• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey any advice on which heroes I should focus on leveling up?

BgsRe9g.jpg

Everything is 4 stars except the story characters and Tiki and Blue-haired girl next to her is 5 stars.

Which 4 star should I make into a 5 star when the time comes?

Thanks.

Cerium

BgsRe9g.jpg

Everything is 4 stars except the story characters and Tiki and Blue-haired girl next to her is 5 stars.

Thanks.
Upgrade Kagero to 5* she is by far the best of your 4*.

Then work on getting Anna to 5* and you'll have a very solid and well balanced team.

Tarps

What's the consensus on Donnel? At first blush I'm guessing he's too slow to be useful, but I'm thinking of levelling him to 4*.

kswiston

Rank 37,980 with 4174 attack points and 259 defense points, I got better this week than last at least

I'm 7-8 points higher than you, so about the same rank. My offense score keeps going up each week and my ranking keeps going down :p that first week, I made the top 10k with less than 3700.

I think my highest defense is 270. When you have a max level def team, all of the defense scores seem to be over 250. I guess getting a free 500 feathers is nice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What's the consensus on Donnel? At first blush I'm guessing he's too slow to be useful, but I'm thinking of levelling him to 4*.
Drag Back can be useful but he really does not have much going for him. There are so many better spear users available. I think Brave Lance is absolutely terrible on standard infantry units. Calvary can use terrain or move in easily to get the first blow, but Donnel is going to just get two hit all the time.

BgsRe9g.jpg

Thanks.

Kagero is really good, but since her stats are so low you'll suffer with her if you are trying to get ranked high in Arena. If Arena doesn't interest you, I'd go with her.

Catria and Tiki are both excellent. Shareena is good too, but the question is whether you want to run her over Catria. She makes a good replacement though.

I've been trying to upgrade everyone so if the battle calls for it I can use multiples if the same type of unit.

Upgrade Kagero to 5* she is by far the best of your 4*.

Then work on getting Anna to 5* and you'll have a very solid and well balanced team.

I assume you mean the 5 stars would be the rest of the team. Are the two I have pretty good?

What's Kagero's benefit exactly? She also seems to die the fastest and have the weakest attacks of my 4 highest leveled characters. She's really quite a bit above the other 4 stars?

Is Anna actually good for a story character given to you automatically at the beginning? Enough to go the trouble of going from 2 stars to 5 stars? I would think I would be able to (and have already) pulled an axe unit better than her?

ngower

Team right now is Olivia (dance), Robin (3 star), Ryoma (5), Nowi (5). Olivia's dance ability is huge, but she feels like she could become a weak link down the road. Anyone have any ideas for who to replace her with on my main team?

Theosmeo

I've been trying to upgrade everyone so if the battle calls for it I can use multiples if the same type of unit.

I assume you mean the 5 stars would be the rest of the team. Are the two I have pretty good?

What's Kagero's benefit exactly? She also seems to die the fastest and have the weakest attacks of my 4 highest leveled characters. She's really quite a bit above the other 4 stars?

Is Anna actually good for a story character given to you automatically at the beginning? Enough to go the trouble of going from 2 stars to 5 stars? I would think I would be able to (and have already) pulled an axe unit better than her?

Kagero is broken, her dagger is effective against infantry and will OHKO them frequently

Dragner

Finally ended rolling an account of Elise + Seliph + a couple of 4 stars for my girlfriend. Not the best ones but she really liked elise so that will do.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Nah I just can't reroll now, I'd miss my 10k feathers and all those sucky 2*'s I upgraded to sucky 4*'s. I think I'm just a masochist.

Did you upgrade Sharena & Anna? They're supposed to be really good at 5* and I find them good at 4* as well.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Wow... I'm starting to get slaughtered in the later Lunatic missions (8-5 and 9-2 thus far). Everything's defense is so high (over 40+?) I barely do any dmg even with a 53 (boosted) attack Takumi or when I have type advantages like with Abel against Zephiel... I guess I need a mage or something? Their resistance seems more reasonable.

I have a 4* Cecilia at level 31 with attack 34. Other than that all I have is a 2* Sophia and 2* Raigh at lvl 1 and 2...

Tarps

Did you upgrade Sharena & Anna? They're supposed to be really good at 5* and I find them good at 4* as well.

Yeah my main team of 4* superstars: Sharena, Beruka, Nowi and Olivia.

Nowi, Olivia and Sharena are also great for training up the newbies in the tower.

Dee Dee

Need some help figuring out which units to level up and promote. This is what I have so far.

Why do you have so many duplicates? You should merge them or release them for feathers.

I advise you upgrade Olivia to 3*, allowing her to learn Dance. There's only two dancers in the game so far, and it allows for very unique tactics on maps. Could be useful to have for special maps and new paralogues going forward.

Otherwise of course your 5* should be your focus, Male Robin is great.

redcrayon

Wow... I'm starting to get slaughtered in the later Lunatic missions (8-5 and 9-2 thus far). Everything's defense is so high (over 40+?) I barely do any dmg even with a 53 (boosted) attack Takumi or when I have type advantages like with Abel against Zephiel... I guess I need a mage or something? Their resistance seems more reasonable.

I have a 4* Cecilia at level 31 with attack 34. Other than that all I have is a 2* Sophia and 2* Raigh at lvl 1 and 2...
If they are heavy armour, magic is one option. Do you have any units with armourslayer weapons or hammers?

Cerium

Tiki and Catria are both good, especially Tiki, so you're set there. That covers your blue and your red. Kagero has Poison Dagger which absolutely rekts infantry from range, and the vast majority of units in the meta right now are infantry. Takumi? Dead. Robin? Dead. Lucina? Dead. On offense in Arena, Kagero will rack up win streaks like crazy. She's one of the most useful gray units in the game right now.

Anna and Sharena are starter characters but if you put the work into getting them to 5* they're both very good and very competitive. In Anna's case she has Vantage, which the AI will suicide into frequently, and her Nóatún uniquely allows her to teleport to your injured units anywhere on the map. Some (wrong) people prefer Camilla, but I would rank Anna second among axe users behind Hector.

A team of Tiki, Catria, Anna, and Kagero is very very formidable.

redcrayon

I have a lvl 30 4* Florina with a heavy spear that's good against armor. Hm.
You could also try units that inflict set damage regardless, like Saizo's poison strike or Azama's 'pain' ability, they inflict 10hp damage after combat. It's a good way of chipping away at units that are frustrating your big hitters.

Magic is the traditional way to zap armour though :D

Cerium

Need some help figuring out which units to level up and promote. This is what I have so far.

Hmmm okay this one is a little trickier.

First of all you should be running Robin and Eirika as the base of your team; not only are they 5* but they're also very good, a solid core to build around.

Your 4* are not good.

If we dig deeper, your most promising remaining characters are probably Anna and Olivia. Get Olivia her dance ASAP, then upgrade Anna to 5*.

A team of Robin, Eirika, Anna, and Olivia is pretty solid and should have an answer for most (but not all) teams.

Dreavus

Team right now is Olivia (dance), Robin (3 star), Ryoma (5), Nowi (5). Olivia's dance ability is huge, but she feels like she could become a weak link down the road. Anyone have any ideas for who to replace her with on my main team?

I think Olivia is well regarded all the way up. Her usefulness scales with how powerful your other units are, and provides buffs for them as well. She's annoying to level because Dance doesn't give exp, but she's a super strong unit to have. I've progressed my "free" one from 2* to 4* already and I'll probably be working her into my top team once she is high enough level.

Kettch

is it worth using 8 dueling crests (to finish the arena quest) to get 1000 feathers ?

Definitely try to finish all the quests by the end of the month, when they'll likely reset. Dueling crests seem to get handed out a lot, so you might as well use as many as needed to get the feathers. Still have another 8 days left though, so another 24 natural fights.

Kuga

4,496 arena score is only rank 4,578? Jeeze. Poor Catria and Julia are going to need to be replaced eventually. I don't have Effie or Hector though...

At least the top 500ish ranked players will be funding a lion's share of the game with the thousands of dollars they need to spend to get +10s though.

_Legacy_

Well this is super embarrassing, I've only just realised you have to press the quests to actually get the reward after completion. I always thought they were added to my inventory automatically.

Sucks because now I have to complete story on hard again to complete those quests now, my own fault for not clocking the rewards weren't being added.

Cerium

Any suggestions for a team comp?
I love a good challenge. This is a tough one because there are a few directions you can take.

Roy and Effie should be the core. Marth at 5* is better than Roy but Roy is serviceable and you'll need the feathers to shore up the rest of your lineup. Effie is very solid at 5* because of the lack of strong greens that can handle her.

From there, you have a bunch of 4* that are full of potential:

Robin
Sharena
Anna
FemCorrin
Nowi
and also 3* Olivia

You could theoretically run a heavy blue lineup. There isn't a lot of good green out there, and Roy will absolutely delete green units of any kind, so something like Roy, Effie, Robin, and Nowi could actually be viable and will make red heavy teams (which there are a lot of) absolutely cry.

If you want something more balanced then you can go for something like Roy, Effie, Anna, and Olivia.

Or meet somewhere halfway and go with Roy, Effie, Nowi, Anna.

You have options but you'll need feathers. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the heavy blue lineup; Robin has colorless advantage too so that gives you an answer for Takumi and Kagero. And if a team with 2 or more red runs into you, they might as well quit. Roy covers your weakness to green. It's unconventional but could be really strong.

They need to increase the friends list limit. I'm just adding random people and I already run into the limit multiple times this week.

What I'm wondering is if they will increase the number of characters we can use? Cause teams are already super limited. Maybe the even will be building a team entirely from your friends list or something.

I love a good challenge. This is a tough one because there are a few directions you can take.

Roy and Effie should be the core. Marth at 5* is better than Roy but Roy is serviceable and you'll need the feathers to shore up the rest of your lineup. Effie is very solid at 5* because of the lack of strong greens that can handle her.

From there, you have a bunch of 4* that are full of potential:

Robin
Sharena
Anna
FemCorrin
Nowi
and also 3* Olivia

You could theoretically run a heavy blue lineup. There isn't a lot of good green out there, and Roy will absolutely delete green units of any kind, so something like Roy, Effie, Robin, and Nowi could actually be viable and will make red heavy teams (which there are a lot of) absolutely cry.

If you want something more balanced then you can go for something like Roy, Effie, Anna, and Olivia.

Or meet somewhere halfway and go with Roy, Effie, Nowi, Anna.

You have options but you'll need feathers. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the heavy blue lineup; Robin has colorless advantage too so that gives you an answer for Takumi and Kagero. And if a team with 2 or more red runs into you, they might as well quit. Roy covers your weakness to green. It's unconventional but could be really strong.

Thanks for the suggestions

Ekid

Got 4438pts in Arena, I guess that's the maximum I can get with my current roster. I used:
5* Marth (+Atk -Speed)
5* Tharja (+Speed -Def)
4* Sharena (Neutral)
4* FCorrin (Neutral)

Well technically I could have replaced FCorrin with my Eirika to win a little more points since she did basically nothing.
I'm currently ranking 8724, I don't think I will hold in the top 10k.

I hope they add new contents soon because I only have the last map of Lunatic (doesn't have anyone to take care of Xanders) left. I'm also levelling my Eliwood for the kill 15 with cavalry quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom