• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing those mastery quests was a lil emotional rollercoaster :p
At first I saw them and got excited at the prospect of having to dig through my roster to make one-weapon teams instead of the usual suspects.
Then it turned to horror as I realised I had only a single axe user (Anna :p)
Followed by relief when I realised you can do it with just one character using those weapons.

I definitely think more events that encourage us to use a wider variety of characters rather than our optimised arena/mission teams would be nice though :p

_Legacy_

I fell out of the top 10 - 30k rank this weekend with a score of 4200 (roughly). Used a bunch of dueling swords and got the max possible (for my team, three level 40's and Serra at 32) score of 4336 (that's without any deaths for the entire run), now rank 19,234. Hope I don't fall out again before season ends later today.

massoluk

Banned
What is
fTmEjVm.png
Going
On
T_T

Venfayth

Sorry for your luck!

Also, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but you can make imgur images appropriately sized by putting an l at the end of the file name before the extension.

So instead of doing
[ quote=][ img]http://i.imgur.com/fTmEjVm.png[ /img][ /quote]

You can do

[ img]http://i.imgur.com/fTmEjVml.png[ /img]

which results in

fTmEjVml.png

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The new quests gave me enough orbs to pull again. Still no 5*s, but I did nab a 4* Robin which was very nice. And Nino remains my sole 4* or better green unit. I even orb hunted this time instead of just pulling whatever five showed up first. Looks like I'm going to have to promote either Anna or Gunter for now.

turnbuckle

Worked my way up to 40 orbs and finally decided to summon.

No 5*
Two - 4* (Roy and Virion, which I already have 4*s of each)
Eight - 3*

My initial roll had a 5* Tiki and 5* Catria. I've probably gone through 100 orbs since without another.

Feels bad. *Almost* decided to buy orbs out of desperation but I'm trying to stay strong. Been biding my time leveling and promoting my lower ranked units cus I can't bear to spend weeks waiting for 20,000k feathers with nothing else to do in-game.

Hope they put in a few more ways to acquire feathers otherwise I'm about to hit a 4* wall.

OVDRobo

Went for a pull just because I had enough orbs. Got:
5* Tiki (Young)
2 x 4* Olivia
3* Wrys and 4* Clarine

Nothing I'm personally jumping for joy over since I've already got a solid team and was looking for characters I like, but it was a good pull with some really strong units regardless. Tiki's meant to be one of the better units in the game, right? No need to upgrade Olivia either, now that I've got two 4*. I'm considering merging them for the +1 since I'll probably never boost her to 5*

Not gonna lie... commando Anna was an interesting set of missions. As my only axe user she had to go it alone and I had her at the level where it was possible but every move counted. Lots of making sure I lured ranged units into her axe's range to take a shot, working out whether to attack or let them attack and making sure you fought only 1 unit at a time where possible to reduce the incoming damage. You could say this is the game as usual but without the backup of 3 other peeps it felt very different, especially watching that limited resource we call hp ticking down with every fight :3

Well with me finally getting a 5* on rolls 26-30 i thought maybe my luck was going to turn around. So I got rolls 31-35 this morning.

4 3*
1 4*

All Repeats. the 4* and one 3* were both Gordin who I already had a 4* of.

Seeing as I have spent exactly no money on this game I just have to laugh at my terrible luck.

kswiston

Today brought me back up above 20, but I am going to hoard my orbs until they put up a new banner.

Also, I wonder if this is the week they mix up Arena. I should probably level my Seliph, just in case.

Dragner

I have my theory that we will have a new banner on wednesday. To have alternate banners enter and leaving while 2 up at the same time. Only 1 banner is bad for bussiness.

I've read that Japan has a thing for designing male characters to be less visually pleasing than female characters. In this game it definitely is true so far; I have yet to summon a male character that has a cool design.

Draxal

I have my theory that we will have a new banner on wednesday. To have alternate banners enter and leaving while 2 up at the same time. Only 1 banner is bad for bussiness.

That is a theory alot of us have come up with. I just need to know if Alphonse or Sharena I'll be in the next arena. Because if they are Sharena is getting promoted tomorrow.

I've read that Japan has a thing for designing male characters to be less visually pleasing than female characters. In this game it definitely is true so far; I have yet to summon a male character that has a cool design.
Doesn't stop them constantly cramming male Corrin down our throats with a 5 star summon and animation while trying to hide female corrin in the 4 stars with no intro animation and cruddy art :/

jzbluz

My Robin sucks, and it's not like I even need him to deal with Takumi.

Wouldn't it depend on the demographics? Wouldn't that be proof that FE is aimed mostly at guys?

elty

Sword users: lv32 Olivia and a lv20 Alfonse
Axe users: lv20 Narcian and lv21 Anna
Lance users: lv40 Hinoka and a lv32 Sharena

Tiki, Kagero and Leo: crying in corner

Achtius

Seeing those mastery quests was a lil emotional rollercoaster :p
At first I saw them and got excited at the prospect of having to dig through my roster to make one-weapon teams instead of the usual suspects.
Then it turned to horror as I realised I had only a single axe user (Anna :p)
Followed by relief when I realised you can do it with just one character using those weapons.

I definitely think more events that encourage us to use a wider variety of characters rather than our optimised arena/mission teams would be nice though :p

The good thing is that the ones with orbs is easy. Can you imagine needing to clear 7-5 lunatic with full axe user to get an orb?

What is the method of checking if a unit has + or - stats? i'm trying to check online but not seeing how to do so, I understand it's to do with level 1 stat points that you total up in some way?

Achtius

Ephraim, lon'qu and Niles are really good.

And to counter your point Cordelia and cherche art are just bad.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The new quests are nice. Good way to get a few more orbs, I guess.

Did a pull with the extra orbs and got nothing useful. Back to Robin as my ranged guy.

My Robin sucks, and it's not like I even need him to deal with Takumi.

Wouldn't it depend on the demographics? Wouldn't that be proof that FE is aimed mostly at guys?

I don't know. What demographic was Nintendo trying to reach with Heroes being a cellphone game? The game is solid and I really enjoy the summons added in the series. It's like a more dramatic version of Pokemon evolving.

Ephraim, lon'qu and Niles are really good.

And to counter your point Cordelia and cherche art are just bad.

Dang. I haven't summoned any of those characters to my knowledge. Is there an image that displays all the character designs in one image to look at on a computer screen? I'd love to get a easy-to-see comparison of men and women in the game.

Doesn't stop them constantly cramming male Corrin down our throats with a 5 star summon and animation while trying to hide female corrin in the 4 stars with no intro animation and cruddy art :/
Gels with the Smash 4 Corrin being default male.

gaiages

Banned
It feels weird, I have like no good sword units besides a 4* Marth that I think has bad IVs (he's just not that great)... the Sword Mastery missions are going to be a pain D: At least Alphonse gets to do something, I guess...

Also the Axe Mastery missions will be quite easy, even with just my two 5* axe users, lol.

That's gatcha for you, I guess :p

Mupod

another 20 orbs, another bunch of junk. Like at this point I'd settle for a 4* that wasn't -atk, 5* is a pipe dream. Is there a way to find out how many orbs you've spent? I've gotten every free one possible +70 and I've only found two 5*, and one was the first roll I started with (I kept it because my friend said Lyn was good).

I just started leveling Sharena and Anna, lol.

varsas

Neo Member
Regarding merging quoted in the OP, should merging only be done for 5* characters or does merging lower rarity characters also result in base stat boosts for the final version after I upgrade?

Draxal

Regarding merging quoted in the OP, should merging only be done for 5* characters or does merging lower rarity characters also result in base stat boosts for the final version after I upgrade?

Only for max characters. You'd only merge lower stars characters if you are running out of space.

Dragner

No, you lose the stats but you keep the SP. Its logical, it would be really easy to fuse 10 3* Nino and make it into a +10 5* one.

The good thing is that the ones with orbs is easy. Can you imagine needing to clear 7-5 lunatic with full axe user to get an orb?
Haha, yeah. I was pleasantly surprised when the orb challenges were both in the level 14 range :3

My axe team:

Such diversity :p

Gels with the Smash 4 Corrin being default male.
Yeah, well, it goes a bit further than that. Y'see, Robin's default is male but check the header on the official page here: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/reflet.html
See how both male and female robin are in it?
Now check Corrin's here: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/kamui.html
See anyone missing? :p

Add on to the fact that there's already been polls, both official and unofficial that show that female Kamui was the popular one after Fates came out and long before FE:H it seems odd to me that they're still determinedly pushing m.Corrin. Male being default in smash I can kind of write off to it maybe having been all signed and in production before the chasm between the two became clear (though the exclusion of female corrin from the header is... worryingly strange) but by FE:H they should've known by then that they're just doubling down on their first decision rather than acknowledging that it doesn't follow the actual interest of the fans.

I mean, I'd say there's a reason that female Corrin is getting a nendroid and figma while the male isn't, but then I just find myself wondering why they only concede to acknowledge it with physical merchandise (which for f.Corrin apparently sells very well) and not in the games themselves.

aett

So I'm trying to round out my selection of blue and green characters, and I ended up with 5-star Ephraim and Julia.

NZnHw2vl.jpg

Most FE Heroes websites haven't updated with info on the newest units, so: has anyone used them? Are they any good?

redcrayon

So I'm trying to round out my selection of blue and green characters, and I ended up with 5-star Ephraim and Julia.

NZnHw2vl.jpg

Most FE Heroes websites haven't updated with info on the newest units, so: has anyone used them? Are they any good?
General impressions I've heard is that Julia is a strong Mage, while Ephraim isn't any better than other 5* blue melee units. His skills are good though, anti-armour, a special and an inate attack buff for nearby friendlies. If you've got a mainly infantry team he probably synergises better with them than blue cavalry and fliers, in exchange for the lack of manouverability. A bit like Oboro, but better.

PtM

Banned
My phone is officially supported finally. Now I don't have to redownload my data every time I get a communication error (I hope)
You could have deleted /data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount:.XML, with root.

Here's me leveling my healer.

NZnHw2vl.jpg

I can only speak for Julia.
She's got the second highest res stat in the game and her attack is up near the top too so she's very potent and the addition of dragon-slaying (aka effectiveness against dragon units) means she's one of the few units I'd keep my f.Corrin the heck away from (this coming from a player who happily throws f.Corrin against other dragon-slayers like Lucina) and she can be a scary opponent for other mages.
Other upsides are that she can heal friendly units around her whenever she attacks (which isn't critical but it's nice to have I guess) and she gets +2 def/res when attacked (which again isn't huge but helps her to have the 2nd highest res in the game, only beat by felicia)

The main downsides of Julia is that her defence is paper (being vulnerable to physical is fairly standard for a mage but she's even more vulnerable than most) and her speed isn't great so she might get doubled by a few units (she has roughly the same speed as m.Robin)
To be honest, if it weren't for her meh speed stat I don't think any of the other mages could deal with her, but being able to double attack her helps some get a much needed edge that prevents her being the ultimate 1v1 spell-slinger.
Just... uh... keep her away from physical attackers at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom