• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found the one thing that may make me drop this game. After about 80 orbs, I've received Eirika x3. Pretty lucky. I merged them and have a level 37 (+2) Eirika. So, I go into the training tower, excited to get her leveled to 40. My first level up and.... zero stats and a few SP.

Seriously? Go fuck yourself game.

Don't worry, stats are fixed to be the same as any other Eirika at level 40 except by its nature.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I don't think the moment-to-moment level-ups really matter in the long run. Her stats will be the same as any other Eirika's at level 40, sans any IVs.

Isn't it all RNG? It did definitely feel like some unseen hand was set on removing one of my super lucky +1 levels. If I get a no stat level up going to 39, I may blow a gasket.

Bamboo 竹;230700227 said:
Don't worry, stats are fixed to be the same as any other Eirika at level 40 except by its nature.

Edit: Wait, really? So the base stats you get are really the determining factor to end game stats?

Cerium

I'll finally have 20k feathers once the arena reopens. Looking for suggestions on which 4* to upgrade, and maybe future upgrades as well:

Leaning towards Nowi, and then I'll focus on Sharena, or maybe Olivia though I heard all she's good for is dancing so I might as well just leave her as a 3* forever Thoughts? I really like F. Corrin, Selena and Lilina as well.

Though I might as well keep them and see if the need for a particular 5* arises at some point... I do have a pretty good 5* roster atm.
FemCorrin, Nowi, Sharena, Marth, and Olivia are all fine candidates.

I would also consider swapping Camilla with Julia to give you a dragon slayer.

Isn't it all RNG? It did definitely feel like some unseen hand was set on removing one of my super lucky +1 levels. If I get a no stat level up going to 39, I may blow a gasket.

No, in this game the random level ups are an illusion. They will have no effect on your final stats.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

It's not RNG. You'll eventually have the same stats as any other 40+2 Eirika, except for IVs which were determined when you rolled them (and could see if you looked at it). Don't worry about the no stat upgrades. It happens all the time and doesn't end up mattering in the end at all.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
It's not RNG. You'll eventually have the same stats as any other 40+2 Eirika, except for IVs which were determined when you rolled them (and could see if you looked at it). Don't worry about the no stat upgrades. It happens all the time and doesn't end up mattering in the end at all.

Ohhhhhh... OK. Well, I feel dumb for getting mad, but at least I learned something. :p

Thanks all.

ggx2ac

Ohhhhhh... OK. Well, I feel dumb for getting mad, but at least I learned something. :p

Thanks all.

You probably fucked up still.

You merged your Eirikas already but you don't know their natures like Pokémon so the one you are using currently probably has something bad like Attack down, Res Up.

Ninferno

Was so close to breaking 4500 for the first time yesterday in the Arena. Had been flawless in the first six matches, and the seventh seemed to be going well too. Nowi punched enemy Takumi in the face, and then Lilina made short work of him. Alright, enemies' all down except Catria, the time has finally come. Come on Takumi, seal me my first 4500+ run!
Wait, what? You can't one-shot Catria? You can't fucking one-shot Catria? What am I even having you for again? No way, you can't do this to me, game. You can't.

[Catria murdered Lilina afterwards and my run ended with 4451]

Anyway, really happy with my new team overall; Nowi is just Amazing. She can soap up tons of damage and dish out a great deal in return. Need to always remember to use her Rally Def though, which could a life saver at times.

Fireblend

Banned
FemCorrin, Nowi, Sharena, Marth, and Olivia are all fine candidates.

I would also consider swapping Camilla with Julia to give you a dragon slayer.
Yeah, I'm currently getting Julia up to 40 so she can join the main team rotation. I'd probably go with Nowi for the 5* upgrade since she's higher in the tier list, though again, I probably won't upgrade her right away, just in case I get some super cool 4* unit during the next banner period.

Cerium

summoning_heroes_by_yuukihikari-dazsfhp.jpg

Yeah, I'm currently getting Julia up to 40 so she can join the main team rotation. I'd probably go with Nowi for the 5* upgrade since she's higher in the tier list, though again, I probably won't upgrade her right away, just in case I get some super cool 4* unit during the next banner period.

While I agree that Nowi is better, if it were me I'm not sure I could resist upgrading FemCorrin instead since Nowi can be pulled as 5* and FemCorrin can't.

Moonlight

Banned
If it's not just a total dummy thing, it's either an alternate banner or a friend point/feather/badge gacha. In the highly unlikely event it's actually next week's lone banner than it'd be a clear scene to jump off this train because it'd reveal IntSys has no clue how to manage a mobile game.

Hiltz

I rerolled so many times that I lost count between last night and about 20 minutes ago (easily the best results so far... unfortunately) , but ended up with these units:

5 star Camilla green
5 star Ephraim blue
4 star Nino green
4 star adult Tiki red

I hear Camilla is a mixed bag due to her weakness as a flying unit against bow users and her brave axe skill is a double-edged sword because I think it lowers her speed. Adult Tiki is apparently lower tier than compared to younger Tiki despite their differences, but both are weak to falchion sword characters. I'm kind of compelled to keep Camilla only because her artwork is pretty appealing. ;)

Sharena or Cordelia to 5* when I get my feathers?

Also, not sure which character I would go for if I pull now on current banner. Using Hector, Lyn and Maria at 5* and Cordelia at 4*.

For now I rank close to 10 000 in Arena, Maria still level 33 or so. I heard bad comments about healers in Arena but mine is essential to my current strategy. I also have a Camilla 5* and a Nino or Chrom who could go to 5* but I need a good Blue. Thanks!

Cerium

Sharena or Cordelia to 5* when I get my feathers?

Also, not sure which character I would go for if I pull now on current banner. Using Hector, Lyn and Maria at 5* and Cordelia at 4*.

For now I rank close to 10 000 in Arena, Maria still level 33 or so. I heard bad comments about healers in Arena but mine is essential to my current strategy. I also have a Camilla 5* and a Nino or Chrom who could go to 5* but I need a good Blue. Thanks!

Kind of a tough choice. I like my 5* Cordelia and no one erases red units better. Would also give your team some maneuverability, some flexibility. On the other hand, I've faced 5* Sharena in Arena and her buffs are pretty useful.

Cordelia is much more glass canon, though, so if you're planning on having a character who'll live to be healed then Sharena might be the better choice.

alcheim

So how do I merge allies correctly? I usually combine duplicates of characters but it just gives me a sp boost.

You only get SP boosts if the characters have different rarities. If you're merging characters of the same rarity, you'll get +1 Level and some minor stat gains too

As for merging allies correctly, it all depends on what you plan to do with the character. If it's a 3* that you plan to raise to 5* eventually, just bear in mind that all those +Levels will disappear when you rank them up to 4*/5*. The SP and learned skills do carry over.

For four stars, I tend to just merge them to get extra SP towards unlocking more expensive skills, since there are some characters that don't get enough SP to buy all their skills even at level 40.

Any idea when they update the summoning banners?

I have 20 orbs again.

I'm up to 3.5% for each type of 5 star.

Should I pull again or save them considering I won't spend real money on this.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
You probably fucked up still.

You merged your Eirikas already but you don't know their natures like Pokémon so the one you are using currently probably has something bad like Attack down, Res Up.

I just checked and looks like my Eirika is HP up/ Def down. Her Atk and Spd have been boosted with the bonus levels. Hopefully I'm not too hosed.

Cerium

Any idea when they update the summoning banners?

I have 20 orbs again.

I'm up to 3.5% for each type of 5 star.

Should I pull again or save them considering I won't spend real money on this.

No one can answer that for you, certainly not with that little information. Are there heroes on the current banner you want? Are there specific heroes you'd rather wait and save up for? Only you can decide.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I rerolled so many times that I lost count between last night and about 20 minutes ago (easily the best results so far... unfortunately) , but ended up with these units:

5 star Camilla green
5 star Ephraim blue
4 star Nino green
4 star adult Tiki red

I hear Camilla is a mixed bag due to her weakness as a flying unit against bow users and her brave axe skill is a double-edged sword because I think it lowers her speed. Adult Tiki is apparently lower tier than compared to younger Tiki despite their differences, but both are weak to falchion sword characters. I'm kind of compelled to keep Camilla only because her artwork is pretty appealing. ;)
Camilla is a very aggressive-oriented unit but also fragile because of how many reds/takumis are out there. With buffs, she can sometimes be good for oneshotting people with color weaknesses to her, or at least finishing them off after someone has softened up the target with a hit. But if someone else is in range after she goes in for her kill, she's probably dead.

After a while, I replaced her with a ranged unit because I found myself saving her for those big attacks a little too much. Some compositions and maps turn her into a liability, so she wasn't as reliably good as a ranged attacker + olivia.

ggx2ac

I just finished leveling up three 5* characters at the same time.

Roy's stats are decent. Seliph is a tank but damn his slow speed.

One crap thing about Brash Assault is that it only works when you initiate attack. Even if you get attacked by the enemy twice, you will not counter them twice.

Ninferno

Arena Banners changed? This is going to be huge...

I mean, they have to make my life difficult, right? Now my question of who to spend my 20K feathers on continues... I have no luck with the 4 family bonds guys, but I do have a 4* Catria... Gee, I had decided to pass on her but now what?

Acerac

Banned
That is an odd amount of bonus heroes. The banner heroes make sense but then, Odin, Catria and Narcian...

Narcian was a hero that everyone in the playerbase recently had access to, at least.

Given how points work it is probably better to run a level 1 Narcian than to not have any bonus units.

Westlo

*saw new banner*

*did 5 summon roll since I had none of them*

*5 x 3 star units*

GATCHA GAWDS WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!!!!

Female Corrin was one of them so I'll get her to 4 stars asap and add her to my "who the fuck do I make 5 stars" pile of characters with Nino, Anna, Kagero and Sharena.

Saturday

After a humble but satisfying stint in the intermediate category in the arena last couple of days, I went and decided to have a few tries at advanced in the arena.

*whispers* never again

ggx2ac

I should have done screenshots of my last arena match, holy crap. All my units survived by the skin of their teeth!

It's the cramped indoor stage with water tiles. My Catria beats Lucina, my Nino wasn't buffed so she took heavy damage after killing Takumi.

Nino was about to get killed by Nowi and my Catria didn't have enough health to take a hit but then, I get Catria to land on one of the water tiles and Eirika used Pivot over her, which prevented Nowi from attacking Nino.

Eirika takes damage, I move Eirika away but even with Nino buffed, she couldn't kill Nowi in one hit. Next, I get Seliph. Seliph attacks Nowi, Nino finishes her off.

Seliph has only 14 health left and I can't use Eirika against Hector. Seliph only gets an attack buff by Nino, Seliph attacks Hector.

Seliph had 19HP before combat, after combat he had 5HP left and Hector had 1HP left when before combat he had full health.

With Hector weakened I send Nino in and defeat him. Finished the match and won with all 4 units surviving.

Wow, I was getting paired up with super whales in the arena today. +2, +3, +4 characters all over the place.

Shouldn't that be taken into account for matchups? Man.

Dragner

It will be hard to compete with the new bonus heroes since they arent so good and whales compensate with overstats from +. Ofc Whales already have +7 Julias, what I dont see anymore is Takumi so maybe is time for a red mage to shine. I have Leo and Lilina. Nothing super exciting but that will have to do.

Shun

Ranking should be easier this season with the smaller pool of bonus characters if you have them, since it was only so competitive because most people had at least one of the bonuses last 3 seasons.

I'm wondering if I really want to keep my double Ryoma team or just say fuck it and merge them together.

One is +Speed/-Resistance, the other is fully neutral, and I only get +1HP and +1 Speed.

I certainly don't have to get those 2 extra points to rank, but I could... I should hold on to him since we might get future events with monotypes and monostars...

Totakeke

They went in harder than I thought on using the arena to make people pull. I suppose it's pretty much either pull 5* from the current banner or spend feathers to be competitive in ranking. I feel like it's a bit too harsh.

Dragner

They went in harder than I thought on using the arena to make people pull. I suppose it's pretty much either pull 5* from the current banner or spend feathers to be competitive in ranking. I feel like it's a bit too harsh.

The funny thing is that bonus heroes mean shit on defense so you could think that Catria is fine until you start findind the tipical tacomeats with no bonus heroes at all. So you are competing with less probabilities of winning than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom