• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue-kun

I've been doing this as well, up to 4.25% off just blues lol.

I got some good 4 stars so far though.

Bunch of Catrias here, a Robin... yeah, it's not too bad. Soon I'll be running out of orbs though, lol. Hopefully I can pull one sooner rather than later, so I can start saving on orbs for future gacha.

Good luck, tho!

Sterok

I've long resolved to myself that I won't spend money on free to play games. I don't need to in order to enjoy them if they're good. For Heroes, I've got a decent team with my regular summons. And most characters I can do without. I won't pay for Takumi, or Hector, or Lilina, or even Ephraim. But Eirika. I'm not missing her, no matter what. So, I plopped down $40 to get enough orbs to get her. My first time, and likely my last for a long while. Took a few tries, but I got my Restoration Lady. In a sea of blues too. I'm satisfied now.

Well, she's -Attck, +Res which kind of sucks, but she's meant to be more of a booster anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

I also got another 5* Young Tiki out of the deal. Would like a non-Red 5* someday please. I'll probably end up merging her later, but I'll see.

So what would be best for my forth spot.

Locked in I have 5* Roy, Camilla, and Robin.

I have several 4*. Jeorge, Catria, Shanna, Felicia, Lissa, Olivia, adult Tiki, and Cecilia.

Or is Roy worth cutting for something else. He is susceptible but absolutely destroys tanks and green characters. Maybe Adult Tiki is a better red user though?

IceMarker

I hope they give us more ways to get stamina potions, especially with this XP event going on. All I want are more stamina potions, Nintendo!

Whelp, got my first 5 star from a pull but it was Marth and I have no intention of using him. Ah well, Professor Willow kindly put him into the chipper for me and now have candies feathers :p

If anyone is still needing to defeat a few more Level 35+ armor enemies for the 5-orb Lunatic quest, the Chapter 7-2 "Two Noblemen" Lunatic is a decent place to do it. Can knock out 2 armors for 18 stamina. I got impatient waiting for the last few armors to randomly appear in the Training Tower.
Thanks for this, I was just eyeing this mission up yesterday and wondering how best to tackle it XD

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bamboo 竹;230492395 said:
I have been playing this game since launch and I'm still have hard story maps uncleared, lunatic untouched and units 5* at level 30. I play it casually and I feel the rythm of updates are good.

Maybe people playing this game way too much can see themselves hitting a wall but remember that this is a mobile version of FE.

I'm playing it casual.

The problem is when you get a new unit they start at zero. So basically you have to just level them up to whatever your regular crew are which can be a boring grind.

I haven't even beaten normal yet.

Grinding characters is what's killing me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Whelp, got my first 5 star from a pull but it was Marth and I have no intention of using him. Ah well, Professor Willow kindly put him into the chipper for me and now have candies feathers :p

Marth is one of the best red swords o_O And a pretty unique skillset to boot.

DrArchon

Ugh. Getting orbs is such slow going once you've made it through the normal missions and most of the hard ones. It really sucks to only be able to get about 3 orbs every four hours because of the stamina costs. And I have no idea what I'm going to do once I finish up hard and lunatic. If they don't start adding in a bunch more story missions (I already beat all of the ones from the new banner) I might have to give up on this game.

At least I'm lucking out on the Arena though. No Robins or Hectors so far, but plenty of dragons and fliers for Marth and 2xTakumi to eat up.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm starting to get more generous with using crystals on new guys because what else am I gonna use them for?

If it's a strong attacker though, then I just level them up with a high level healer + dancer to support them. Strong units are easy to level up becaues they just mow through everything.

Mupod

Ugh. Getting orbs is such slow going once you've made it through the normal missions and most of the hard ones. It really sucks to only be able to get about 3 orbs every four hours because of the stamina costs. And I have no idea what I'm going to do once I finish up hard and lunatic. If they don't start adding in a bunch more story missions (I already beat all of the ones from the new banner) I might have to give up on this game.

At least I'm lucking out on the Arena though. No Robins or Hectors so far, but plenty of dragons and fliers for Marth and 2xTakumi to eat up.

I've only got the last chapter in Lunatic left.

This will actually take me a while because I only have one really overpowering force and that's Robin. Since I have no luck with 5* characters yet a huge number of decent 4* ones, my plan is to level up a bunch of alternate characters to swap in as needed. The 1.5EXP right now actually came at a good time.

But yeah, if I look at it as time invested for orbs, it's pretty absurd. And once those 5 are gone, it's just the drip feed of login bonuses and quests.

A simple fix could just be a gift from a character when they hit max level. I don't think a free orb would hurt much, due to the sheer stamina/crystal cost to max a character out. The payout could be commensurate with their star level if they're concerned about people leveling hundreds of shitty 2-3* characters. Or make it random or something.

redcrayon

I finally made it to 20,000 feathers, but rather than use it to promote one of my 4* units, I've used it to promote ten units from 3* to 4*. My reasoning is that I struggled with the 'kill level 35+ armour' and 'kill level 35+ units with cavalry' due to a lack of choice of high-level units to do it with. Seeing as my 4* units have been pulling their weight in the arena and I'm not overly fussed about my ranking, my roster will be much stronger after using the '1.5xp gain' promotion to round out my options a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to tailor strong teams to missions much more easily, as my arena team is reasonable but can't do everything.

A simple fix could just be a gift from a character when they hit max level. I don't think a free orb would hurt much, due to the sheer stamina/crystal cost to max a character out. The payout could be commensurate with their star level if they're concerned about people leveling hundreds of shitty 2-3* characters. Or make it random or something.

LoveLive does that and it's nice motivation to level up secondary characters there.

The End

Its relatively easy to work through Lunatic until late chapter 8 / early chapter 9. I finally found a use for all of those blessings of light i'd gotten from quests.

Mupod

What are the best options to rank up to 5*?

Personally I think it boils down to:

- 4* version of a high tier character with good base stats. For example I have a 4* Nowi, once I'm sure she's not something terrible like -speed she could be a likely candidate for promotion to 5.
- 4* version of a character that cannot be pulled as a 5* but is very good.

It'd be dependent on your team as well. Also Olivia is an amazing character and integral to my team, and also fits the second criteria. But I wouldn't burn 20k on her since 90% of the time she could do the same job at level 1.

muu

Personally I think it boils down to:

- 4* version of a high tier character with good base stats. For example I have a 4* Nowi, once I'm sure she's not something terrible like -speed she could be a likely candidate for promotion to 5.
- 4* version of a character that cannot be pulled as a 5* but is very good.

It'd be dependent on your team as well. Also Olivia is an amazing character and integral to my team, and also fits the second criteria. But I wouldn't burn 20k on her since 90% of the time she could do the same job at level 1.

It kills me that if Arena doesn't change its scoring format I'd be best served just upgrading Olivia. I got her to 40 as a 4* (at which point she provides 149 stats), her at 5* will be a huge boon for arena points. I love the Arena system for not forcing endless runs to be even relevant in rankings, but the point system needs some revamp.

Akuun

I'm torn between upgrading Effie or Robin from 4* to 5*. They're both good.

5* Effie's mobility is a gigantic pain in the ass and is a huge liability on some maps, but she's so goddamn strong once she gets close. I ran into one this morning, and my Camilla simply couldn't take her on, despite color advantage.

DrArchon

Its relatively easy to work through Lunatic until late chapter 8 / early chapter 9. I finally found a use for all of those blessings of light i'd gotten from quests.

I'm not having any trouble with the missions because lol 2xTakumi, I just don't have enough stamina to get through any significant number of them at any given time. I burned through all of my free stamina juice bottles, and now I'm waiting for 4 hours just to be able to complete three missions. It really sucks.

commish

I'm torn between upgrading Effie or Robin from 4* to 5*. They're both good.

5* Effie's mobility is a gigantic pain in the ass and is a huge liability on some maps, but she's so goddamn strong once she gets close. I ran into one this morning, and my Camilla simply couldn't take her on, despite color advantage.

As someone who uses Hector a lot, the lack of mobility usually isn't a big deal, at least not a big deal when you consider all they can bring to the table. You learn to just position your units in certain ways to bait your opponent to moving in closer where you want them. Still, on some maps (like when split), it can be annoying.

Just broke 3000 in the arena for the first time using my team of four stars. Robin (30), Nowi(30), Hana(31), and Wrys(25). I gotta say the synergy feels pretty great on this team.

Mupod

how is sheena? Mine came out as -atk +spd which seems useless for her. Unless +spd somehow lets her avoid being doubled. But I reaaaaally could use a green armor unit, so I'm gonna level her regardless just to have her.

DrArchon

how is sheena? Mine came out as -atk +spd which seems useless for her. Unless +spd somehow lets her avoid being doubled. But I reaaaaally could use a green armor unit, so I'm gonna level her regardless just to have her.

I had a 4 star Sheena in my prev. game and my biggest problem with her was her damage output. She couldn't hurt anything. I don't know if she was -atk or not, but her attack stat was just awful. But on the plus side she never took any substantial damage from anything.

I wouldn't expect a -atk Sheena to be killing anything, but she's probably great at baiting out attacks without suffering too much.

Akuun

As someone who uses Hector a lot, the lack of mobility usually isn't a big deal, at least not a big deal when you consider all they can bring to the table. You learn to just position your units in certain ways to bait your opponent to moving in closer where you want them. Still, on some maps (like when split), it can be annoying.
Do you have ranged units or fliers to try to make better use of space? I think one of my problems is that all my units are melee, with only one flier. So maps that confine me into one-square corridors (like that damn lava map, or the two bridges map) put me into very awkward positions if I have Effie with me.

Do you have ranged units or fliers to try to make better use of space? I think one of my problems is that all my units are melee, with only one flier. So maps that confine me into one-square corridors (like that damn lava map, or the two bridges map) put me into very awkward positions if I have Effie with me.

Yeah I've played some melee only teams and they can get really bad on certain maps.
I'd say you want 1 ranger unit and 1 cavalry/flier/dancer

commish

Yes the two bridges map is the bane of my existence. I don't use any ranged units but rely on Abel and Olivia to bait/redirect units to pick them off. It's not pretty though. If I knew I would have more than 1 fight on that map, I would probably switch my team up.

Hiltz

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which units would make a better team than the team I'm currently using below ?

Lucina Red star 5 Star
Hinoka Blue spear 4 Star
Catria Blue Spear 4 Star
Cecillia Green Tome 4 Star

What I have so far:

5 stars

Lucina Red Sword
Hinoka Blue Spear

4 Stars

Azama Red Healer
Azama Nuetral Mage
Hana Red Sword
Roy Red Sword
Gordin Neutral Bow
Selena Red Sword
Est Blue Spear
Oboro Blue spear (New obtained)
Subaki Blue (Newly obtained)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which units would make a better team than the team I'm currently using below ?

Lucina Red star 5 Star
Hinoka Blue spear 4 Star
Catria Blue Spear 4 Star

What I have so far:

5 stars

Lucina Red Sword
Hinoka Blue Spear

4 Stars

Azama Red Healer
Azama Nuetral Mage
Hana Red Sword
Roy Red Sword
Gordin Neutral Bow
Selena Red Sword
Est Blue Spear
Oboro Blue spear (New obtained)
Subaki Blue (Newly obtained)

I always feel that as long as you have your 3 colors covered, teh 4th should be a grey (so Gordin in this case). But I'm pretty new to all of this.

OVDRobo

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which uints would make a better team than the team Im currently using below ?

Lucina Red star 5 Star
Hinoka Blue spear 4 Star
Catria Blue Spear 4 Star

Replace Catria with Gordin or Azama based on circumstances. Two blue pegasus knights on one team is a bit redundant and dangerous if there's an archer around. Since Hinoka is 5* (I think), she's the better pick. If you got a better mage of any colour or another green unit, you could rework your team a bit.

There's better archers than Gordin and better healers than Azama, but given what you've got, they're probably your best options for now.

Hiltz

I always feel that as long as you have your 3 colors covered, teh 4th should be a grey (so Gordin in this case). But I'm pretty new to all of this.

Replace Catria with Gordin or Azama based on circumstances. Two blue pegasus knights on one team is a bit redundant and dangerous if there's an archer around. Since Hinoka is 5* (I think), she's the better pick. If you got a better mage of any colour or another green unit, you could rework your team a bit.

There's better archers than Gordin and better healers than Azama, but given what you've got, they're probably your best options for now.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mupod

Having used a dancer for a while I can't imagine dropping that from my team in favor of a colorless unit.

It's been funny watching Olivia slowly climb up that tier chart as people realize how good she is. I love her attack buff.

13randO

Is it worth the feathers to get Olivia to a 5 star? Or once she has all of her abilities, shes good to go? She only gets a stat increase and her silver sword + at 5 so I dunno if it would be ideal. Also, doesn't the arena get harder to more rarity stars you bring into it?

My team is currently:

5* Ephraim
5* Male Robin
5* Sheena
5* Tharja

Is there any changes i should make to this? My only other 5* is Raven, but my two highest units after that is a 4* Fir and 4* Marth.

I'm starting to feel tempted to use arena as a tool for setting up weird encounters for other players.

Right now I'm toying with the idea of setting a defence team of 3 armour units (with at least one or two that has the buff to fellow armoured units) and the tankiest healer I can find that has gravity :p

OVDRobo

Is it worth the feathers to get Olivia to a 5 star? Or once she has all of her abilities, shes good to go? She only gets a stat increase and her silver sword + at 5 so I dunno if it would be ideal. Also, doesn't the arena get harder to more rarity stars you bring into it?

AFAIK, Olivia's basically pointless to 5*. She's going to melt from being attacked by almost anything and her only utility is dancing. Stat increases and better weapons are pointless for a unit you need to do your best to stop from ever actually entering combat.

Having used a dancer for a while I can't imagine dropping that from my team in favor of a colorless unit.

It's been funny watching Olivia slowly climb up that tier chart as people realize how good she is. I love her attack buff.

I feel like the only way to level olivia is just use shards/crystals on her.

Dragner

2 Teams in a row with +10 Julia. Ok buddies, you whaled a bit I get it.You needed a +10 Julia to survive with 4HP to hector. But well done.

Velcro Fly

Yeah not getting an actual green unit in like four pulls means I'm going to have a hard time beating 7-2. Roy and Lyn get wrecked by the blue units and are unable to one shot Hector. Cordelia is eaten alive by the green units. Tanky blue units just fucking kill me because I have nothing at all to deal with them. Ugh

edit: I do have 4 star Nino. Time to level up.

Pejo

Think I'm going to resort to only pulling blues for a while. I REALLY want Azura, though that's incredibly unlikely to happen, but I also need stronger blue units in general. I'd love a Catria or Nowi as well.

Really the only good blue unit I have is Effie, and I don't generally like tank units. It'd be nicer if I knew I was getting a map with those stupid walls, since choke points are most important there.

Still have no idea which 4* to promote. I think I'm going to go against my first thought of male Robin, simply because it's possible to pull him at 5*. I want to focus on a max 4* pullable unit that's really good, I think. That way I won't pull a duplicate in a few weeks and get salty about the feathers wasted.

Tonton

What exactly do the [weapon]breaker skills do? I don't think i quite understand from the weapon description

Also I currently got Julia, Takumi, kid Tiki, Nowi and Kagero for 5 stars
Was thinking of running Takumi, Julia, Kagero and one of the dragons but not sure what would be best

Durden77

So Holy Vestments just seems like a worse buckler. Does this suck as bad as it seems? I like Eliwood a lot but I wish he didn't have this.

Sterok

My Olivia murders people with ease, so I don't know why people are having trouble leveling her. Of course she's super frail, but she can take on an axe soldier or low defense ranged units without much trouble. Or maybe mine is +Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom