• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addi

Ephraim was already in my top team (with Robin, Marth and Takumi) so I'm doing pretty well in Arena. His attack is at 54 (+atk nature) and along with his defence decreasing abilities I can easily take out other blues with him, not much need for a green right now.

Mupod

That usually happens.

I haven't got above 5.25% for trying to get a 5*. Of course once you get something high like that, the moment a 5* appears you have to pull on all the orbs in that session in case you get more than one 5*.

It says in the details for the summoning banner that appearance rates only change after a summoning session is over, not in the middle of one.

Oh shit, really? I should have kept going after I found my Robin last time. I was at 5.5% which I believe is like 200 orbs.

I did one set of 4 and one set of 5 on this banner, and the appearance rate only went up after the second round. I wonder if it's worth doing a single pull instead of waiting for 20. I'd be trying to avoid colorless or blue orbs anyways.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That usually happens.

I haven't got above 5.25% for trying to get a 5*. Of course once you get something high like that, the moment a 5* appears you have to pull on all the orbs in that session in case you get more than one 5*.

It says in the details for the summoning banner that appearance rates only change after a summoning session is over, not in the middle of one.

Unless the game predetermines exactly what each color orb roll is going to be once you get the 5 appear on your screen... Just cuz it increases rate doesn't mean that every single roll is going to have 5.25% within the set of 5. I'm pretty sure it's for the entirety of the set of 5. Not individual.

kswiston

Interesting set of bonus characters.

My team is currently Robin, Marth, Kagero, and Takumi

I have a Seliph, but I have to level him up still. Who should I replace to take advantage of the arena bonus?

Gotchaye

Unless the game predetermines exactly what each color orb roll is going to be once you get the 5 appear on your screen... Just cuz it increases rate doesn't mean that every single roll is going to have 5.25% within the set of 5. I'm pretty sure it's for the entirety of the set of 5. Not individual.

Yes, it appears to be the case that the game has already determined which hero to put behind each stone before you reveal any of them.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The orb drought is real. Quickly losing interest in this game now that my main team is almost all level 40 and I don't have enough feathers to promote. The new launch celebration missions are nice but it's not enough, considering that pulling a 5* is relatively rare.

I think I'm getting more comfortable attacking in arena, but I don't get a lot of defenses. Right now I use Jakob + Nowi + Lucina + Olivia (all 5* except Olivia) for both attack and defense, and while it works okay on attack, I don't know how it fares defensively.

Draxal

The orb drought is real. Quickly losing interest in this game now that my main team is almost all level 40 and I don't have enough feathers to promote. The new launch celebration missions are nice but it's not enough, considering that pulling a 5* is relatively rare.

I think I'm getting more comfortable attacking in arena, but I don't get a lot of defenses. Right now I use Jakob + Nowi + Lucina + Olivia (all 5* except Olivia) for both attack and defense, and while it works okay on attack, I don't know how it fares defensively.

Tbh this isn't really an orb drought but a content drought.

Need ways to grind feathers at least asides from arena.

Akuun

That too. I'm not even bothering to do the badge weapon mastery quests because I'm so badly bottlenecked on feathers that I have way more badges than I need. I picked up the orbs and crystal quests, then just left all the badge quests alone.

The weapon mastery quests are a step in the right direction, though.

......T_T Guys any good tips on beating Takumi arse?T_T

Any character i am supposed to pull for?O_O

Edit: That beautiful pull by Tiamat lol.^^
I try to put a tanky counterattacking character like Nowi to lure him into getting himself counterattacked. Then I move in with someone to finish him off.

Takumi's main threat is his counterattack. If you let him come to you to get the first hit (and get countered himself), you can soften him up to take him down when it's your turn, hopefully without taking too much damage yourself.

Gotchaye

I thought the weapon mastery quests were fine but pretty worthless. Content needs to be both challenging and rewarding.

The low-level quests returned orbs, which feel like good rewards, but the procedure for completing them was not fun. It was: 1) Construct three teams consisting of any high-level heroes with the appropriate weapon, 2) fill out the other slots with fodder, 3) consult the quest log again to see exactly what it wants each team to do, 4) navigate to a mission and start, 5) initiate auto-battle and set the phone aside for a minute or two, 6) acknowledge mission completion, 7) repeat 4,5,6 five times, and 8) return to the quest log to collect rewards. I would have rather just been given the 6 orbs.

Meanwhile the high-level quests required making use of strong heroes you've built up and, at least for the Lunatic story mode ones, also probably required some strategizing. But the rewards for doing these quests were terrible. I never actually did the lance story mode one. I probably could get it done without a Light's Blessing if I leveled up some blue 4*s I have sitting around, but why bother? If I can't get it done pretty much instantly with heroes I already have at level 40, there's not much point. And so they're worth at most 10ish minutes of playtime rather than the many more they could be worth if they justified leveling up other heroes.

ggx2ac

That would mean you only have a 1.05% chance of pulling one 5* from the set of 5 orbs.

Is that what you are saying?

Fireblend

Banned
I doubt I'll still be ranked by the time the season ends, but this is by far the highest score I've been able to achieve.
Replacing Camilla with Julia did wonders, she's a beast.

Screenshot_20170221-0907272.png

Need some opinions on how to proceed.

5* I have Roy, Camilla, and Robin

Let's just assume with my luck I am never getting a 5* from a pull ever again. I already burned 20,000 feathers to get Robin to 5*, I am sitting on 4,000 right now.

My remaining characters are

4* Catria, Fae, Shanna, Caeda, Felicia, Jeorge, Lilina, Fir, Adult Tiki, M Corrin, Lissa, Cecilia, and Azama.

3* that I have the materials to promote both - Sharena and Olivia

And I kid you not three other Robins.

I am tempted just to throw my hands up and promote Sharena and maybe Olivia and hope for another 5* later, but wonder if any of the 4* I have are worth taking to 5* to join or replace my others.

Draxal

I thought the weapon mastery quests were fine but pretty worthless. Content needs to be both challenging and rewarding.

The low-level quests returned orbs, which feel like good rewards, but the procedure for completing them was not fun. It was: 1) Construct three teams consisting of any high-level heroes with the appropriate weapon, 2) fill out the other slots with fodder, 3) consult the quest log again to see exactly what it wants each team to do, 4) navigate to a mission and start, 5) initiate auto-battle and set the phone aside for a minute or two, 6) acknowledge mission completion, 7) repeat 4,5,6 five times, and 8) return to the quest log to collect rewards. I would have rather just been given the 6 orbs.

Meanwhile the high-level quests required making use of strong heroes you've built up and, at least for the Lunatic story mode ones, also probably required some strategizing. But the rewards for doing these quests were terrible. I never actually did the lance story mode one. I probably could get it done without a Light's Blessing if I leveled up some blue 4*s I have sitting around, but why bother? If I can't get it done pretty much instantly with heroes I already have at level 40, there's not much point. And so they're worth at most 10ish minutes of playtime rather than the many more they could be worth if they justified leveling up other heroes.

Great badges are the last thing a player needs if they have the nits available to do those quests.

I have at least eighty of the greater badges of all types.

Akuun

Need some opinions on how to proceed.

5* I have Roy, Camilla, and Robin

Let's just assume with my luck I am never getting a 5* from a pull ever again. I already burned 20,000 feathers to get Robin to 5*, I am sitting on 4,000 right now.

My remaining characters are

4* Catria, Fae, Shanna, Caeda, Felicia, Jeorge, Lilina, Fir, Adult Tiki, M Corrin, Lissa, Cecilia, and Azama.

3* that I have the materials to promote both - Sharena and Olivia

And I kid you not three other Robins.

I am tempted just to throw my hands up and promote Sharena and maybe Olivia and hope for another 5* later, but wonder if any of the 4* I have are worth taking to 5* to join or replace my others.
Keep in mind that Olivia doesn't really need to go beyond 4* because she gets all of her utility skills at 4 (both dance and her atk buff). Olivia probably also goes well with Robin because Robin can go in for a hit, then Olivia can give him a turn to run back to safety.

Maybe someone tanky is good for your next promotion? I think all three of your current 5* units are fairly squishy (I know that Camilla and Robin aren't that durable, but I dunno about Roy), so having someone tanky to put forward to lure enemies to come to you could be helpful.

Is it me or does some debuffs like - attack to enemy not really matter when they can hit you 40x2 most turns.

My only issue with the game right now is how strong some units can be, lower levels were more fun because most attacks did not one hit kill.

Ninferno

Yeah, the great badges awards are just there to troll us right? It's not like we have millions of feathers to make use of those damn badges...

Holy smokes 4* Cordelia is a beast, don't even want to think how the 5* is.

And Julia is a monster. Just a bit fragile though. Every definition of a glass cannon

Mupod

Yeah, the great badges awards are just there to troll us right? It's not like we have millions of feathers to make use of those damn badges...

Unless I luck out with some high stat total 5* characters, I can expect at most 2600 feathers a week. Or less if i don't have any bonus characters, this week for example I'm going to need to promote Narcian to even have a chance and I'll take a score hit just by using him. At that rate, in order to use all of the great badges I've accumulated in the last two weeks, it would take me a year. Why do they even exist, lol.

Pejo

I feel the same way about this game right now, as I did about Pokemon Go. They have a Red-Hot IP that gets a ton of hype at release, and offers a fun experience.

Then they have absolutely no foresight on what they should be doing with the game, and players start losing interest.

It's really a shame the way this is being handled. There's really nothing to do other than grind quests for meager rewards, level up characters, and pull new characters to level up. No satisfying gameplay loop here.

When I hit a character to 40, they pretty much go into a pile of "finished" and I'm only bringing them out on rare occasions. What's the endgame?

I'm also getting sick of the same map layouts, and enemies only willing to move into "danger zones" first on a handful of them. It just guarantees that you're going to lose some units if you're not willing to switch the team you're leveling around a particular enemy team layout. Also the stupid chokepoints that the game forces on the player, such as the volcano map and the desert map.

Also, why are cavalry mages so common for the AI? Just another little thing that pisses me off. There's only 1 unit I can think of in the game available to players (Odin), but it seems every enemy layout has 1-2.

All of this needs to be improved or they're going to see a sharp dropoff of players, in my opinion.

Firemind

Unless I luck out with some high stat total 5* characters, I can expect at most 2600 feathers a week. Or less if i don't have any bonus characters, this week for example I'm going to need to promote Narcian to even have a chance and I'll take a score hit just by using him. At that rate, in order to use all of the great badges I've accumulated in the last two weeks, it would take me a year. Why do they even exist, lol.
Why use 2000 feathers to get less than 2000 feathers in return? lol

Keep in mind that Olivia doesn't really need to go beyond 4* because she gets all of her utility skills at 4 (both dance and her atk buff). Olivia probably also goes well with Robin because Robin can go in for a hit, then Olivia can give him a turn to run back to safety.

Maybe someone tanky is good for your next promotion? I think all three of your current 5* units are fairly squishy (I know that Camilla and Robin aren't that durable, but I dunno about Roy), so having someone tanky to put forward to lure enemies to come to you could be helpful.
Would Sharena be consideeed a tank? Roy is definitely my most durable character at the moment, except his triangle adept skill makes him terrible against lance users.

I am really tempted to just upgrade Olivia and Sharena, but would Fae be a better upgrade to wait on?

Mupod

Why use 2000 feathers to get less than 2000 feathers in return? lol

my Narcian is 2*. I didn't have anybody above level 30 when his map was out. He seems like he'd be able to get some work done at 3*.

I still have a pull to do this week so I might not have to. But I'm leveling him anyways because more characters to choose from doesn't hurt. Even though his art looks like dog ass and I think he's obnoxious.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Hey all, I finally got my 20k feathers and I'm looking for some advice on who to dump it on:
I was thinking Olivia, but Olivia does the same thing regardless of star. I could use it on Catria for the arena bonus, but I do have 3 lances. Jeorge or Kagerou maybe?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel the same way about this game right now, as I did about Pokemon Go. They have a Red-Hot IP that gets a ton of hype at release, and offers a fun experience.

Then they have absolutely no foresight on what they should be doing with the game, and players start losing interest.

It's really a shame the way this is being handled. There's really nothing to do other than grind quests for meager rewards, level up characters, and pull new characters to level up. No satisfying gameplay loop here.

When I hit a character to 40, they pretty much go into a pile of "finished" and I'm only bringing them out on rare occasions. What's the endgame?

I know these are common complaints, but honestly this is how all of these games work. They are "free" games for a reason - it takes time to build up the game itself with a slow but steady release of new stuff. The game as it exists now will be a far cry from how the game will look in 6 months. The best way to play these games is to be in it for the long haul or just come back in 6 months. If you want a game that has a ton of free content and more free content added each week, then it's probably best to just play something else.

redcrayon

Also, why are cavalry mages so common for the AI? Just another little thing that pisses me off. There's only 1 unit I can think of in the game available to players (Odin), but it seems every enemy layout has 1-2.
Players have access to Leon and Cecilia, the latter of which is on the special map rotation.

What really bugs me is cavalry archers, severe hard counter for fliers! :D

Mupod

I advise looking into your character IVs before you drop 20k feathers on something like a -attack or -speed character. Or don't, and stay blissfully ignorant instead of going insane and creating huge spreadsheets for your entire roster like I did.

Also yeah Kagero is a great option for promoting out of what you have.

DrArchon

Ah fuck, they switched out the bonus characters for the arena. There go my high scores. I don't even have any of those units except for a 3 star Odin and I aint spending the feathers on him just to try and get them back. Might as well stick with my Marth/Takumi/Takumi/Olivia team and keep praying for no Robins.

Akuun

Would Sharena be consideeed a tank? Roy is definitely my most durable character at the moment, except his triangle adept skill makes him terrible against lance users.

I am really tempted to just upgrade Olivia and Sharena, but would Fae be a better upgrade to wait on?
Sorry, can't help you with that. I don't know much about Shareena or Fae.

I'm tempted to say Tiki would be a good tank at 5* because of her counterattacks, but I have a 4* Tiki and was pretty underwhelmed by her durability. So I don't know what to recommend.

Sorry, can't help you with that. I don't know much about Shareena or Fae.

I'm tempted to say Tiki would be a good tank at 5* because of her counterattacks, but I have a 4* Tiki and was pretty underwhelmed by her durability. So I don't know what to recommend.

Have the adult her at 4* and she can't really withstand many attacks, and Falchion users are prevalent and wreck her

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Eirika was already in my arena team, so can't bitch about the new bonus characters. I CAN say that I am so tired of seeing Tiki in every fight! If you don't use a falchion user, you are almost guaranteed to see Tiki.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't get it. Why does the IV calculator report much higher base attack for pretty much all of my characters? Am I not taking something into account?

OceanBlue

Sharena isn't really a tank but she can take hits from red characters. Otherwise her defenses are pretty decent but not amazing (43 HP/29 DEF)

Firemind

Olivia is a great mid tier option. It also lets Camilla go wild on the map and take out Takumis and Lance users. You really can't go wrong with Olivia. Just make sure she's not -spd.

Mupod

My arena team is basically carried on Robin's back. Olivia exists to fuel him. Which actually works out because it leaves me room on my team to fit some garbage extra character for the bonus. A level 1 Narcian would accomplish almost as much as my 4* Camilla does, since most of the time she's flying around the map baiting the AI.

Also, I don't use the calculator. I just go to the tier list on the wiki and eyeball their stats, I mentally subtract the weapon damage. Less work unless they have a brave weapon or an ability that modifies stats.

kswiston

Hey all, I finally got my 20k feathers and I'm looking for some advice on who to dump it on:

I was thinking Olivia, but Olivia does the same thing regardless of star. I could use it on Catria for the arena bonus, but I do have 3 lances. Jeorge or Kagerou maybe?

Unless she has a bad minus stat, replacing Camilla with a 5star Kagero will increase your arena chances. Kagero can one shot most of the mages, and is great for setting up no damage kills on melee infiltry.

woopWOOP

For the people who haven't seen yet, the picture I took to pin in our FE GAF Discord:
Oh hey, good thing I trained up that Odin Dark at a decent level.
I'm guessing the bonus points stack if you use more of those bonus units? Only had Roy for last time.

Pejo

I know these are common complaints, but honestly this is how all of these games work. They are "free" games for a reason - it takes time to build up the game itself with a slow but steady release of new stuff. The game as it exists now will be a far cry from how the game will look in 6 months. The best way to play these games is to be in it for the long haul or just come back in 6 months. If you want a game that has a ton of free content and more free content added each week, then it's probably best to just play something else.

Yea I get that, just voicing frustrations. I think we also have a rare case here, in that the JP version hasn't been out for months already to build a calendar of upcoming events, so we're all just waiting for what's next.

Problem is, with this game, you can't really have boss events and stuff like that, so it's all going to have to be well thought out content. Or you know, throw us on the desert map again versus a whole team of cavalry archers and mages, lol.

I hope eventually we get bigger maps and pinch/spread to zoom features. I think my biggest complaint with this game can be alleviated with randomized map spawning points for players and enemies, and bigger maps in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom