• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

I had problems with my 4* Barst dying too easily personally, but maybe I didn't understand how to use him properly.

He's not that hot on defense at all, but on offense I'm finding him to be a monster. He's a green (axe) and on offense he can take down reds relatively well.

I'm proud of my main team:

Robin destroys Takumis/Robins/Red units and Lucina does so against Hectors/dragons. Kagero finishes any infantry and FCorrin absorbs damage and debuffs.

My alt-team in training:

Ephraim is not as bad as everyone thought here. He and Lyn are 1 shotting enemies in the training tower while Cherche is just there acting as bait most of the time.

Newcomers!

I'm really liking this team because everyone buffs something different that makes Nino do some crazy damage plus double turn!

How difficult do you find levelling Olivia

fek

Thought I would resist but ended up pulling in this gacha. Took me 80 orbs to get a 5* but it was Azura. Too bad she's +Def -Atk, I think.

ggx2ac

I'd have to get another 20k feathers on my Effie if I want to get my stat average to 173.5.

Annoyingly, she's attack down/defense up and, I'd have to replace Catria with her to keep using my Nino and Eirika.

I went to test my highest rated units: 176+174+174+175

C41GmP5UYAEq395.jpg

C41GnRaUEAAJl5G.jpg

C41GoxSUkAELKQx.jpg

This probably isn't something I will plan to stick with.

I have seen level 40+10 Takumis quite often.

Note: My team average rating is 174.75 while the opponent rating was 179.25.

Posted this late last night, just looking for more opinions, especially which 4 or 3 star I should bump

I have 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Kagero, Takumi, Hinoka, Marth, Hector, Eirika, Epharim

These are my 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Camilla, Olivia, Merric, Draug, Effie, Donnel, Tika

🌟🌟🌟 Nino CorrinF Robin Sully Saizo Gordin

Which four stars should I raise? Which 3 stars?

My main squad right now is takumi, Kagero, hinoka and Tika (mainly because I got them first). What would be a good 2nd team? Or mix and match my main team?

Question about my Nintendo linking. I had no luck linking my account to my iPhone. However, my iPad linked up with no problem. My question is why in the world can't I link my account with my iPhone? Thanks in advance.

ggx2ac

Basically, the earlier post I made where I could earn 660 points in a match. My team average rating is 174.75 while the opponent rating was 179.25.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
The Merge Heroes process is confusing me. I got both the one star and two star Hana's from the event. Which should I sacrifice when merging?

Moonlight

Banned
The Merge Heroes process is confusing me. I got both the one star and two star Hana's from the event. Which should I sacrifice when merging?
You should fuse the lower star into the higher star. If you have two heroes of the same rarity, the lower level should fuse into the higher level.

ggx2ac

I hope the PvP mode that gets added in will have better conditions for matchmaking and points awarded.

It seems lame that you have to use the highest stat units to get the highest scores possible in arena.

It's not that it is entirely bad, the problem is how it reduces the strategy involved because there is a 20 point difference in rating between a ranged unit and an armoured unit.

It just becomes bad that the only way to overcome that is you need thousands of dollars to spend to get that ranged unit at 5* eleven times to merge stats.

I'm guessing the tier ranks are supposed to help in fixing this but I can still end up fighting against teams that only reward 644 points.

Dee Dee

Don't know if that's always the case, but for me both Hanas had the same stats, so it depends on what you want to invest:

In my case, I already got the 1* when the map first came around, and kept and leveled it. Now the second time, I managed to score the 2* as well, and was stumped on what to do.
In the end, I leveled the 1* a bit more (was already Level 17) to bring it to 2* - and it turned out that on 2* rarity, both had the exact same stats.
So I took the one I had already leveled, because she already had abilities and some leftover SP, and fused the newly gotten 2* into her.
I gained a 2* Hana with an extra level, and 20 Skillpoints extra. I think that was a good call.
Alternatively, you can send the 1* home for a ridiculously low amount of feathers (15 I think?). Upgrading to 2* is really cheap in comparison. If you intend to use Hana, I'd suggest leveling the 1*, upgrade it to 2*, and fuse the spare 2* into her.
The other way around you will only get 10 SP by fusing the 1* into a 2*.

Generally, always sacrifice the lower into the higher, or of equal rarity.
You gain a bonus level when merging a higher rarity into a lower rarity (or equal) - however an extra level is nothing compared to higher rarity - and you lose the extra level when upgrading to higher rarity eventually (the upgrading will cost a bit less though to make up for it).

For slightly higher rarities (2* or 3*) it might be worth it to send the units home to gain some extra feathers instead of merging, since Skill Points can always be farmed as well, but you might need a few feathers urgently for some upgrades.

Draxal

I hope the PvP mode that gets added in will have better conditions for matchmaking and points awarded.

It seems lame that you have to use the highest stat units to get the highest scores possible in arena.

It's not that it is entirely bad, the problem is how it reduces the strategy involved because there is a 20 point difference in rating between a ranged unit and an armoured unit.

It just becomes bad that the only way to overcome that is you need thousands of dollars to spend to get that ranged unit at 5* eleven times to merge stats.

I'm guessing the tier ranks are supposed to help in fixing this but I can still end up fighting against teams that only reward 644 points.

Tbh, I went heavy manakete to try to force a higher score.

And then I got to fight Lucinas and marth +6-9s.

DIDN"T GO WELL.

ggx2ac

Tbh, I went heavy manakete to try to force a higher score.

And then I got to fight Lucinas and marth +6-9s.

DIDN"T GO WELL.

That's exactly it. That's why I'm not going to bother forcing high rated units into arena if there's no strategy behind it.

Unless I can spend thousands to increase the stats of the characters I want to level 50. Then I won't be able to compete in and place higher than rank 1000.

champloo

Got two Effies in one pull and decided to train them both.. it's a sight to behold...

I may try running them with my Hector. Imagine launching a Hector into the enemy team.

ggx2ac

It sucks my Effie is attack down. Actually, it's not too bad. I keep forgetting I need to add 50% 18% to her damage if she fights a sword user. Throw in Hone attack and she should have enough attack to one hit kill any sword user.

mikemandey

Posted this late last night, just looking for more opinions, especially which 4 or 3 star I should bump

I have ���������� Kagero, Takumi, Hinoka, Marth, Hector, Eirika, Epharim

These are my �������� Camilla, Olivia, Merric, Draug, Effie, Donnel, Tika

������ Nino CorrinF Robin Sully Saizo Gordin

Which four stars should I raise? Which 3 stars?

My main squad right now is takumi, Kagero, hinoka and Tika (mainly because I got them first). What would be a good 2nd team? Or mix and match my main team?

Personally Olivia.. Dance is a great ability to have.

Pau

Wait, heroes have "natures" like in Pokemon? Well fuck.

I don't know how people are getting so many 5 star characters. I've only rolled two Marths so far. :(

mikemandey

Wait, heroes have "natures" like in Pokemon? Well fuck.

I don't know how people are getting so many 5 star characters. I've only rolled two Marths so far. :(

Getting 5* here seems easier than any other gacha games. Just wait, you'll get three 5* in a row soon :)

Settled on dumping all my feathers on Corrin F for the promotion. Really happy with the results. Her buffs/de-buffs are fantastic when set up right and she has great stats to boot.

Having to wait more than a month before another promotion is a little rough but I'm more than satisfied with my team now. 20k seemed extremely high at launch but I guess it makes sense when you can basically make an extremely effective unit of your choosing. No matter how bad your luck, you're bound to have someone worthwhile to bring up. Even Anna and Sharena are meant to be great.

Is there no way to get summon stones outside of the daily bonus when all the currently available maps are complete?

I've had three horrible rolls in a row, all I need is a 5* Green and Red now...

ggx2ac

I guessed the triangle weapon bonuses wrong.

I still have to make calculations since I only tested one battle.

From that though, the bonuses should be:

-If you fight with a weapon advantage, red against green for example. You will have approximately an 18% damage increase while the opponent has an 18% damage decrease.

-I should still be correct about effective bonus weapons. The bow will deal an increased 50% damage against flier units.

You have to have put the bonus multiplier to your attack before subtracting damage from defense or resistance to keep the calculations consistent.

Here's an example so I don't have to bother repeating myself.

(Attack * bonus multiplier) - Def or Res = Damage

Red physical weapon vs green unit
(39*1.18) - 19 Def = 27.02 damage

Green magic weapon vs red unit
(48*0.82) - 28 Res = 11.36 damage

Yes, the damage values are rounded. I haven't seen yet if they round up at .5 or higher, they probably do.

If a green unit fights a green unit, it's obvious the bonus multiplier is just 1.

Shun

Is there no way to get summon stones outside of the daily bonus when all the currently available maps are complete?

I've had three horrible rolls in a row, all I need is a 5* Green and Red now...

Complain to Nintendo on twitter to roll out content faster, on par with other smartphone games, because it's slowing down quite a bit now.

Or keep waiting out the log in bonuses and save up feathers to go make Anna 5 stars.

Or spend money.

That's really all the choices you have.

I recommend complaining to them though, since they're listening and people have been complaining for a while about their slower content release. Keep doing it, they'll acknowledge and crack because Intelligent Systems has to know that the content schedule right now isn't cutting it.

Mupod

well, threw another 20 in, got garbage again. I have fed so many arthurs to the feather pile.

I see these people with two 5* in one pull and its like congrats that's better than I've done in 200 orbs

linkent

Currently playing with Ryoma+Maria+Lyn account.
Friend is giving me Hector+Lyn+Camilla+Roy account.

Really tempted to change... again....
His account is crazy with Hector+Takumi+Lucina.

Complain to Nintendo on twitter to roll out content faster, on par with other smartphone games, because it's slowing down quite a bit now.

Or keep waiting out the log in bonuses and save up feathers to go make Anna 5 stars.

Or spend money.

I recommend complaining to them though, since they're listening and people have been complaining for a while about their slower content release. Keep doing it, they'll acknowledge and crack because Intelligent Systems has to know that the content schedule right now isn't cutting it.

Is there a specific twitter account or website to direct those complaints towards?

ggx2ac

Just to add from my last post.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=230472977

Kagero poison dagger:

Kagero: 29 Atk

Enemy 1: 9 Def

Kagero deals 34 damage.

43 damage/ 29 Atk = 1.48

So, (29*1.48) - 9 = 33.92 (So the damage was rounded up.)

So Kagero's Poison Dagger has a 48% damage bonus against infantry.

Next.

Caeda: 21 Atk, 13 Def (red Armourslayer)
En2: 15 Atk, 10 Def (green armour)

Caeda deals 27 dmg against en2.
En2 deals 0 dmg.

37 damage/21 Atk = 1.76

So, (21*1.76) - 10 Def = 26.96 (Damage was rounded up)

The red Armourslayer did have a huge damage bonus. I didn't get to test it against a red armoured unit just to see only what the Armourslayer bonus is.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Or spend money.

The game has only been out for 2 weeks. So how much content do most other smart phone games provide in that timeframe? Honestly if they see retention fall or review scores fall, or spending fall, they'll go and react appropriately anyhow right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom