• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Woah just had a 264 defense, 3rd 260+ this week, what scores are people getting?

Aww. I do wish that Arena was about average stat totals. :/ Ultimately, it will become a pigeonholed bucket of a handful of max-potential stat heroes.

I think that is the point of having bonus heroes. They can change the meta by changing the bonus heroes and forcing people to move away from the current banner heroes.

Roman

Nice quests, they are really scrambling to come up with "content" they can repeat monthly.

On another note I had enough orbs to pay for my regular order of feathers.

image.png

ggx2ac

I'm disappointed that they decided that rewards in the training tower for Mondays are the same as the weekend.

I was expecting a new reward, like the chance to farm feathers. Instead it's more badges.

This is ridiculous, I have plenty of badges, look.

What I don't have is plenty of feathers to go with it.

Woah just had a 264 defense, 3rd 260+ this week, what scores are people getting?

269 is my highest and from this week.

PK Gaming

Because I dropped below 5000 in rank I spent my last dueling crests and ended up getting a perfect 7-win streak.

4530 points, up from 4489 or something.

And here's me doing a draw back and drag back that saved my ass.

The positional abilities are way undervalued

They're so so so good

Shun

Nah, I dont think so, I have 658 rank at 4586 and my rank barely moved yesterday. No way I lose 350 ranks in one day.

I'm at 4580 right now and I'm afraid of capping out, earlier I was 4572 and that's already out of top 1,000.

People are moving fast. Top 1,000 ranks have been shuffling a bit more so this season that last.

Azuran

Banned
Christ alive. I remember why I don't like reading smartphone reviews.

I don't think they actually killed your unborn child by not having infinite content in the f2p gacha game, in the first month, just because you are at a point where the quests are largely easy.

Spoil this for you now, the game is never going to satisfy you.

lol is this your first gacha or something? The lack of content right now is completely unacceptable when other similar games start out with a lot more during the first month. This is the first RPG gacha I've ever played where I have felt disappointed because there's absolutely NOTHING to do. Raising characters just for the hell of it is not content.

Nobody is asking for infinite content. We're asking for meaningful content that makes us want to log in every day and actually play. Stop gaps solutions this early into the game is absolutely laughable. Maybe you have low ass standard for F2P games and that's why you don't see what's wrong, but some of us here don't.

redcrayon

lol is this your first gacha or something? The lack of content right now is completely unacceptable when other similar games start out with a lot more during the first month. This is the first RPG gacha I've ever played where I have felt disappointed because there's absolutely NOTHING to do. Raising characters just for the hell of it is not content.

Nobody is asking for infinite content. We're asking for meaningful content that makes us want to log in every day and actually play. Stop gaps solutions this early into the game is absolutely laughable. Maybe you have low ass standard for F2P games and that's why you don't see what's wrong, but some of us here don't.
I haven't played other games like this so can't comment on what's standard or not, but personally I disagree with the bolded point. I like the battles, they are the meat of the game to me, and I've found the tiny skirmishes I can resolve in under two minute to be quite fun. Raising a variety of characters to have a strong, rounded roster is useful with quests like 'use only Sword wielders' or 'do X with cavalry', it's not just raising them for the heck of it. It's been useful to have a number of 4* characters that I've levelled way past Lv20 as I can tailor strong teams to quests even if they aren't my A-list arena choice. I'm really only just starting to have enough high-level characters to use teams that exploit the skill synergies a bit more, like buffed heavy armour teams that can throw each other at vulnerable enemies or flier teams that can leave half the enemy stranded while they defeat them in detail. I like playing around with that stuff and TBH find it much more interesting than arena where I'm fighting the same few characters over and over again and never seeing 80% of the rest of the cast.

More content is good, but if you view the battles and levelling up of a variety of heroes as 'not content' I'm not really sure what you're asking for more of, could you clarify? Again, I don't play these games often, sorry if I've missed the point.

Trunx28

Got 20 orbs for a full summon through the new weapon quest .. and got 3 3* and 2 4* .. playing since release and NEVER had any 5* till now .. Come on, how are you guys pulling 5* left and right? That's really annoying ..

redcrayon

Got 20 orbs for a full summon through the new weapon quest .. and got 3 3* and 2 4* .. playing since release and NEVER had any 5* till now .. Come on, how are you guys pulling 5* left and right? That's really annoying ..
What I find mildly annoying is that the increased odds to summon a 5* after each session where you don't gain one don't carry over to the next banner. I rarely have enough orbs for more than 2-3 summoning sessions per banner.

If you've been playing since launch you must have enough feathers to promote someone by now though- who is going to be the lucky hero(ine)? :)

Azuran

Banned
I haven't played other games like this so can't comment on what's standard or not, but personally I disagree with the bolded point. I like the battles, they are the meat of the game to me, and I've found the tiny skirmishes I can resolve in under two minute to be quite fun. Raising a variety of characters to have a strong, rounded roster is useful with quests like 'use only Sword wielders' or 'do X with cavalry', it's not just raising them for the heck of it. It's been useful to have a number of 4* characters that I've levelled way past Lv20 as I can tailor strong teams to quests even if they aren't my A-list arena choice. I'm really only just starting to have enough high-level characters to use teams that exploit the skill synergies a bit more, like buffed heavy armour teams that can throw each other at vulnerable enemies or flier teams that can leave half the enemy stranded while they defeat them in detail.

More content is good, but if you view the battles and levelling up of a variety of heroes as 'not content' I'm not really sure what you're asking for more of, could you clarify? Again, I don't play these games often, sorry if I've missed the point.

I don't consider raising character "content" because that's an essential aspect of the game. When I say content, I want something that makes me feel like I'm progressing towards something. For example, most gacha games tend to have event missions that you have to play multiple times a day for a week in order to unlock exclusive or time-limited rewards. While it can be a grind if you're aiming for the best prize, it demands the player to play, which is what you want in a game like this.

That's just one example of something they could do. It would also give a purpose to raising characters because you know you're going to be using them towards something. Right now, it doesn't matter much because you can rush through the majority of the story and all the special missions/paralogues with a high level team using the same four units, which kills some of the drive. Furthermore, having the same free units pop up again so soon means that people don't have an incentive to play those missions anymore.

Trunx28

What I find mildly annoying is that the increased odds to summon a 5* after each session where you don't gain one don't carry over to the next banner. I rarely have enough orbs for more than 2-3 summoning sessions per banner.

If you've been playing since launch you must have enough feathers to promote someone by now though- who is going to be the lucky hero(ine)? :)

I have around 10k feathers right now, as I promoted some 2* to 3* and 4*. Strongest team is made of Gunter, Catria, Olivia and Lilina (all level 39 right now). They fight ok on medium in the Arena, but the highest rank is always full of Takumis ..

redcrayon

I don't consider raising character "content" because that's an essential aspect of the game. When I say content, I want something that makes me feel like I'm progressing towards something. For example, most gacha games tend to have event missions that you have to play multiple times a day for a week in order to unlock exclusive or time-limited rewards. While it can be a grind if you're aiming for the best prize, it demands the player to play, which is what you want in a game like this.

That's just one example of something they could do. It would also give a purpose to raising characters because you know you're going to be using them towards something. Right now, it doesn't matter much because you can rush through the majority of the story and all the special missions/paralogues with a high level team, which kills some of the drive. Furthermore, having the same free units pop up again so soon means that people don't have an incentive to play those anymore.

Ah, I see what you mean, thanks for explaining.

Actually, that reminds me, I have played something similar (in terms of randomly drawn characters and daily logins and events)- Marvel Puzzle Quest about four years ago. The event campaigns were pretty cool and encouraged repetition. I think I lost interest pretty fast when the PVP aspect got to the point where it was almost impossible to win a match against high-level players and whales though. They had insanely rare and more powerful versions of the same characters more casual players like me had, and the rarer they were, they seemed to have ridiculously higher level limits (I may be misremembering this, it's been ages). I appreciate that the game was really aimed at keeping those dedicated players interested though, and as someone who read the comics as a kid the production values and lore were very cool. I much prefer the Fire Emblem approach where even top tier arena play isn't leagues above what a relatively casual player can muster with the right team though.

redcrayon

I have around 10k feathers right now, as I promoted some 2* to 3* and 4*. Strongest team is made of Gunter, Catria, Olivia and Lilina (all level 39 right now). They fight ok on medium in the Arena, but the highest rank is always full of Takumis ..
Sounds like you're holding your own as a 4* team though, that's nothing to worry about. My Catria is also 4* and she's turned out to be much stronger than she looks!

I get stomped by Takumi teams too, as my arena team has two fliers. What I need is some serious heavy armour that can bait him and bounce the hit, but the only one I have is Gwendoline. She's sweet but so defensive, I'd prefer one of the armour units than can hit back harder. Still, looking at the odds I think we have to make our peace with this game that you make the best of what the RNG provides!

GenG3000

I got about 4330 in the arena with 5* Lucina and 4* Robin, Fredrick and Cordelia. How much is needed for rank 30k-10k right now?

EDIT: 21,887 right now.

Scratch

Pretty sure 4,600 is going to be the minimum for Top 1,000 rank this season.

I'm just barely scraping by at this level.

4622 here and I'm sitting at 286 right now. Earlier I was at 4574 and was ranked at 935 or something. Not sure how competitive it'll get in the last 12 hours though. I better not get bumped from Top 1000...I used so many dueling swords lol

Dragner

4622 here and I'm sitting at 286 right now. Earlier I was at 4574 and was ranked at 935 or something. Not sure how competitive it'll get in the last 12 hours though. I better not get bumped from Top 1000...I used so many dueling swords lol

What team did you use to get that rank?

ggx2ac

Almost the same as mine Hector, Nowi, Marth, Linde. But mage low stats probably dragged me down a bit. Have Eirika available so I may try her in the future, sadly mine has the worst IV ever (-SPD +RES).

My Eirika barely ever fights. She just stands there and lets Nino do everything.

Scratch

Almost the same as mine Hector, Nowi, Marth, Linde. But mage low stats probably dragged me down a bit. Have Eirika available so I may try her in the future, sadly mine has the worst IV ever (-SPD +RES).

Ahhhh, I'm jealous. I really want Linde!

Yeah the team feels a lot better than I thought it would. Eirika can tank Hector and pull reds out of position for your team to jump on. If against a bunch of blues (or Lucina), she can just buff the squad. The hardest maps for me had Robin/Takumi on these narrow paths that didn't let me spread my units around. Suffered a lot of losses on those maps...

The advanced points for each battle ranged from around 656 to 668, in case you were curious about the distribution

Dragner

My Eirika barely ever fights. She just stands there and lets Nino do everything.

Yeah with Nino she doesnt need to do much becasue Nino will kill everything for her. Sadly not mages allowed if I want to top my score(unless I whale like crazy for a +10 mage). I hope IS changes that. It narrows a lot of the char elections if you aim for top 1000.

ggx2ac

Yeah with Nino she doesnt need to do much becasue Nino will kill everything for her. Sadly not mages allowed if I want to top my score(unless I whale like crazy for a +10 mage). I hope IS changes that. It narrows a lot of the char elections if you aim for top 1000.

I can't do much else with Eirika, her attack is weak. She cannot handle Hector, that's why I needed a second red character.

Trunx28

Sounds like you're holding your own as a 4* team though, that's nothing to worry about. My Catria is also 4* and she's turned out to be much stronger than she looks!

I get stomped by Takumi teams too, as my arena team has two fliers. What I need is some serious heavy armour that can bait him and bounce the hit, but the only one I have is Gwendoline. She's sweet but so defensive, I'd prefer one of the armour units than can hit back harder. Still, looking at the odds I think we have to make our peace with this game that you make the best of what the RNG provides!

tried the hardest level in the arena ones more after your post and trashed two Takumi / Camilla teams. feelsgoodman.gif Lured them into one corner of the map, took the first Takumi-hit with Hector and Lilina did the rest with her really high attack.

so yeah, you CAN survive this game with 4*s only. You just have to use the right strategy.

redcrayon

tried the hardest level in the arena ones more after your post and trashed two Takumi / Camilla teams. feelsgoodman.gif Lured them into one corner of the map, took the first Takumi-hit with Hector and Lilina did the rest with her really high attack.

so yeah, you CAN survive this game with 4*s only. You just have to use the right strategy.
Good work sir :)

Those quest while nice show they don't really know what they are doing :)

They need one simple content type that would allow sinking infinite amount of stamina into it.

For example in destiny of spirits we had event bosses which had 50+ levels of increasing difficulty - with cumulative rewards increasing with each level defeated.

Did another pull this morning after all the new quest orbs and got a sixth(!) Henry. I literally have only ever gotten any other character twice. Why do I keep getting Henrys, so many Henrys.

den

Did another pull this morning after all the new quest orbs and got a sixth(!) Henry. I literally have only ever gotten any other character twice. Why do I keep getting Henrys, so many Henrys.

On the last set of banners I managed to pull 6 lissas and then she later showed up as special maps. I'm also now up to my third saizo in 2 20 pulls

alcheim

I know the feeling. I've gotten 3* Jagen, Bartre and Gunter multiple times... like 4-5 times each.

...and to troll me even further, my last three 5-star pulls all ended up as Fae. I just want to get 5* Hector/Julia.

ggx2ac

right? I'm running Selena with my Hector/Effie team. Reposition helps a lot moving their slow asses.

Now I feel bad sending home tons of Selenas that I had gotten.

I still have one but I need Effie at 5* first.

I guess I could use Roy although his Shove might not be as good as Reposition.

Selena is literally an anti-Hector with her Armourslayer and Threaten Spd is pretty handy.

Mephala

It's reasonable if you're a whale.

God damn it. Guess I'll skip this game after all. One of the reasons I like Fire Emblem is because there is a huge cast of obtainable characters and i can choose who I want to use. No point if obtaining them becomes a RNG mess.

OVDRobo

Oh, great. The new quests give shards and badges. Just what I needed for all these level 20/40 units swimming in my pile of badges earned from levelling them.

I'm grateful for the free orbs, but I'd really like some way to earn feathers real soon so I can actually keep playing past the first 20 minutes of my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom