• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Definitely try to finish all the quests by the end of the month, when they'll likely reset. Dueling crests seem to get handed out a lot, so you might as well use as many as needed to get the feathers. Still have another 8 days left though, so another 24 natural fights.

Yeah I might do it. Thanks

Hmmm okay this one is a little trickier.

First of all you should be running Robin and Eirika as the base of your team; not only are they 5* but they're also very good, a solid core to build around.

Your 4* are not good.

If we dig deeper, your most promising remaining characters are probably Anna and Olivia. Get Olivia her dance ASAP, then upgrade Anna to 5*.

A team of Robin, Eirika, Anna, and Olivia is pretty solid and should have an answer for most (but not all) teams.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll get to work on this. I have some orbs saved for some more pulls but I was waiting to see what the next banner is before doing so.

Is the special lyn coming up going to have different stats and moves or no one knows yet?

People don't know but it is a good assumption that it'll have different skills at least, maybe different stats.

If I were a betting man I'd guess the special Lyn will have the Mani Katti over the current one that has the Sol Katti.

Achtius

Man, I was in an arena vs linde, sakura and some unmemorable characters.None of my character could one shot linde, and sakura keep healing her. I couldn't get to sakura nor kill linda in 1 round. So I had to sacrifice two characters to kill linde.

Cerium

Man, I was in an arena vs linde, sakura and some unmemorable characters.None of my character could one shot linde, and sakura keep healing her. I couldn't get to sakura nor kill linda in 1 round. So I had to sacrifice two characters to kill linde.
If you don't have anyone capable of one shotting Linde then you simply don't have good enough units. Linde is very glass canon.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Anyone fancy giving tips on who I should upgrade to 5*?

I'm leaning towards kagero just cos she's an S tier but dunno if that has the best synergy with my selection.

Nino is another option.

Catria, Gordin and Corrin are contenders too.

lvnpIfs

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hot damn, I got a 4* Kagero and she is putting in some WORK now that i have her leveled up close to my main crew. She's doing TONS more work than Saizo was for whatever reason. I want to see her at 5* but I have a long way to go in feathers for that.

Achtius

If you don't have anyone capable of one shotting Linde then you simply don't have good enough units. Linde is very glass canon.

I was just doing arena for fun with my b team so I can level up my lvl 38 4* Chrom. While I did include a +atk takumi, their linde was +def, so couldn't 1 shot her. The problem was exacerbated by the fact it was the lava map so getting to her was also a problem.

Cerium

Anyone fancy giving tips on who I should upgrade to 5*?

I'm leaning towards kagero just cos she's an S tier but dunno if that has the best synergy with my selection.

Nino is another option.

Catria, Gordin and Corrin are contenders too.

9Lrjy6Q
Kagero or Nino. Ideally both. You lack range and both of those are solid options.

I would run with Lucina, Kagero, Nino, and Cordelia. That's a deadly team.

I was just doing arena for fun with my b team so I can level up my lvl 38 4* Chrom. While I did include a +atk takumi, their linde was +def, so couldn't 1 shot her. The problem was exacerbated by the fact it was the lava map so getting to her was also a problem.

That's rough.

soultron

Banned
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if I'm promoting from 3* to 4*, are there any bonuses to leveling them all the way to 40? Or should I just promote as soon as they're eligible at level 20?

Cerium

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if I'm promoting from 3* to 4*, are there any bonuses to leveling them all the way to 40? Or should I just promote as soon as they're eligible at level 20?

I think SP carries over but that's the only benefit I can think of.

Kuga

The stats reset so there is no benefit beyond acquiring more SP for skills/weapons. There are some 4* heroes that cannot purchase all of their skills by 40 if they promote to 5* at 20 (meaning you would need to grind the rest via kills for 3 SP).

The only thing you keep are unlocked skills and SP.

I hold off on promoting units until they learn all their available skills because getting SP aside from Level Ups is a pain.

EDIT:
I need 540 SP to get Leo's Quick Riposte 3 and Blazing Light. Leo is level 35.

kswiston

I hold off on promoting units until they learn all their available skills because getting SP aside from Level Ups is a pain.

EDIT:
I need 540 SP to get Leo's Quick Riposte 3 and Blazing Light. Leo is level 35.

It's really YMMV depending on the unit. I had a 5 star Marth, and I think that he maxed out his skills at level 31. I'm not sure what Falcion costs on the 4 star version if that isnt unlocked, but you typically get 300+ SP from 1-20 if you actually battle. 4-star Marth promoted to 5-star would have easily maxed out his skills by 5-star level 40.

On the otherhand, Chrom has a 500 SP Aether, on top of an expensive Sol to learn, so I was nowhere near maxed by level 40 on the 5-star version I rolled

The more I use her in my squad, the more Julia grows on me. When she's taking out Tharja (red vs Julia's green) you know she's going to be useful. Her res is so high (2nd highest in the game, especially on defence, only beat by felicia) it feels like she's the magical version of a heavy armour unit :p

I now have two five-star healers: Maria and Elise. Which one should I have on my team?

If it makes a difference, my team consists of five-star Lucina and Towi and a four-star Kagero.

Cerium

http://i.imgur.com/5F1nxFB.png

5 star: Lucina, Hinoka, Seliph

4 star: Cecilia, Gordon, Catria, Roy, Subaki, Oboro, Azama, Hana, Selena, Est and Felicia.

From what I was told last time I commented on this thread, it would perhaps be best to use someone like neutral Gordon or neutral Amaza for the time being for a balanced team.

Hmmm not a whole lot to work with here unless the last row is hiding something. You didn't get Olivia when she was the hero of the day? Missed opportunity.

I'd say your top priority should be getting Anna to 5*.

Lucina, Hinoka, Anna, and Seliph is... well it has some holes but you should be able to get by until you can pull better units.

I now have two five-star healers: Maria and Elise. Which one should I have on my team?

If it makes a difference, my team consists of five-star Lucina and Towi and a four-star Kagero.

I wouldn't bother with healers at all honestly but of the two I'd go with Elise.

Totakeke

http://i.imgur.com/5F1nxFB.png

5 star: Lucina, Hinoka, Seliph

4 star: Cecilia, Gordon, Catria, Roy, Subaki, Oboro, Azama, Hana, Selena, Est and Felicia.

From what I was told last time I commented on this thread, it would perhaps be best to use someone like neutral Gordon or neutral Amaza for the time being for a balanced team.

What are the natures of your 5*? Would not recommend Gordon unless you want a physical tank. Your team is lacking magic attacks so I would recommend Cecilia if yours is a +spd so she can ORKO Hector and check Takumi. However if you want max arena score she wouldn't be a good choice due to calvary having lower stat totals. If you're less concerned about being arena viable, I would say Catria would be a good choice due to Hinoka having a really good flier buff and Catria being a pretty good flier to benefit from that.

goldenpp72

So I am getting to kind of a wall in the game, and am trying to determine who I may want to move from 4 Star to 5, and also maybe settling an a current arena team.. Here are all the options I have.

5 Star

Sakura (Healer)
Hector (Hector)
Lilina (red magic)
Robin (blue magic)
Jakob (ninja)

4 Star

Saizo (ninja)
Olivia (red sword/dancer)
Kagero (ninja)
Abel (lance)
Azama (healer)
Male Corrine (red sword)
Nowi (blue dragon)
Caeda (red sword)

These are ones i've leveled up pretty well (well beyond 20) so I guess I am trying to figure out what I should do to round out my team, and I guess if I should be aiming for anyone specific when I do pull (will be awhile as i'm down to 10 final orbs)

Totakeke

It feels silly recommending arena teams when stat totals play such a large role on your score. If you want team recommendations I think it would be helpful to mention how much you care about that. If getting higher ranks is a top priority, I would just say cram as many characters you can according to a stat total list like this...

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51344

And then just balance it out to take out your main threats.

Cerium

So I am getting to kind of a wall in the game, and am trying to determine who I may want to move from 4 Star to 5, and also maybe settling an a current arena team.. Here are all the options I have.

5 Star

Sakura (Healer)
Hector (Hector)
Lilina (red magic)
Robin (blue magic)
Jakob (ninja)

4 Star

Saizo (ninja)
Olivia (red sword/dancer)
Kagero (ninja)
Abel (lance)
Azama (healer)
Male Corrine (red sword)
Nowi (blue dragon)
Caeda (red sword)

These are ones i've leveled up pretty well (well beyond 20) so I guess I am trying to figure out what I should do to round out my team, and I guess if I should be aiming for anyone specific when I do pull (will be awhile as i'm down to 10 final orbs)

You got some good stuff here.

Start with Hector and Robin, then focus on taking Kagero to 5*.

For the last slot you can either put in Lilina, who is serviceable, or Olivia, who should work very well within that group composition. If you've got the feathers then 5* Olivia will leave you pretty much set.

Hector, Robin, Kagero, and Olivia. Damn good team. Really good.

rockx4

I've been doing rerolls for 2 days on my ipad for a second account. So far I've come to hate really hate Bartre, Odin, Jagen, Wrys, they're the fucken Pidgy and Ekans of this game.

Edit: and just as I post this, another Jagen.

Hiltz

Hmmm not a whole lot to work with here unless the last row is hiding something. You didn't get Olivia when she was the hero of the day? Missed opportunity.

I'd say your top priority should be getting Anna to 5*.

Lucina, Hinoka, Anna, and Seliph is... well it has some holes but you should be able to get by until you can pull better units.

I wouldn't bother with healers at all honestly but of the two I'd go with Elise.

Do you think it is worth keeping this account or possibly doing a reroll?

What are the natures of your 5*? Would not recommend Gordon unless you want a physical tank. Your team is lacking magic attacks so I would recommend Cecilia if yours is a +spd so she can ORKO Hector and check Takumi. However if you want max arena score she wouldn't be a good choice due to calvary having lower stat totals. If you're less concerned about being arena viable, I would say Catria would be a good choice due to Hinoka having a really good flier buff and Catria being a pretty good flier to benefit from that.

I'm not sure how to find out about the nature of the characters.

elty

Anyone know how to beat Lunatic 9-5? Both Xander and the green mage hit too hard..

I have Leo, Tiki, Hinoka, Kangero and a 4* lv32 Olivia.

Cerium

Anyone know how to beat Lunatic 9-5? Both Xander and the green mage hit too hard..

I kept getting them down to like one or two units left but I couldn't do it.

In the end I just said fuck it and used a Light's Blessing.

champloo

I always place a strong blue unit(FemCorrin/Effie) in range of Xander in first turn so that Xander makes a suicide into them. don't know how to complete the map otherwise without using item

lt519

14 straight wins in advanced now, got through that one with only one death and a score of 4200, only good for 35000 rank though. Need to finish leveling Hinoka and Nino to maximize that score. Arena is so much easier, in fact the entire game is, with Nino. She took out the unnamed guy one on one on Lunatic with a bait and then attack. 49 base attack glass cannon. Got an answer for blues (Nino even one shots Camilla) and Takumi is no problem for Robin. Just up to getting Roy into position against greens and throwing Hinoka into the reds (I think I'm going to 5* Subaki, I like his tankiness more)

Achtius

How important is spe for Saizo? I got a +atk/-spe. I probably won't roll grey/colourless orbs anytime soon. So I guess it's either that nature or use someone else.

edit: saizo doesn't debuff the target apparently, only the aoe ....he's actually not that useful =_=;

Got Hector and Linde up to 40, woo! I've been racking up on great transparent badges in the process, are there any healers worth raising to 5*? I have Lissa and Serra.

neoemonk

Rerolled a handful of times since launch, and the best I saw was two four stars. Tonight I got one five star focus and four three stars. Should I keep this roll? Do people stop once they get that five star character, or should I try more for a four star or two along with the five star? It took me probably ten tries to get this character.

Ninferno

Hi, facing tough decisions again and would like some advice. I have been running 5* Marth, Lilina, Takumi, and Raven for a while and figured out Raven is just not cutting it. While he does provide checks for blues he is such a liability to keep alive in the Arena. So I ditched him and experimented with 4* Catria and Kagero with various degrees of success. With the 20K feathers now seem within reach (I re-rolled a while back so I missed the first week of Arena feathers), I asked previously on whom I should promote and was pretty much settled on Catria. However, things changed and I just pulled a 5* Nowi yesterday. So the tough question reopens...

What I have:
5*:
Marth: +Spd,-HP. Works OK and is my only answer to Hectors.
Takumi: +Res,-Atk. Really unfortunate nature, but what am I going to do. I relied so much on Threaten Speed which combined with Marth's Spur Speed has done some wonder. My formation until now are pretty much set up around these two guys.
Lilina: +Res, -Def. Not ideal but who else am I using to deal damage to Effies? (Thank god I now have Nowi to help dealing with her) I would kill for Nino or Julia, but as of now I'm out of luck:(
Raven: Certified failure.
Nowi: +Def, -Atk. Welcome to the team, 1000-year old loli dragon. I'm not a fan of your design tbh but god damn, a much needed good blue!

Notable 4*:
Catria: Really liked her but her priority score just plunged with Nowi's arrival.
Kagero: Effective one-shoter (both giving and getting that is...), but I'm really weary of her dragging my average stats rating behind.
Merric: I have never set my sight on him before just now. I really a need a good mage to counter Effie who has given me so much trouble and my Lilina is just far from ideal in that regard. A good green mage would have been awesome, not to mention their usefulness in dealing with pains in the ass like Robins and Lindes. Unfortunately I just can't get my hands on Nino and Julia after numerous orbs. So, is the weirdo mage with high Def and laughable Res a viable substitute? Mind you, he can't comfortably beat Linde even with weapon advantage for god sake, which is sort of the whole point of having someone green. (Trivia: if you have played FE1/3/11/12, you will know that Linde had a crush on Merric, and in this game she literally CRUSHES him. Just for shits and giggles.)

So, what is my team going to be now? I pretty much have to keep Marth; and Nowi is too good to pass on. Those 2 are pretty much locked down. And then there's Takumi, I want to keep him, even just for the sake of countering fliers, but I'm open to ideas of ditching him for someone with high stats rating.

And then there's also the 20K feather question that's driving me nuts. I suppose as of now, my sensible options will be:
1. Marth/Nowi/Takumi/Linina: doesn't cost a dime. Continue with these and hope some good green mage pops up in the near future so I can replace Linina with it. FemRobin you say?
2. Marth/Nowi/ Takumi/Kagero(bumped to 5*): Cost 20K feathers. Will cry if something like 4* Nino shows up later. Plus Takumi and Kagero combined cost a bomb in terms of ratings.
3. Marth/Nowi/Takumi/Merric(bumped to 5*): Cost 20K feathers. Will cry even harder if Nino or Julia shows up later, but adds some much needed green magic to the table for now, albeit not a very powerful one.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

ggx2ac

I had no idea Cherche had the highest attack stat in the game.

56 attack at neutral. Unfortunately her speed is a little slow. She uses a hammer, so she could easily take out armored units.

lt519

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Your first option, just go with Nowi and be patient with your feathers. If they don't do another 10k promotion it'll take 6-7 weeks to build up that feather count again. Like you suggested I'd wait for a solid green mage and pass on Merric for now.

Nowi is great except against green mages and you have two reds to already counter that just fine.

Marth/Nowi/Takumi/Linina:

Your teams weakness before was you didn't have a blue, now you do and Nowi should be able to tank to get Lilina into position. I'd trade out Takumi/Lilina once you get a Linde/Nino to stay balanced.

what's the good Robin to have? Mine's +spd, -HP.

Ditto, which I'm happy with, current game seems to favor speed for double attacks, especially when you buff with other characters. A couple points in HP don't ever seem to really make a difference with a mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom