• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Complain to Nintendo on twitter to roll out content faster, on par with other smartphone games, because it's slowing down quite a bit now.

Or keep waiting out the log in bonuses and save up feathers to go make Anna 5 stars.

Or spend money.

That's really all the choices you have.

I recommend complaining to them though, since they're listening and people have been complaining for a while about their slower content release. Keep doing it, they'll acknowledge and crack because Intelligent Systems has to know that the content schedule right now isn't cutting it.

I used the 'feedback' option in-game in Misc. -> FAQ -> Customer Support -> Feedback.

It's probably more effective than replying to any Twitter account since Nintendo have customer support teams to handle it.

Do things like +Att/-Def reset when you promote a unit to a five star or is it set in stone no matter what?

No... It's permanent.

Shun

I used the 'feedback' option in-game in Misc. -> FAQ -> Customer Support -> Feedback.

It's probably more effective than replying to any Twitter account since Nintendo have customer support teams to handle it.

No... It's permanent.

Nah, in most other games users just straight up reply or tweet at the official account or at the producer in charge of the game whenever they have complaints or are pissed off.

It's pretty common, twitter is usually the main form of communication and they're always watching.

ggx2ac

Nah, in most other games users just straight up reply or tweet at the official account or at the producer in charge of the game whenever they have complaints or are pissed off.

It's pretty common, twitter is usually the main form of communication and they're always watching.

But there's only a Japanese Twitter account for Fire Emblem Heroes right?

Do I have to post to the Nintendo of America Twitter account?

Shun

The game has only been out for 2 weeks. So how much content do most other smart phone games provide in that timeframe? Honestly if they see retention fall or review scores fall, or spending fall, they'll go and react appropriately anyhow right?

Plenty of games did, as far back as 3-4 years ago. A constant cycle of content on a weekly basis has been the standard for a while now.

Granblue, iDOLM@STER, FGO, Rage of Bahamut, Chain Chronicle, so on and so forth.

Nintendo has more money than Cygames, they have the ability to push content and advertise to grow and retain the userbase.

It makes no sense being conservative, and they should continue to push it out seeing as how many players have hit a wall and power creep already with Arena.

What you mentioned are all established mobile games, with the ability to run multiple events sequentially and concurrently because of the IP they've built. What were those mobage like when they launched?

I would pre-emptively agree that the mobage landscape was different 2-3 years ago than it is now, and that Fire Emblem needs to do more than it is currently to compete with everything else. The problem is that you can't just run events at the pace that these established games do at this early point in FEH's lifespan.

But at launch those games all hard the same 3-4 event a month launch period and has done so since. iDOLM@STER and FGO are already past 1 year old, Granblue Fantasy is reaching the 3 year point.

So Fire Emblem Heroes definitely can. Nintendo has the money to do it. They will make that money and investment back, and more.

Granblue, within it's first month of release, had new gacha characters and story events every single week. The first big event, was a month into the game. Within the first 4 months, there were already 16 events that occurred in game with their own different objectives, on top of new story events and new gacha characters. Their first collaboration, was with iDOLM@STER and it happened within the first 6 months and was partially what got the game to grow even more popular on top of it's quick update rate.

Granblue, despite some gacha scandals and mass refunds, has always been pushing out new content on a week by week basis. They never had to do event reruns unless it was necessary and all reruns had extra bonuses attached to it for those who already played it.

This has been the standard for years now and even then some people think 3-4 events a month could go a little faster to 4-5 events.

To see that they're only doing 2 a month, is disappointing, but I won't know until I see how good the content is every two weeks.

Worth noting as well for people is that this game has almost 100 songs already with like 4 more added per month (a couple of which release alongside new story chapters which are far more in-depth than FE:H), it's stamina and premium currency based but gives energy drinks and jewels out like candy - so much that you can easily play without hitting any walls for free. They make their money off people going crazy for new cards of their favourite idols.

SS is my gold standard for gacha games, so going to FEH where they are super stingy with the (costly) orbs, where the pools are already full of garbage and where there is no free currency pool to draw from was quite disappointing.

It's not even just that, they have unique choreography and camera work for the 3D Lives for every new song with fully voiced events, and so much to do. 20+ million users, all within a year, all in Japan only.

Bandai Namco and iM@S is ridiculously huge and popular, which is partially why it's so successful as a game. But they never stopped updating it from launch and continued to provide content and bonuses for the user.

That's why I'm so apprehensive by the conservative 2 events a month standard that Nintendo is taking on this. It's not going to cut it unless the rewards and content provide is beefy enough to keep users invested within that 14-15 day period of the event. Versus doing an event every 8-10 days, where there isn't as much down time and enough content to keep users fresh and interested.

Like Nintendo got 2+ million users and 2+ million USD within launch period, use that money to push out more content in the game at a pace that smartphone players expect and use that money to rent out more advertising space to increase user base.

Nintendo will easily make all that money back from whales, high spenders, and casual players if they continue to push content at a reasonable rate. Especially if Jugdral is added to the game as an event and gacha. The right limited character card during gacha season is enough to get people to spend and make back your investment in pushing out new content and advertising. The market is competitive, but because they're Nintendo they're able to get people to get invested and spend, and they should capitalize that.

The game will live and die by it's support. Free to Play and Whales have no reason to stick around and keep buying if there isn't a reason to keep playing regularly.

2 a month is too slow and would risk people dropping the game because of that.

Shun

But there's only a Japanese Twitter account for Fire Emblem Heroes right?

Do I have to post to the Nintendo of America Twitter account?

Is there a specific twitter account or website to direct those complaints towards?
Even if you can't tweet in Japanese, tweet to both.

Maeda, the producer of Fire Emblem Heroes, doesn't have a specific producer twitter like other producers like Haruta/Fukuhara/Kimura does for Cygames. Most other games, users will tweet at them and the team will be watching and keeping track of complaints and QoL suggestions.

That's where the majority of the feather complaints came from. We know they're listening, they realize that players are hitting that ceiling faster than they anticipated, they need to act accordingly because this is a ton of momentum and potential growth and retention that you will waste if you wait it out.

ggx2ac

Tweet to both.

But is there someone on the Japanese FE Heroes Twitter account that reads the replies that are not in Japanese?

This game is out in over 40 countries and I want to know if they can read Spanish, French, German, etc on Twitter. Of course I am saying people who can read it without machine translation.

I know there's machine translation but there's always a high chance things are inaccurately translated.

The Bing translation on Twitter is really terrible at translating from Japanese to English for example.

Edit: Never mind, saw your edit.

Cerium

Maybe tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Jims

If anyone is still needing to defeat a few more Level 35+ armor enemies for the 5-orb Lunatic quest, the Chapter 7-2 "Two Noblemen" Lunatic is a decent place to do it. Can knock out 2 armors for 18 stamina. I got impatient waiting for the last few armors to randomly appear in the Training Tower.

Anastasis

It seems like people were underwhelmed at the new banner, but it looks like Ephraim and Eirika are moving up in the tiers (or were they always high?). Anyone know why? Sitting on 19 orbs and when my 2 drop tomorrow I want to know if I should stash them or go ahead and pull. Thanks!

Cerium

It seems like people were underwhelmed at the new banner, but it looks like Ephraim and Eirika are moving up in the tiers (or were they always high?). Anyone know why? Sitting on 19 orbs and when my 2 drop tomorrow I want to know if I should stash them or go ahead and pull. Thanks!

There's no right answer to that question. If you know there's characters you want more coming later (Choose Your Legends etc) then it makes sense to hoard. If you could really use one of the new characters, then go ahead.

Totakeke

So spur spd, hone spd, and darting blow do stack.

Green mage has 21 spd, Camilla has 15spd. Matthew has Hone Spd 2 which gives +3spd. Camilla has Darting Blow 2 which gives +4spd on attack. Jeorge has Spur Spd 3 which gives +4spd on adjacent allies during combat.

Camilla needs 26spd to do a 4x attack on green mage. 15+3+4+4 = 26spd.

So what this means that Camilla could be potentially a lot more powerful with the right setup as she uses a Brave weapon and can buff her speed up to +16spd on top of what she has (+6 Darting Blow, +4 Hone Spd, +4 Spur Spd). 4x hit is a lot of damage and should kill most units with below 30 defense and naturally will make a single attack buff four times as effective. This also synergizes well with her Draconic Aura special as it has a 3 hit cooldown, as that means her fourth hit will get 30% more damage even without the enemy retaliating during combat.

Not to say that this makes her the best unit ever as it won't be effective against high defense characters, but it does make her much better if you have the right units to synergize with her.

Elija2

Is anyone else still getting the "Return to title screen" error? It's really annoying having to re-link my Nintendo account over and over again.

Moonlight

Banned
I think it's next Friday as well... Which is way too long.
Really hope they heavily pick up the pace on the content once the next banner happens. I'm through with all the Lunatic content now so all there is to do now is... play Arena, I guess? And that's not exactly exciting right now.

Dragner

Well that's my Arena win streak lost. Takumi managed to take down both Lucina and Hector. What a ridiculous unit

What?. Lucina I get it. But how in the world can a Takumi take down hector. My hector one shots takumis +10 in arena losing 20 hp max.

chrono01

Ugh, the willpower.

I'm at just under 150 orbs (F2P) that I want to use on the current banner, but I also want to save for the "Choose Your Own" banner that we should (hopefully?) be receiving soon. I don't really have any other characters to level right now with the 1.5x boost going on, unless I want to go back and level my 1*/2* characters such as Olivia. Actually, I might work on Olivia, since I hear she's pretty nice.

The will to resist is weakening each day, though. I feel like I should do one or two pulls to lessen the urge, but I know I won't be able to stop there. I literally haven't done a single pull since release when I re-rolled my account for Takumi/Tiki.

casiopao

Finally got my Palla to learn Goad Fliers. I wonder if full Fliers team is viable guys?O_O

I want the team of Catria, Palla, Est and Minerva here.^^ I think they should had great synergy lol.^^

mstevens

Ugh, the willpower.

I'm at just under 150 orbs (F2P) that I want to use on the current banner, but I also want to save for the "Choose Your Own" banner that we should (hopefully?) be receiving soon. I don't really have any other characters to level right now with the 1.5x boost going on, unless I want to go back and level my 1*/2* characters such as Olivia. Actually, I might work on Olivia, since I hear she's pretty nice.

The will to resist is weakening each day, though. I feel like I should do one or two pulls to lessen the urge, but I know I won't be able to stop there. I literally haven't done a single pull since release when I re-rolled my account for Takumi/Tiki.

I say keep stock piling. With that many orbs, you're almost guaranteed a banner unit IMO so save for one you really want.

chrono01

I say keep stock piling. With that many orbs, you're almost guaranteed a banner unit IMO so save for one you really want.
Thanks, that's what I'm planning. As much as I'd like to go for a new banner character now, the current ones don't really scream to me, despite them being nice units. It's not as though I really need a stronger team for in-game purposes, aside from arena, but I seem to be holding my own there too.

The hoarding shall continue!

Razmos

What?. Lucina I get it. But how in the world can a Takumi take down hector. My hector one shots takumis +10 in arena losing 20 hp max.
I think because the arena I started on allowed Takumi a free hit on Hector before I could attack back, then with Takumi low on health I thought I might be able to finish him off with Lucina but for some reason she did pitiful damage that turn

Dragner

I think because the arena I started on allowed Takumi a free hit on Hector before I could attack back, then with Takumi low on health I thought I might be able to finish him off with Lucina but for some reason she did pitiful damage that turn

Oh. You didnt learn distant counter?. With it hector would just double counter back and kill Takumi because Armads skill.

Cerium

There are no free hits on Hector.

casiopao

Watching all of you guys doing really well while the most i am able to get on ranking is 2700 point, i am just going to stroll around this game while grinding all the waifus i wanted to the level i want lol.^^

I had zero hope for huge huge gacha savior lol.^^

Watching all of you guys doing really well while the most i am able to get on ranking is 2700 point, i am just going to stroll around this game while grinding all the waifus i wanted to the level i want lol.^^

I had zero hope for huge huge gacha savior lol.^^

Well you can always go 3 your best units + lvl1 Olivia to get >3k

Frimaire

Welp, Now that Lunatic's done there are no more free orbs left in the game for me outside of login bonuses.
Guess it's game over for a while...

The Merge Heroes process is confusing me. I got both the one star and two star Hana's from the event. Which should I sacrifice when merging?

Neither - merging is pointless on non maximum rating units. And merging two different ratings gives only skill points which are free to be taken from training tower anyway.

Razmos

Oh. You didnt learn distant counter?. With it hector would just double counter back and kill Takumi because Armads skill.
He did, he just didn't do much damage. Which is weird considering he's level 30 and usually hits like a truck. Not quite sure what happened

Moonlight

Banned
Neither - merging is pointless on non maximum rating units. And merging two different ratings gives only skill points which are free to be taken from training tower anyway.
Merging and giving extra levels reduces feather costs for promotion so it's one consideration to make, though all the extra levels do disappear upon promotion.

Garou

Regarding feedback: Japanese players that opted into emails got a survey about the game, so they are already gathering info on how to improve the game.

champloo

Hiks.T_T I hate Takumi with fiery passion here.T_T Why must he destroy my dream of flying waifus.T_T

in fact, a flying team shouldn't be too worried about Takumi if you have Camilla\Cordelia\Hinoka on your team. with support from Goad Flier they take out Takumi easily.

Cerium

I'd like a practice pvp arena. We can play as much as we want but get no ranking, xp etc unless we use one of our swords.

That would be neat, I admit.

Also straight up PvP would be appreciated but they need to provide an incentive to approach. Could do it with maps that constrict on you, I suppose.

casiopao

in fact, a flying team shouldn't be too worried about Takumi if you have Camilla\Cordelia\Hinoka on your team. with support from Goad Flier they take out Takumi easily.

I had Cordelia right now lol. Camilla also but on 4 star.T_T I wonder if i should make her 5 Star or not here.

What does Hinoka do for my team anyway?O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom