• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Got trolled by a 4* Robin...

Fuck this bullshit ass game. I'll be back when I be paid *Shakes fist*

So once the arena season ends I'll finally have enough feathers to take rank up a 4*
Who should be the lucky guy or gal out of the ones I have?
oggtBP2.jpg

alcheim

All of the previous focus characters still have the intro animation even if they're just 3*s

Was really disappointed when I pulled a Marth and it turned out to be just a 4*

ggx2ac

So once the arena season ends I'll finally have enough feathers to take rank up a 4*
Who should be the lucky guy or gal out of the ones I have?

Wow, that's a huge difference in defense to my Level 41 Lyn. Mine has 30 Def but 35 Speed: Def Up, Speed down.

I can see yours is HP up, defense down.

Ninferno

Your first option, just go with Nowi and be patient with your feathers. If they don't do another 10k promotion it'll take 6-7 weeks to build up that feather count again. Like you suggested I'd wait for a solid green mage and pass on Merric for now.

Nowi is great except against green mages and you have two reds to already counter that just fine.

Marth/Nowi/Takumi/Linina:

Your teams weakness before was you didn't have a blue, now you do and Nowi should be able to tank to get Lilina into position. I'd trade out Takumi/Lilina once you get a Linde/Nino to stay balanced.

Cool, sounds wise. Thanks bro.

Ninferno

I hope we can recruit the "Mysterious Man" in the next story update. I'd like to use a blue mage, and he's who I want.

Yeah, he should join at some point. However, he's a horseman so he will probably have below average stats which will limit his viability in the arena for sure.

Speaking of which, the oversimplified arena scoring mechanism really needs a well-thought-out revamp. I hope them can make the score sort of dynamic and inversely proportional to how popular (or in other words, how frequently they appear in the arena) your characters are. This will encourage people to explore and experiment with the less known characters. I mean, if you run a team of Hinata, Subaki, Arthur and Virion, and somehow manage to pull it off? Kudos to you, you ought to have a high score.

With this kind of inversely proportional feedback loop, over time the frequencies of characters appearing will more or less come to an equilibrium. And every time you enter the arena, you can expect to see a variety of characters. Seriously, I'm so tired of fighting the same Takumis and Robins and Lucinas over and over again.

Yeah, he should join at some point. However, he's a horseman so he will probably have below average stats which will limit his viability in the arena for sure.
I like Cavalry units, so this doesn't bother me. And assuming he's recruited via the story, his stats will be set, so no having to worry about bad IVs.

I'm working towards being able to solely use only characters I like from a design & personality perspective, and he'll fit in nicely. I'm not super fussed about having "the best" characters.

Saturday

New quests are pretty interesting; only done with a full team of one weapon (sword, axe, lance.)

Need advice on current lineup:

Takumi, Lyn (5-star)
Camilla, Olivia (4-star)

Good team, gets me through intermediate arena/pve just fine despite obvious problems (Lack of blue, Camilla.) Speaking of which, it's quite possibly the best line-up to accompany Camilla (why must you be best worst best unit) because of speed buffs/debuffs and Olivia giving Camilla another chance for a savage blow. I'd like another lineup for arena/defense, though, so not sure where to go from here. I could really easily replace Camilla, Olivia, even Lyn if I get better units. I've a four-star Marth and a Kagero, dunno if they're worth upgrading. Also a 3-star robin.

Least I'm not short on rolls, though. 61 orbs and still not done the story; there's about 20-odd orbs left of story to clear. Between those, log-in bonuses, and extra missions I should easily get 100 for the next banner, which I'm saving up for.

Shun

While it is much appreciated that Intelligent Systems is adding these 1.5x EXP and extra quests as a bandaid solution, it's insulting to straight up tell your player base not even 2 weeks within launch that there's already a content drought and we're providing these small rewards to help tide you by and convince you not to quit.

Really not a good look for Animal Crossing if they continue this conservative approach week on week.

I mean it's not too late to turn it around, Fate Grand Order had very similar problems and turned it around in 6 months time.

But you really need to get your shit together by now.

The average player and whale can only be patient for so long and squandering your momentum and a huge money faucet to fund your other projects is ridiculous.

Cerium

While it is much appreciated that Intelligent Systems is adding these 1.5x EXP and extra quests as a bandaid solution, it's insulting to straight up tell your player base not even 2 weeks within launch that there's already a content drought and we're providing these small rewards to help tide you by and convince you not to quit.

Really not a good look for Animal Crossing if they continue this conservative approach week on week.

I mean it's not too late to turn it around, Fate Grand Order had very similar problems and turned it around in 6 months time.

But you really need to get your shit together by now.

I hope you're lighting up their twitter with complaints.

So much potential here, it would be a real shame to waste it.

Also have you seen what just happened in the NBA?

I'm pretty sure these new quests are a stop gap until the next big content release, which I'm assuming is soon.

They must know that the #1 issue they have right now is a lack of stuff to do.

Daigoro

did the 10k feathers award for the twitter promo come out already? were you supposed to do something special to get them, or were they supposed to be given out to everyone?

did the 10k feathers award for the twitter promo come out already? were you supposed to do something special to get them, or were they supposed to be given out to everyone?

Check your inbox, the owl at your home base, and see if they're still there. If you had started playing the game before that date you should have it. Otherwise I'm not sure if players who joined later will have them or not...

Saturday

So you don't need a 4 stack for the new quests; you can send in only one unit- that unit being of the required weapon type- and that'll count.

Daigoro

Check your inbox, the owl at your home base, and see if they're still there. If you had started playing the game before that date you should have it. Otherwise I'm not sure if players who joined later will have them or not...

hm ok, it says i got them at some point though i dont remember redeeming them. been using them here and there on leveling up characters and ive always been under 10k. guess i just didnt notice.

thanks

Mephala

Is recruiting every character a reasonable goal in this? One of the reasons I really enjoyed Fantasy War Tactics is that I could grind out almost every character with the exception of event ones where I have to wait for the events to come again. I like these games a lot less when I have to gatcha for units.

Cerium

Is recruiting every character a reasonable goal in this? One of the reasons I really enjoyed Fantasy War Tactics is that I could grind out almost every character with the exception of event ones where I have to wait for the events to come again. I like these games a lot less when I have to gatcha for units.

It's reasonable if you're a whale.

ggx2ac

Because I dropped below 5000 in rank I spent my last dueling crests and ended up getting a perfect 7-win streak.

4530 points, up from 4489 or something.

And here's me doing a draw back and drag back that saved my ass.

Eirika is about to kill Frederick, but if she does, she'll get attacked by Ephraim.
C5F8ZdlUMAAA9YI.jpg

I move Lyn to the left so that Eirika can draw back after killing Frederick.
C5F8b9SUoAAvwXW.jpg

Finally, I drag back Eirika with Nino to take her out of range from Ephraim.
C5F8eP-VMAQPvVj.jpg

Vena

Because I dropped below 5000 in rank I spent my last dueling crests and ended up getting a perfect 7-win streak.

Which unit is holding back your average?

Shun

Pretty sure 4,600 is going to be the minimum for Top 1,000 rank this season.

I'm just barely scraping by at this level.

I hope you're lighting up their twitter with complaints.

So much potential here, it would be a real shame to waste it.

Also have you seen what just happened in the NBA?

I'm pretty sure these new quests are a stop gap until the next big content release, which I'm assuming is soon.

They must know that the #1 issue they have right now is a lack of stuff to do.

The issue is that there shouldn't be a stopgap to begin with.

There shouldn't be any need for a bandaid solution, you should have content ready.

If you go up and partner with DeNA how you go and mess up already this early when this is your first smartphone game with gacha.

If they don't ramp it up or turn it around in the first 6-8 months, you're not going to have much goodwill.

I already filled my survey out and been tweeting at them.

Like I love Fire Emblem, I have been a fan for decades. Fire Emblem 4 and 5 were my first ever RPGs back when I was a kid.

I've been living with Intelligent Systems disappointing me forever. This isn't new, but somehow they still manage to disappoint me.

Ninferno

Cool to see you pull that trick off. Congrats.

Pretty sure 4,600 is going to be the minimum for Top 1,000 rank this season.

I'm just barely scraping by at this level.

The issue is that there shouldn't be a stopgap to begin with.

There shouldn't be any need for a bandaid solution, you should have content ready.

If you go up and partner with DeNA how you go and mess up already this early when this is your first smartphone game with gacha.

If they don't ramp it up or turn it around in the first 6-8 months, you're not going to have much goodwill.

I already filled my survey out and been tweeting at them.

Like I love Fire Emblem, I have been a fan for decades. Fire Emblem 4 and 5 were my first ever RPGs back when I was a kid.

I've been living with Intelligent Systems disappointing me forever. This isn't new, but somehow they still manage to disappoint me.

Christ alive. I remember why I don't like reading smartphone reviews.

I don't think they actually killed your unborn child by not having infinite content in the f2p gacha game, in the first month, just because you are at a point where the quests are largely easy.

Spoil this for you now, the game is never going to satisfy you.

Shun

No because most every single one of the most popular and top performing games have had much more and better content, with a brand new IP, with less money than Nintendo all within the first month, and year.

I dead ass want this game to be good, I still think it can be good.

It's disappointing to see them continue to squander shit.

I'm not the only one complaining, a shit ton of regular gacha players are too.

lt519

You obviously like the game enough to be a top 1% player. Take a break man, the game has been out for two weeks and they've practically been releasing new quests/maps daily, just cause you can breeze through it in 5 minutes doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom