• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

In compensation azura also dies looking at her while robin is more tanky and attacks at distance. Thats why Azura is mostly used for singing duty since you dont want to risk it if you end the turn in enemy range.
My point is that she has the option. If you're in a position where you need to tank a Lucina hit and then counterattack her to death while Robin fights Takumi or whatever, Azura can do that.

Dragner

My point is that she has the option. If you're in a position where you need to tank a Lucina hit and then counterattack her to death while Robin fights Takumi or whatever, Azura can do that.

ofc and Olivia can take green units, Olivia being weak in combat is that urban legend that will never go.

But that doesnt mean you will see Olivias charging into battle unless is completely safe. You will do better singing for a heavy hitter most of the time that taking it by yourself.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Pulled a third five star finally, a Raven. Useful as I had no green units other than two star Anna.

OceanBlue

ofc and Olivia can take green units, Olivia being weak in combat is that urban legend that will never go.

But that doesnt mean you will see Olivias charging into battle unless is completely safe. You will do better singing for a heavy hitter most of the time that taking it by yourself.
Who is Olivia going to tank or fight? Hector? I'm not saying Olivia is bad or that she can't fight. I'm saying that Azura having the option to fight Lucina is valuable.

Does everyone keep one of some of the more generic units..just to be completeist sake? or outside of the better characters, you send the rest of them home for feathers?

Dragner

Who is Olivia going to tank or fight? Hector? I'm not saying Olivia is bad or that she can't fight. I'm saying that Azura having the option to fight Lucina is valuable.

Olivia has only 3 speed less than azura while having better defense and more stats overall(165 vs 164). Olivia can fight vs anything green(yeah she can fight hector) or finish injured units from other colors since she doesnt have triangle. Yeah azura is more efficient attacking reds but is worst vs everything else while having worst defensive stats. Thats makes her less durable in battle. But discussing if a blue can kill a red or a red a green is pointless since its basic gameplay. Just a matter of evaluating what is better on each battle and depending on battle comps since dancers are team dependant.

Shinypogs

I'm going to miss falchion users suiciding into fem corrin when this meta passes. They just can't one shot her and if marth is nearby the unlucky ones get doubled. I wish she had a heal though I suppose that would break her. I'm only 6k feathers out from making her 5* though I am not looking forward to leveling her again.

I've been lucky and not run into any Julia's yet though I could just dance marth to wreck her.

Is it wrong that I'm less interested in new story maps than I am more challenge maps like narcians ?

PK Gaming

There's also the question of what tier lists are supposed to be for in the first place, cause if it's arena, better just post the stat total ranking and call it a day.

Molding a tier list completely around stat totals is boring

Way more interesting to rank characters based on their inherit viability

backlot

I pulled a 5 star Robin a while back but it's -speed which makes it a bit harder to counter Takumi than it should be. I'm thinking of using my feathers to boost up one of my 3 star Robins. Should I go for +speed or +attack? I feel like +speed for the best chance of not getting doubled by Takumi would be the most beneficial.

redcrayon

Are Oboro or Hinata useful? I got them both 4* yesterday and I dont know what to do with them
I'm finding Oboro to be a good all-rounder. Good strength and defence, plus effective vs armour. Seal defence and threaten resistance make her a good debuffer too, if you tend to cluster up the rest of the team can take advantage of her making enemies far more vulnerable. Kinda the opposite to Sharena who buffs your units instead.

She pretty much fills the role of a Knight while having the movement of infantry in exchange for slightly lower stats. Speed and resistance aren't great and she lacks a special, but she adds various support abilities to your roster instead. I've found her more useful in grindy campaign/training battles than the quickfire kill-or-be-killed of arena.

kswiston

Finally got my Robin up to useable levels after upgrading him from 4 stars. He's level 39, and therefore missing 2 stat points, but close enough.

My robin is +def and -res which is a bit of an odd combo. I need to stay far away from green mages.

OceanBlue

Olivia has only 3 speed less than azura while having better defense and more stats overall(165 vs 164). Olivia can fight vs anything green(yeah she can fight hector) or finish injured units from other colors since she doesnt have triangle. Yeah azura is more efficient attacking reds but is worst vs everything else while having worst defensive stats. Thats makes her less durable in battle. But discussing if a blue can kill a red or a red a green is pointless since its basic gameplay. Just a matter of evaluating what is better on each battle and depending on battle comps since dancers are team dependant.
Yeah, team comps and the roles and options each character brings to a fight are important. That's why I'm saying you don't always have to just have Azura dance for Robin, specifically in the case where you need Robin to fight Takumi. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Gotchaye

Does everyone keep one of some of the more generic units..just to be completeist sake? or outside of the better characters, you send the rest of them home for feathers?

I haven't sent anyone home just because the returns seem pretty poor relative to how hard it is to actually get new guys. 1*s and 2*s return basically nothing. They provide an amount comparable to the pitiful 10 per day you get for logging in. It's basically never going to make sense not to sit on these guys just in case. The higher rarities are better but, long-term, if you're cashing in everything you pull for feathers you still only expect to get a ~50% increase in what you're otherwise getting from Arena wins as even a top 30k player.

Molding a tier list completely around stat totals is boring

Way more interesting to rank characters based on their inherit viability

I think it's a reasonable objection. "Inherent viability" is sort of an odd idea because of course viability depends on the rules of the game. To some extent "Who would be most useful in a true PvP match?" or whatever is like "Who would win between Superman and The Hulk?" It's a little interesting but it's not actually relevant to anything. And it's also pretty misleading since it's obvious that lots of people are looking to tier lists precisely because they want to know who to use to obtain the best results.

So, yes, the tier lists as they are right now are sort of pointless and misleading. There's no reason to have a PvE tier list because the story content is trivial with Light's Blessings and the hardest thing we've seen - Narcian's map - suggests that what you want is a broad stable of heroes such that you can build a specialized team to handle whatever a new map has. The only challenge the game really presents is maximizing Arena rank, and the way to do that is not to bring shit heroes like Azura and Linde and Takumi. I think tier lists are worth thinking about and building towards, but that's because I think the current system of Arena scores being based on total stats is unsustainable and that it'll get changed.

Cerium

Narcian's map wasn't that bad, to be perfectly honest Lunatic Chapter 9 is giving me a great deal more difficult. I feel like I don't have the group composition for it.

Mupod

I just reached lunatic 9-2 but I'm probably just gonna level all my 4* goobers before I even try it. I'm picturing a bunch of 0 dmg.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I just pulled a 4* Nowi that's +HP/+-Att. I'm pretty sure she's going on my eventual Arena Defense team.

Still no 5*s from the current banner and the chances are now up to 4% each. I'll probably manage only one more pull before a new one appears, so hopefully luck will shine on me that day.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky day, pulled another five star, Effie this time. So now have a five star of each color. Pulled a four star Nowi earlier too.

Syntsui

My first pull on this new banner was a Julia. Apparently she is kinda of a mediocre glass cannon that dies to anything physical but kills anything non resistant. I'm not at the happyest state but I guess it could be worse.

My biggest problem right now is, there is no point playing it. The ''best units'' I have are all past level 20, so leveling up further is a waste of time because I'll have to reset them when I have enough feathers.

OceanBlue

My first pull on this new banner was a Julia. Apparently she is kinda of a mediocre glass cannon that dies to anything physical but kills anything non resistant. I'm not at the happyest state but I guess it could be worse.

My biggest problem right now is, there is no point playing it. The ''best units'' I have are all past level 20, so leveling up further is a waste of time because I'll have to reset them when I have enough feathers.
It seems like everyone is hitting this point. I've kinda accepted that I'm going to be wasting effort by training my 4*s, but on the other hand I enjoy messing around with teams in arena and I don't expect to 5* most of my characters since there are too many.

Durden77

Mannnn they really should have given Holy Vestments at lest a 5% more defense boost. Finally had it activate for me and it's pretty much just a worse and far more situational buckler.

Ala Alba

Mannnn they really should have given Holy Vestments at lest a 5% more defense boost. Finally had it activate for me and it's pretty much just a worse and far more situational buckler.

Buckler is for Melee attacks, Holy Vestments is for Ranged. I'm not really seeing that one is much more situational than the other.

Draxal

Nah, Julia is good but she's not Hector and she can't be be built around like Nino can. But shes a decent plug in a green to counter pretty much every blue units in the game, and there alot of good blue units.

As for the tier list it doesn't work with how matchmaking works.

Acerac

Banned

I'm leveling everyone that I can see even a potential niche for. It's probably not the best option from a min/maxing perspective, but it seems like it'll give me more gameplay options down the line for annoying fights (Narcian...) and more opportunities to try different combinations.

I'm prepared to deal with the fact that 9/10 characters I level will only see action 1 out of 100 fights, and many even less. I plan to play this game for a long time, and I'd like to be prepared for the inevitable niche cases I run across.

kewlmyc

A Robin team just fucked me up and ruined my best streak.

pxsMBJp.png

Like I don't think I experienced a total loss that bad since... ever. I'd be furious but it's Robin.

I wish I had a Robin :(

My Azura+Robin teamup pretty much ruins any Red unit that gets remotely close to me.

That and just waiting for Takumi to attack Robin instead of instigating the attack myself.

I'm keeping some of each class in case some months orb quests are kill x with y type unit. Besides, sending 3 stars and below gives such a pathetic amount of feathers, might as well keep them.

redcrayon

It seems like everyone is hitting this point. I've kinda accepted that I'm going to be wasting effort by training my 4*s, but on the other hand I enjoy messing around with teams in arena and I don't expect to 5* most of my characters since there are too many.
I think it's worth training a variety of 4* characters past level 20 as it's going to take a long time to get more than a handful promoted. Mission requirements seem to hint at a rounded roster being useful in future, and an 'optimum' approach of not levelling any 4* past 20 as it's a waste of time/stamina seems like hindering potential good options in exchange for a somewhat optimistic take on the availability of feathers to me. My arena team has two 4*, level 40 characters that I prefer over my third 5* character.

Velcro Fly

Nino strats worked. 7-2 cleared! Hector slain! :)

Also Hector flying across the whole map to lay the smack down on my Cordelia was a terrifying experience. But Nino smited him again!

Sushen

If you're having a hard time doing 7 deathless advanced arena wins, yes. If you're already doing fine she's only going to hurt your arena score.
I don't think I quite understand what you meant.. so she's useful in some cases?

I like Kagero but her HP is so low, she can get killed easily. I have Falicia, Tiki, and Selena for the spot to be upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom