• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

1upsuper

I'd like to get some advice on which of my accounts to stick with and which to drop, but I was wondering if people prefer screenshots of the edit team screen, or just a text list of the names and star ratings. I've been keeping a notepad doc but I want to do whatever is most convenient, since I know people are probably tired of these sorts of posts.

Cerium

Who is more worthy of being 5*?

My 5* are Robin, Roy, Camilla and Abel
Kagero, probably.

FemCorrin isn't a bad choice but you already have Robin holding down the blues. So yeah definitely Kagero.

I'd like to get some advice on which of my accounts to stick with and which to drop, but I was wondering if people prefer screenshots of the edit team screen, or just a text list of the names and star ratings. I've been keeping a notepad doc but I want to do whatever is most convenient, since I know people are probably tired of these sorts of posts.
Text.

Prototype

Well, I'm out.
It's decently fun game, and the gatcha was generous, but there simply isn't anything to do. Beyond build up units I likely will never use. I also really dislike the chibi/cute artsyle.
Hopefully they release a full fledged fire emblem at some point on mobile. The format and touch controls work great with the genre. There just isn't enough compelling content here.
6/10
Worth playing for a bit, but long term play is only for hardcore fire emblem fans.

Achtius

Well, I'm out.
It's decently fun game, and the gatcha was generous, but there simply isn't anything to do. Beyond build up units I likely will never use. I also really dislike the chibi/cute artsyle.
Hopefully they release a full fledged fire emblem at some point on mobile. The format and touch controls work great with the genre. There just isn't enough compelling content here.
6/10
Worth playing for a bit, but long term play is only for hardcore fire emblem fans.

i ran out of stuff to do too, all my 5* are max level, so i am just randomly leveling up with 3*s

Cerium

TBH I would hold off.

He doesn't have a colorless and Kagero would bring a lot more to his team than either Abel or Camilla.

She's S Tier.

Well, I'm out.
6/10
More content is surely coming, I just hope they get it out fast enough.

Scratch

looking to promote one of my 4*s to a 5*

My main arena team is Nowi, Hector, Marth, and Abel/Takumi. Mainly looking to swap abel/tacomeat out for either Corrin (F) or Effie.

Wat do?

Effie is +atk/-def
Corrin F is +spd/-def

Cerium

looking to promote one of my 4*s to a 5*

My main arena team is Nowi, Hector, Marth, and Abel/Takumi. Mainly looking to swap abel/tacomeat out for either Corrin (F) or Effie.

Wat do?

Effie is +atk/-def
Corrin F is +spd/-def
Nowi is better than either of those, honestly.

If you must, replace Abel with Corrin.

1upsuper

Thanks, here we go.

So I've brought these six accounts through just about all of normal mode and I am getting burned out juggling all of them every day. I'd like to pare it down to just 3 to focus on, if possible, and I could really use some advice on which to stop focusing on. I apologize for the wall of text below:

Account 1:
5 stars:
Lyn
Julia

4 stars:
Effie
Cherche
Sophia x2
Wrys

Account 2:
5 stars:
Takumi

4 stars:
Effie
Lilina
Beruka
Sophialeo
Abel x2
Subaki
Barst

Account 3:
5 stars:
Lyn
Leo

4 stars:
Sophia
Marth
Subaki
Chrom

Account 4:
5 stars:
Catria
Marth

4 stars:
Female Corrin
Tiki
Camilla
Eliwood
Henry
Jagen
Cecilia
Chrom
Effie

Account 5:
5 stars:
Lucina
Camilla
Julia

4 stars:
Eliwood x2
Subaki

Account 6:
5 stars:
Young Tiki
Male Corrin

4 stars:
Male Corrin
Camilla
Clarine
Chrom
Laslow
Est
Raven

If I should really stick with most of them for a while longer I will, and I'm going to keep all the accounts, but I just don't have time to keep juggling all of them. Thank you so much for any help.

Draxal

Thanks, here we go.

So I've brought these six accounts through just about all of normal mode and I am getting burned out juggling all of them every day. I'd like to pare it down to just 3 to focus on, if possible, and I could really use some advice on which to stop focusing on. I apologize for the wall of text below:

If I should really stick with most of them for a while longer I will, and I'm going to keep all the accounts, but I just don't have time to keep juggling all of them. Thank you so much for any help.

I'd just go with account 5 most five stars and Lucina is the best of the characters you pulled.

Cerium

Thanks, here we go.

I agree with Draxal, go with Account 5.

If you can't pull a good blue, focus on promoting Sharena to 5*. That would give you a solid team (Camilla being the biggest liability).

ggx2ac

No you're right, I have no idea where he's getting all these non-rounded numbers from.

It's from using combat damage in game.

Here's the damage formula I gave: (Def can be changed to Res, this is the enemy's Def)

(Atk*Multiplier) - Def = dmg

Rearranged to solve the multiplier:

Multiplier = (dmg+Def)/Atk

I just did combat with red sword against green axe.

Dmg = 16, Def = 34, Atk = 42

Multiplier = 1.1905 (Rounded after 4 decimal places)

Apply it to the formula arranged to give damage and it's correct. The funny thing is I was expecting 1.18 but it gave 1.19. However, as long as the damage is rounded up it's still correct when applying 1.18 or 1.19.

If anything, I've found that 1.19 is the best approximation because it can go ± 0.01 and you'd still get the correct answer from rounding.

(42*1.19) - 34 = 15.98

If I did 1.1905 for the multiplier I would get 16.001 damage.

(42*1.18) - 34 = 15.56

(42*1.2) - 34 = = 16.4

So you can see why I don't just stick with 1.2 as the multiplier because it isn't giving the approximation with the smallest estimation error.

1upsuper

I'd just go with account 5 most five stars and Lucina is the best of the characters you pulled.

I agree with Draxal, go with Account 5.

If you can't pull a good blue, focus on promoting Sharena to 5*. That would give you a solid team (Camilla being the biggest liability).

Or just use Olivia:
Lucina, Julia, Sharena, Olivia

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it! If I want to put some time into a couple other accounts too, which would you say are the second and third best?

Durden77

I don't really get the point of summoning once you have a good unit of each type. Like I have 5* Azura which is way too useful to replaced as a blue. So why would I summon more blues?

Or course you can put more than one of a single type on a team, but it seems like it's more advantageous to just have one of each type.

kswiston

I just faced someone in Arena who had some low tier bow equipped to Takumi, and no weapon at all attached to Chrom, despite the fact that they were both level 40+

Thanks for the free 625 points!

Achtius

Account one is pretty good/balance: Lyn, Julia, Effie and add Olivia when rotates in from the special map

One of each color and a dancer.

SYNTAX182

I got +hp -def lyn. This is good right? Or at least ok to use her. Also i got 4* robin, nino, sharena. Was wondering who to 5*. Robin at lvl32 has 30 atk. This seems low so maybe he has -atk nature. Really liking nino and sharena though, so it's a toss up. I guess nino since he's my other damage dealer and sharena is pretty usable at 4* for now. My team is usually sharena, lyn, nino, olivia. Any suggestions appreciated!

Scratch

Nowi is better than either of those, honestly.

If you must, replace Abel with Corrin.

She's great, but I can't put her up against Lucina. Makes no-death runs in arena kind of hard whenever i run into multiple falchion users. It's why is subbed out tacomeat for Abel. Figured by using my feathers on effie though, I can try and buff up my arena stats too, since she has 20 mores tats than abel and tacomeat

Just realized with Cadea I can make an all flier team. Well that's something I guess.

Does anyone know if threaten debuffs stack? Like if two characters have threaten Atk and an enemy is within two spaces of both.

kswiston

Looks like I am going to have to finish up this Arena season with 4182 points. Better than the 3900 and change I had before switching Camilla for M Robin.

Kagero can kill neutral HP/DEF Tharjas in one hit, but they can seriously mess up the rest of my team. I couldn't get Tharja separated from Takumi, so I lost Kagero to kill Tharja and take Takumi down to <20 HP. After that, it was pretty easy to kill him, Roy, and Abel without taking a hit. It still meant a loss of 60 points for the dead teammate though. Better than potentially losing 2 or more characters if Tharja got me in a bad map spot.

I am not yet good enough/have a hood enough team to win every battle with 4 living team members. I typically get a mix of 4 living and 3 living wins. My stat spread means that perfect scores yield 620-630 points. A 4* Kagero is my weak link as far as stats go, but she is so useful, and I don't have a good replacement.

ggx2ac

Just realized with Cadea I can make an all flier team. Well that's something I guess.

Does anyone know if threaten debuffs stack? Like if two characters have threaten Atk and an enemy is within two spaces of both.

No, it doesn't stack. Same for Seal Def and Threaten Def with Ephraim.

Gotchaye

It's from using combat damage in game.

Here's the damage formula I gave: (Def can be changed to Res, this is the enemy's Def)

Rearranged to solve the multiplier:

Multiplier = (dmg+Def)/Atk

I just did combat with red sword against green axe.

Dmg = 16, Def = 34, Atk = 42

Multiplier = 1.1905 (Rounded after 4 decimal places)

Apply it to the formula arranged to give damage and it's correct. The funny thing is I was expecting 1.18 but it gave 1.19. However, as long as the damage is rounded up it's still correct when applying 1.18 or 1.19.

If anything, I've found that 1.19 is the best approximation because it can go ± 0.01 and you'd still get the correct answer from rounding.

(42*1.19) - 34 = 15.98

If I did 1.1905 for the multiplier I would get 16.001 damage.

(42*1.18) - 34 = 15.56

(42*1.2) - 34 = = 16.4

So you can see why I don't just stick with 1.2 as the multiplier because it isn't giving the approximation with the smallest estimation error.

Yes, for this example you end up with an unrounded result that is closer to the rounded result using a multiplier other than 1.2. It's still just bizarre not to say that the multiplier is 1.2, and then the result is rounded down. First, your method probably gives the wrong answer for several real cases in the game. I suggest you try this for a hero with 60 Atk (achievable in a variety of ways). A multiplier of 1.2 gives 72-Def. A multiplier of 1.19 gives 71.4-Def, which will round down.

Second, 1.2 rounded down is much easier to compute. It's 1 extra damage for every full 5 points of Atk. So your example is trivial to do mentally: 42/5 is 8 point something, so you have a total attack of 42+8=50. 50-34=16 damage. This also has the advantage of doing the rounding on the Atk rather than on the damage so that "effective against" bonuses can then be applied in the same way (actually iirc these apply first). Triangle Adept bonuses are only slightly more complicated: 2 extra Atk for every 5 full points and then 1 more if the remainder is 3 or 4.

Ofc the damage formula for healers isn't easily doable in your head in the case where the off by 1 matters. Thanks guys!

No, it is. I forget if it's rounded up or down (I think down) but healers just do half of what you'd otherwise expect after Res is applied.

ggx2ac

Okay, I'll just update the multipliers with the rounded figures.

-----------

How much damage does a weapon deal?

or

(Atk*Multiplier) - Res = dmg

Your attack times the multiplier subtracted by the enemy defense or resistance which equals your damage. (Damage values have to be rounded to the closest integer.)

Weapons triangle:

On the weapon triangle, red beats green, green beats blue, etc.

If you have a weapon advantage on the weapon triangle, it will increase your attack by approximately 20% or 1.20 for your multiplier when you want to calculate it using the formula above.

If you have a weapon disadvantage on the weapon triangle, it will decrease your attack by 20% or 0.8 when you want to calculate it.

Same weapon colours give a multiplier of 1 so it is neutral.

Effective weapons:

If you are using a weapon that will be effective against a unit type, it will increase your attack by approximately 50% or 1.5 when you want to calculate it.

This includes weapons such as bows, poison daggers, armourslayers, hammers and heavy lances.

When armourslayer which is red fights against a green armoured unit. The multiplier increases from 1.5 to 1.8 so you have a 80% increase to your attack. (You may have to round down the figure in this instance.)

When a red armourslayer fights a blue armoured unit. The multiplier goes from 1.5 to 1.2, your attack increase is only 20%.

Gem weapons:

Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire weapons increase your weapon triangle damage further or decrease it. It notes a 20% increase in damage in the weapon description.

If you have a weapon advantage with your gemmed weapon, it will increase your damage by 40% or 1.4 for the multiplier when you want to calculate it.

If you have a weapon disadvantage with your gemmed weapon, it will decrease your damage by 40% or 0.60 for the multiplier when you want to calculate it.

Same colour weapons are neutral again.

Weapons that give advantage over colourless foes:

I just tested it with Robin and it is not the same as having an effective weapon bonus.

It is the same as having a triangle weapon advantage.

So Robin, Cecilia and whoever else with their tomes that give a weapon advantage against colourless units gives an increase of 20% to their attack or 1.20 for the multiplier.

Staves:

Healers who use staves have a 30% damage decrease to their attack when entering combat.

That is approximately 0.70 for the multiplier when calculating it.

kswiston

What is the benefit of armored units? Also, is Gwendolyn good? Just got her along with Jagen, Tiki, Fae and Cherche.

Physical units have a hard time killing them without damage modifiers. They also have high stat ratings for arena points.

I have never liked armored units in any of the Fire Emblem games, so I haven't made much use of them in this game.

Gotchaye

What is the benefit of armored units? Also, is Gwendolyn good? Just got her along with Jagen, Tiki, Fae and Cherche.

The actual "armored" trait is almost purely a disadvantage, except that a couple of them have skills that give buffs only to other armored heroes and they dodge being vulnerable to Kagero. It means they move 1 tile per turn and are vulnerable to armorslayer type weapons. However, to compensate for this they have higher overall stats than other characters, amounting to 2 or 3 levels' worth, typically with pretty high Def.

Edit: Gwendolyn is not great. She is an extremely high-Def blue - you can sit her in front of any red or blue physical damage dealer forever - but her attack is lackluster and her skills are pretty bad. Buckler is a dumb skill on someone with 41 Def. Killer Lance is completely wasted on Buckler on someone with 41 Def. Drag Back is maybe okay but you'd probably prefer it on someone faster. Hone Armor does nothing unless you have other armored heroes.

Durden77

Physical units have a hard time killing them without damage modifiers. They also have high stat ratings for arena points.

I have never liked armored units in any of the Fire Emblem games, so I haven't made much use of them in this game.

The actual "armored" trait is almost purely a disadvantage, except that a couple of them have skills that give buffs only to other armored heroes and they dodge being vulnerable to Kagero. It means they move 1 tile per turn and are vulnerable to armorslayer type weapons. However, to compensate for this they have higher overall stats than other characters, amounting to 2 or 3 levels' worth, typically with pretty high Def.

Edit: Gwendolyn is not great. She is an extremely high-Def blue - you can sit her in front of any red or blue physical damage dealer forever - but her attack is lackluster and her skills are pretty bad. Buckler is a dumb skill on someone with 41 Def. Killer Lance is completely wasted on Buckler on someone with 41 Def. Drag Back is maybe okay but you'd probably prefer it on someone faster. Hone Armor does nothing unless you have other armored heroes.

Thanks for the info. Is there any info on how much the armor reduces physical attacks? Is it a set percentage or what?

And yeah, guess I'll push Gwendolyn to the side. Doesn't seem like any of the characters I got are that great really. At least I got Chereche. The only reason I summoned was to at least get a 3* flyer so I could beat that one mission for the dualing crest.

Thanks for the info. Is there any info on how much the armor reduces physical attacks? Is it a set percentage or what?

And yeah, guess I'll push Gwendolyn to the side. Doesn't seem like any of the characters I got are that great really. At least I got Chereche. The only reason I summoned was to at least get a 3* flyer so I could beat that one mission for the dualing crest.
I think you misunderstand: the 'armoured' trait doesn't do anything like that, it only makes you vulnerable to anti-armour, affected by armour-only buffs and have a movespeed of 1.

BUT as a compensation for having this mostly negative trait, most armoured units have very high stats, including a naturally high HP and defence :3

kswiston

All of my best 5* units are now on max level and I've cleared all of the contents. I hope Nintendo release new contents soon...

I have been getting some enjoyment out of leveling various 3-4 star units to level 20 in the training tower when there's nothing better to do, but I pretty much agree.

The issue with the current model of new content is that it is typically limited. The 9 orb paralogue was nice, but once you beat all 9 stages, there's no real reason to go back. Arena is the only mode that isn't more or less one and done, and people who aren't either very lucky or dishing out cash for more unit options are being left behind pretty quickly in that. IntSys needs to do some major reworking of the awards structure in Arena to encourage those who have no shot at a top 10k (or even top 30k) finish to push for higher scores. At the very least, the offense score feather max shouldn't be 3k points. Keep it increasing until 4500 or something.

Typically, gatcha games will get around content limitation by giving you grindy missions to improve your characters in some way. The lack of equipment and a skill system that is easy to 100% unlock limits your option for character enhancement. They could either set up a more feasible feather grinding mission, or they could introduce new mechanics. The old Fire Emblem standby would be to offer you the chance to grind towards and Energy Drop or Speedwing that would boost a lagging stat by 1 point, up to some sort of capped maximum. They could also introduce purchased skills. One thing that comes to mind would be to offer certain weapon skills that reverse the weapon triangle (we had these in the main games). So a sword user with such a weapon equipped would effectively be blue. You would of course lose whatever bonuses your character's normal 5* weapon granted.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I've come to the conclusion that Robin just isn't very good at 4*. He seems to seriously lack damage without his 5* weapon. I might be better off with a 4* ninja or archer.

My pulls have kind of sucked lately, but on the other hand I got a bunch of 4* Effie dupes.

I'm considering building a gimmick team of Effie, Effie, Sheena (green + more armor + buffs for armored units), and Sakura for ranged heals, attack down debuffs, and even more defensive buffs.

Possible arena bullshit incoming.

Durden77

I think you misunderstand: the 'armoured' trait doesn't do anything like that, it only makes you vulnerable to anti-armour, affected by armour-only buffs and have a movespeed of 1.

BUT as a compensation for having this mostly negative trait, most armoured units have very high stats, including a naturally high HP and defence :3

Ohhhhhh ok gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

ccbfan

How are you guys keeping your interest in the game?

I'm pretty board with it and barely care to use my stamina.

There's just not much to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom