• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Screw exvius:
SFRpHC8.jpg

ggx2ac

And I just spent 2000 feathers to upgrade my Palla from 3* to 4*. She seems to be Def Up/Res Down but it took a long time to eventually get her from a roll.

I want to set up a better flying team now because I have at least one of each weapon type. Palla - Sword, Minerva - Axe, Catria - Lance.

I could throw in either 5* Camilla or 5* Cordelia. I do have Est to complete the Whitewings but, she's 4* and unless they secretly put the Triangle Attack into the game then I won't use her.

Are going for the Nino+Eirika = the dream?.

That eirika nature is a bit bad but could be worst +SPD is the best + but STR is the worst - to go with it.

And that Nino is beast

Maybe...

I have to figure out what to set it up with. Especially that Eirika's attack is low without any specials.

Dragner

I have to figure out what to set it up with. Especially that Eirika's attack is low without any specials.

You dont need much. And eirika has high enough speed to double a lot to compensate the lack of str and even without that she is a great battery. Imagine that 56 atk 43 speed Nino rampaging around.

Firemind

Maybe...

I think I'd still rather have Sharena. Your Nino has enough speed as it is. And Sharena can actually damage those red units. Plus Olivia is also red.

Dragner

At some point people will realize Takumi is not that great in Arena. People plays a lot of counters to him. Ofc him being OP is the reason why people play this counters. But still.

Gotchaye

At some point people will realize Takumi is not that great in Arena. People plays a lot of counters to him. Ofc him being OP is the reason why people play this counters. But still.

I think he's easily replaceable on an offensive team but he's still an extremely strong pick on defense. On offense you'd probably rather have any of several mages. Takumi's role is to provide some ranged firepower, and he's only okay at that. He deals with flyers, but good color coverage can handle them fine.

But he's a huge pain on defense. Ranged heroes are in general very good on defense because it's much harder to take them out before they get hits in and it's much harder to avoid having one of your heroes take attacks from several enemies at the same time. He counter-attacks at melee range so it's very hard to kill him without taking return damage. And since he's colorless he's hard to tank unless you've got one of a pretty small number of very high Def or anti-colorless heroes. If he takes damage and doesn't die he's got a very short cooldown special that can do very large amounts of damage to anything.

Sure, if you've got Robin or Hector you can take him out pretty easily almost every time, but he's generally going to be a lot harder to deal with than yet another red swordsman or just about any green melee.

kswiston

I got my second 5star Hawkeye yesterday... I dont see myself using him in arena at any point. Should I sell the dupe for the 1k feathers, instead of a 2 stat point merge?

Cerium

Sölf;230412183 said:
My team was Young Tiki, Elise (both 5*), Est and Nino (both 4*). Young Tiki eats those guys and can survive a hit. Nino can also dish out quite a bit of damage and Elise can heal. Actually, Young Tiki killing one and then Nino dragging her out of range was something I did. And well, kiting them. Also, I think I baited and killed the healer first with Nino as bait.
I have Tiki but I think she needs three hits to take out even the green one.

Nino seems to be the key. I have nothing like that.

As I thought I'll need to add a mage. Just don't have the group composition right now.

Okamid3n

Welp, did another full pull, got nothing. Haven't gotten anything in a hundred gems. I'm not complaining since I already have a good team, it's just...I have nothing to do in this game anymore, nothing at all. Arena score is solidly in the 1000~5000 score and will easily stay there, I can't do any better because of stats total and I have no units left to level up.

Soooo, ya. Guess I'll just login daily until they add some more stuff in two weeks.

Re: 9-2, Olivia + strong mages is really the way to go. Attack them, dance, run out of arm's way. If you can get them below 50%, they're toasted on the next attack since your mage will double.

Emphasis on strong mage, though. My lv40 four stars robin did nothing to them. I did way more damage with an underleveled Nino boosted up with buffs.

Mr. Virus

I don't really plan team strategies for arena (because no time) but my 5* Abel deals with Takumi really easily. Draw out, run in, kill. Plus his Spec skill helps if Takumi gets in range.

MANUELF

Banned
Got my first max level unit in Robin, he deserves it, he makes Quick Work of Takumi and any red or colorless unit plus Camilla makes Quick Work of Linde and Abel ORKO any red sword and Roy is an excellent Héctor counters, he does nothing to him ;_;

ggx2ac

Oh, I'm so silly. I could have checked a character's stats/IV on unlock potential ahead of time.

I thought I needed to wait until I had 20k feathers but I can already check as long as they've reached level 20.

You dont need much. And eirika has high enough speed to double a lot to compensate the lack of str and even without that she is a great battery. Imagine that 56 atk 43 speed Nino rampaging around.

I've set something up. Although I think I need another 20k feathers for another 5* to change.

Oh... My Lilina has Attack down, probably Speed up. I guess that's okay because there's Eirika, Nino and Female Corrin with Hone attack.

My Niles has speed down, defense up. That's one of the worst combinations seeing as I wanted him to be a mage killer. I have to wait for another.

My Olivia has HP up, attack down. Again I'd end up with Hone attack everywhere.

I have a Sully but can't find its IVs yet. Why her over Abel is that she has Fortify Defense aside from Sword Breaker.

I also have Nowi which can use Rally Defense and can counter ranged attacks, again can't figure out its IVs.

Lame, my Robin is speed up/defense down.

Finally, my Kagero is attack down/defense up. Oh not again.

I don't have other rare units like Linde or Hector so I'm just going to have to think about this while I try the new team for arena.

I think I'd still rather have Sharena. Your Nino has enough speed as it is. And Sharena can actually damage those red units. Plus Olivia is also red.

I haven't decided on using Olivia. I get that Sharena would be able to do rally attack and Fortify Defense.

What I wanna see first is how useful Drag Back is with Eirika. I know other units have it like Gwendolyn but she is an Armoured unit with slow movement.

Okamid3n

Just a warning, but I think hone attack doesn't stack (start of turn boost), while spur attack does (positioning boost). There is probably some diminishing returns to having everyone with hone attack.

ggx2ac

Just a warning, but I think hone attack doesn't stack (start of turn boost), while spur attack does (positioning boost). There is probably some diminishing returns to having everyone with hone attack.

Yes, I know. It's just Nino, Tharja and Odin need buffs like Hone attack to add damage to their weapons.

I can't do much when so many characters I wanna use have Hone attack, and other characters I would have chosen instead have spur resistance rather than Fortify resistance.

duck_sauce

I have to decide between Tharja and Linde (bothe 5 stars) as my main caster. Besides the colour, which caster is considered better?

I have to decide between Tharja and Linde (bothe 5 stars) as my main caster. Besides the colour, which caster is considered better?

Linde. She has a monstrous combination of speed and damage that lets her eat through almost any other character, plus since her speed is so high it protects her from double attacks as well.

Mupod

My Robin is -res +spd. Good?

I thought I was shit out of luck for the free orb from clearing one of the paralogues with a red caster, but I keep forgetting Raigh exists.

PtM

Banned
I just realised that all 5* are now 3%. Why have "focus" characters at all if you're not going to put them into the normal 5* selection?

Okamid3n

I just realised that all 5* are now 3%. Why have "focus" characters at all if you're not going to put them into the normal 5* selection?

It's 3% chance to pick a five star from (group of dozens of five stars) + 3% chance of picking a focus five star from (group of only 4 characters).

Thus, the odds of drawing Ephraim right now are much higher than the odds of drawing Takumi.
3% divided by 4 = 0.75% chance of drawing Ephraim.
3% divided by every non-focus five stars = odds of drawing Takumi.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Definitely need a blue mage on my team, preferably Robin. I'm running all melee right now, and a defending Takumi usually means I lose at least one guy, if I win at all, and maps that have very narrow corridors really limits my options.

Having Nowi as my only blue also means running into any Falchion user turns the match into a crapshoot, because lol Lucina mirror matches.

I'm almost through all of my story quest orbs. Soon the drought on pulls will begin :(

gaiages

Banned
I'm really liking my team of Tiki (young), Takumi, Hector, and Raven (all 5*), but I'm thinking that's kind of a terrible defensive arena team, with all the red swords and Falchions out there lol (and the AI leaving Hector behind). Guess I have something to do in thinking up a fun defensive team. Too bad I have mostly 4* units though, and no feathers :p

Dragner

Seriously considering spending money. Someone stop me.

Ive spent money and look

iUwjZPNl.png

kWon7QCl.png

This could be you!!!!

Now seriously. If you enjoy the game and want to thank the developer then go ahead. Dont use money thinking you will get tons of 5*s because the game owes you nothing. Remember that.

zelhawks37

Been getting garbage pulls the last few tries and Im running out of orbs to get. Just got to stay patient.... Already have Lucina and Robin as 5 stars atm.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Some tips for some of you looking to spend money on this game. And this is just general rule of thumb for spending money while playing a gacha game. The cornerstone of this post will hinge on setting Boundaries and Expectations. If these are not set then you are fucked in more ways than one. When spending money on gacha games some good expectations for you to set are "pay until you get a 5*" or "pay until you get the character you want" or "pay for the lulz". If you pay money on anything there's an expectation associated with it. I know this is very obvious but sometimes it needs to be spelled out. If you pay 200 dollars and your goal was to get Hector and you didn't get Hector you are going to be very very very salty. So when working you have to set goals either really low or you better make damn sure you have enough money in the bank account to get something.

Let's use examples. I want to roll Lucina. She's currently not a focus character. I am going to roll for her using money. I spent 300 dollars and I have gotten a total of 27 5* and including many SS tier like Hector and Takumi but nothing in sight. I guarantee you despite you having dope rolls you will still be salty. Why? Cuz you spent an obscene amount of money but didn't roll what you wanted. To alleviate this you should've set your expectations lower or go out and get a job that will allow for this disposable income. They don't call people a lucksack or a whaler for nothing.

Here's another example. I want to roll until I get a 5* I spent 20 dollars but it was a crappy 5*. Now you're unhappy. Not because you didn't get a 5* but because it was crappy.

Rule of thumb. This game will give people a huge wakeup call on attitudes and expectations. Remember people. Don't ruin your life financially, emotionally, or mentally playing this game. A lot of what I wrote is common sense or something like "DUH! Of course I already know this" but for some people they needed to be reminded via other people.

That's all.

PtM

Banned
It's 3% chance to pick a five star from (group of dozens of five stars) + 3% chance of picking a focus five star from (group of only 4 characters).

Thus, the odds of drawing Ephraim right now are much higher than the odds of drawing Takumi.
3% divided by 4 = 0.75% chance of drawing Ephraim.
3% divided by every non-focus five stars = odds of drawing Takumi.

You're still a lot more likely to get a particular focus character than a particular non-focus 5*.
Ah, so the percentages apply to the group and the chances inside are uniform? Okay.
Seriously considering spending money. Someone stop me.
The pull will be even stronger once you've invested money.

zelhawks37

Some tips for some of you looking to spend money on this game. And this is just general rule of thumb for spending money while playing a gacha game. The cornerstone of this post will hinge on setting Boundaries and Expectations. If these are not set then you are fucked in more ways than one. When spending money on gacha games some good expectations for you to set are "pay until you get a 5*" or "pay until you get the character you want" or "pay for the lulz". If you pay money on anything there's an expectation associated with it. I know this is very obvious but sometimes it needs to be spelled out. If you pay 200 dollars and your goal was to get Hector and you didn't get Hector you are going to be very very very salty. So when working you have to set goals either really low or you better make damn sure you have enough money in the bank account to get something.

Let's use examples. I want to roll Lucina. She's currently not a focus character. I am going to roll for her using money. I spent 300 dollars and I have gotten a total of 27 5* and including many SS tier like Hector and Takumi but nothing in sight. I guarantee you despite you having dope rolls you will still be salty. Why? Cuz you spent an obscene amount of money but didn't roll what you wanted. To alleviate this you should've set your expectations lower or go out and get a job that will allow for this disposable income. They don't call people a lucksack or a whaler for nothing.

Here's another example. I want to roll until I get a 5* I spent 20 dollars but it was a crappy 5*. Now you're unhappy. Not because you didn't get a 5* but because it was crappy.

Rule of thumb. This game will give people a huge wakeup call on attitudes and expectations. Remember people. Don't ruin your life financially, emotionally, or mentally playing this game. A lot of what I wrote is common sense or something like "DUH! Of course I already know this" but for some people they needed to be reminded via other people.

That's all.

Good post. Tbis is the mentality I set for myself before diving into this. Spent 55 dollars so far and although I havent gotten everything that I wanted, Im more than content with what I have gotten up to this point.

DrArchon

Getting awful luck with my summons. Not just the actual characters I get, but the options to summon from. I keep seeing 2 or 3 red choices and only 1 green or blue per go, and I really don't need red units right now.

Got a 4 star Fae though. My first dragon. Is she any good? I need a green unit desperately and her skills seem alright, especially healing 10 hp every two turns.

StAidan

After 120 orbs spent total, my first 5-star is Ephraim. Guess he could be useful.

$0 spent so far, the temptation is there but I know the chances of getting the characters I really want is incredibly low.

Spent 40 orbs on the new banner ... 5* Lyn. Which I'd ordinarily be happy about, but I already have Lucina, Marth, and Roy. Is she situationally useful, at least?

I know that I need feathers to awaken Robin and FemCorrin to 5, and I'm close to getting Camilla, Lucina, and Takumi to 40. And Clarine too.

It just feels - and I like this! - that so many characters are situationally useful. I need to level Olivia too, I guess.

ggx2ac

I've been testing out the team in arena. I only fought Takumi once but it was so satisfying that I one-shot him with Nino.

Annoyingly, I haven't gotten any good use out of Eirika because there were rarely any green enemies to fight except one Camilla, that was it. Since her attack is down, she has trouble fighting other red weapon units. I couldn't beat Lucina because her attack is ridiculously high and her speed was fast enough to not get double attacked. So I had to rely on my blue units for that.

I still need Eirika anyway because she's buffing Nino with +10 damage and extra speed. That extra speed is making a difference with regards to fast units.

The only thing left at the moment is still needing another unit to fill the gap in my team. I switched around a few of my 5* units and it looks like I'd have to still use Marth considering Eirika is a weaker red unit. I don't know if she'd be able to handle Hector.

Again, that's why either I use Marth or, I use a support unit like a dancer (Olivia) or healer. I mentioned Rehabilitate is really good for healing an ally to full health but I don't have a 4* Wrys for it. My alternative is using my 4* Level 40+1 Sakura but she only has Physic not Rehabilitate.

Technically... Sakura would be really good for buffing Nino. I already have speed and attack covered but not Defense and Resistance and Sakura could do both and boost Nino's damage by another +8. Downside is her heal becomes weaker and who knows, it could be overkill doing that. Her rating isn't bad, she has 149 which is pretty good for a 4* unit.

It's just a thought but I feel my team really needs a support unit because it feels like I always have one unit left around doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom