• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

My defense team baited a lot of red users and got so many defense points by putting Fae as the leader. Linde, Takumi, Azura wiped them out.

fek

I thought about upgrading Narcian to 4* for arena for a second but I'll just use him as 3* instead. Having the other 3 members be 5* level 40 still give me good enough points.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yea I get that, just voicing frustrations. I think we also have a rare case here, in that the JP version hasn't been out for months already to build a calendar of upcoming events, so we're all just waiting for what's next.

Problem is, with this game, you can't really have boss events and stuff like that, so it's all going to have to be well thought out content. Or you know, throw us on the desert map again versus a whole team of cavalry archers and mages, lol.

I hope eventually we get bigger maps and pinch/spread to zoom features. I think my biggest complaint with this game can be alleviated with randomized map spawning points for players and enemies, and bigger maps in general.

Yeah, I would love some bigger maps, or even multi-map levels (like, use these 4 characters to survive 3 waves) if they don't want to do bigger maps for some reason (I'm guessing they don't want to go too close to the real FE games...). I think other similar SRPGs DO have boss fights (e.g., Fantasy War Tactics). It can be done... just have to be creative and design them well. We'll see what they come out with.

Dragner

They could release some assault maps where you have to endure a number of turns vs a boss and with creeps coming out constantly after you. It would be a way to make healers playable.

Also I hope we get a new banner tomorrow. Have pull urge again.

Fireblend

Banned
Here's my current upgrade options:

4* Nowi: +ATK/-DEF
4* FemCorrin: +DEF/-SPD
4* Lilina: +SPD/-RES
My 3* Olivia has no high/low stats at 4* it seems :p completely average.
And it seems Sharena has no stat variation? Or at least that's what the wiki suggests.

Guess 5* Nowi is my best upgrade bet then (only argument against her I can think of is that she'd be my 3rd 5* blue unit, though the others are Robin and Peri so no role overlap).

And then get Olivia to 4* so she can get those last useful skills.

OVDRobo

According to fellow GAFers here, bonus characters do not affect defense score. So hopefully we won't see her more often in defense just because she's a bonus char?

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I've already bumped into Catria on 3 of the 6 arena teams I've fought today. I'm not complaining since my team has a 5* Raven and Beruka, but it seems like a lot of people are just editing their main teams to include her for the banner which is leading to this. Easiest 4k+ score I've ever gotten.

Ninferno

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I've already bumped into Catria on 3 of the 6 arena teams I've fought today. I'm not complaining since my team has a 5* Raven and Beruka, but it seems like a lot of people are just editing their main teams to include her for the banner which is leading to this. Easiest 4k+ score I've ever gotten.

I don't know, man. Did 2 streaks just now (need to rush for the 80 wins for the lunatic arena quest), didn't meet a single Catria myself in those 14 matches. So maybe just a coincidence?

BTW, rack up a defense win just now. 264 points and this early, not bad at all:) And it does seem bonus chars have no bearing in defense scores.

_Legacy_

Man, I switched out Serra for Ephraim and I always seem to peak out at 6 wins, 7th is always a loss. I need to come up with a better strategy, all games I have lost were down to the wire and I need to prioritise more. Really crappy high score of 3690 right now but might pull for Seliph.

I'm nearing 20k feathers (2k off, still some challenges left). I'm thinking of upgrading Nowi, fCorrin or Nino. Any recommendations? I'm tempted to go for Nino, seeing as I already have blue covered by Robin and Ephraim.

TWILT

Banned
The only bonus hero I have (besides Narcian) is Catria, but she's only a 4 Star and I'm a bit a ways off before I can make another 5 Star lol. Oh well, she can replace my Cordelia on my main team for now.

Totakeke

All the free recruit characters have neutral natures if you guys are checking on those. You may want specific natures on those characters so it's not always a bad thing that you summon more of them from the gacha.

That said having 5 Olivias is too many.

All the free recruit characters have neutral natures if you guys are checking on those. You may want specific natures on those characters so it's not always a bad thing that you summon more of them from the gacha.

That said having 5 Olivias is too many.

Having 5 Olivias means you are just 80k feathers short of Olivia +4 :)

backlot

I'm seeing a lot of teams without bonus heroes in the arena. I'm interested to see how the leaderboards look at the end of this season.

Achtius

I feel like if they give Narcian a bit higher speed, he might be more useful. He's like a weaker version of Camilla that can't double attack.

I still haven't gotten any defense results, is that normal?

Yeah, it's hit and miss. You only get results if your team wins, which is hard because the AI is dumb.

You can try what I do and put a rubbish/low-tier unit in the front to trick players and (I think) lower the average level of your team.

gaiages

Banned
Yeah, it's hit and miss. You only get results if your team wins, which is hard because the AI is dumb.

You can try what I do and put a rubbish/low-tier unit in the front to trick players and (I think) lower the average level of your team.

Yeah, I put my Nowi at the front of the party and most of my defense wins seem to be Marth/Falchion users that probably didn't expect Hector and Takumi :p

Not that young Nowi is low tier, but she has some hard counters, lol.

I was honestly kind of worried about having Hector in my defensive team because of the AI possibly leaving him behind, but my team seemed to do well enough.

elty

I don't normally bother about defense - as long as I won at least once for 251 points. It makes no different between winning once or 100 times.

Quixzlizx

So is it worth it to combine my 2 Ephraims? I really wanted Eirika, but that's not happening, and I need to use one of the bonus characters for the next couple of weeks. The one I leveled up to 40 is +atk/-res.

The speed is so bad *sigh*

Firemind

So is it worth it to combine my 2 Ephraims? I really wanted Eirika, but that's not happening, and I need to use one of the bonus characters for the next couple of weeks. The one I leveled up to 40 is +atk/-res.

The speed is so bad *sigh*
I'm pretty sure Ephraim is worse than Sharena.

commish

Takumi + dancer if you have them, usually throw people off.

Any team with a dancer is better for defense. Lots of folks can't always understand all of the attack possibilities when a dancer is involved since it multiplies the possibilities.

commish

You know, I was just thinking about arena and the limited and predictable AI, and I realized that it's only a matter of time before someone creates an arena simulation ability, meaning that you can input the map, the units, and the starting positions, and then the simulation can tell you which moves to make to guarantee victory.

PK Gaming

I'm so ready to go to TOWN this arena season

Or I would if my Catria wasn't -Spd :( :( :(

Ordinarily I wouldn't complain, but -Spd puts her in doubling range of staple units (like Lucina, rip)

Roman

I'm so ready to go to TOWN this arena season

Or I would if my Catria wasn't -Spd :( :( :(

Ordinarily I wouldn't complain, but -Spd puts her in doubling range of staple units (like Lucina, rip)

Mine is +HP/-Def which is...okay, but it strongly annoys me I was practically forced to spend my feathers on her instead of Effie like I planned. Especially since I already have a fully trained Cordelia.

You know, I was just thinking about arena and the limited and predictable AI, and I realized that it's only a matter of time before someone creates an arena simulation ability, meaning that you can input the map, the units, and the starting positions, and then the simulation can tell you which moves to make to guarantee victory.

That's not a bad idea for a weekend project.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Unless she has a bad minus stat, replacing Camilla with a 5star Kagero will increase your arena chances. Kagero can one shot most of the mages, and is great for setting up no damage kills on melee infiltry.

Thanks, I'll try it out. I always read that Kagero isn't the best choice for arena because her stat totals are low, but I guess that's better than trying to hide Camilla with all the Takumis and red swords around.

Best that I could do for Arena was 3657 with a level 1 Narcian. Not sure that I will bother much more for this season. Already getting 2100 feathers from Offense and Defense.

However, I still need 33 duels for the 1000 feathers quest or 73 duels for the other one. There is only one day for those quest after the current season. Not sure what I will do...

Best that I could do for Arena was 3657 with a level 1 Narcian. Not sure that I will bother much more for this season. Already getting 2100 feathers from Offense and Defense.

However, I still need 33 duels for the 1000 feathers quest or 73 duels for the other one. There is only one day for those quest after the current season. Not sure what I will do...

Shit. Didn't realize that the deadline for the last lunatic arena quest is coming up that soon after current season. I currently only need 21 more victories to guarantee myself another 1k feathers but debating on how smart it would be to blow through all the rests of my dual crests (7 left atm :/....)

OceanBlue

I feel like if they give Narcian a bit higher speed, he might be more useful. He's like a weaker version of Camilla that can't double attack.
He has lancebreaker so he can double attack any lance users. I assume he destroys Ephraim and Catria. How does lancebreaker interact with Wary Guard?

To be honest his much higher stat count alone probably makes him more usable than Camilla in arena.

_Legacy_

I'm seeing so many teams with Linde and Ephraim this season. Linde gets sliced down by my Lucina but the problem is getting to her as she's always at the back. My current team is Ephraim, Lucina, Robin and Takumi all max level.

This is the first season where I'm struggling to get a full win streak.

I'm seeing so many teams with Linde and Ephraim this season. Linde gets sliced down by my Lucina but the problem is getting to her as she's always at the back. My current team is Ephraim, Lucina, Robin and Takumi all max level.

This is the first season where I'm struggling to get a full win streak.

With my current team of Robin, Julia, Chiki and Lyn I haven't had any major issues getting wins this season [a few close calls] but winning with my entire team intact for max score is an entierely other story lol.

commish

I was able to get 7 wins without losing anyone with a team of Eirika, Olivia, Takumi and Sharena. Olivia is a real drag on my score but I wanted to get the 7 win streak in first before trying to get max points.

SYNTAX182

Wat the, seliph and another lyn. Wanted lucina or eirika but not even mad, lyn gets more speed and hp. =P Still got half of hard and lunatic to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom