• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiages

Banned
I understand that, but typically my Eliwood, who does not have a brave weapon, will attack twice if he has 5 or more speed than the opponent. But the second attack happens AFTER the opponent attacks back.

However there's sometimes where he just goes the fuck in and attacks twice without the opponent attacking back first.

Maybe I'm just not realizing something. May have been attacking a ranged unit or something.

Could it be his Axebreaker skill...?

Fire Emblem Heroes Wiki said:
Axebreaker 1 - 50 - If unit's HP ≥ 90% in combat against an axe user, unit makes a follow-up attack and the foe cannot.

Lucina, Camilla, Olivia, and Robin (you can promote him to 4* for 2000 feathers. Corrin(F) works too but she isn't ranged and that team composition already has three melee heroes).

Dancing/Singing in general is very useful to grant an extra turn. Olivia is one of two units that can do it. Robin murders stuff (most notably Takumi). Lucina is a better choice than Roy. Camilla is a solid attacker that synergizes with Olivia.
Awesome, thanks! I like the dancing mechanic, sounds like a fun team. Time to do some leveling.

ggx2ac

So it took me roughly 24 hours to level up Hinoka from 1 to 40.

I did use shards to level her up from 16 to 20 because I had a lot of them but that was it. That wasn't Hinoka that I used shards on, I remember now that it was Effie.

So, it probably would have taken almost two days without the 1.5x exp bonus.

Now I'm remembering that I did use the free stamina potion I got from the login bonus.

C47dwEkVYAAkz12.jpg

Edit: Speed up, resistance down would have been good. Too bad my one has Defense down resistance up.

ggx2ac

This is what its like to be a f2per and where everything but one TIki-loli you've had to promote! :p

Oh well, time to save up another 20 orbs. Which at this point will be in... 10 days?

I wonder if they'll keep the 2 orbs login bonus per day permanent or reduce it to 1 orb per day.

I'm also wondering what "Rewards" the training tower will give on Monday. It has to be something that isn't badges and crystals.

Either it's feathers, stamina potions, dueling crests or orbs.

I'm going to guess it's only feathers you'd be able to farm while one of the others is just a one-time bonus.

Squarehard

I wonder if they'll keep the 2 orbs login bonus per day permanent or reduce it to 1 orb per day.

I'm also wondering what "Rewards" the training tower will give on Monday. It has to be something that isn't badges and crystals.

I'm going to guess it's only feathers you'd be able to farm while one of the others is just a one-time bonus.
The 2 orb bonus was supposed to come to an end sooner, but they extended it to 3/13 instead.

We'll see if they'll extend that again once the end nears again, or change it to 1 a day, but for now, just take it in. :D

Golnei

A hypothetical crossover with Kid Icarus was a topic of conversation a while back, and now that someone's done a mockup, it's clear Pit fits the Heroes chibi style fairly well.

I hope they don't refuse to take the opportunity to include at least some cameos from other series eventually.

Any tips on beating 9-5 on lunatic? That sorceress girl destroys my team every time.

I honestly had to give up and use a lights blessing thing to beat it. It's not like I was going to use them for anything else, and they're plentiful.

It being feathers or orbs would be nice, I doubt it's stamina potions, but honestly I'm thinking it could just be another day of random badges like at the weekend, which seems most likely. I doubt it's orbs because that'd be amazingly good.

Cerium

A hypothetical crossover with Kid Icarus was a topic of conversation a while back, and now that someone's done a mockup, it's clear Pit fits the Heroes chibi style fairly well.

I hope they don't refuse to take the opportunity to include at least some cameos from other series eventually.

Super Smash Gatcha

I honestly had to give up and use a lights blessing thing to beat it. It's not like I was going to use them for anything else, and they're plentiful.

It being feathers or orbs would be nice, I doubt it's stamina potions, but honestly I'm thinking it could just be another day of random badges like at the weekend, which seems most likely. I doubt it's orbs because that'd be amazingly good.
Ah forgot about those light blessings, just used one now and finally beat her. Feels like cheating though.

Velcro Fly

Finished chapter 8 on normal. Took me two tries because I was dumb and left Roy in range instead of Nino. Once it was 5 on 3 it was a lost cause.

The Nino carries are real. Having a balanced team with some solid lords, a flying unit that is good, and a green unit that is also ranged has been a big help, especially on maps with 5 enemies.

Nino honestly shreds anything.

Had 22 orbs, and selected the banner for the first time. I was thinking of passing on this one, but I just couldn't control myself. I saw 4 Red Orbs and 1 Green Orb. Pulled the Red Orb, and got 3* Beruka (a duplicate). Exited immediately, because I don't want Red right now.

I went back in, and saw 4 Green Orbs and 1 Red. I was hoping for Colorless, but Green gives me a chance to pull new units. I went clockwise on this board, and I was getting nervous seeing 3* after 3*. I finally saw the white smoke, and Julia saved the day.

Julia has a neutral nature. This especially makes up my crappy start with the training.

The chances of getting 5* at 3.00% are surprisingly high in this game.

Any hints about who to take to 5 stars? Should be able to do one after this area season ends

Kagero is pretty good. She is effective against infantry which are most characters. She counters a lot of popular units in arena. I also think Tharja is good. I only have her 4* but her weapon which gets stronger when buffed makes her hit pretty damn hard and can even take on characters like Takumi no problem. She also is great at initiating due to her speed ability.

OVDRobo

Any hints about who to take to 5 stars? Should be able to do one after this area season ends

I speak from experience when I say that Robin's one of the best blue units in the game. Nowi's also a good choice if you really don't like him for some reason or want other people to think of you as a pedophile.

Chrom would be a decent red pick and balance out your team a bit, but there's a lot of better red swords out there.

Kagero and Cordelia are also good options.

To be honest, you've got a lot of really good units just short of their potential since you pulled them as 4* instead of 5*.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Kagero is pretty good. She is effective against infantry which are most characters. She counters a lot of popular units in arena. I also think Tharja is good. I only have her 4* but her weapon which gets stronger when buffed makes her hit pretty damn hard and can even take on characters like Takumi no problem. She also is great at initiating due to her speed ability.

I speak from experience when I say that Robin's one of the best blue units in the game. Nowi's also a good choice if you really don't like him for some reason or want other people to think of you as a pedophile.

Chrom would be a decent red pick and balance out your team a bit, but there's a lot of better red swords out there.

Kagero and Cordelia are also good options.

To be honest, you've got a lot of really good units just short of their potential since you pulled them as 4* instead of 5*.

Thanks for the advice. My bias would be Cordelia I think but others might be more helpful. I'll pick one of the mentioned once after I get the feathers though

Sölf

This is kinda soft spoilers for FE4 maybe, so you might wanna mark it

I am pretty sure we will get more of those "spoilers", but I am not sure if you can blame Nintendo for using stuff from their old games (even if it sucks for westerners, where the game was never officially available).

Dragner

mrm6uiPl.png

My Selphie has +SPD and still slow as fuck. But can work with hone spd I guess. If he isnt doubled he is a monster. Also 178 total stats.

GenG3000

I hate the bridge map with a passion.

When I'm against a Robin and Takumi combo I just quit the match. I can deal with one of them but not the two. And since all my good units are melee I cannot reposition them smoothly.

ChrisD

4,246 in Arena with Lucina/Robin/Takumi/Frederick; Takumi got to 40 with the last unit kill, Lucina has been 40, but the other two are 38 and 37. Lost one unit in Round Six. Not sure how I could have maneuvered to avoid it, though. :/

Hoping it gets me a bit extra in feathers!

ggx2ac

I hate the bridge map with a passion.

When I'm against a Robin and Takumi combo I just quit the match. I can deal with one of them but not the two. And since all my good units are melee I cannot reposition them smoothly.

Nino or Julia easily takes care of that.

Robin can't deal good against them and if their attack is high enough including buffs, you can easily one shot Takumi.

Edit: Oh wait, you might need Julia to have Dragon Fang ready against Takumi. Her speed is too low to be able to attack twice.

Or, if Julia has 52 attack. Hone attack adding +4 to attack is enough to take out the average Takumi.

Edit 2: I am having a look at melee units that could be good and Sheena seems like she could tank both of them well. Obviously Hector would be the best for countering both.

Any tips on beating 9-5 on lunatic? That sorceress girl destroys my team every time.

Seems you've already beaten her with a Light's Blessing, but I wanna throw an idea out there:

Why not use Roy or another Red Triangle Adept? +-40% means Roy could obliterate Veronica for free. Sure, he'll get blown up by a blue afterwards, but you've still eliminated the biggest threat.

Seems you've already beaten her with a Light's Blessing, but I wanna throw an idea out there:

Why not use Roy or another Red Triangle Adept? +-40% means Roy could obliterate Veronica for free. Sure, he'll get blown up by a blue afterwards, but you've still eliminated the biggest threat.

Yep he does - I had to use Blessing on normal but Lunatic went on first attempt due to Veronica showing herself to Roy

ggx2ac

Adding from my past posts.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=230472977

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=230474743

I will summarise this here.

How much damage does a weapon deal?

(Atk*Multiplier) - Def = dmg

or

(Atk*Multiplier) - Res = dmg

So that is, your attack times the multiplier subtracted by the enemy defense or resistance which equals your damage. (Damage values are always rounded up when above .5)

Weapons triangle:

On the weapon triangle, red beats green, green beats blue, etc.

If you have a weapon advantage on the weapon triangle, it will increase your attack by approximately 18% or 1.18 for your multiplier when you want to calculate it using the formula above.

If you have a weapon disadvantage on the weapon triangle, it will decrease your attack by 18% or 0.82 when you want to calculate it.

Same weapon colours give a multiplier of 1 so it is neutral.

Effective weapons:

If you are using a weapon that will be effective against a unit type, it will increase your attack by approximately 48% or 1.48 when you want to calculate it.

This includes weapons such as bows, poison daggers, armourslayers, hammers and heavy lances.

When armourslayer which is red fights against a green armoured unit. The multiplier increases from 1.48 to 1.76 so you have a 76% increase to your attack.

When a red armourslayer fights a blue armoured unit. The multiplier goes from 1.48 to 1.19, your attack increase is only 19%.

Gem weapons:

Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire weapons increase your weapon triangle damage further or decrease it. It notes a 20% increase in damage in the weapon description.

If you have a weapon advantage with your gemmed weapon, it will increase your damage by 39% or 1.39 for the multiplier when you want to calculate it.

If you have a weapon disadvantage with your gemmed weapon, it will decrease your damage by 39% or 0.61 for the multiplier when you want to calculate it.

Same colour weapons are neutral again.

Weapons that give advantage over colourless foes:

I just tested it with Robin and it is not the same as having an effective weapon bonus.

It is the same as having a triangle weapon advantage.

So Robin, Cecilia and whoever else with their tomes that give a weapon advantage against colourless units gives an increase of 18% to their attack or 1.18 for the multiplier.

Staves:

Healers who use staves have a 29% damage decrease to their attack when entering combat.

That is approximately 0.71 for the multiplier when calculating it.

Danj

Hey so I figured out how to stream from my phone using Youtube Gaming, so here's a stream I did of me playing the game (I suck by the way, this bit is me trying to level up Alfonse so I can unlock him to the next star level).

kswiston

Do we have an idea of what is comming in the next focus banner? As nice as it would be to get Eirika or Julia, I'm not sure I want to pull a fourth time on this banner.

Draxal

Do we have an idea of what is comming in the next focus banner? As nice as it would be to get Eirika or Julia, I'm not sure I want to pull a fourth time on this banner.

The datamined one is Hawkeye, fir, Maria, and adult tiki, we don't know anymore details but that.

Achtius

I think I am used to using high attack and high speed range heroes, trying to level up chrom is a pain and he gets doubled like crazy.

ggx2ac

It's just x1.2 rounded down for weapon advantage and x0.8 rounded up for weapon disadvantage. For triangle adept it's x1.4 and x0.6. I've checked the calculations before, they match

I didn't round the multipliers because it wasn't giving the correct damage.

ggx2ac

Do you have an example that contradicts that? So far that formula always works for me.

Never mind. I re-read what you said and checked it.

It works as well from the looks of it, I must have made a mistake last time when using those multipliers you mentioned.

It's just I obtained the 18% figure for example from taking the (damage dealt plus enemy defense or resistance) divided by the player's attack stat. Hence giving an approximation of 1.18.

The above is just from rearranging the formula I gave.

Multiplier = (Dmg+Def)/Atk

Or

Multiplier = (Dmg+Res)/Atk

ggx2ac

Nice work, only thing you're missing is that healers seem to have a 0.5 or so multiplier after damage is worked out :eek:
Still weirds me out that they do that as I don't think it mentions it anywhere in the game.

I have just checked and will be adding it

Healers have a 29% damage decrease with their staves when they enter combat or approximately a multiplier of 0.71 for their attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom