• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

If we believe that your team stat totals is strongly tied to the enemy team stat totals (and hence the max arena score per battle), it is possible that through leveling your team or changing your team composition, you're less likely to see Takumis. Or it could be simply due to rng.

I'm still seeing plenty of Takumis and I'm leveling another unit to potentially help me with my Takumi/Robin/Hector problems.

you need to wait for an update. Right now 3850 is around the 50k mark in ranking. 4k should at least be the top 30k..

Can confirm. Got my 4* Robin to lvl 40 and went on a nice winning streak in the arena last night and ended up with a score of 4240; good enough for 14,943 place.

kswiston

How do you know which team is being used for Defense? Isn't it your first team but there are no numbers attached to the team names so how would I know?

It's the first team. IntSys should label it though.

I wonder if we will start seeing a decrease in defense wins when people run out of their absurd number of free arena swords.

I would imagine that those of you going for 4300+ scores just give up if you lose a single unit to unlucky placement/map and enemy character combos early in a run of 7.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How do you know which team is being used for Defense? Isn't it your first team but there are no numbers attached to the team names so how would I know?
There are dots below the four portraits in your "edit teams" menu which indicates team numbers. I think the first dot is your defensive team.

Soulez

Neo Member
Looking for a little bit of advice.

I've been playing mostly with Lucina, RobinM, Cecilia, and Laslow as my main team. Over the last two full 20 orb pulls, I've added a few quality units and wondering what's the best way to upgrade my main team. Obviously I'm looking to replace Cecilia and Laslow.

I now have the following to play with, but at the same time not wanting to be too heavily red. Any recommendations?

Lyn - 5 Star - Red
Camillia - 5 Star - Green

Tiki - 3 Star - Red
Olivia - 2 Star - Red
CorrinF - 4 Star - Blue
Gordin - 4 Star - Neutral
Lilina - 4 Star - Red
Saizo - 3 Star - Neutral

Can anyone tell me if it's better to +1 my 4* Robin or to wait and spend 40k feathers (to upgrade 2x 4*) to get a 5* +1 for arena? I'd imagine the latter is a better, albeit longer, choice due to the increased stats for high score runs.

My current arena team is:

5* Abel
5* Kagero
5* Tiki
4* Robin

Baliis

If anyone's curious, I had a 4003 last season, but fell out of the top 30k by the end of it. Might be fewer people this time though now that people have burned through their crests a bit.

Addi

Can anyone tell me if it's better to +1 my 4* Robin or to wait and spend 40k feathers (to upgrade 2x 4*) to get a 5* +1 for arena? I'd imagine the latter is a better, albeit longer, choice due to the increased stats for high score runs.

My current arena team is:

5* Abel
5* Kagero
5* Tiki
4* Robin

Maybe you could make a team with two robins, there so many reds and Takumis out there.

Gotchaye

If we believe that your team stat totals is strongly tied to the enemy team stat totals (and hence the max arena score per battle), it is possible that through leveling your team or changing your team composition, you're less likely to see Takumis. Or it could be simply due to rng.

I'm still seeing plenty of Takumis and I'm leveling another unit to potentially help me with my Takumi/Robin/Hector problems.

This makes sense. Weirdly it may be really easy to get flawless Arena streaks with a team consisting of the heaviest characters just because the only way you could run into a mage or anything else ranged is if someone has +10'd one.

Once my Anna hits 40 (39 now) I may try replacing Takumi and seeing if the +10 rating moves me out of range of some of the more annoying mages.

Shinypogs

Merric is pretty strong and is countering my team in arena. I need to make some adjustments to balance my team

Merric is super fun in arena, he murders Robin and Takumi who are staples as well as the fliers people keep putting out to deal with sword users. He'll never be a broken unit but he's a nice soft counter to much of the current meta. Sorry you are struggling against him but when the meta shifts you'll likely see him less.

Dragner

Im playing Hector + Nowi + Linde + Marth and Im mostly watching teams with 2 armors or 2 dragons or whale teams.

Not a lot of mages.

volgihn

I need help gaf. I've got 3 units that I'm thinking about upgrading to 5*. The units are Effie, Olivia or Nowi. My current team consists of 5* Roy, Takumi, Tharja 4* Abel

Okamid3n

This makes sense. Weirdly it may be really easy to get flawless Arena streaks with a team consisting of the heaviest characters just because the only way you could run into a mage or anything else ranged is if someone has +10'd one.

Once my Anna hits 40 (39 now) I may try replacing Takumi and seeing if the +10 rating moves me out of range of some of the more annoying mages.

Yep, this is absolutely true. Once I got higher stats total, the Takumis and Robins dropped off the map by a ton. I only have about 170 stats total average in my team, so if you go even higher, you'll likely never see a level 40 Takumi again unless it has +levels.

Once I switched my Lv40 four stars Robin for a level 40 five star Lyn (thus giving me an unbalanced team of three red swords unit), the arena became MUCH easier. Screw team balance, just go for high stats total.

Mupod

I actually bothered looking at my IVs and while I'm happy for my perfect Robin I guess I can't win em all. Apparently my 4* Camilla is -spd +res and my 5* Lyn is -atk +res. I was planning to promote Camilla but now I'm not so sure. Maybe better to wait for femRobin? Or does -spd not mean much for Camilla due to the brave axe? She's also my anti-mage unit anyways.

Robin's also 40 now. Turns out it's easy to level a unit that obliterates just about anything in its path and is really hard to kill.

Quixzlizx

I actually bothered looking at my IVs and while I'm happy for my perfect Robin I guess I can't win em all. Apparently my 4* Camilla is -spd +res and my 5* Lyn is -atk +res. I was planning to promote Camilla but now I'm not so sure. Maybe better to wait for femRobin? Or does -spd not mean much for Camilla due to the brave axe? She's also my anti-mage unit anyways.

Robin's also 40 now. Turns out it's easy to level a unit that obliterates just about anything in its path and is really hard to kill.

Conversely, it's torture to level Olivia past level 20.

Okamid3n

Can anyone give me pointers for beating 9-2 in Lunatic? Here's my current army:

I would use Olivia, Lilina, Robin and Nowi/Corrin, probably. Boost Lilina, attack, dance, if the enemy is below 50% hp, finish the job (you can now double attack). Otherwise, move out of the way. Really abuse the low movement of the enemy armor knights. Olivia's level is a non-issue.

The hardest one will probably be the blue armor knight.

Dragner

I need help gaf. I've got 3 units that I'm thinking about upgrading to 5*. The units are Effie, Olivia or Nowi. My current team consists of 5* Roy, Takumi, Tharja 4* Abel

Well you have a lot of great blues so I guess it depends on personal preference. Effie, Nowi and Abel are excellent units. You can also upgrade sharena, she is a pretty good spear with great buffs debuffs and stats.

I wouldnt upgrade Olivia, she wins almost nothing on 5* so unless you are sure she is going to be on your team forever a few stats are not worth 20k feathers.

Busaiku

KpGW2UM.png
End me.

Still better than this shit I pulled the other day. Granted....:I got my second Robin out of it but still. I saved/spent 60 orbs and he was the only remotely interesting thing I got as a booty prize :/.

Then whaled last night w 39.99 tier [due to Super Bowl winnings] and continued my epic streak of RNG failure. 80 orbs without any 5*s and counting!!!

Upgraded Robin to 5*! Now I have 3 5* characters, Camilla, Roy and Robin. Don't have much else beyond that, though I do like my 4* Jeorge.

Ps Roy has to get a new skill at some point. I am sitting on all skills learned and 550 sp and no special.

Pps Azama and Olivia are the best combo for leveling.

Vena

This is what a Level 40 Tiki-loli with +Att/-Def:

Really good dragon is really good, but the Lucina-heavy meta for Red is really making her a hard to use character effectively as she's terrified of Falchion. That said, she does body Hector.

Alkez

Would anyone who has a 5* lv.40 F Corrin be willing to post a screenshot of what her final stats can look like please? The wiki doesn't seem to have the spread.

OVDRobo

Tried another pull today and BINGO! Finally have a 2nd 5 Star :D

C4ze1esWMAYlBZc.jpg:large

My sympathies.

--

Out of Lyn or Lucina and out of F. Corrin and Robin, which units are the better choices generally, assuming all are at 5 stars?

What's everyone using in their 4th slot as well? Archer? Ninja? Healer? Second R/B/G? Trying to figure out what to use in my main team.

Shun

My sympathies.

--

Out of Lyn or Lucina and out of F. Corrin and Robin, which units are the better choices generally, assuming all are at 5 stars?

What's everyone using in their 4th slot as well? Archer? Ninja? Healer? Second R/B/G? Trying to figure out what to use in my main team.

Lucina is the best red in the game, followed by Ryoma.

Female Kamui has higher base stat totals and would be better in the long run.

Post your party if you need help with party composition.

Does anyone think it's worth it to awaken Est to 5*? Heavy spear seems like a decent upgrade but I'm not sure.

Do it because she's cute, not because she's particularly useful in taking down armor knights. Others do the job much better.

My sympathies.

--

I'd say Robin and Lucina. Robin is a good counter to reds and colorless and has range and provides a great defense buff to adjacent allies, and Lucina is probably the best attacker and can self heal.

I am shooting for an archer for my last spot.

Shinypogs

That one has a terrible spread, -Attack/+Resistance?

This is the average stats for one

41/40/34/34/21 170 total.

If possible I would recommend one with +speed or +attack.

Again I found it online. Mine is only 4* atm but - hp + defense, not the worst nature and worth upgrading to me. I love me some tanky dragons.

Shun

Again I found it online. Mine is only 4* atm but - hp + defense, not the worst nature and worth upgrading to me. I love me some tanky dragons.

No I'm just letting people know that 37 attack is not normal and is really low, even taking into account her resistance debuffs.

40/43 attack and 34/37 speed is a good to aim for.

Whats the best method of leveling for you guys?

Just don't let anyone die. If there's a map that you don't like in your level range, go join a Lv.1 Training Map and surrender. It's only 1 stamina and it resets the maps you have to attempt and win.

Kakaroach

Do it because she's cute, not because she's particularly useful in taking down armor knights. Others do the job much better.
Ah all right I won't 5* her then. I already have Azura as a blue so guess I'll use my feathers on someone in the future. I'm not gonna waste feathers because a character is "cute" haha.

Shun

Ah all right I won't 5* her then. I already have Azura as a blue so guess I'll use my feathers on someone in the future. I'm not gonna waste feathers because a character is "cute" haha.

If you don't know who to 5 star, Sharon and Anna will always be there.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
My sympathies.

--

Lucina and Robin scare me the most out of those four.

Robin is a pretty well balanced ranged character. Good damage, reasonably durable, and directly counters Takumi. I'm working on ranking one up myself.

Lucina is one of the best characters in the game. She hits hard and has very few weaknesses. She hard counters many popular units (Tiki, Fae, Camilla), soft counters other strong ones (Hector, Nowi) and can go toe to toe or better with any red unit. Her Falchion regen means that any passive/defensive plays go in your favor. If you have something to deal with blue users, Lucina presents a huge threat to anyone else on the enemy team.

As for the fourth character, I'm not sure what I want either. Right now I have Olivia in the fourth slot to back up my three really valuable units (Lucina/Camilla/Nowi), though I'm looking to throw a mage or ranged character in there because some maps and certain unit compositions put me in awkward situations. Try to have your fourth guy back up any weaknesses in your existing three, or have that person bolster existing strengths. I'm not so sure about having a healer because most fights/maps aren't very conductive to having a healer, though I tried having Sakura with me before.

Dragner

Cool my Eirika is -SPD +RES, super useful.

please Nintendo give me the chance of rerolling the IV of my units with feathers, 10k the reroll, ill take it, This is my 3rd -SPD 5* that becomes useless.

toneroni

Need some help with party composition with lunatic on higher levels.

5* are Lyn, Roy, Camilla, Takumi and Seliph
4* are RobinM, Nowi, Frederick, buncha randos of every color
3* Olivia, Corrin

For Arena, I've been running with Lyn / Camilla / Tak and Olivia with some success so far
I think eventually Nowi or Seliph can surpass Lyn but haven't leveled them much yet.
Using them to complete quests and stuff right now with Robin and Olivia.

Watcha think?
Also, what are the rewards for ranking in Arena? Can't really see rewards beyond 3001 offense. Want to see if its worth pushing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom