• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

Did another round of summons on a whim, and got 5* Nowi. Still no green 5*s :(

Still feeling pretty lucky overall, with six 5*s from the 140 orbs I've spent so far. Marth, Hinoka, Roy, Elise, Robin, and now Nowi.

Do you guys think Lucina, Hector, Tiki and Robin (M) is a decent team?

I can consistently get to maybe 6 wins in a row (Lucina and Robin are level 40, Hector and Tiki are 38), but I keep running into issues where a single unit can decimate most of my team. A lot of times Hector is useless because of the barrage of red units too.

I also have Eirka and Roy. I got some good pulls it seems, I am just having issues utilizing them.

Firemind

Need some help with party composition with lunatic on higher levels.

5* are Lyn, Roy, Camilla, Takumi and Seliph
4* are RobinM, Nowi, Frederick, buncha randos of every color
3* Olivia, Corrin

For Arena, I've been running with Lyn / Camilla / Tak and Olivia with some success so far
I think eventually Nowi or Seliph can surpass Lyn but haven't leveled them much yet.
Using them to complete quests and stuff right now with Robin and Olivia.

Watcha think?
Also, what are the rewards for ranking in Arena? Can't really see rewards beyond 3001 offense. Want to see if its worth pushing or not.
There are overall tiers which changes every week depending on your score. That's where you can earn a lot of feathers each week.

As for team composition, promote Robin or Nowi and wreck fools.

Pejo

Do you guys think Lucina, Hector, Tiki and Robin (M) is a decent team?

I can consistently get to maybe 6 wins in a row (Lucina and Robin are level 40, Hector and Tiki are 38), but I keep running into issues where a single unit can decimate most of my team. A lot of times Hector is useless because of the barrage of red units too.

I also have Eirka and Roy. I got some good pulls it seems, I am just having issues utilizing them.

Shit team I'm afraid. Time to quit and re-roll.
/s

What single unit is decimating that team? The only thing I can think of is a unit that has auto-double attack and a dancer. Even then you have a spread of colors and unit types, so I can't imagine that really happening.

Shit team I'm afraid. Time to quit and re-roll.
/s

What single unit is decimating that team? The only thing I can think of is a unit that has auto-double attack and a dancer. Even then you have a spread of colors and unit types, so I can't imagine that really happening.

I think he might have a Kagero issue as she hits 3x of his units(Lucina, Robin and Tiki) hard; believe me, I've decimated similar teams like this alone with Kagero/Chiki myself. Still, he should be able to OHKO her with Hector. Hmmm.....

OVDRobo

Lucina is the best red in the game, followed by Ryoma.

Female Kamui has higher base stat totals and would be better in the long run.

I'd say Robin and Lucina. Robin is a good counter to reds and colorless and has range and provides a great defense buff to adjacent allies, and Lucina is probably the best attacker and can self heal.

Lucina and Robin scare me the most out of those four.

Robin is a pretty well balanced ranged character. Good damage, reasonably durable, and directly counters Takumi. I'm working on ranking one up myself.

Lucina is one of the best characters in the game. She hits hard and has very few weaknesses. She hard counters many popular units (Tiki, Fae, Camilla), soft counters other strong ones (Hector, Nowi) and can go toe to toe or better with any red unit. Her Falchion regen means that any passive/defensive plays go in your favor. If you have something to deal with blue users, Lucina presents a huge threat to anyone else on the enemy team.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. At the moment, I'm looking at a final team of:
Lucina/Robin/Raven/?
I was leaning towards Robin since he completely destroys Takumi who is way too common for his own good and provides some much needed range and magic damage. I'd have needed to upgrade F. Corrin to 5* if she was that much better, too, so that's saved me some effort.

Last slot is a toss-up between Kagero, Lissa or Beruka, of which I've only got Beruka at 5* currently. Beruka's not the most effective but she's ridiculously tanky for a Dragon unit and the extra mobility and backup green could be useful in case Raven dies, which he does a little too often with his ridiculous offense and lacking defense.

If I had a Hector I wouldn't have any problems deciding, but I've seen enough evidence suggesting that's a dark road to go down to not actively try.

Welp beat the story with:

C4z7T_TWMAAADUu.jpg

Raven is a 4*, the rest are 5* Julia is a fucking god, I love her to pieces and she honestly did most of the work.

OceanBlue

I think he might have a Kagero issue as she hits 3x of his units(Lucina, Robin and Tiki) hard; believe me, I've decimated similar teams like this alone with Kagero/Chiki myself. Still, he should be able to OHKO her with Hector. Hmmm.....
How often do you see Kagerou on defense, especially with that stat total? I have a lower stat total and I never see Kagerou. Not to say it isn't a consideration of course lol.

Wanderer5

Ephraim: "The royalty of other worlds seem to prefer the sword. I like the lance. lances have the edge over swords."

I want to think that is a jab to the amount of notable red swordsmen.:p

Also damn much of Ephraim's lines having to do with his sibling bond. Eirika even shut him up at one point.

Is Hector really that good? I remember people really were after him early, but every time I faced him I destroyed him. Is it a case of a great character in an ill suited meta, or is he a force on offense?

Cynar

After this weeks arena I should have enough feathers to power up my Tharja. Life's good. Do we have any hints on what the next banner might be?

Dragner

Is Hector really that good? I remember people really were after him early, but every time I faced him I destroyed him. Is it a case of a great character in an ill suited meta, or is he a force on offense?

You cant judge the strength of a unit because you kill him controlled by a dumb AI that only knows to go forward and leaves Hector alone.

Hector is the best unit in the game, and is not even close.

You cant judge the strength of a unit because you kill him controlled by a dumb AI that only knows to go forward and leaves Hector alone.

Hector is the best unit in the game, and is not even close.

Just don't use him on defense. On offense he's amazing.

Fair enough. I don't have him so I can't really judge how well he does on offense. Just thought it was strange how much I look forward to seeing him in arena. Guess any one space move character would terrible on defense in arena.

Xiul

After this weeks arena I should have enough feathers to power up my Tharja. Life's good. Do we have any hints on what the next banner might be?

Yes, the next banner was data mined:
Tiki(Adult), Hawkeye, Fir and Maria.

Also next Grand Battle:
Female Robin.

backlot

Pulled an Eirika!!(+ATT -SPD)
Cant wait to train her ^ . ^
Lucina is better than her right?

Lucina is better at offense but Eirika can passively buff allies speed and attack. I think most people will rate Lucina higher but Eirika has a lot of potential. She's only been out for two days though so who knows where she'll settle.

toneroni

There are overall tiers which changes every week depending on your score. That's where you can earn a lot of feathers each week.

As for team composition, promote Robin or Nowi and wreck fools.

Thanks, so what should I do with Arena now? Not really sure how to move up tiers.
My top is 3000 points and I have more than that. Should I focus on going further up in rank? (currently like 98k) or just use the free battles daily and save my items.

Firemind

Cool thanks. Also does your leader actually provide any benefit I'm missing?
Mindgames.

Thanks, so what should I do with Arena now? Not really sure how to move up tiers.
My top is 3000 points and I have more than that. Should I focus on going further up in rank? (currently like 98k) or just use the free battles daily and save my items.
You want to get your 4* to 5* ASAP so I'd go for it. You also get more feathers and other goodies the more arena games you win. It only lasts till the end of February. Also you need a lvl. 20+ flier to score KOs I believe to unlock the Hard quests.

Gotchaye

Following up on something from earlier:

Replacing Takumi with Anna worked out really, really well. New score of 4560, rank 477. Now my team is Lucina, Anna, Catria, baby Tiki, with an average rating of 173.5. Advanced matches are worth an average of 651 or 652 points and teams virtually never have more than one ranged hero and even one is rare. Almost every team has an armored hero and a dragon. Flyers are somewhat rare and only Minerva and Catria have the stats to show up.

This team's biggest problem is Effie, actually, and she's about as common as Hector (which is common). Anna relies on Spd and doesn't have great Def, so she isn't a great answer. Killing Effie requires being careful with the first part of the fight to try to keep Tiki healthy enough to take a hit or to get either Tiki's or Lucina's special attack up, and it's pretty important that Catria stay healthy too. Effie never broke my streak but I expect that eventually I'm going to find that I can't kill her without losing someone.

Anna herself was very useful. Plenty of teams run multiple blues now and she can sit in front of one and kill it when it charges. She can bait Robin and then go smash his face in. Spur Res also came in handy a couple times for letting another hero tank Tiki. I never actually got to trigger either Vantage or her teleport, though I can certainly see where Vantage would be great for killing something while retreating.

How often do you see Kagerou on defense, especially with that stat total? I have a lower stat total and I never see Kagerou. Not to say it isn't a consideration of course lol.

Saw a few recently on my last streak. I run her on my defense team as lead unit. Have a good number of defensive wins lol.

emag

Can I ask for party/unlocking potential advice, too?

I've mostly been surviving Lunatic and Arena off the strength of my 5* MRobin with some help from 4* Jeorge. I had 3*->4* Cherche in there as well, now replaced by 5* Raven, and 4* Laslow, now replaced by 3* Olivia (mostly just to dance for Robin).

I don't have any other 5* characters (or obvious choices like Takumi/Lucina/Hector/Camilla/Azura). The main contenders for my team, beyond MRobin, are:

3* Olivia (red sword/dancer)
4* Eliwood (red sword/cavalry)
4* FCorrin (blue dragon)
4* Felicia (dagger)
4* George (archer)
4* Nino (green mage)
4* Nowi (blue dragon)

The aforementioned Cherche, Laslow, and Raven are options, too, but they haven't been very useful recently.

I also have a few more decent cavalry units, but they don't compare with the above for utility or damage. Likewise for mages and axe wielders. I've pretty much completed all the game's content, save for chapters 8 & 9 of Lunatic and a few quests (e.g., the current focus quests, some hard arena quests), so I'm not likely to get many future pulls.

I'm thinking MRobin/Olivia/FCorrin/Nino. Any other suggestions? Who should I promote to 5* first?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Replacing Takumi with Anna worked out really, really well. New score of 4560, rank 477. Now my team is Lucina, Anna, Catria, baby Tiki, with an average rating of 173.5. Advanced matches are worth an average of 651 or 652 points and teams virtually never have more than one ranged hero and even one is rare. Almost every team has an armored hero and a dragon. Flyers are somewhat rare and only Minerva and Catria have the stats to show up.

This team's biggest problem is Effie, actually, and she's about as common as Hector (which is common). Anna relies on Spd and doesn't have great Def, so she isn't a great answer. Killing Effie requires being careful with the first part of the fight to try to keep Tiki healthy enough to take a hit or to get either Tiki's or Lucina's special attack up, and it's pretty important that Catria stay healthy too. Effie never broke my streak but I expect that eventually I'm going to find that I can't kill her without losing someone.

Anna herself was very useful. Plenty of teams run multiple blues now and she can sit in front of one and kill it when it charges. She can bait Robin and then go smash his face in. Spur Res also came in handy a couple times for letting another hero tank Tiki. I never actually got to trigger either Vantage or her teleport, though I can certainly see where Vantage would be great for killing something while retreating.
Ranged units are rare? How do you deal with maps that limit your movement? I also have an all-melee team, and I find I have trouble on the lava map because all my units have to stand around single file, meaning that one or two units can't contribute much on some turns.

Okamid3n

Yea, my team averages 170.5 and I got 4528. I face much easier team set-ups with very few ranged threats compared to when my stats totals were lower. Stats totals matter way too much in the arena right now and I hope they change how it works somehow.

My recommendation to anyone who wants to compete in the Arena : just go for whatever team gives you the highest stats total.

If there was a competitive arena tier list, Takumi would be rated really low and Effie + Hector would be in a separate tier entirely.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yea, my team averages 170.5 and I got 4528. I face much easier team set-ups with very few ranged threats compared to when my stats totals were lower. Stats totals matter way too much in the arena right now and I hope they change how it works somehow.

My recommendation to anyone who wants to compete in the Arena : just go for whatever team gives you the highest stats total.

If there was a competitive arena tier list, Takumi would be rated really low and Effie + Hector would be in a separate tier entirely.

Hmm time for me to try out my double Hector team!

Gotchaye

Ranged units are rare? How do you deal with maps that limit your movement? I also have an all-melee team, and I find I have trouble on the lava map because all my units have to stand around single file, meaning that one or two units can't contribute much on some turns.

Ranged heroes are rare because of the way the matchmaking works - Takumi has a rating of 162 and mages tend to be similar so they're unlikely to be in a team with an average rating of 173. When they do show up it's often alongside multiple armored units (which bring up the average rating) so they don't advance with blockers.

Yeah, the lava map is probably the hardest one. It helps a lot that Catria flies. But because enemy ranged units are also rare (and if they're an archer or green I have Catria lure them off to one side) the enemy can also only come single-file, so I usually do a fighting retreat. I position my best matchup for their front guy just inside his range so that he steps forward and fights, then I either fall back and repeat or I kill him and move my best matchup for their next guy forward. Because I have all colors represented I can also typically force the enemy to split up around one of the lava pits, since AI heroes who can't attack someone on a turn will chase after something they have color advantage over. Then the bait hero just moves back to support the main fight.

Noob question: How do I figure the stat total/average of my team?

Okamid3n

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ranged heroes are rare because of the way the matchmaking works - Takumi has a rating of 162 and mages tend to be similar so they're unlikely to be in a team with an average rating of 173. When they do show up it's often alongside multiple armored units (which bring up the average rating) so they don't advance with blockers.

Yeah, the lava map is probably the hardest one. It helps a lot that Catria flies. But because enemy ranged units are also rare (and if they're an archer or green I have Catria lure them off to one side) the enemy can also only come single-file, so I usually do a fighting retreat. I position my best matchup for their front guy just inside his range so that he steps forward and fights, then I either fall back and repeat or I kill him and move my best matchup for their next guy forward. Because I have all colors represented I can also typically force the enemy to split up around one of the lava pits, since AI heroes who can't attack someone on a turn will chase after something they have color advantage over. Then the bait hero just moves back to support the main fight.
Thanks, I'll try that. I'm not all level 40 yet, so I keep running into mages or Takumi teams, and fighting those teams on the lava map is always a shitshow.

One of the sort options is "rating".
*clicks*

Oh.

So that's why Lucina and Effie are so good.

Okamid3n

Yeah, dragons have good stats ratings. Tiki, Nowi and Fae especially. That's the main reason Lucina is so good, really. In a meta of high-stats-total, being able to slay dragons while having a good stats total yourself is top tier stuff.

PsionBolt

I finally hit 20 000 feathers, and now I've been blankly staring at the unlock potential screen for fifteen minutes. It's such a big investment or a F2P player! When I think about how half of these feathers came from a one-time promotion and how gosh darn long it'll take me to hit 20k again, I can barely bring myself to spend them.

My current lineup is Lyn, F-Corrin, Felicia, and Olivia, but every single one has been underperforming.
My upgrade options are M-Robin, F-Corrin, Sharena, Felicia, Marth, and Fae.

forgrim

I decided to roll 20 on a banner since ive been hoarding since launch and picked up an ephraim. Any good? So far seems like a regular ol blue infantry that will get eaten by range

RR30

I think I need some help with finding a 4th member for my team. I started with Lucina (got it with my first roll on my first account), and 5* Kagero and just the other day got 5* Linde so I am using those 3.

My choices (currently) are Marth/Chrom/Bartre/Corrin/Nino/Peri/Oboro/Camilla as 4* units I could use as my 4th member. What would be the best use for arena/harder difficulity story modes? My first 3 characters are still in the low 20's. I have just about beaten normal story but I haven't touched the lunatic version and have only done a couple of chapters on hard.

GenG3000

What's up with all those 40 attack 40 speed Lindes I see now in the arena? Thank god I tend to kill them first at close range but they even make Takumi look bad.

Another pull another set of 3 stars, muh.

I have enough missions left for one more set of 20 orbs if I count in a day or two of daily login rewards, then it's slow street.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So what's the concensus on Barst? Cause I love this mother fucker.

I had problems with my 4* Barst dying too easily personally, but maybe I didn't understand how to use him properly.

I decided to roll 20 on a banner since ive been hoarding since launch and picked up an ephraim. Any good? So far seems like a regular ol blue infantry that will get eaten by range

I think he's more tanky than the average infantry unit, with normal mobility. Aka high attack, good def/res, low speed from what I've seen. Imagine a tank with good mobility.

Conversely, it's torture to level Olivia past level 20.

People keep saying that and I really don't get it. What star level is your Olivia? Maybe put some attack buff units around her or something? My 4* Olivia is +Atk, and she has like these stats at lvl 30 thus far:
Atk 36, Spd 26, Def 21, Res 17, HP 27.

Has anyone pulled 5 5 stars in a pull? Just saw an earlier post where someone had 4. I wonder what the odds to do that is.

I think I saw a 5 5* on reddit at some point.

vctor182

I'm proud of my main team:
Robin destroys Takumis/Robins/Red units and Lucina does so against Hectors/dragons. Kagero finishes any infantry and FCorrin absorbs damage and debuffs.

My alt-team in training:
Ephraim is not as bad as everyone thought here. He and Lyn are 1 shotting enemies in the training tower while Cherche is just there acting as bait most of the time.

Newcomers!
I'm really liking this team because everyone buffs something different that makes Nino do some crazy damage plus double turn!

I had a bad time with Arena yesterday, and it pissed me off.

I was running into double Takumi teams, so I was forced to take unit losses. I was planning on improving my streak, but my points were low in the few matches because of the above setup. I finished, but I actually had a lower score.

I find it amusing that some teams are still using so many Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom