• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Used up most of my swords to try a decent score and got 4,550. I thought my rank would be higher considering the new week just started, but I'm already rank 3.4k. Holy shit lol I'm not sure if I'll ever stay below rank 5k. Ended previous at 6k+ with 4,486.

I'm quickly losing interest in this game. Don't know if I'll really stick with it for long. I have 21 Orbs, but I don't even feel like using them.

I was happy to end my rank at 21300 and get the 3600 feathers last season. I'm at 19000 feathers, and I can gain 1000 more either by doing 14 more Arena battles or sending home duplicates/undesirables.

The problem is that Nowi is my only good immediate candidate, and her nature isn't even that good. When unlocking potential, her nature is projected to be +DEF/-HP. I'm fortunate to have pulled a few strong 5* units, and Julia is especially useful this season. But it's frustrated that I have very few unique units.

I have a disgusting amount of redundant crap:

Selena x 2
Donnel x 2
Gwendolyn x 2
Frederick x 2
Sully x 2
Est x 2
Barst x 2
Cherche x 2
Beruka x 2
Niles x 3
Felicia x 2
Setsuna x 2

kubus

This game is trolling me. On my main account I rolled 5* Tiki and then rolled another 5* Tiki and two 3* Adult Tikis after that. No other 5* after at least 100 orbs.

Decided to start a new account, got 5* Lucina. Just did a second roll on that account and... another 5* Lucina.

Sölf

Rank 56k something with 4103 score last season. Welp, only 2,5k feathers.

Current season is much better though. I only lost 2 units for the whole run and got 4326 score so far. My team is 4* Nino and 5* Ephraim, Young Tiki and Elise. I am pretty sure I will rank low with this team and this score at the end of the week, but at least it's already higher than my last score. xD

Also, do we know why Odin and Catria are on the banner? Seems a bit random, unless the next banner has both of them.

kewlmyc

Saving orbs since I have no idea what game the focus characters are from.

Heck, after playing the paralogue, they kinda creep me out.

Don't think I have it in me to do 80 more Arena matches before the end of the month, just for 1000 feathers. My team is good enough as is right now (5* Robin, Azura, Camilia, Lyn). Might switch Lyn for 5* Young Tiki at some point, though the mass amounts of Marths and Lucinas in Arena is making me hesitate. Robin and Azura usually just make quick work of everything (Reds and Takumi) with the "attack from a distance twice" strategy they have going on.

Sölf

Saving orbs since I have no idea what game the focus characters are from.

Heck, after playing the paralogue, they kinda creep me out.

Don't you dare insult Ephraim's and Eirika's loving siblings relationship!
They are definitly not in love. Also, all characters are at least decent.

casiopao

......T_T Guys any good tips on beating Takumi arse?T_T

Any character i am supposed to pull for?O_O

Edit: That beautiful pull by Tiamat lol.^^

Cerium

Kagero or Robin will destroy Takumi, especially Robin. If you're looking for the hard counter it's those two.

I just usually walk up to him and smack him with Tiki; that leaves him weak enough to finish off with another unit. Any high defense unit can do this and tank the counter damage.

kewlmyc

Robin (M) hands him his ass pretty well since he is strong against colorless enemies.

But yeah, if not that or Kagero (who does bonus damage to infantry units), then just get someone with beefy defense to attack him.

Sölf

Kagero or Robin will destroy Takumi, especially Robin. If you're looking for the hard counter it's those two.

I just usually walk up to him and smack him with Tiki; that leaves him weak enough to finish off with another unit. Any high defense unit can do this and tank the counter damage.

Yeah, this. I also bait him with Tiki, weaken him and then kill him from range with one of my units (or Tiki murders him herself when she activates her special).

casiopao

I only have Adult Tiki....she can survive for one turn but she keep get doubled.T_T The problemo is my top 5 star all is fliers except Fae so i am keep getting killed next turn.T_T

Roman

For the people who haven't seen yet, the picture I took to pin in our FE GAF Discord:

bonus_heroes.png

Maybe the OP can be updated with it?

I think this new list strongly puts F2P-players at a disadvantage, especially those who missed Narcian.

Garou

RNG was very kind to me and now I finally have the 20,000 feathers for a 4 to 5 upgrade. Any recommendations from the Arena-pros on who to upgrade? My guess is Nino would make the most sense?

kulapik

For the people who haven't seen yet, the picture I took to pin in our FE GAF Discord:

Maybe the OP can be updated with it?

I think this new list strongly puts F2P-players at a disadvantage, especially those who missed Narcian.
Yeh, I have none of that list, I don't think I'm gonna bother this season

Cerium

RNG was very kind to me and now I finally have the 20,000 feathers for a 4 to 5 upgrade. Any recommendations from the Arena-pros on who to upgrade? My guess is Nino would make the most sense?

Given your current situation yeah Nino is absolutely the sensible choice.

I would run with Nino, Lucina, Takumi, and Ephraim.

Roman

Nino would drag your score down. I don't really see anyone on that list worth an upgrade considering your already available 5*s.

ggx2ac

The funny thing is that there is 3 more spaces for bonus heroes but they left it blank.

I thought they could have left Sharena and Alfonse in there and put in Anna so that the f2players don't get screwed over but...

Garou

Given your current situation yeah Nino is absolutely the sensible choice.

I would run with Nino, Lucina, Takumi, and Ephraim.

Nino would drag your score down. I don't really see anyone on that list worth an upgrade considering your already available 5*s.

Thanks for the input! I guess I will wait a bit to see if there will be another banner this week and if that brings any meta-shifts.

Mupod

Which blue haired pegasus rider is that? Shanna?

I've got her, Odin, and Narcian but they are all 3* or 2* and low level (some of the only characters I DIDN'T level this weekend). I dislike everything about Narcian but he's probably the one most useful for my team so I could dump 200 feathers and some time/crystals into him. I could also pray for a 5* from the current banner as I'm already 40 orbs of failure into that, but let's be real here it ain't happening.

Scratch

I've got her, Odin, and Narcian but they are all 3* or 2* and low level (some of the only characters I DIDN'T level this weekend). I dislike everything about Narcian but he's probably the one most useful for my team so I could dump 200 feathers and some time/crystals into him. I could also pray for a 5* from the current banner as I'm already 40 orbs of failure into that, but let's be real here it ain't happening.

think it's Catria

ggx2ac

Posting another play that occurred in Arena.

Needed to take out Takumi, so I used Eirika to take a hit.
C5L6fhtUYAEGwAs.jpg

She's taken the hit. I was going to have her attack Takumi again so Nino could finish him off. She had enough HP to take another hit.
Problem is, I would have left Nino to get attacked by Marth and Catria wasn't fast enough to attack Marth twice.
C5L6h--UoAMSSHb.jpg

So instead, I use Nino who is fast enough to hit Marth twice to kill him and, I send Catria to beat Takumi since he was weakened by being hit twice by Eirika.
C5L6kFJVMAAylNU.jpg

C5L6mRBUYAEVKRH.jpg

Finished the match fine and all but I really screwed up the following match, I don't know what I was thinking. All I had was Effie left similar to the above, my Catria didn't have full health so I was going to have her tank the hit. Where I screwed up was thinking she was going to survive, I forgot that when Catria attacks, armoured blow is in effect. I forgot to take that into account, next turn Catria dies. Really screwed that up.

What I even screwed up was my method for beating Effie, I still had Seliph available but for some reason I wasn't using him as a wall while Nino beats Effie. For some reason I was just trying to weaken Effie enough to have Nino take her out in one shot.

I don't know what I was thinking, it's obvious the best method is having someone that can take a hit to stand as a wall while Nino attacks so she doesn't get hit by Effie.

(Probably I'm too used to getting hit by Javelins in the regular Fire Emblem games that it affected my decision making.)

I'm pretty sure it's Catria. Just put Shanna in your current team in use and then go to Home and her character model will be there, you can then see if it's the same as the bonus hero.

ggx2ac

I'm ranked ~1517 even though my score was a crappy ~4400.

I have to make sure I get a perfect streak next time to stay in the top 5000.

For those who haven't gotten to Tier 4 yet, that is Sable Knight. So another FE1 reference.

ggx2ac

Seliph is awesome for the time being. All I need him for at the moment is tanking.

He easily beats Hector in two hits because Hector doesn't deal much damage to him and, as mentioned earlier, I can use him to take a hit from Effie while Nino attacks her.

So, it's been confirmed that you only need one of the bonus heroes, right?

Yes.

Wiseblade

How are people even getting 20k feathers? Feels like I would have no chance at all without that 10k they gave out for free.

Assuming you're able to consistently score 3000+ on offense and 250+ on defence in the arena:

2100+ each week from the arena
6000 from arena quests
10000 from the feather giveaway
X from sending undesired characters home.

By this count, lots of people will have earned 20,000+ feathers total from launch till now.

Gotchaye

I got pretty lucky with Catria being one of the bonus characters. I should be able to repeat my ~4550 score this week too. I wonder if the top 1k will be easier to get into this time around.

ggx2ac

10 rolls and still no 5* characters

But I do like this game :(

60 orbs out and still no 5* from this banner, Im up to 3.75% and I got trolled twice with Marth and Camilla and both were 4*

That usually happens.

I haven't got above 5.25% for trying to get a 5*. Of course once you get something high like that, the moment a 5* appears you have to pull on all the orbs in that session in case you get more than one 5*.

It says in the details for the summoning banner that appearance rates only change after a summoning session is over, not in the middle of one.

PMS341

So when does the banner reset? My last three pulls have been almost nothing but 3*, and I feel like my luck just isn't here for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom