• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcheim

On one hand, I'm glad I lucked out on getting 5*s without spending cash. On the other hand, all my 5*'s seem to have awful IV's in that whenever I go up against the same characters on the arena ( level 40 with no buffs), the opponent always seems to hit harder than my characters.

I usually end up losing 1-2 units for each victory in mirror matches.
...Actually, I think I've never been able to have all 4 units survive whenever I fight against Robin/Takumi/Lucina

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
They are five stars, but they're not my main team ones.

I have four female Corrins parked at four stars at level twenty waiting for the feather deluge.

That's a lot of FCorrins o_O. Planning to upgrade and merge them whenever feathers become more common?

Durden77

If a user has a brave weapon they do so on attack. If a unit can't counter if they opposing unit has plus five speed or more as well.

I understand that, but typically my Eliwood, who does not have a brave weapon, will attack twice if he has 5 or more speed than the opponent. But the second attack happens AFTER the opponent attacks back.

However there's sometimes where he just goes the fuck in and attacks twice without the opponent attacking back first.

Maybe I'm just not realizing something. May have been attacking a ranged unit or something.

ggx2ac

Alfonse is going to be the least popular Fire Emblem lord ever. He's so useless in his own game because he is superceded by so many Red Lords that people can already obtain.

They are five stars, but they're not my main team ones.

I have four female Corrins parked at four stars at level twenty waiting for the feather deluge.

I have four spare ones as well if I need to buff female Corrin.

Ayup. Long term goal is either her or nino, and Julia fills.the nino spot for me.

I also have spares of Nino.

_Legacy_

Alfonse is going to be the least popular Fire Emblem lord ever. He's so useless in his own game because he is superceded by so many Red Lords that people can already obtain.

I have four spare ones as well if I need to buff female Corrin.

I also have spares of Nino.

Damn, you going in son! I've only ever got three or four duplicates. How many summons have you done, sounds like a lot to me?

Ilvocare

I can't believe I live in a bizarro world where since Alfonse is my only lord, I've come to appreciate his utility even at 4*

my only 5* after 100+ orbs spent on pulls are Ephraim and Takumi so he actually is still sticking around on my team

I mean I could maybe replace him with Ogma but at the moment he's so buff that his raw attack stat trumps doubling with a weaker attack stat

and unlike Ogma he doesn't fucking explode immediately to ALL mages

just like a good 30% of them

also Sol allows him to maintain his health better than I expected, too

basically just because someone's richer than you doesn't mean you absolutely can't keep up no matter what

ggx2ac

Damn, you going in son! I've only ever got three or four duplicates. How many summons have you done, sounds like a lot to me?

Yes, I've done a lot of summons.

The worst is when I just keep getting duplicates of characters I don't even want.

Tsubaki, Shanna, Eliwood, etc. So many times I'd get them but I don't want them.

Shanna is actually not that bad, it's just I have so many 5* Pegasus Knights as it is.

Ilvocare

I understand that, but typically my Eliwood, who does not have a brave weapon, will attack twice if he has 5 or more speed than the opponent. But the second attack happens AFTER the opponent attacks back.

However there's sometimes where he just goes the fuck in and attacks twice without the opponent attacking back first.

Maybe I'm just not realizing something. May have been attacking a ranged unit or something.

I forget does Eliwood have Desperation?

to elaborate that is a skill some guys can learn that allows them to do their follow-up attack immediately if their health is lower than a set percentage

that's probably what it is

Lyn can do that too since she basically has desperation 2 attached to her Sol Katti

EDIT: Just checked, he does NOT have Desperation as a skill

it might be that you're getting attacked by an enemy who you can double and you're not realizing that since their attack comes first, the last two attacks HAVE to be Eli

ggx2ac

I can't believe I live in a bizarro world where since Alfonse is my only lord, I've come to appreciate his utility even at 4*

my only 5* after 100+ orbs spent on pulls are Ephraim and Takumi so he actually is still sticking around on my team

I mean I could maybe replace him with Ogma but at the moment he's so buff that his raw attack stat trumps doubling with a weaker attack stat

and unlike Ogma he doesn't fucking explode immediately to ALL mages

just like a good 30% of them

also Sol allows him to maintain his health better than I expected, too

basically just because someone's richer than you doesn't mean you absolutely can't keep up no matter what

You don't even need to be rich to get a good character.

The fact is there are so many 5* Red Lords available that the probability of you not being able to obtain one is impossible unless you happen to purposely avoid red orbs.

(5* Red Lords available now: Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Lyn, Eirika, Seliph, Male Corrin, Ryoma.)

Most people I've seen here chose to upgrade their Anna or Sharena to 5* because there are not many good 5* green/blue units to obtain from rolling without paying.

Ilvocare

The fact is there are so many 5* Red Lords available that the probability of you not being able to obtain one is impossible unless you happen to purposely avoid red orbs.

(Red Lords available now: Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Lyn, Eirika, Seliph.)

Most people I've seen here chose to upgrade their Anna or Sharena to 5* because there are not many good 5* green/blue units to obtain from rolling without paying.

and I'm fucking telling you that I have none of those

but I have Ephraim and I have Takumi and I'm training up Cecilia for mage duty/colorless handling

that just leaves a red slot that's going to alfonse because I don't fucking have anyone else

I've pulled all the orbs I can from the pulls I've been given, and I'm gonna be saving up another 60 or so orbs for the next banner that's worth a damn

jesus christ man

Kuga

My pulls so far:

Any suggestions on a team? Lucina & Camilla seem like obvious choices but I'm not sure who to team up w/ em. I wanna take advantage of the current XP bonus to level people up.

Lucina, Camilla, Olivia, and Robin (you can promote him to 4* for 2000 feathers. Corrin(F) works too but she isn't ranged and that team composition already has three melee heroes).

Dancing/Singing in general is very useful to grant an extra turn. Olivia is one of two units that can do it. Robin murders stuff (most notably Takumi). Lucina is a better choice than Roy. Camilla is a solid attacker that synergizes with Olivia.

ggx2ac

and I'm fucking telling you that I have none of those

but I have Ephraim and I have Takumi and I'm training up Cecilia for mage duty/colorless handling

that just leaves a red slot that's going to alfonse because I don't fucking have anyone else

I've pulled all the orbs I can from the pulls I've been given, and I'm gonna be saving up another 60 or so orbs for the next banner that's worth a damn

jesus christ man

I understand what you are saying.

But claiming that rich people are only able to obtain these other characters is the statement I had a problem with.

Totakeke

I have zero red lords (except for Alfonse) across the two accounts I'm playing until I got a 4* Marth yesterday. I've been rolling on full boards as well. So you're kind of overstating the impossibility. :)

Durden77

I forget does Eliwood have Desperation?

to elaborate that is a skill some guys can learn that allows them to do their follow-up attack immediately if their health is lower than a set percentage

that's probably what it is

Lyn can do that too since she basically has desperation 2 attached to her Sol Katti

EDIT: Just checked, he does NOT have Desperation as a skill

it might be that you're getting attacked by an enemy who you can double and you're not realizing that since their attack comes first, the last two attacks HAVE to be Eli

Hmmm that could be it. I think either way I just may not be paying attention. But Virion does it too sometimes. Probably just missing something.

I love my Eliwood though.

My first level 40, Ryoma is almost there as well but I ran out of stamina. Hopefully I can max out the rest of my team and get working on Sharena and Olivia like someone on this thread recommended.

OtqHJaB.png

ggx2ac

I have zero red lords (except for Alfonse) across the two accounts I'm playing until I got a 4* Marth yesterday. I've been rolling on full boards as well. So you're kind of overstating the impossibility. :)

I'm not wrong though. If you are just playing the game for free, you are still making the same amount of pulls that a person who paid money would make.

The only difference is it would take longer for a person playing it for free because of the rate they would earn orbs. It would still happen eventually, it's impossible to not get a 5* Red Lord unless you purposely avoid red orbs.

Ilvocare

I understand what you are saying.

But claiming that rich people are only able to obtain these other characters is the statement I had a problem with.

I meant richer as in those who are more fortunate to get more power for less, not necessarily in terms of "did you pay money to get extra chances in less time"

Just got to Back to Awakening and remembered how awesome Awakening's battle themes were.

and yet they never used divine decree once

cmon son

I'm not wrong though. If you are just playing the game for free, you are still making the same amount of pulls that a person who paid money would make.

The only difference is it would take longer for a person playing it for free because of the rate they would earn orbs. It would still happen eventually, it's impossible to not get a 5* Red Lord unless you purposely avoid red orbs.

if this is the tact you're going to take, then yes, as everything approaches the heat death of the universe it would theoretically become possible over time to achieve 100% probability for pulling a digital heroman from a gacha game

but I think most people are operating on a more real and timely scale than that

-COOLIO-

The Everyman

(5* Red Lords available now: Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Lyn, Eirika, Seliph, Male Corrin, Ryoma.)

I don't think it works like that man. You probably have a ~6% chance of getting a 5 star no matter what. I'm guessing the RNG first decides if you are getting a 5 star, and then after that it picks a random 5 star in that color category to give you.

Basically, I'm pretty sure you have a ~6% chance of getting a 5 star no matter what color you pick.

Draxal

So is Alfonse good? I always like to use each FEs BLUE HAIRED DUDE, so I'm working on slowly leveling him now. Is he worth it?

Not really, red using a weird spot so many good but nothing a huge cut above the rest. But the good units are all better than Alphonse.

ggx2ac

if this is the tact you're going to take, then yes, as everything approaches the heat death of the universe it would theoretically become possible over time to achieve 100% probability for pulling a digital heroman from a gacha game

but I think most people are operating on a more real and timely scale than that

Okay.

Ilvocare

I don't think it works like that man. You probably have a 6% chance of getting a 5 star no matter what. I'm guessing the RNG first decides if you are getting a 5 star, and then after that it picks a random 5 star in that color category to give you.

Baiscally, I'm pretty sure you have a 6% chance of getting a 5 star no matter what color you pick.

the more times you pull from a banner the higher the rates get for pulling a 5*

i.e. after pulling five heroes your chance of getting a 5* jumps to 6.5%

they reset when you actually succeed

So is Alfonse good? I always like to use each FEs BLUE HAIRED DUDE, so I'm working on slowly leveling him now. Is he worth it?

Alfonse is definitely good, but of course his apparent issue is that he's a good unit amongst a sea of similar GREAT units

doesn't stop me from using him

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the more times you pull from a banner the higher the rates get for pulling a 5*

i.e. after pulling five heroes your chance of gettin a 5* jumps to 6.5%

they reset when you actually succeed

I'm aware of that caveat, but I'm pretty sure you aren't more likely to get a 5 star hero by only cracking open red orbs as opposed to green.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
You actually are, this is where conditional probability comes in.

I don't see how conditional probability applies here.

In pseudocode. I would assume it works like this:

if (random_number_from_1_to_100 <= 6){
return random_5_star_from_chosen_color
}

On every single roll, the chance of getting a 5 star here is 6%

I don't see how conditional probability applies here.

In psuedocode. I would assume it works like this:

if (random_number_from_1_to_100 <= 6){
return random5StarFromChosenColor
}

On every single roll, the chance of getting a 5 star here is 6%

You're assuming the game chooses color first.

This is wrong, the game just adds the appropriate colors after the roll.

Durden77

Not really, red using a weird spot so many good but nothing a huge cut above the rest. But the good units are all better than Alphonse.

Alfonse is definitely good, but of course his apparent issue is that he's a good unit amongst a sea of similar GREAT units

doesn't stop me from using him

I see. Yeah I've noticed on every bamner the reds are intense. Makes sense. Oh well, I'm good on not summoning for a while, so I may still keep going with him. Kinda wanna get him to 5* just to do it. Eliwood's a solid red, but eh my as well.

The example i put assumes the player has already chosen a color.

*sigh*

The chance of a red focus 5* is 1.5%, the chance of a non-focus red 5* is ~1.11%, the chance of any red is ~32.2%.

Given that, for any red summon you pull from you have a P(5*|red)~(1.5+1.11)/32.2=8.09% chance of pulling a 5*.

That's slightly higher than green (7.22%) and blue (6.04%), and way higher than colorless (2.26%).

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
*sigh*

The chance of a red focus 5* is 1.5%, the chance of a non-focus red 5* is ~1.11%, the chance of any red is ~32.2%.

Given that, for any red summon you pull from you have a P(5*|red)~(1.5+1.11)/32.2=8.09% chance of pulling a 5*.

That's slightly higher than green (7.22%) and blue (6.04%), and way higher than colorless (2.26%).

Admittedly, I'm not sure what the difference between a focus 5* and a regular 5* is but the appearance rate dialogue lists both as 3%. where does the 1.5% come from?

You're assuming the game chooses color first.

This is wrong, the game just adds the appropriate colors after the roll.

Oh, i just noticed your edit. we're assuming different things. I'm assuming the hero hasn't already been picked by the time you see those 5 orbs. You're assuming it has, correct?

ggx2ac

Admittedly, I'm not sure what the difference between a focus 5* and a regular 5* is but the appearance rate dialogue lists both as 3%. where does the 1.5% come from?

The current banner has two red focus units.

If you picked a red orb that got the 3% chance to pick a focus unit, then there's only two to choose from so there's a 1.5% chance that you got either.

Ilvocare

What are good ranged units? Virion's not cutting it anymore.

I was planning to type "literally anyone else" but that'd just be a shitpost

pretty sure Saizo and Kagero are good, there's a couple of mages that're pretty good like Nino and MRobin

uh

I mean if you have a ranged 5* unit they're probably better than Virion by default

I'm assuming you don't

in regards to other archers, Niles and Jeorge exist

Shun

I wanted to know. Does Ephraim's Seal Def and Threaten Defense stack on an enemy?

Can an enemy end up losing 12 defense from both of those skills?

It doesn't stack, that would be broken and redundant.

It's still good because it helps your other units pick off those who have Defense Down.

Jims

+DEF/-RES Camilla, not horrible. The 3 extra points of defense might help her survive an extra turn when picking someone off. Would've just preferred ATK, though.

Man, this 1.5x experience is spoiling me. Leveling is sooooooo much faster now.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
The current banner has two red focus units.

If you picked a red orb that got the 3% chance to pick a focus unit, then there's only two to choose from so there's a 1.5% chance that you got either.

Ah, got the focus thing now, but even then, the algo could work this way:

player picks color -> if rng is between 1-3 pick from random 5 star focus hero for this color -> if rng 4-6 pick random 5star non focus hero for this color -> if rng is 7-100 pick a 3-4 star for this color.

this would still mean that colourless has a lower chance of getting a 5 star because there are no focus heroes for colorless, but in this scenario, only colourless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom