• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 star team is solid, I have 23 gems and an additional 15 locked up in the last 3 lunatic chapters... I don't need to pull, yet o could have 2 solid 5 pulls if I do. Waiting for a decent new banner is hard...

ggx2ac

Just got Hinoka. Defense down though, resistance up.

C42tTI0VYAAtiN8.jpg

casiopao

It sucks her defense is down because one of her skills is Defiant Defense. That means she is less of a tank when it kicks in.

I think I have every flier that is available now.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edit: WAIT U don't have Catria there.^^ So i have some which u don't have hahahahah.T_T Give me that Minerva and Est Mrgrgrgr.T_T

ggx2ac

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edit: WAIT U don't have Catria there.^^ So i have some which u don't have hahahahah.T_T Give me that Minerva and Est Mrgrgrgr.T_T

No, I do have Catria.

It didn't sort her because she was in my current team.

champloo

I had Cordelia right now lol. Camilla also but on 4 star.T_T I wonder if i should make her 5 Star or not here.

What does Hinoka do for my team anyway?O_O

Hinoka has brave lance. brave weapon users can destroy Takumi before he can retaliate..
imo the bigger threats for a flier team are high defense units, not archers

ggx2ac

Hinoka has brave lance. brave weapon users can destroy Takumi before he can retaliate..
imo the bigger threats for a flier team are high defense units, not archers

Have you fought Takumi with a flier though?

Hinoka's attack is similar to Cordelia. Their Brave Lance can only get Takumi to half health before he counters and kills them.

Now I haven't gotten Hinoka to level 40 yet but, if her blazing wind special was ready before fighting Takumi, she would definitely beat him with that because she would get to deal damage before combat starts. It's the equivalent of Jeorge's special.

champloo

Have you fought Takumi with a flier though?

Hinoka's attack is similar to Cordelia. Their Brave Lance can only get Takumi to half health before he counters and kills them.

Now I haven't gotten Hinoka to level 40 yet but, if her blazing wind special was ready before fighting Takumi, she would definitely beat him with that because she would get to deal damage before combat starts. It's the equivalent of Jeorge's special.

I've fought and defeated some Takumis using my Camilla.. (with some buff)
I believe he was talking about building a flier team around Goad Flier though. with the buff it's probably enough to push them over the threshold

vareon

I want meatier missions for now. Events that are not completed in just a few minutes.

The game doesn't have a loot system, so there are really no incentives in replaying missions. They discouraged it, even.

Hmm.. 1.5x bonus exp event right now? There is a notice on the battle screen

Yes.

ggx2ac

I've fought and defeated some Takumis using my Camilla.. (with some buff)
I believe he was talking about building a flier team around Goad Flier though. with the buff it's probably enough to push them over the threshold

Takumi on average has 40HP and 25 Def so you need to deal at least 65 damage.

With Camilla, it is possible. My one has 42 attack, throw in the draconic aura special and it will increase her attack by 30% so about 12 extra damage.

So she'd be able to deal 54 damage in one hit and then 42 on the second. So that's 29+17 which is 46 damage after accounting for defense so, that means she can take Takumi down.

But it's hard to set that up. Even worse when you have to face more than one Takumi.

Now, Cordelia is problematic. She doesn't have any special to deal extra damage. I forgot that I have her using Galeforce when she has Astra. Still, it's difficult to set up when Astra has a 5 cooldown. It looks like she could take down Takumi with at least Night Sky but again, similar to Camilla, needs to setup because of cooldown.

Catria has a slight chance, but I think Takumi has to have his attack debuffed for that to happen and for her to hit twice with one of them doing Luna. She might even need some buffs too.

champloo

Takumi on average has 40HP and 25 Def so you need to deal at least 65 damage.

you need to take that 25 def into account twice so you probably meant 90 damage there.
which is the same to say my flier need to have 45+ atk after buffs. it's not very hard with supports from Goad Fliers or Hone Fliers.

mikemandey

This training tower is so annoying sometimes.. I'm leveling my lvl 35 units but the nearest towers both are lvl 39 and 31. One is too high and the other is too low

ggx2ac

So has it been confirmed that you get crystals by not losing a unit?

I haven't figured it out exactly.

I did the tenth stratum today and only got shards, not crystals.

I do remember getting crystals before even though I lost one unit.

Sölf

I haven't figured it out exactly.

I did the tenth stratum today and only got shards, not crystals.

I do remember getting crystals before even though I lost one unit.

Since we can still get small emblems in the high levels, I somehow wouldn't be suprised if there is not a guaranteed chance to get crystals, just a higher one at higher levels.

Gotchaye

Bonus experience is not that exciting. I have a level 31 Hawkeye I could be getting to 40 but that's about it. Obviously I have a bunch of other sub-40 heroes but the ones I care about are level 20 already and waiting for feathers.

Yeah, my biggest problem with heroes right now is the endgame is basically arena and nothing else is repeatable in any way worth doing.

I don't have any more orbs to earn, have only silver units left to level (waste of time) , and I dislike arena because I keep getting runs against max levels +5-10 whales breaking my streaks and it's not that fun anyway.

So there's not much reason left to play, which strikes me as a bad thing for the f2p mobile market.

Dragner

Yeah content is a bit of an issue. But thats a common problem with gacha games and worst for a newbie in the field like Nintendo. Lets hope they go better at it and pump content faster. 2 weeks for a 3 stages paralogue wont gonna cut it for too long.

Achtius

Bonus experience is not that exciting. I have a level 31 Hawkeye I could be getting to 40 but that's about it. Obviously I have a bunch of other sub-40 heroes but the ones I care about are level 20 already and waiting for feathers.

If the arena ended today, I can make Olivia into 5 star, which would help getting her to lvl 40 . Oh well.

Achtius

Yes. But she is 5* only (Hector rare) and not amazingly powerful on the current meta so you dont usually see a lot of her or Minerva.

I actually got a -speed/+res hinoka, she usually kill the other person before being countered twice. Not sure if -speed is bad on her or not due to her already low speed

GenG3000

I honestly think the game is made to eventually make you angry and go (back) to traditional FE. I try to like it and I enjoy it at times, but everytime I get into the arena I swear I want to uninstall the game and never go back.

It has a very explosive start but gets slower and slower until you have nothing else to do (as I am now).

The gatcha system is completely unfair and it's huge in the arena. I didn't complain about only having one 5* (Lucina, although I also have Hawkeye but does worse than most 4* I have) because I liked experimenting with the 3*s and 4*s I got, but at this point I my units don't have enough stats to counter some characters and get doubled by full 5* star team stars and die even against colors in disadvantage. It's not a matter of strategic skill or planning anymore.

If that's the intention of game is about I have to hand it to them, they did a great job.

explodet

If anyone is still needing to defeat a few more Level 35+ armor enemies for the 5-orb Lunatic quest, the Chapter 7-2 "Two Noblemen" Lunatic is a decent place to do it. Can knock out 2 armors for 18 stamina. I got impatient waiting for the last few armors to randomly appear in the Training Tower.
This is good advice, just don't do what I did and accidentally send in a bunch of lvl20s. Woof. Couldn't back out fast enough.

I honestly think the game is made to eventually make you angry and go (back) to traditional FE.
My SO isn't angry (yet) but she wants me to play through Path of Radiance!

I honestly think the game is made to eventually make you angry and go (back) to traditional FE. I try to like it and I enjoy it at times, but everytime I get into the arena I swear I want to uninstall the game and never go back.

It has a very explosive start but gets slower and slower until you have nothing else to do (as I am now).

The gatcha system is completely unfair and it's huge in the arena. I didn't complain about only having one 5* (Lucina, although I also have Hawkeye but does worse than most 4* I have) because I liked experimenting with the 3*s and 4*s I got, but at this point I my units don't have enough stats to counter some characters and get doubled by full 5* star team stars and die even against colors in disadvantage. It's not a matter of strategic skill or planning anymore.

If that's the intention of game is about I have to hand it to them, they did a great job.

Yeah, I'm kind of done with arena, I only really go in there to get my 7 wins if possible and if I don't I don't care, it's way too easy to get nuked out of nowhere on intermediate (been a while since I've dropped back to beginner).

I haven't actually done the Lunatic levels yet, but I'm already burning out just trying to finish Hard. It feels like I need to grind a bunch of characters a lot just to be able to complete 9-5, due to my only 5*s being blue mages. And since I need everyone in the high-30s, that means a ton of grinding of lower characters just to match up. Plus I actually don't have a lot of strong reds, contrary to everyone else.

Mupod

I hit a wall at the end of hard too. But after getting a Robin I was able to handle things again. Now I'm down to the last 5 Lunatic missions and I might need a more varied party of 40s to handle it. My luck with orbs has been incredibly bad, if anyone else went on a longer streak than 5.5% on one banner then I haven't seen it.

I do have a horde of 4* characters I can level, but once I clear Lunatic there won't be much to do as without better units I will never rank in arena anyways just due to it being tied to stat totals. On the upside I'm actually itching to get back to playing Fates, hell I got the SE when it came out and never made it through Birthright.

I'm kinda stuck on who to promote. I assumed it would be Camilla but then I learned about this IV nonsense, and she's -spd +res. Not actually that bad considering her brave axe but if it's going to take MONTHS to get feathers then I'll only promote perfect units. Or ones that cannot be found at 5* naturally.

We'll see what my Nowi looks like after I level her today. Or I could wait on femRobin.

Quonny

Yeah, I'm literally just logging in daily to clear one training tower map for the crystal and doing nothing else. And I still have 17 stamina bottles.

The fact that there's nothing to grind is frankly baffling. The lack of customization and character investment is going to kill the game.

Ponn

Banned
I think i'm spending too much time leveling up everyone i have. I just hate to leave anyone behind, same problem I had playing regular FE games. It's really hard for me to just pick a team of 4 and concentrate only on them.

I pulled again and got a 4* Felicia. I really want to level her and add her to a team but I already have some distance hitters that hit harder than she does. Her healing bonus is really helpful though. I also pulled a 5* Julia, I haven't been paying attention to these new heroes. Is she one of the new ones and is she good to level up? I'm trying to keep a mix of colors in my main party and I already have a green with my 5* Camilla. I also finally pulled an Oboro but she's only 3* and I already have my 4* Peri at level 36.

I really wish there was a way to merge different characters and gain different skills. Yea it may break the game but the merge option seems kinda pointless besides something to do with your lower level dupes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I hear that Julia has very strong attack but is a glass cannon. I ran into one in arena yesterday (5*, level 40 already? wtf), and made a point to take her out before she had a chance to attack.
Yes. But she is 5* only (Hector rare) and not amazingly powerful on the current meta so you dont usually see a lot of her or Minerva.
I have a Hinoka and I've been pretty underwhelmed by her. Maybe she has a bad nature or something, but she feels like a weaker Camilla. She has the double attacks but doesn't have the power behind it to kill, and her AoE skill isn't as useful as Camilla's Savage Blow.

Her flier-only buff seems really good though. Maybe someone with a lot of good fliers can assemble a team around her... and then get wrecked by Takumi lol.

Draxal

I hear that Julia has very strong attack but is a glass cannon. I ran into one in arena yesterday (5*, level 40 already? wtf), and made a point to take her out before she had a chance to attack.

Tbh, only thing to do if you beat the story is to level characters and she does have ATK, just below Lilina.

She's not a glass cannon perse, as she will win most mage encounters due to her high res.

Blue-kun

Been opening only blues trying to get a Ephraim, last night got a 5* Hinoka instead.

What an unfair world, my counter has reset now ;_;

fek

Azura is like SS tier because of her sing ability. This feels like a humble brag lol
For just singing/dancing isn't Olivia better? Azura has an offensive presence too so I'm thinking -atk is kinda bad. Gamepress was recommending +Atk when I checked.
Of course I'm going to use her anyway.

Golnei

The fact that there's nothing to grind is frankly baffling. The lack of customization and character investment is going to kill the game.

As well as more robust progression systems, I feel like a half-decent support system would have helped a lot there. Like in the main games, aside from any hypothetical stat benefits, unlocking support conversations would be an incentive to use characters that would otherwise be thrown away or completely ignored, and soften the blow of unlucky gacha streaks by giving units useless in gameplay some sort of unique reward associated with them. It'd be a much more tangible reward than the level-capping dialogue, and its effectiveness in providing a motivation to grind has already been demonstrated.

Azuran

Banned
Yeah, my biggest problem with heroes right now is the endgame is basically arena and nothing else is repeatable in any way worth doing.

I don't have any more orbs to earn, have only silver units left to level (waste of time) , and I dislike arena because I keep getting runs against max levels +5-10 whales breaking my streaks and it's not that fun anyway.

So there's not much reason left to play, which strikes me as a bad thing for the f2p mobile market.

That's why I haven't played the past 2 days besides logging in to get the orbs. There's absolutely nothing to do aside from leveling crap units and that takes forever because someone decided to have insane stamina costs for the training tower. Also, pulling bad units is just a killer. There's absolutely no reason for them to exist especially when you already have a set team. Nobody cares if Hinata and all those jobbers can make it to 5* if they're still going to pale in comparison to Lyn or Ryoma.

Pass. Call me when they finally add something exciting to this thing that doesn't make me wish I was playing better games.

I have been playing this game since launch and I'm still have hard story maps uncleared, lunatic untouched and units 5* at level 30. I play it casually and I feel the rythm of updates are good.

Maybe people playing this game way too much can see themselves hitting a wall but remember that this is a mobile version of FE.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
For just singing/dancing isn't Olivia better? Azura has an offensive presence too so I'm thinking -atk is kinda bad. Gamepress was recommending +Atk when I checked.
Of course I'm going to use her anyway.
Azura seems stronger than Olivia in combat. My own Olivia is pretty useless in a fight, but I ran into an Azura in Arena once and was surprised that she hits pretty damn hard when she decides not to sing/dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom