• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Ooh man my new arena team is baller. Just ran through advanced losing only two characters. Nino (32), Hinoka (30), Roy (40), Robin (40) all 5*. Only had Nino die because of a couple dumb moves. I have an answer for absolutely everything. Wonder if I was getting matched up against weaker teams cause Nino and Hinoka are under 40, but it's the first time I've crossed 4000+ points.

ggx2ac

Ooh man my new arena team is baller. Just ran through advanced losing only two characters. Nino (32), Hinoka (30), Roy (40), Robin (40) all 5*. Only had Nino die because of a couple dumb moves. I have an answer for absolutely everything. Wonder if I was getting matched up against weaker teams cause Nino and Hinoka are under 40, but it's the first time I've crossed 4000+ points.

Nino, Hinoka and Robin have ratings 163, 160, and 160 respectively. That will lower your team rating average by a lot. Basically it affects how much points you would earn for each match on average.

You'll probably have matches where you can only earn 644 points each match more often than getting to earn 650 points.

This does make a big difference if you are wanting to break the top 1000 ranking. (At the moment, it looks like you'd need to earn 656 points per match anyway to crack the top 1000 with how competitive it has gotten.)

I have to wait for 20k feathers to upgrade my Effie to 5* so she can boost my team rating.

I'd sure like another 10k feathers tweet event again very quickly...

lt519

Nino and Hinoka have ratings 163 and 160 respectively. That will lower your your team rating average by a lot. Basically it affects how much points you would earn for each match on average.

Is rating irrespective of your characters level? I thought it was all your stats combined. Not going for Top 1000 necessarily, but I can imagine I can only get better because my team still has 18 levels to go. Have only put $20 of Google Rewards in so far and don't plan on paying anymore so I'm good with just a solid well rounded team (I would trade Hinoka for Effie though).

Yeah, I'd love another free feather thing, I'm down to like 1000 after upgrading Nino.

Is rating irrespective of your characters level? I thought it was all your stats combined. Not going for Top 1000 necessarily, but I can imagine I can only get better because my team still has 18 levels to go. Have only put $20 of Google Rewards in so far and don't plan on paying anymore so I'm good with just a solid well rounded team (I would trade Hinoka for Effie though).

Yeah, I'd love another free feather thing, I'm down to like 1000 after upgrading Nino.

Rating is the sum of all the stats of a character, so it's not directly dependent on the character level, but it also goes up as the character does (unless you get no stats up), and is better on some characters (like Hector) than others.

ggx2ac

Yes. I tried a team of level 40 + x characters but since their ratings were below 170, it didn't improve the amount of points I could earn.

Shortly after, I picked a bunch of units with the highest ratings which averaged 174 if I remember correctly and suddenly my first arena match let me earn 660 points as opposed to 644 with the lower rated team.

I still plan to use my Nino, it's that I'll need to get multiple 5* Ninos to merge to increase her stats. As I stated on the last page, a level 40+10 character will have +4 to all of their stats which increases their rating by 20.

So Nino with 163 rating now, could have 183 rating at level 50 which is the same as a level 40 armoured unit like Effie or Hector.

kswiston

Yes. I tried a team of level 40 + x characters but since their ratings were below 170, it didn't improve the amount of points I could earn.

Shortly after, I picked a bunch of units with the highest ratings which averaged 174 if I remember correctly and suddenly my first arena match let me earn 660 points as opposed to 644 with the lower rated team.

I still plan to use my Nino, it's that I'll need to get multiple 5* Ninos to merge to increase her stats. As I stated on the last page, a level 40+10 character will have +4 to all of their stats which increases their rating by 20.

So Nino with 163 rating now, could have 183 rating at level 50 which is the same as a level 40 armoured unit like Effie or Hector.

Until all of the top Arena whales are running with a 200 average rating, and suddenly 660 points per run isnt good enough for high ranking.

Dragner

Until all of the top Arena whales are running with a 200 average rating, and suddenly 660 points per run isnt good enough for high ranking.

Max now is a +10 hector at 204 rating and I dont know if there are whales with that (most Ive seen from whale teams is a +2 Hector so far). But as powercreep rises that will be true, Seliph already has better rating than any other red lord.

ggx2ac

Max now is a +10 hector at 204 rating and I dont know if there are whales with that (most Ive seen from whale teams is a +2 Hector so far). But as powercreep rises that will be true, Seliph already has better rating than any other red lord.

I'm trying to consider how to use the Seliph I just got for Arena.

It's difficult, I have a level 40+1 Lyn with 176 rating while Seliph does have the better rating at 178 that I know can bump my team rating average to 174.25 once I get a 5* Effie.

I'd like his skills more if Seliph had a special. I can see that Rally Speed is useful but it doesn't stack with my Erika's Hone Speed. Lyn is better in this regard because she has Spur Speed so it's possible to get someone with +8 speed although my characters are pretty fast as it is with just +4.

I don't think his Tyrfing does enough, it should have given at least +5 to Def when he's on low health. Lyn's Sol Katti gives her the Desperation skill at 50% health which is less than the level 3 skill at 75% health but is still good.

The only thing my Lyn is bad at is speed, I didn't know about the stat natures back then so I should have seen what stat nature the Lyn dupe I had was giving. That's the only thing that is giving Seliph an edge because he can deal a follow-up attack regardless of speed with Brash Assault as long as he is below 50% health.

Seeing as he is a bit of a tank, it is possible to have a bit of the high risk high reward happen when he takes on certain enemies.

I definitely want to have him fight Takumi because I bet he could easily take him down. Since Takumi has close counter, he leaves himself open to Seliph's Brash Assault so that would be awesome to see.

Omnicent

Just checked how many defense wins I have and there were 10 of them. That is the most I have ever seen.

I guess people see Sharena and proceed to get bodied by robin, lucina, and takumi/kagero

Dragner

I'm trying to consider how to use the Seliph I just got for Arena.

It's difficult, I have a level 40+1 Lyn with 176 rating while Seliph does have the better rating at 178 that I know can bump my team rating average to 174.25 once I get a 5* Effie.

I'd like his skills more if Seliph had a special. I can see that Rally Speed is useful but it doesn't stack with my Erika's Hone Speed. Lyn is better in this regard because she has Spur Speed so it's possible to get someone with +8 speed although my characters are pretty fast as it is with just +4.

I don't think his Tyrfing does enough, it should have given at least +5 to Def when he's on low health. Lyn's Sol Katti gives her the Desperation skill at 50% health which is less than the level 3 skill at 75% health but is still good.

The only thing my Lyn is bad at is speed, I didn't know about the stat natures back then so I should have seen what stat nature the Lyn dupe I had was giving. That's the only thing that is giving Seliph an edge because he can deal a follow-up attack regardless of speed with Brash Assault as long as he is below 50% health.

Seeing as he is a bit of a tank, it is possible to have a bit of the high risk high reward happen when he takes on certain enemies.

I definitely want to have him fight Takumi because I bet he could easily take him down. Since Takumi has close counter, he leaves himself open to Seliph's Brash Assault so that would be awesome to see.

a +SPD Seliph with someone buffing his speed gets to at least dont be doubled for most things, at that point he can cockblock every other lord and if they drop him under 50% he will double attack them to death. But you need a +SPD Seliph Mine is, sadly my Eirika is -SPD.

Seliph with neutral HP can already kill a lucina and survive at 2 HP. Unless is a +ATK Lucina, He can beat any other lord.

Gotchaye

a +SPD Seliph with someone buffing his speed gets to at least dont be doubled for most things, at that point he can cockblock every other lord and if they drop him under 50% he will double attack them to death. But you need a +SPD Seliph Mine is, sadly my Eirika is -SPD.

Seliph with neutral HP can already kill a lucina and survive at 2 HP. Unless is a +ATK Lucina, He can beat any other lord.

Does Brash Assault trigger if it's their counter-attack that drops him below the health threshold?

If you don't mind I would like to submit my name for the giveaway. Been aiming for Lyn and Lucina since the start of the game since they are my favourites. Much appreciated.

Yeah you can have it. I had someone send a pm earlier but they haven't responded since, so probably changed their mind.

PM me what account you want it linked to and I'll do it asap

Feathers required to unlock potential should decrease with every level the character hits above 20. My level 40 four star Kagero should only take 10k feathers to upgrade, for instance. Give us something!

redcrayon

That would be great. 3 of my 4* are almost 40
Yeah, it doesn't really make much sense, the idea that any time spent developing a character over level 20, should you wish to promote them eventually, will end up having gained you nothing. "Stop playing those characters and wait for feathers because it'll be wasted time" is a less elegant solution than "keep developing your favourite characters while you wait for feathers, when you can promote them the stronger they are the better".

Ahnez

WOO I got Takumi

When I saw 3 gray orbs, I thought "Well none of them will be Takumi anyway.."

AND THEN IT REALLY HAPPENED

kswiston

I think that I will have to miss out on those 5 arena swords for the Feb Lunatic quest. I don't have any 5* calvery, and I'm not sure that I want to level and babysit my 4* Abel for that many kills. I snagged the rest of the Feb rewards though.

Seik

Banned
I'm way too fucking lucky with this game! :lol

I went back to 91 orbs after clearing all the new quests so I tried a pull and got Ephraim. I'm at 6 5* now!

1cm1PhY.jpg

Rainy

Banned
Has anyone had a glitch on iOS where the game has to download the 400MB install file every time you don't play for a while? if I don't play for like an hour and go back I have to redownload it..

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Has anyone had a glitch on iOS where the game has to download the 400MB install file every time you don't play for a while? if I don't play for like an hour and go back I have to redownload it..

I saw someone asking about that on the fire emblem heroes reddit on yesterday's "ask a question". Didn't see whether it got answered.

Gotchaye

I get this occasionally. It seems to be more likely to happen right after new podcasts get downloaded and I get a warning about storage. I figured the phone was deleting that file any time it got worried about running out of space.

Dee Dee

I am saving my orbs for the special Lyn banner. Any idea when that may come?

In other news, I am finally getting Defensive points in Arena after putting Wrys on the front as my team captain.
Ha, enjoy the surprise Takumi for whoever picks my team!

Subaki is really pulling his weight lately. His Saphire lance is the ultimatey red killer - get wrecked, arena 5*s!
Raven is falling behing as my green axe wielder though. I am training up Gunther, Frederick and even Narcian, to find a good replacement. People keep saying Anna is great once you upgrade her, but 5* is really not happening anytime soon for me. Is she okay at 4*?

Finally rolled my second five star character ever and it's Julia. I'm rather impressed with her so far and the +2 to def/res when she's attacked makes her fairly easy to level :3

lt519

I am saving my orbs for the special Lyn banner. Any idea when that may come?

In other news, I am finally getting Defensive points in Arena after putting Wrys on the front as my team captain.
Ha, enjoy the surprise Takumi for whoever picks my team!

Subaki is really pulling his weight lately. His Saphire lance is the ultimatey red killer - get wrecked, arena 5*s!
Raven is falling behing as my green axe wielder though. I am training up Gunther, Frederick and even Narcian, to find a good replacement. People keep saying Anna is great once you upgrade her, but 5* is really not happening anytime soon for me. Is she okay at 4*?

I get a ton of defense wins and I think it's because of Subaki for the Reds and Robin for the Takumi's. I'm leveling up 5* Hinoka but she can't take 3 5* reds like my 4* Subaki. Blue Sophia probably helps, seems like a solid defensive team. Probably get wrecked by teams of blue though like Effie and Nowi.

I still haven't taught my Roy the weapon triangle perk...

Oomph, 4082 points isn't even top 50k..

Ndayday

Neo Member
I've only been using a 4* Cordelia so some of what I say is conjecture. But Cordelia's biggest advantage on offense is her ability to completely obliterate reds for me. She very rarely encounters a red where she cannot outright defeat in a single initiated attack. And I imagine if she were 5* and gained an extra +5 from stats and weapon, the only way she wouldn't outright defeat a red opponent would be through debuff/buff shenanigans. Because of this, I always use the Brave Lance.

As for her getting attacked, I don't put her into a position to get attacked unless the opponent is red. She is simply not a defensive unit. If you're thinking you need a blue unit that should be receiving attacks, I'd probably just try using a different unit if possible.

Lastly, Astra vs. Galeforce I'm not entirely sure which would be completely better, and it's probably just down to preference as having either occur is unlikely with that 5 charge. Though, I think I would pick Galeforce, as that gives me the chance of allowing Cordelia to escape if necessary, or take down a second unit.

This sounds a lot like Abel, except with a different skill set, obviously. And with him, you play him basically the same way. With Brave Lance, you're a dedicated red-killer. Very rarely will you not be able to OHKO a red. And since he's on a horse you can keep him off to the side and run him down to kill that red or even archers and mages.

kubus

Still rerolling after I pulled three Tiki's and no other 5 stars after ~100 orbs (and I also discovered I linked my wrong my nintendo account)

Now I have one account with a 5* Ryoma, and 4* M.Corrin, Peri (yuck) and Sophia. Pretty damn lucky first roll, though all of them except Peri are red units and I really can't stand Peri :/.

Just rolled 5* Lucina, *4 Tharja and 4* Lissa on another device during first roll. Now I'm not sure which account to keep :p. Have only played Awakening so the second account is more appealing but apparently Ryoma is really good...

How exactly do arena rankings and ratings work? This thread's gone so quickly that I missed the explanation.

So far, I'm Tier 3 with 3,866 points, and Rank 87,109.

What do the different ranks get?

kswiston

How exactly do arena rankings and ratings work? This thread's gone so quickly that I missed the explanation.

So far, I'm Tier 3 with 3,866 points, and Rank 87,109.

What do the different ranks get?

Tiers seem to be mostly useless. So far, pretty much everyone who participates in Arena goes up one tier a week.

You get Feathers if you place in the top 100k arena participants for the week.

50k-100k get 500 feathers, 30k-50k get 1000 feathers, 10k-30k get 1500 feathers, and so on. The #1 ranked arena participant gets a whopping 5000 feathers, even though he or she has likely spent thousands on the game and has legions of enhanced 5* characters.... IntSys really needs to rethink the Arena ranking rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom