• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekid

How is beating 7-3 Lunatic with all sword users even possible? I brought in three level 40 5* sword users and they couldn't deal with the spear armor at all. Is there a sword user with armorslayer or something?

If you have a falchion user who can deal damage to the Knight and survive just deal quickly with the others units and use the heal of the falchion to slowly kill the Knight.

Izayoi

Banned
How common are 5* pulls?

Been playing for a few days now (less than 10 summons) and I haven't seen one yet.

Not spending any money on this...

Dragner

How common are 5* pulls?

Been playing for a few days now (less than 10 summons) and I haven't seen one yet.

you should get a 5* each 60-80 orbs at least. You can get more or less but that seems like the average.

Venfayth

How common are 5* pulls?

3% for a five star, 3 more % for a featured 5%, so altogether a 6% chance. Every five summons that doesn't result in a five star slightly increases your chances of getting a five star.

I think the average is something like one five star every 15-20 summons?

How common are 5* pulls?

If you only do focus colors it should be 6% chance per pull (although there's alternative theory which put's chances at 6-9%) we are looking at expected value of around 0,3 for 20 orbs.

Sushen

Help me with a new team since I lost my save data. I have
5* marth, seliph, hinoka
4* maria, tharja, jeorge

What would be the best team out of these members that'll be competitive in both story and arena?
Sorry for the repeat but I want more options

Memles

Had to use two orbs to get through Lunatic 7-3 with Sword users, but it positions me to upgrade one of my sword users to 5*, so I figure it's worth it (I'm also sitting above 20, waiting to see if there's another summon option before pulling).

On that note: once I collect enough feathers, what makes sense as my first 4* to 5* transition between Red and Transparent?

I've got Niles for Transparent, and then Marth, Hana, Olivia, Caeda and Laslow for Red. I'm going to wait to see if I pull some 5* (I have yet to do so) before making any decisions, but I'm curious who people think would make the most sense as an upgrade. Hana has certainly been my MVP, and it seems like she'd benefit from the stronger Armorslayer and the further-increased Attack/Speed.

Ahnez

YES, the mastery quests don't require a full party. Since I only have 2 lance users..... lol

At least I can get the orbs from the lance quests

Toezilla

Neo Member
Am I missing something? Is there any rhyme or reason to the great badges that are awarded from the training missions? I have 42 red, and less than 7 of all the others....I have also pulled 3 red 5*s so red great badges are basically useless to me. I need to upgrade a 4* green or colourless.

Had to use two orbs to get through Lunatic 7-3 with Sword users, but it positions me to upgrade one of my sword users to 5*, so I figure it's worth it (I'm also sitting above 20, waiting to see if there's another summon option before pulling).

Wait, you used orbs to get through a quest for 20 badges? Yikes, I wouldn't recommend doing that again. You'll be swimming in them by the time you actually need them, and orbs are still quite limited.

Am I missing something? Is there any rhyme or reason to the great badges that are awarded from the training missions? I have 42 red, and less than 7 of all the others....I have also pulled 3 red 5*s so red great badges are basically useless to me. I need to upgrade a 4* green or colourless.

That just means you've been playing on certain days more than others.
Saturday, Sunday and nwo Monday give random colour badges. Tuesdays give Scarlet, Wednesday Azure, Thursday Verdant, Friday Transparent coloured badges, in both varieties for each day.

Vecks

Last arena streak at 4069 points, for a 61,727 ranking. I guess I can safely get the extra 500 now. Still need almost 3000 more feathers. *sigh*

Memles

Wait, you used orbs to get through a quest for 20 badges? Yikes, I wouldn't recommend doing that again. You'll be swimming in them by the time you actually need them, and orbs are still quite limited.

Shrug—the mastery quests gave me two orbs, I used them for the great badges. I'm not playing seriously enough to feel like two orbs are going to make a difference.

Dragner

Is Seliph that bad? Also, what's the opinion on Peri?

You need exactly a Seliph without -HP or -DEF, that Seliph can actually 1v1 every lord in the game including a Lucina that isnt +ATK. If you get a +SPD one if you combine him with someone that can Hone Speed (like Eirika for example) he becomes a Beast that can tank and kill 2-3 units by itself.

Also he has Rally speed that is one of the best skills in the game. So he is far from bad but you need an specific build to make him work.

Fireblend

Banned
Finally beat 9-2 in Lunatic!

Thanks to a team of Julia, Robin, Lilina and Selena. Came down to the wire too. B-Team training paying off!

Now need some tips for the other 3 stages, though I'm sure I'll manage eventually.

Vecks

How common are 5* pulls?

I feel like it's not too bad. I started with a 5 star when the game first opened up, and since then, using up all the orbs (besides the ones used to upgrade the castle fully), I've gotten 3 more.

Sushen

You need exactly a Seliph without -HP or -DEF, that Seliph can actually 1v1 every lord in the game including a Lucina that isnt +ATK. If you get a +SPD one if you combine him with someone that can Hone Speed (like Eirika for example) he becomes a Beast that can tank and kill 2-3 units by itself.

Also he has Rally speed that is one of the best skills in the game. So he is far from bad but you need an specific build to make him work.
How can I tell whether my Seliph is -hp or -def? Or, spd +?

Don't have any high leveled axe users, time to level 4* Sheena and Gunter. My Anna is still 2 stars.

My 4* gunter is putting in a lot of work, especially when paired with my 4* Eilwood given the cavalry bonuses both give.

Sadly he's going to go B Team once I get my 5* Julia up to speed.

Ekid

As expected I got knocked out of the top 10k today so I decided to do one last attempt with my four highest rated characters.
Just finished 7 wins in a row and got 4476pts which should easily be enough to re-enter the top 10k (was 10300 with 40 less points).
My team was:
5* Marth
5* Tharja
5* Eirika
4* Sherana

The last fight was incredibly close thanks to Linde. My Tharja was able to double her with Eirika's buffs but was brought down to 1hp in the process.

Unfortunately I didn't got any defense win this week, and also won't have enough feathers to promote Sherana tomorrow.
I sure saw a fuckton of 5* Sherana in the arena today though.

Dragner

Secured top 1000 as expected. I will end around 770. But competition is harder each week. I got basically the same rank last week with 60 less points.

Gotchaye

I didn't quite make the top 1k. I won't have a shot at it for a while because I don't have a blue with a rating above 169 and I won't be able to raise Sharena for another 3 weeks. Annoying.

I got really lucky and have the following 5*

Lyn, Camilla, Takumi (x2), Lucina, Hawkeye, Julia.

Any suggestions on what kind of team I should build? I actually haven't played a single game of arena yet...

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Any suggestions on what kind of team I should build? I actually haven't played a single game of arena yet...

Depends on their natures, but at first glance, you'd probably want Lucina over Lyn and Julia's a good green mage (since you don't have any other 5* mages). My guess is then Takumi + a Blue?

ggx2ac

You need a blue unit.

Take Lucina, Takumi, Julia, Takumi.

Have Lucina use Luna. You'll hardly be able to use Aether.

Sterok

I'm good on sword and lance users, but Camilla is my only 4* axe user. I hope Narcian, Barst, Anna, and Frederick at 3* can handle everything those quests need.

Cerium

Lucina, Julia, and double Takumis. The need for a blue is overblown; I can't think of any reds in the meta that you won't be able to kill with Takumi.

If you really want a blue for balance then focus on upgrading Sharena to 5* and then eventually merge your Takumis.

Lucina, Julia, Takumi, and Sharena is a really good team.

ggx2ac

Lucina, Julia, and double Takumis. The need for a blue is overblown; I can't think of any reds in the meta that you won't be able to kill with Takumi.

If you really want a blue for balance then focus on upgrading Sharena to 5* and then eventually merge your Takumis.

Lucina, Julia, Takumi, and Sharena is a really good team.

Ryoma, distant counter + defiant attack.

Thanks so much!
I couldn't tell if Galeforce on Lyn was actually useful and which green makes sense.

I don't have any decent blues I think to upgrade so Takumi it is until I roll someone :)

Dee Dee

People said I was mad when I started leveling every single character I had out of boredom. Hahaha! Unfortunately just got everyone to around level 18. Well, got all the orbs from the mastery quests, and the second part shouldn't be a problem. Not sure I can get through the very hard parts, like training tower level 7 with a team that does not include Takumi.

Got 6 more days though, let's do this!

Mupod

yeah I got all kinds of ideas for where I want to take my characters but that either requires luck that I don't have, or another 24,000 feathers pulled out of my ass.

Hopefully getting Olivia to 40 will mean I can break 50k next time but even a perfect advanced run only got me 500 feathers. I hope they change the scoring or widen the ranks a bit in the future.

my last 40 orbs on this banner got me jack shit but I'll be able to try again in a few days. Eirika would actually fit pretty well if I want to raise up Nino. Nino/Sharena would be awesome too, but I need to get SOMEONE to 5 if I want a better ranking.

People said I was mad when I started leveling every single character I had out of boredom. Hahaha! Unfortunately just got everyone to around level 18. Well, got all the orbs from the mastery quests, and the second part shouldn't be a problem. Not sure I can get through the very hard parts, like training tower level 7 with a team that does not include Takumi.

I leveled a lot of my people too, partly to try and find if I had anyone with really great stats worth spending feathers on. I even made a spreadsheet, which I posted earlier. The Nino I have is very good.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Yeh it's helped me a lot too. I have at least 2 chars in each category over lvl 25 because of that, most 30 or above. I basically trained up all my 4* characters (and my 1 5* who's now maxed).

Fireblend

Banned
I'll finally have 20k feathers once the arena reopens. Looking for suggestions on which 4* to upgrade, and maybe future upgrades as well:

f1NTocP.png

Leaning towards Nowi, and then I'll focus on Sharena, or maybe Olivia though I heard all she's good for is dancing so I might as well just leave her as a 3* forever Thoughts? I really like F. Corrin, Selena and Lilina as well.

Though I might as well keep them and see if the need for a particular 5* arises at some point... I do have a pretty good 5* roster atm.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Just found the one thing that may make me drop this game. After about 80 orbs, I've received Eirika x3. Pretty lucky. I merged them and have a level 37 (+2) Eirika. So, I go into the training tower, excited to get her leveled to 40. My first level up and.... zero stats and a few SP.

Seriously? Go fuck yourself game.

Just found the one thing that may make me drop this game. After about 80 orbs, I've received Eirika x3. Pretty lucky. I merged them and have a level 37 (+2) Eirika. So, I go into the training tower, excited to get her leveled to 40. My first level up and.... zero stats and a few SP.

Seriously? Go fuck yourself game.

I don't think the moment-to-moment level-ups really matter in the long run. Her stats will be the same as any other Eirika's at level 40, sans any IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom