• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

My Olivia murders people with ease, so I don't know why people are having trouble leveling her. Of course she's super frail, but she can take on an axe soldier or low defense ranged units without much trouble. Or maybe mine is +Attack.

mine is +attack as well. She was easy to level until 30, but her defenses are so low she dies in 1 hit to whatever.

Wow. Sharena is a starting character isn't she? Is it because she has the Rally ability? She got bumped to S

Olivia got bumped to S as well

I've been using Sharena at 4* for arena because I didn't pull any good 5* blue. Definitely worth it. Her stats are solid enough when I need her to attack a red sword and rally attack + defense boost for any neighbouring allies is just great. If I could get her to 5*, her weapon then also drops the attack of any enemies in 2 spaces on top of everything else.

So yeah, I can see her as an S rank.

AFAIK, Olivia's basically pointless to 5*. She's going to melt from being attacked by almost anything and her only utility is dancing. Stat increases and better weapons are pointless for a unit you need to do your best to stop from ever actually entering combat.

Stats are points in arena unfortunately. And you only get two of them from special map no matter how many times it rotates. So i went and made mine into 5* since there's still no need for green units in arena :(

Okamid3n

It's going to be a while, but I want to upgrade my Sharena so bad. She'll be perfect with my team. Nino/Sharena/Ryoma/Lucina. Nino could go as high as +4spd/+4def/+20 attack with that team! And my Nino is +atk/-def, which is pretty much perfect.

I only have 1000 feathers left, though. Gonna take at least four weeks of arena.

Gotchaye

Wow. Sharena is a starting character isn't she? Is it because she has the Rally ability? She got bumped to S

Olivia got bumped to S as well

Sharena's got a couple nice properties. She's just a solid blue unit with a total rating of 177 (about a level's worth of stats above most infantry). She's got a good stat distribution - she's reasonably fast (35) and hits reasonably hard (48). Fortify Defense is great. Her weapon provides Threaten Attack, which is okay. And then if she doesn't want to attack she can give +4 Atk to someone else, so she's not useless against greens or when out of range. There's nothing incredible here but there's not really any other lancer that you'd clearly prefer for most teams other than maybe Effie (and Azura, but you're not bringing Azura for her lance).

Anna is also pretty great and similarly renders a lot of the other greens much less desirable. She's not quite as big of a deal just because reds are a bigger problem than blues in Arena.

What exactly do the [weapon]breaker skills do? I don't think i quite understand from the weapon description

What is the difference between prevent follow up and prevent counter?

A follow-up attack is a second attack in a combat. You normally get them for having +5 Spd over the enemy. The various -breaker skills make it so that any combat against that type of weapon is resolved as if your character has +5 Spd over the enemy.

Pejo

So guys, I've been doing some research.

Out of all the 4* units I have, that are not pullable at 5*, I've narrowed it down to the top 3 for promotion to 5*

1. F Corrin - Buffs and debuffs, as well as being magic type and pretty damn tanky. Useful in tons of situations. Couple this with the fact my blue units generally suck. Gains damage, which she needs, and res-7 on enemies after combat for 5* upgrade. These both help her killing power. Good upgrade.

2. Nino - Surprisingly useful unit. Drawback helps so much when going for 0 deaths and other times. Gains damage and buff to attack from upgrading to 5*. Not a huge reason to upgrade, but a solid unit all around. Sucks that there's a ton of red swords in current meta though.

3. Setsuna - This one I didn't even have on my radar until viewing the wiki. Her skillset sounds fucking awesome, and I'm kinda upset I haven't leveled her at all. If i'm reading this right, she cannot get counter attacked by either ninjas or archers, naturally has advantage over flying units, can do a HP swap with an adjacent ally, and has a good HP pool. As long as you don't have her on the front lines, this unit seems like a ranged unit killer, with utility. Why is everyone sleeping on her? Am I misunderstanding her weapon/skill bonuses for archers/ninjas? Whats more, it seems like she's a hard counter to Takumi as long as she can kill him in 2 hits. Anyways, her 5* gives her more HP for survivability and more damage.

Any thoughts from you guys? I guess Male Robin is always still an option too, I just haven't been in love with the one I have at 4*. Maybe the 5* damage upgrade makes it worth it.

*edit* - just read Gotchaye's description above, I guess Setsuna isn't that great after all. Nuts.

Tonton

A follow-up attack is a second attack in a combat. You normally get them for having +5 Spd over the enemy. The various -breaker skills make it so that any combat against that type of weapon is resolved as if your character has +5 Spd over the enemy.
Ah, thanks, that's more clear

IronLich

I'm finished.
YqhuUOJ.jpg

But now what will I do about orbs?

IronLich

I'm especially happy about my Hawkeye. +spd but -res apparently, which is really good, since Hawkeye needs whatever speed he can get, and thanks to Shanna's speed debuff, and Roy's defense debuff when he attacks, and Azura dancing the big man in, houses get cleaned.

PK Gaming

A Robin team just fucked me up and ruined my best streak.

pxsMBJp.png

Like I don't think I experienced a total loss that bad since... ever. I'd be furious but it's Robin.

I wish I had a Robin :(

Xetherion

So guys, I've been doing some research.

Out of all the 4* units I have, that are not pullable at 5*, I've narrowed it down to the top 3 for promotion to 5*

1. F Corrin - Buffs and debuffs, as well as being magic type and pretty damn tanky. Useful in tons of situations. Couple this with the fact my blue units generally suck. Gains damage, which she needs, and res-7 on enemies after combat for 5* upgrade. These both help her killing power. Good upgrade.

2. Nino - Surprisingly useful unit. Drawback helps so much when going for 0 deaths and other times. Gains damage and buff to attack from upgrading to 5*. Not a huge reason to upgrade, but a solid unit all around. Sucks that there's a ton of red swords in current meta though.

3. Setsuna - This one I didn't even have on my radar until viewing the wiki. Her skillset sounds fucking awesome, and I'm kinda upset I haven't leveled her at all. If i'm reading this right, she cannot get counter attacked by either ninjas or archers, naturally has advantage over flying units, can do a HP swap with an adjacent ally, and has a good HP pool. As long as you don't have her on the front lines, this unit seems like a ranged unit killer, with utility. Why is everyone sleeping on her? Am I misunderstanding her weapon/skill bonuses for archers/ninjas? Whats more, it seems like she's a hard counter to Takumi as long as she can kill him in 2 hits. Anyways, her 5* gives her more HP for survivability and more damage.

Any thoughts from you guys? I guess Male Robin is always still an option too, I just haven't been in love with the one I have at 4*. Maybe the 5* damage upgrade makes it worth it.

*edit* - just read Gotchaye's description above, I guess Setsuna isn't that great after all. Nuts.

Setsuna looks really good to me too, but i had to stop my leveling 3* one because her ATK fell so far behind she wasn't doing damage anymore. With the extra stats from promotion she might be worth it though.

However, your understanding of her skills is a little off. She can be counter attacked by archers/ninjas, she just can't be double attacked by them, and she will always double attack them, no matter what their SPD is compared to hers.

Okamid3n

Once I get that Sharena to five stars, I ran the math and my Nino would one shot (as in, no need for double attack) neutral-natured Hector.

I think every single non-red units get one shot, and red units need 36 speed to not get doubled and die.

(now if only her stats total wasn't such a liability...at least it's better than Takumi).

Never looked at the starting characters so I guess I will work on Sharena. I got Catria last night and she seems to be pretty good too though.

is it a good idea to include a lance user if you already have Robin though? The plus 4 defense of Sharena and Robin seems to be a very strong combo.

Okamid3n

Never looked at the starting characters so I guess I will work on Sharena. I got Catria last night and she seems to be pretty good too though.

is it a good idea to include a lance user if you already have Robin though? The plus 4 defense of Sharena and Robin seems to be a very strong combo.

Sharena can be a replacement if you ever aim for top 1000 (or, heck, top 5000 soon) in the arena since Robin's stats totals are too low.

Aside from that, I think having a blue lance and a blue tome is fine, most people use two reds right now anyway. As you said, spur def and hone def seem to work well together.

Dragner

Sharena can be a replacement if you ever aim for top 1000 (or, heck, top 5000 soon) in the arena since Robin's stats totals are too low.

I think having a blue lance and a blue tome is fine, most people use two reds right now anyway.

I use 2 blues in all my teams. Works like a charm since theres no greens. Worst case scenario you are neutral.

Baliis

A Robin team just fucked me up and ruined my best streak.

pxsMBJp.png

Like I don't think I experienced a total loss that bad since... ever. I'd be furious but it's Robin.

I wish I had a Robin :(

Thankfully my team right now is pretty decent for the teams I see all the time. Camilla blows Robin up, Robin + my own Takumi to kill other Takumis, Florina for spot heals + mage baiting with her high res. Hector is about the only thing I don't have a super solid answer too without any red units.

OceanBlue

Once I get that Sharena to five stars, I ran the math and my Nino would one shot (as in, no need for double attack) neutral-natured Hector.

I think every single non-red units get one shot, and red units need 36 speed to not get doubled and die.

(now if only her stats total wasn't such a liability...at least it's better than Takumi).
How much damage does your Nino get to? Regular Hector has 71 HP+RES

Pejo

Setsuna looks really good to me too, but i had to stop my leveling 3* one because her ATK fell so far behind she wasn't doing damage anymore. With the extra stats from promotion she might be worth it though.

However, your understanding of her skills is a little off. She can be counter attacked by archers/ninjas, she just can't be double attacked by them, and she will always double attack them, no matter what their SPD is compared to hers.

Yea, that makes her less good than I originally intended. Do the double attacks all happen up front, or do they happen before and after the enemy turn? It could still be great if they were both front loaded, but i'm doubting it the more I read it.

Totakeke

Setsuna's obvious flaw is that she has a lot of wasted stats in speed for someone with daggerbreaker and bowbreaker.

His max at 40 is 42/39/40/19/23. A lot of speed, mediocre attack, and not very tanky.

OceanBlue

I feel like Setsuna's stats are her real problem. I wish she had a bit more attack lol

Xetherion

Yea, that makes her less good than I originally intended. Do the double attacks all happen up front, or do they happen before and after the enemy turn? It could still be great if they were both front loaded, but i'm doubting it the more I read it.

Yeah it's not a Brave or Desperation effect, the 2 attacks happen as if she had +5SPD over the enemy. So if she's attacking she hits once, they counter, she hits again. If she's being attacked they hit first, then she hits them twice. She has to be able to survive a hit, which she's not good at doing.

Pejo

Yeah it's not a Brave or Desperation effect, the 2 attacks happen as if she had +5SPD over the enemy. So if she's attacking she hits once, they counter, she hits again. If she's being attacked they hit first, then she hits them twice. She has to be able to survive a hit, which she's not good at doing.

Ah, yea, that's a bummer. Could still be interesting paired with a healer, but that's a lot of setup around a non-optimal character.

Looks like my upgrade choices fall back into FemCorrin, Nino, or M. Robin.

Pretty sure I'm going to go with FemCorrin.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Has anyone played with Selena much? I'm starting to realize that her pullback ability is super useful, plus she's actually pretty tanky.

Second, is Robin supposed to have relatively low attack? My 4* Robin is going up in levels but he still takes a while to kill things. The upside is that he's fairly resilient.

I may make a gimmick Selena + Olivia + Robin team just for ranged > pullback shenanigans.

Avallon

Just rolled on the new banner and got an Eirika. Killed 5 enemies with her and got 20 Greater Azure Badges. A couple thousand more feathers and I can upgrade my Robin to 5 stars!

Mupod

Eh, I'm never going to get an Azura, but I don't see how she beats Olivia's hone attack, at least for my team composition. Robin attacking twice with +3 damage is almost always gonna be better than a dancer getting in there with a lance.

OceanBlue

Eh, I'm never going to get an Azura, but I don't see how she beats Olivia's hone attack, at least for my team composition. Robin attacking twice with +3 damage is almost always gonna be better than a dancer getting in there with a lance.
Regular Azura OHKOs regular Lucina. Robin doesn't.
Edit: Wait never mind lol. Anyway she does more damage on her own than Robin does to red even after hone attack

Dragner

Regular Azura OHKOs regular Lucina. Robin doesn't.
Edit: Wait never mind lol. Anyway she does more damage on her own than Robin does to red even after hone attack

In compensation azura also dies looking at her while robin is more tanky and attacks at distance. Thats why Azura is mostly used for singing duty since you dont want to risk it if you end the turn in enemy range.

There's also the question of what tier lists are supposed to be for in the first place, cause if it's arena, better just post the stat total ranking and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom