages (seemingly even green and blue mages will ORKO him) and glass-cannon Red lords, but even with triangle advantage the latter aren't guaranteed to ORKO him unless they are Roy with Adept.

Also maps with trees.

Also Wings of Mercy is stupid good only further enabling him to have utterly stupid movement options that now include teleporting across the map, and his non-type limited Tier 3 buff on defense is very good. Luna is Luna, lets him kill Reds if for some reason he has to do such a thing.
I can't wait to bump my Frederick up to 5* in a few days.

Sölf

Sölf;230399185 said:
Done with all Lunatic maps. I killed everything except the healer on 9-5 and then died, so I used a Blessing since I won't use them for anything else anyway. Srsly, 46 Res on that dude, Nino, Elise and Tiki all dealt 0 damage to him. Est was the only one that could deal any kind of damage.

With that, I now have 18 orbs and can do another pull tomorrow. I can prepare for disappointment over the night.
Well, so much for disappointment! :D

p1DKBc9l.jpg

How did you deal with the armored fucks in 9-2? My guys simply do not do enough damage.

My team was Young Tiki, Elise (both 5*), Est and Nino (both 4*). Young Tiki eats those guys and can survive a hit. Nino can also dish out quite a bit of damage and Elise can heal. Actually, Young Tiki killing one and then Nino dragging her out of range was something I did. And well, kiting them. Also, I think I baited and killed the healer first with Nino as bait.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
That tier list is brutal and changes a lot doesn't it!

Why was Donnel ever an A? How is lucina gone from A to S to SS??

Feels like I can't trust it as much.

champloo

just checked IV on my main units.. looks like I'm running an army of -atk heroes.. Camilla,Lyn,Cordelia,Raven,Hector.. all with -atk nature. FML

chrono01

Does anyone know whether the Choose Your Heroes banner will be limited or not?

I kind of want to try a few pulls on the current banner (for Julia), but I want all four on the CYH banner (Ike, Lyn, Roy, Lucina), and if they're indeed limited and only available during that time...

Bah, I guess I'll keep saving. 140 orbs and counting!

Dragner

That tier list is brutal and changes a lot doesn't it!

Why was Donnel ever an A? How is lucina gone from A to S to SS??

Feels like I can't trust it as much.

Its basically the state of Arena Meta. Lucina is the best red sword on a meta dominated by them so they gave her an SS to reflect that, is not like she is dramatically better than Marth is just better positioned statwise since she sacrifices def for atk and arena right now is all about killing before giving them a chance of killin you.

I currently have a team of Lucina, Hector, Lilina and Gwendolyn. Is that a viable team for the arena? Hector, Gwendolyn and Lucina are -res, so they die if mages look at them funny. Lilina has -hp so she can't take a mage hit either, unless it's a green mage.

Dragner

The lack of any standout healers is a bit disappointing.

Healers are completely useless in arena because their stats are pure garbage and arena cares about stats. Sadly unless they change how arena score is rewarded using a healer is asking for less feathers.

Razmos

Healers are completely useless in arena because their stats are pure garbage and arena cares about stats. Sadly unless they change how arena score is rewarded using a healer is asking for less feathers.
I mean they aren't completely useless, my Maria keeps Hector from dying when he's soaking up hits and one-shotting everyone with counters, but she's a tad boring and not seeing any staff users higher than A Rank in the tiers is a bit disappointin

I might try replacing her in my Arena team and see how it goes

Dragner

I mean they aren't completely useless, my Maria keeps Hector from dying when he's soaking up hits and one-shotting everyone with counters, but she's a tad boring and not seeing any staff users higher than A Rank in the tiers is a bit disappointin

I might try replacing her in my Arena team and see how it goes

Sure if you need help to stay alive they are useful. But when you are going for flawless runs/placement they just wont cut it. Also they are extremely frail so a bad turn can ruin you a run since they are squishy.

Shahadan

Regardless of actual utility, this game's Azama is adorable.

tumblr_oktleskP4O1ue0859o1_400.jpg

Look at his smug little face.

He's so useful for leveling units with his defense and skill to deal 10 damage to anyone regardless of their def. Also he heals himself and his target based on his current hp, quite useful since he doesn't take too much damage and will rarely get killed in one turn.
I'm debating whether to upgrade him to 5 or not tbh

OVDRobo

Regardless of actual utility, this game's Azama is adorable.

Look at his smug little face.

Adorable until he's on the other side of a wall of enemies chipping your characters health down just enough for the them to be 1-shot or healing enemies back up so you can't quite bag the kill.

I have a love/hate relationship with most of the healers in this game but Azama's smug face puts him slightly more towards hate on the scale.

Dragner

Oh...

My Eirika is Attack down/Speed Up.

Already mentioned my Nino is Defense down/Speed Up.

Are going for the Nino+Eirika = the dream?.

That eirika nature is a bit bad but could be worst +SPD is the best + but STR is the worst - to go with it.

And that Nino is beast

Gotchaye

"The rich get richer" is a pretty reasonable way for a progression-based game to work. When you're starting out, getting another 5* is a huge deal. After you already have a bunch, it's much less big of a deal. You probably want to increase the rate at which players get more stuff as they get more stuff so that they always feel like they're making reasonable progress, and also so that they have some extrinsic reason for wanting to progress at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom