• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrk8885

Banned
Definitely lost my motivation after two straight all 3-star summon sessions (20 orbs /5 characters each).

I've enjoyed my time with FE heroes but I'm gonna go back to FE GBA I do believe.

Dreavus

I'll have another pull tonight, and then that's it for a while, lol. Are the daily stones even a permanent thing, or was that ending soon?

Hopefully they drum up some events that are worth playing for a while.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Olivia being weak in combat is a bit exaggerated - she has 20+ defense and res and very solid speed so most things can't double attack her and you would need well over 50 attack to one shot her - so she definitely can take hit from non blue attacks. And since she had solid speed she can double attack a lot of enemies.

The only one decently ranked in tier list so far is Eirika and she is red sword which was most common in first banner so I'd say it's perfectly skippable (outside of waifu factor :D )

I never thought that she was weak (she has 37 ATK), I thought that Chrom's ridiculous strength might 1HKO her. His max lvl 40 ATK is 53 :). I didn't check this one's attack though so I had 6 HP left.

Gotchaye

I think in an attempt to keep it simple my original post lost some of the details. What I was trying to differentiate was that the improvement depended on what you were actually going for. If you just want 5* units, then yes as a whole it's +3%, but if you want specific units then it matters how many of that unit's color are in the focus because they dilute the pool if you're pulling a specific color. By picking a color, you effectively remove a lot of units from the pool. And everything else being equal, you're more likely to get the focus unit you want when it's the only one of that color left in the focus pool.

The dilution due to extra focus units is pretty insignificant, though - that's what I'm trying to get at.

Suppose that there were 2 green focus heroes and only 1 red focus hero. Are you more likely to get the particular focus hero you want from a green or a red stone? Green. Actually you're almost twice as likely to get the particular green focus hero you want even though there are twice as many green focus heroes. The pool of possible heroes that might come out of a stone is dominated by 3*s and 4*s.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'll have another pull tonight, and then that's it for a while, lol. Are the daily stones even a permanent thing, or was that ending soon?

Hopefully they drum up some events that are worth playing for a while.

They extended the 2 daily orbs until March iirc. It was supposed to originally end on 2/15.

Alucrid

Banned
Can you really resist the thrill of the pull?

Unless you want one of the banner characters badly, wait.

i could not, but i probably should have

xnvFOQol.jpg

Firemind

Hector is dead weight if you have the right counter, if you don't then he's virtually unstoppable.

Kagero is easily dealt with by a flier. My Cordelia one shots her.
The idea is that Olivia offers superior mobility and Kagero can attack from range. Brave weapon users are usually easy targets because of the -5 Spd penalty, even cavalry. She doesn't have a triangle weakness, remember. They can be used together to kite armored units as well.

Of course I wasn't talking about her in a defense team. She shines when you want to earn a 7 win streak.

Tomorrow I will have 181 orbs, only spend 20 orbs on my first Roll and everything else into the castle

Will spend everything for Ike, hope the game doesn't betray me

Kansoku

I give up. I've been trying to get a Julia because I have no decent greens, nor decent mages. I've used the 60 orbs I had saved up for this next banner, plus did a bunch of 1 orb rolls, because fuck me greens almost never appear. I've used all my orbs, I have only 3 chapters of Lunatic left, and not only I haven't got Julia (nor any other decent green for the matter), I haven't got any 5* in the process and my rates are up to 4.25% each (for a total of 8.5%). Fuck gatcha. :(

Cerium

I give up. I've been trying to get a Julia because I have no decent greens, nor decent mages. I've used the 60 orbs I had saved up for this next banner, plus did a bunch of 1 orb rolls, because fuck me greens almost never appear. I've used all my orbs, I have only 3 chapters of Lunatic left, and not only I haven't got Julia (nor any other decent green for the matter), I haven't got any 5* in the process and my rates are up to 4.25% each (for a total of 8.5%). Fuck gatcha. :(

Kansoku, do what I'm doing and wait for Female Robin who was datamined in the latest update. They're going to be giving her away like Narcian, probably next week.

She is a green mage. If she's any good, I plan on spending my feathers to upgrade her to 5*.

Kansoku

Kansoku, do what I'm doing and wait for Female Robin who was datamined in the latest update. They're going to be giving her away like Narcian, probably next week.

She is a green mage. If she's any good, I plan on spending my feathers to upgrade her to 5*.

Ohhh, I knew about her, but didn't know she was going to be a Green Mage. Nice.

Draxal

I feel like this weakness is overstated in Kagero's case, and completely ignored for many other characters (Robin, Takumi, Linde, etc)

153 is a good amount lower than 159/162/164. Robin and Takumi are bonus characters and Linde is 11 points higher and the best pure nuker in the game.

Takumi and Linde have decent scores, Robin is on the low side but is a bonus character that counters another bonus, Kagero's stats are the lowest in the game.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So right now I have about 43 orbs, and I have only the last 3 chapters in lunatic left along with the 5 orbs you can get from a quest. Wondering whether I should even risk pulling at all on this banner? I would really like Eirika and Julia wouldn't be too bad, but I'm also afraid of not getting her and losing my last orbs lol. It sucks that Ephraim & Seliph aren't all that great either, because I do like all the characters in the banner in their respective games :/.

I currently have:
5* lvl 39 Takumi (+ATK, -RES)
4* Abel (L35), 4* Gunter (L35), 4* Olivia (L33 +ATK) (these 4 are my current party)
along with:
Other 4*s: Anna, Sharena, Florina, Cecilia, Fir (all around 28-31), & Marth, Barst, (20-22)
I have no other Lords, Robins/Corrins, etc. in case you were wondering, and I do have all of the freebie units.

What kind of members do you think my team needs? I'm thinking I need a stronger Red. Olivia is decent, but she's honestly too busy dancing the other units the vast majority of the time. I guess if I get feathers, I can upgrade the Marth to be that?

With Blue I have 4* Abel, but I find him not that great. He's good against the red swords, but I feel like that's really it. His attack is still fairly low (like 30 thanks to the Brave Lance) so he's useless against Tiki or anyone with decent DEF. I hear Sharena might work here plus she buffs?

Currently using Gunter, but it wouldn't hurt to have another good attacker instead. If so, I'd like a mage, but if there's a phys unit, I'm guessing Anna would be good?

Nevertheless, without pulling my entire contingency plan relies on lots and lots of feathers T_T (upgrading Marth, Anna & Sharena to 5* most likely).

P.S. In case you say reroll, I have 2 other accounts that I rerolled recently and saved off that I'm grooming and are much earlier on in the rolls (only have done 2 rolls total on each and they have both have 5* Marth & 5* Lucina).

Outside of the present maps and daily rewards, I've only got 10 summon stones left to earn (+ My Current 11) so only one more pull left.

Wonder if it'll be as bad as the last two.

PK Gaming

153 is a good amount lower than 159/162/164. Robin and Takumi are bonus characters and Linde is 11 points higher and the best pure nuker in the game.

Takumi and Linde have decent scores, Robin is on the low side but is a bonus character that counters another bonus, Kagero's stats are the lowest in the game.

The differences are incredibly minor. A difference of 42-77 points isn't going to matter unless you're score-chasing, and you aren't going to use any of those characters to begin with if you are.

Vena

Given the way arena works off of stat totals, would the most "ideal team" for the highest realizable score possible be a team of four fatties with the highest stat totals in the game? Hector, Sheena, Draug, and Effie? Exploit AI to win and get the highest possible Arena score.

Draxal

Given the way arena works off of stat totals, would the most "ideal team" for the highest realizable score possible be a team of four fatties with the highest stat totals in the game? Hector, Sheena, Draug, and Effie? Exploit AI to win and get the highest possible Arena score.

You can but it's risky, as you start running into +characters as +10 adds 20 overall to a rating. Manakete in general also have high ratings.

Vena

You can but it's risky, as you start running into +characters as +10 adds 20 overall to a rating. Manakete in general also have high ratings.

Well, hyper-ideally, you'd be running +10s of all of said fatties in the extreme scenario.

Tiki-loli and Nowi seem to be the closest to Sheena (who appears to be the lowest fattie at 180) with 178 and 177 respectively, which also matches Seliph and Sharena.

The differences are incredibly minor. A difference of 42-77 points isn't going to matter unless you're score-chasing, and you aren't going to use any of those characters to begin with if you are.

Well you are score chasing if we are talking about getting into top 10k or less among millions of people playing.

Pau

Think I'm gonna just save my orbs until we get Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn characters. Then I can cry about not pulling them.

LProtag

My team seems like it should be pretty good, but I get wrecked sometimes. I'm running:

Lucina
Takumi
Robin
Effie

and I have Camilla, Sheena, and Raven all as backup 5*'s, but none of them seem to be good enough to go on the team.

I've also got a 4* Nowi that I think is next on my promotion list.

I am swimming in 4* at the moment. Decided to pull again after grinding orbs in Lunatic and got 4* Fae, Caeda, Lilina, and Fir. Also got my third 3* Robin! Need this arena to end so I can collect feathers.

Going to have some tough choices as to who to promote,unless the game wants to be awesome and throw me a cool 5*

onionfrog

I told myself I was only going to do a few single pulls...

I ended up burning through 65 orbs. But I got Julia and a 4 star Olivia so I guess I can't complain.

rockx4

I haven't paid attention to the tier list in a while, but Sharena is so high. I think I'm gonna upgrade my Robin to 5*, but I also want to wait on female Robin.

Cerium

If I were to bother promoting something now my candidates would be

4* Olivia
4* Effie
3* Sharena
3* Anna
3* Robin

Still waiting on FemRobin.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, I have 2 3* Robins, one with +Atk, -Def and one with +Atk, -Res. Which one is preferred. I raised the -Def one to lvl 20 and was about to upgrade it when I had this question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom