• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addi

Had 26 orbs, decided to to a 5-pull, I got a bit pissed that I didn't get anything worthwhile (other than a 4* Gunter to make my l38 Gunter +2). Used 5 more orbs and got Ephraim :) He seems really strong in attack, I have levelled him up to level 25 now and his attack is already 45.

BigPete

Getting awful luck with my summons. Not just the actual characters I get, but the options to summon from. I keep seeing 2 or 3 red choices and only 1 green or blue per go, and I really don't need red units right now.

Got a 4 star Fae though. My first dragon. Is she any good? I need a green unit desperately and her skills seem alright, especially healing 10 hp every two turns.

I've had 1 Green total on my last 3 20orb pulls.

Mupod

Spent 40 orbs on the new banner ... 5* Lyn. Which I'd ordinarily be happy about, but I already have Lucina, Marth, and Roy. Is she situationally useful, at least?

I know that I need feathers to awaken Robin and FemCorrin to 5, and I'm close to getting Camilla, Lucina, and Takumi to 40. And Clarine too.

It just feels - and I like this! - that so many characters are situationally useful. I need to level Olivia too, I guess.

I feel like my Lyn got a lot more dangerous once I started bringing Olivia. You can trigger her attack bonuses and set off Galeforce a lot easier. A half hp (+7 ATK) Lyn with 3 moves/attacks in one turn is about as stupid as it sounds.

Magic damage/anti armor were my critical flaws and Robin's mostly made up for that. I almost want to bring a second mage or a hammer user instead of Camilla because Lyn shreds anything with low defense. But my green options are very lacking (literally just 4* camilla and a lot of 3* goobers).

DrArchon

I've had 1 Green total on my last 3 20orb pulls.

It's gotten to the point where if I only see one green or blue, I'll pull it and just quit out and try again. I don't even care if I only get 4 pulls out of 20 orbs. I have two 5 star red units and two 5 star colorless ones, so I don't see the point in pulling more of them.

kswiston

4k score gets you to rank 80k lol

next week 4k won't even get you any feathers

rip feathers

you need to wait for an update. Right now 3850 is around the 50k mark in ranking. 4k should at least be the top 30k.

IntSys really needs to expand the arena categories though. If you can get 7 advanced wins in a row, you should be getting something in the ranking. Having less than 10% of the active userbase qualify for even the lowest ranking rewards is dumb. Most other gatchas I have played seem to put the cutoff around 50% of the userbase. You are not getting great stuff at those bottom rungs, but at least you get something for your effort. Right now, if you are good enough to break 3k, but not good enough to push into the 4k+ range, there's barely a point to pushing hard on arena. Take your 1600 offense feathers, hope for a defense win, and call it a day.

PMS341

Trying to figure out which 4* I should be grooming for promotion. My current roster:

tIlrrLO.jpg

My heart tells me Fae or Male Robin (to replace Cecilia/FemCorrin ultimately), but I'm not quite certain. I have a 3* (adult) Tiki that I'm considering working on as well.

Fireblend

Banned
Trying to figure out which 4* I should be grooming for promotion. My current roster:

http://i.imgur.com/tIlrrLO.jpg[/IM]

My heart tells me Fae or Male Robin (to replace Cecilia/FemCorrin ultimately), but I'm not quite certain. I have a 3* (adult) Tiki that I'm considering working on as well.[/QUOTE]
My vote would be on Robin. Great unit.

Mupod

the rankings seem like they were designed around a game with way less people playing it. Hell I haven't even managed 7 wins in advanced yet, hopefully my new OP Robin can get me there.

Cerium

tIlrrLO.jpg

My heart tells me Fae or Male Robin (to replace Cecilia/FemCorrin ultimately), but I'm not quite certain. I have a 3* (adult) Tiki that I'm considering working on as well.

I would actually upgrade FemCorrin personally.

Firemind

I have three Olivias. Which one would you pick to promote to 4*?

-HP +Spd
-Res +Atk
-Atk +Def

I'm thinking -Atk +Def because you don't want your dancer to attack most of the time anyway and I think even at *4 she has enough speed to not get doubled by Takumi. The extra def obviously helps too. She gets doubled by Lyn, Lucina, Ryoma, Nino, Eirika though. I'm maybe I should take +Spd.

Dragner

I have three Olivias. Which one would you pick to promote to 4*?

-HP +Spd
-Res +Atk
-Atk +Def

I'm thinking -Atk +Def because you don't want your dancer to attack most of the time anyway and I think even at *4 she has enough speed to not get doubled by Takumi. The extra def obviously helps too. She gets doubled by Lyn, Lucina, Ryoma, Nino, Eirika though. I'm maybe I should take +Spd.

-HP +SPD imo. Avoiding getting doubled will let you live with more HP than having 3 more and 3 more defense and being doubled.

redcrayon

It's gotten to the point where if I only see one green or blue, I'll pull it and just quit out and try again. I don't even care if I only get 4 pulls out of 20 orbs. I have two 5 star red units and two 5 star colorless ones, so I don't see the point in pulling more of them.
I do that too. My 5* Lucina is a beast and I don't really need another red, whereas I'm currently dependent on Camilla for green and Cordelia for blue. Which I'm ok with but they have obvious weaknesses, so I'm hunting for better options. I'm liking how Oboro is shaping up as blue infantry though, about to promote her to 4*.

Man. I'm never going to get a good pull again. My team is 5* Robin, 4* Camilla, 4*Catria and 4* Cain. I got Robin on my initial roll, and Camilla the second time, and have gotten nothing since then. I'd love Azura and Lucina to switch out with Catria and Cain.

...okay, so after that I pulled again. No 5*, but I did get a 4* Marth. So now my team is

M Robin 5*
Camilla 4*
Catria 4*
Marth 4*

Any feedback? Should I promote Camilla or Marth? I know Marth is the better answer for promotion, but I'd like to replace him with Lucy if I ever get the chance. Either way, is that a pretty good composition currently, you think?

Dragner

...okay, so after that I pulled again. No 5*, but I did get a 4* Marth. So now my team is

M Robin 5*
Camilla 4*
Catria 4*
Marth 4*

Any feedback? Should I promote Camilla or Marth? Is that a pretty good composition, you think?

Marth is pretty good. I use him and is one of the best red swords. Second after Lucina IMO. Just check his IV before spending 20k feathers if its a +SPD or+ATK(speed the better one) then go for it dont upgrade a -SPD one. Catria is also very good but you already have a strong blue so no rush. I dont like Camilla much, low stats and weak to the arena meta with a lot of takumis and red swords around.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'm still 80k. It was my first 7 win streak too so I dunno.

Hm. Makes sense. Probably a lot of whales have +spd natures too.

I have a score of 3849 (7 advanced arena wins) and just got ranked 49,957 FYI. (Boo that dropped a bit in the last hour... there goes that 50K rank >_>)

I remember reading in an interview that they brought on some manga artist as a story consultant and he told them, and I'm not even exaggerating, he told them to dumb it down so that kids can understand it.

I sincerely hope they do better on Switch. I cannot take another Fates.

edit: This man. Shin Kibayashi. I blame him for everything.

Shin Kibayashi wrote the stories himself after they approached him. Don't blame IntSys. I liked GetBackers though, so I'm not sure how he wrote such a terrible story. Apparently the story was that Shin's daughter really got into Awakening and told her dad that the game was great, but the story was a bit lacking. She then said something like "I think you could write a better story". Meanwhile, the Fire Emblem guys were a big fan of Shin's work and approached him through a mutual contact. Originally, Shin was going to decline, but because of his daughter he ended up taking on the project (amongst 5 other things he was working on), and apparently crunched out the 2-3 stories over Winter Break after playing through Awakening or something.

Quixzlizx

This is really annoying. Eirika would be perfect for my team, and I've pulled two Ephraims. I want that Eirika + Nino tag-team bad, lol. Not to mention that my Takumi is +spd, meaning 40 speed with Hone Spd.

Also, I had been pulling only red orbs both times, and both times said "fuck it" after going on TILT and grabbing blue orbs since I don't have many blue units.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Do the passive "adjacent unit" buffs stack? For example, if one unit has +4 attack on adjacent units and another unit has "+6 atk/spd on adjacent fliers", and then I put a flying unit between these two units, then does the unit being buffed by both get +10 atk?

Pejo

Finally got my Arena streak and quests done....only to find more quests, lol. I'm not going to complain about more feathers though, that's for sure. I'll have 20k either at season refresh OR if I spam Arena with the free refills they give you and do the 20/40 wins quests.

I don't even give a crap about placement and rank, I'm still trying to build a solid team, so I'll just take the 3000 points and hopefully defense feathers.

Also, holy shit Wrys feels like the best healer in the game. Why'd it have to be him though...

Did another 5 pull after finishing paralogues, and got literally nothing exciting. Ah well. Can't win them all.

Addi

Finally got my Arena streak and quests done....only to find more quests, lol. I'm not going to complain about more feathers though, that's for sure. I'll have 20k either at season refresh OR if I spam Arena with the free refills they give you and do the 20/40 wins quests.

There more quests after that too (lunatic - 40/80 win quests, more swords too), so 6000 feathers total with all quests. I'm only missing the 80 win, but I'm not sure I will make that one in time.
Anyway, I "sold" a bunch 3* when I was at 18 000 to get the 20 000 feathers.

kswiston

I have 22k feathers currently.

I think that I have decided to upgrade M Robin to 5*. I really like the idea of getting my F Corrin to 5*, but feel like Robin will help me get more feathers in the arena until the meta-game changes drastically. Too many people are running Lucina/Marth/Chrom, and my Corrin is +spd/-res, so I don't know how effective she would be at killing M Robin (my biggest current weakness).

Dreavus

Like I got all the orbs in-game and I wait for my favorite characters (Ike and all his tellius friends) to come

All I can do now is to train Olivia but that's not really fun tbh

Almost exactly where I'm at. I'm also training Olivia lol.

I don't mind putting the game on a bit of a back burner now. I played the crap out of this thing for the first few weeks.

Pejo

I hope they go back and have banners for units existing in the pool. I REALLY want an Azura in the worst way. I feel like my team would be as close to perfect as I could get with her. I was really sleeping on how awesome dancers are.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ok I guess I need a break haha

Ya not being a smartass but you have to add a few games into the rotation when playing these types of game, especially at launch. Takes a while for content to get added :)

Takumi is on the decline this week. I am seeing way more M Robins, dancers, and blue lance units.

I removed him for a red sword and it's worked out well.

How do you know which team is being used for Defense? Isn't it your first team but there are no numbers attached to the team names so how would I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom