• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Question. I have a level 30 4* Camilla and now I just got at 5* version so that's level 1. Is it worth it to merge the lower star one into the stronger one?

Ninferno

What's everyone opinions of a +HP/-def Effie?

Not good. Effie can definitely take multiple physical hits so Def is more important than HP, and you shouldn't let Effie take magic hits in the first place. Anyway, a non-ideal Effie is still an extremely good unit for the Arena.

Question. I have a level 30 4* Camilla and now I just got at 5* version so that's level 1. Is it worth it to merge the lower star one into the stronger one?

Absolutely not. The only thing you'll get is SP on the 5-star.

Save the lower-rarity one for events, or unlock her potential in the future (feathers permitting) if her IVs are more to your liking than the new one you pulled—THEN merge them at 5-star rarity for the level/stat bonus.

Whelp, got my ass handed to me three times in a row in arena on intermidiate, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Deleted...
Have fun people, it lasted longer than I thought it would for me.

Kaze Kyou

This is probably a stupid question but... where can I find the specia weapons quests??

I can't find a bloody thing in the menus. :/ Need orbs for my waifu!!

Not good. Effie can definitely take multiple physical hits so Def is more important than HP, and you shouldn't let Effie take magic hits in the first place. Anyway, a non-ideal Effie is still an extremely good unit for the Arena.

I have a lot of trouble with my Effie. +Def, -Res. I'm terrified of green mages, and not much better against other mages. Maybe I just don't know how to use her, but my bigger problem is my team is Olivia, Takumi, and Leo. Or swap any of those with Robin. And I either use Olivia on Leo so he can jump in and out, or on Takumi so he can wreak damage, which means Effie is largely abandoned, as I have to leave somebody vulnerable. Or I run Robin instead of Olivia and still can't do much to keep her away without exposing somebody to getting killed.

So I guess the bigger problem is everybody on my team is squishy, and I can only protect so many of them at a time.

Anyways, I think shes is alright, but I don't think she meshes super well with my team makeup, I'm not able to use her to her potential.

Anyways, I have a Corrin 3* that is -Res, +Speed. Anybody have thoughts on upgrading her? My only other two choices to 5* are Robin and Olivia. But both are +Res, so not really my ideal 5*. Alternatively, I could wait on Female Robin because I could really use a green mage if I'm not able to pull Julia or Nino in my last pull on this banner.

Nice team and nice ranking. I have a 5* young Tiki too, but every time I put her in the line up, I have issues with the dragon killers. Judging from your success, it looks like Takumi really helps keep Chrom, Lucina, etc off Tiki.

Not Takumi, It's Catria. Even as a 4* unit if you just put her in range of a red unit, they'll attack and break themselves on her. Lucina (or any other red sword unit) will attack Catria, her special counter goes down to 1. Catria counters, and special (Luna) is charged. My turn, and red unit is dead on her Luna-activated attack. Repeat as necessary, she can take on 2-3 reds in a single battle. She eats reds alive. I can't wait to get her to 5*.

I use Tiki and Catria as my frontliners, and I back them up with Takumi and Cecilia. If I can't OHKO someone, I hit them with a ranged or direct attack that won't result in counter (or minimal damage against) and then break them with the other. Tiki can front line against basically anyone but falchion users, which is where Catria steps in. Any lance users or colourless I either OHKO with Cecilia (including Takumi), or a combo attack with whoever I have available.

I just looked again and you already have Catria! Try replacing Chrom with Tiki, and just keep her slightly out of range from falchions. Safe way to play is to put Catria in the range of a falchion, and they'll attack her for sure. That way you won't get cornered, since Catria will either finish them or leave them really weak. Then you can finish with Catria, or even swoop in with Tiki and kill (just check to make sure she finishes them in one hit, so you don't accidentally take a falchion counter XD), and you'll have Catria's Luna already charged. Cecilia is also really strong, she'll do ~20-25 damage to most reds even, so you can finish off kills with her too.

Eirika is very helpful with her passives, as she'll get Cecilia strong enough to one-shot any Takumi, Robin, Azura, or most blues/colourless, and she'll do major damage to most armoured units too. My Cecilia is already +atk (49 Atk), so she's a guaranteed OHKO on Takumi, not sure about yours, but Eiriki will def help out.

How do you have so many feathers? Did you pull Catria and Cecilia as 5*s??? If so that is damn lucky. I started with both as 4*s, got Taks and Tiks as my first 5*s on my 4th and 6th full summons, and then only added a useless 5* Raven since... Saved 40 orbs for this banner and got nothing out of it :( don't have enough feathers to upgrade Catria for like 2-3 more weeks, assuming I can keep pulling 4000+ from arena. Unless they give us new quests or give us 10k free again!

Strong red mage, specifically Tharja, is the only unit I really have trouble with. I wish I had her, idk if you could swap in Tharja for Chrom. Tharja would benefit from the buffs of Eirika, but you'd only have Catria as a unit able to take hits. You'd deal insane damage between Cecilia and and a buffed Tharja though. Might be an unstoppable combo. You could protect Catria from greens pretty easily with a powerful Tharja or Eirika.

Bamboo 竹;230764657 said:
Can someone help me?

5* units: Takumi, Lyn, Marth, Y.Tiki, Cain.
Notable 4* units: M.Robin, Roy, Catria, Nowi, Cecilia, Clarine, Frederick.
Notable 3* units: Olivia, Nino, Lissa, Serra.

I have 19k feathers so soon I'll be able to upgrade a unit to 5*. Any suggestion from my current roster?

My team from the start was Cecilia, Catria, then I pulled 5* Takumi, and 5* Tiki to round out my team. Been running with that since. Upgraded Cecilia to 5* and she's killing it (she is +atk, which helps with her ability to OHKO any Takumi, and most Robin/Kagero), and my neutral Catria can tank any level 40 5* red swords even at 4*. Check to see what boon/bane your Cecilia is. If she's +atk, see if you like her enough to level her. If not, try out Nino. He's a really strong green mage too. Cecilia has a weapons advantage against colourless which I don't think Nino has.

It's a really unique team composition, but it's something that's worked really well for me, so play around with it and see how you like it. Cecilia is the weakest link for sure. She has pretty low def, res, and spd... but her atk, and being good against blue and gray is useful. It depends on the rest of her stats. +atk 5* Cecilia has been a blessing since she can easily take out those troublesome units without eating a Takumi counter, and that leaves the rest of the team really vulnerable to a quick cleanup with Catria, Tiki and Takumi, or even Cecilia finishing off reds/greens. I took a risk promoting her, since she was holding me back as a 4*, but I was comfortable with Catria as a 4* so I did it. It's paying dividends. Again, check to see your Cecilia's nature first. If she's not +atk, then maybe other options you should look into. If she's -atk, heaven forbid, then idk, but she'll lose a lot of her effectiveness.

Balanced team, it's low on raw stats unfortunately, but it's a good enough that you have an answer for basically everything, and you can deal with any situation. My 7 game no death runs net me like 4440 points on offense, I score around 260 on defense, and I've ranked in the top 10k for 2/3 weeks so far. Had issues in the second week where my low to mid level 30 team was facing high 30s to 40s, and I ranked pretty low. Cecilia was a level 32 4* then and was holding me back. Leveling everyone, then promoting Cecilia and leveling her got me to high ranks again. I wish I leveled faster though, I could have bagged an extra few thousand feathers in the first couple weeks :p
Anyways, I'm rambling now, but it's probably worth it to spend the 2000 and promote Nino to 4*, then compare how you like Cecilia vs Nino directly. Not the most stat heavy team, but it's solid enough, and it's been good enough to rank me pretty high every week so far.

OceanBlue

I love using Catria with all of this squishy red around. I've said this probably way too many times in this thread but she's such a strong combination of good things.

I love using Catria with all of this squishy red around. I've said this probably way too many times in this thread but she's such a strong combination of good things.

Definitely. A lot of people are going to start using her because she's one of the bonus characters. Seems like the meta is shifting from red heavy to more blues right now, between Catria and Ephraim.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I have a lot of trouble with my Effie. +Def, -Res. I'm terrified of green mages, and not much better against other mages. Maybe I just don't know how to use her, but my bigger problem is my team is Olivia, Takumi, and Leo. Or swap any of those with Robin. And I either use Olivia on Leo so he can jump in and out, or on Takumi so he can wreak damage, which means Effie is largely abandoned, as I have to leave somebody vulnerable. Or I run Robin instead of Olivia and still can't do much to keep her away without exposing somebody to getting killed.

So I guess the bigger problem is everybody on my team is squishy, and I can only protect so many of them at a time.

Anyways, I think shes is alright, but I don't think she meshes super well with my team makeup, I'm not able to use her to her potential.

Anyways, I have a Corrin 3* that is -Res, +Speed. Anybody have thoughts on upgrading her? My only other two choices to 5* are Robin and Olivia. But both are +Res, so not really my ideal 5*. Alternatively, I could wait on Female Robin because I could really use a green mage if I'm not able to pull Julia or Nino in my last pull on this banner.

I think you actually should use Robin instead of Leo and keep Olivia in? Olivia's dancing is very useful, plus she has a decent enough attack to use against Greens if need be or to give Takumi another shot. What's Robin's negative attribute? He's probably the better pick to upgrade of those 2, since Olivia is generally going to be dancing a lot.

Sterok

My current team is Lucina, Eirika (5*), Camilla, and Robin (4*). Normally Young Tiki would be in Eirika's place, but bonus points. Who is better to promote, Camilla or Robin? Robin is easily the more useful of the two, hitting harder in general and taking out the dreaded Takumi. Camilla is needed to take out various Blues, but she struggles to do that. She could use the boost more probably, but I'm not sure who to go for yet.

Roman

My current team is Lucina, Eirika (5*), Camilla, and Robin (4*). Normally Young Tiki would be in Eirika's place, but bonus points. Who is better to promote, Camilla or Robin? Robin is easily the more useful of the two, hitting harder in general and taking out the dreaded Takumi. Camilla is needed to take out various Blues, but she struggles to do that. She could use the boost more probably, but I'm not sure who to go for yet.

Robin, no contest.

Cerium

Robin.

Jims

I want to use Catria for this Arena banner (already had a Level 36 version) but she doesn't synergize with Camilla that well. Not just the Takumis, but neither are tank-y enough to buy some time when needed. Might try bringing in Young Tiki. Catria should be able to keep the Falchions away from her.

Otherwise, might try to build a team around Seliph, Mr. Glass Cannon himself. I think I got the +ATK/-DEF version of him (based on his Lv1 stats) which makes it even more extreme (if that is possible). He needs Olivia to follow him around just to keep him out of danger every battle. Also, to buff his attack because he totally needs it, lol.

I don't understand how Hector is rated so high now I actually got him to use in arena. He moves so damn slow I can never run away when a swarm of red sword users come to attack him or mages that can ORKO him. Especially in this meta where arena is flooded with red units.

The only benefit I see is he can ORKO Takumi, but that is so rare because he moves so slow that I would get swarmed with all these other units.

I can see Hector being S tier in single player, but in arena he's not that good especially when there are dragons, red units, and mages running all over the place.

Cerium

I want to use Catria for this Arena banner (already had a Level 36 version) but she doesn't synergize with Camilla that well. Not just the Takumis, but neither are tank-y enough to buy some time when needed. Might try bringing in Young Tiki. Catria should be able to keep the Falchions away from her.

Otherwise, might try to build a team around Seliph, Mr. Glass Cannon himself. I think I got the +ATK/-DEF version of him (based on his Lv1 stats) which makes it even more extreme (if that is possible). He needs Olivia to follow him around just to keep him out of danger every battle. Also, to buff his attack because he totally needs it, lol.

I run Cordelia with Tiki and it works pretty well.

I don't understand how Hector is rated so high now I actually got him to use in arena. He moves so damn slow I can never run away when a swarm of red sword users come to attack him or mages that can ORKO him. Especially in this meta where arena is flooded with red units.

The only benefit I see is he can ORKO Takumi, but that is so rare because he moves so slow that I would get swarmed with all these other units.

I can see Hector being S tier in single player, but in arena he's not that good especially when there are dragons, red units, and mages running all over the place.

The thing about Hector is, once you eliminate his hard counters, he can solo entire teams.

A couple times I accidentally let my Tiki die and Hector flat out wiped me. My other red is Lyn and she can't take him.

champloo

What level is your Hector on? I used to bring lv20 Hector to the Arena and got paired with enemy 5-10 levels above me. Once he hit lv40 it became much more manageable. also units with positioning skills help a lot.

Kakaroach

Is everyone so obsessed with arena because there isn't that much content out so far? I just finish my 3 wins and don't think about it twice haha.

Ninferno

First of all, stats total. I know it's stupid but that's because the scoring mechanism is stupid.

Secondly, I think your philosophy of using Hector is bit off. He's meant to be a tank. His primary focus is not killing things, there are lots of other guys who can do that better than him.

What level is your Hector on? I used to bring lv20 Hector to the Arena and got paired with enemy 5-10 levels above me. Once he hit lv40 it became much more manageable. also units with positioning skills help a lot.

He's level 35, with all my other members level 40.

My team is:
-Lucina
-Takumi
-Catria
-Hector

I have 5 star Robin as well, but put in Takumi for the higher stat value.

First of all, stats total. I know it's stupid but that because the scoring mechanism is stupid.

Secondly, I think your philosophy of using Hector is bit off. He's meant to be a tank. His primary focus is not killing things, there are lots of other guys who can do that better than him.

Yeah I forgot to mention it, but the only other reason is to use for stat total. Problem is he can't tank when he gets swarmed by all their mages and red units.

PK Gaming

+Speed Corrin has 37 Speed at 5 ★

41 after a Hone Speed boost, which is insane

I honestly got really lucky with her, since she's currently cleaning up the Arena for me

Started the game over the weekend. Really enjoying it. I don't have time to play many console games, so this has been nice to play in my down time at work and at home. Never played a Fire Emblem game, but changing that soon.

Madouu

It probably was mentioned already but for the people that don't have any of the banner bonus characters, use your 3* Narcian. 4100 gets you in the top 10k right now and you can get it easily with a perfect or near perfect run of almost any 3 lvl40 + Narcian. (Expect your rank to drop with time though)

Cerium

It probably was mentioned already but for the people that don't have any of the banner bonus characters, use your 3* Narcian. 4100 gets you in the top 10k right now and you can get it easily with a perfect or near perfect run of almost any 3 lvl40 + Narcian. (Expect your rank to drop with time though)
The thing is I'm lazy and don't want to level Narcian to 40 while I'm patiently waiting for FemRobin to drop.

AndrewPL

This game is the worst!!!

Have over 60 heroes and only one 5 star...

If the battles were fun it might be different but it all depends on having strong heroes rather than a good strategy.

Time to move on....

I think you actually should use Robin instead of Leo and keep Olivia in? Olivia's dancing is very useful, plus she has a decent enough attack to use against Greens if need be or to give Takumi another shot. What's Robin's negative attribute? He's probably the better pick to upgrade of those 2, since Olivia is generally going to be dancing a lot.

Definitely planning on keeping Olivia in. On offense anyways. I pulled her from my defense team and they seem to do better without her, I assume AI is dumb and wastes her talents.

I like Leo for a couple reasons. If I ever get his special (rarely) it's incredibly powerful. I also like his magic for a couple reasons. It has root. So when I pair him with Olivia I can usually get a shot in, and dance, and kill on my second strike, or alternatively run away.

Second, it has splash damage, so when I'm fighting a Hector or a ranged person that can hit back hard, I can attack an adjacent person and wear them down to the point where Takumi or Robin can kill them before they counter.

I'm really pretty happy with my team. I haven't lost in around 70 battles with Leo, Takumi, Olivia, and Robin. Robin is the weak link. And obviously the lack of anybody melee other than Takumi's counter. But I am trying to make a team with better stat totals, so I'm trying to use Effie in a more effective way. If Robin was something other than +Res I would upgrade him for sure. As it stands he isn't super impressive for anything other than wiping Takumi, and I'm not sure that his 5* is that much more useful generally, but maybe it is.

I think Effie is probably pretty good just a bad matchup for my current units/play style.

Anyways, my units are:
Leo +spd - def which I think is ideal. Doesn't seem to get doubles, and if he is getting hit by a melee character he is going to die in one round pretty often anyways, but his speed will occasionally save him if he can survive the initial hit.
Takumi +atk -hp which seems fine
Robin +res -hp which seems on the average tilted towards bad. More resistance trading shots with a made, less hp trading with Takumi, but at least it isn't -spd
Effie +Def -res. I think this might be good. I really don't know how much difference the 3 points in resistance would make on a green mage
Olivia +res -hp. Not sure how to feel about that.

Shun

No update today, which means Intelligent Systems is still clueless.

You're burning all your goodwill away.

Why join the smartphone space if you're not even prepared, you already delayed yourself from the original fall release.

How unprepared can you be, and think that it's okay?

Garou

4100 points gave me rank 52,000 last season.

Shun

You can't complete in a marathon if you don't have the resources or energy to even commit through with it.

The content droughts so far are worse than FGO at launch, this is Puzzles and Dragons launch level drought of content.

But at least they had an excuse because that was near 5 years ago and the standards and bar hasn't been set then.

You can't seriously tell me that it's a good idea to have a gacha run for 2 FULL weeks, and not have anything as a buffer in between. It's been a week since the last banner, it's the right time to put up the secondary banner to keep spenders from losing interest.

No other smartphone game has a gacha and story content that only updates every 2 weeks. No other major smartphone game has had a drought of shit to do this bad from 2012 until now. This isn't acceptable in 2017, you say you will continue to provide content if players will support it but how can we support if you're not updating anything and continue to apply bandaid solutions.

You already delayed your initial target release date, you don't have any good excuses to not have your shit together by now.

They can turn it around, but they're really testing smartphone game players' patience.

vareon

Stop playing the game if you don't like it so much. Don't worry about "spenders losing interest", it's not your livelihood. If you have fun, keep playing. If you don't, stop.

Anyway, Female Robin special map is tomorrow according to Twitter! If it's anything like Narcian, the 3* one should be really tricky.

Cerium

You can't complete in a marathon if you don't have the resources or energy to even commit through with it.

The content droughts so far are worse than FGO at launch, this is Puzzles and Dragons launch level drought of content.

But at least they had an excuse because that was near 5 years ago and the standards and bar hasn't been set then.

You can't seriously tell me that it's a good idea to have a gacha run for 2 FULL weeks, and not have anything as a buffer in between. It's been a week since the last banner, it's the right time to put up the secondary banner to keep spenders from losing interest.

No other smartphone game has a gacha and story content that only updates every 2 weeks. No other major smartphone game has had a drought of shit to do this bad from 2012 until now.

They can turn it around, but they're really testing smartphone game players' patience.
It seems clear that they were unprepared, but if they are trying to course correct right now, couldn't it be possible that their resources are scrambling to create a major content update which is why we're having these little stopgap events?

Anyway, Female Robin special map is tomorrow according to Twitter!

Finally!

6yrQ1qZ.jpg

Huh?

I'm already about to be all level 40 with my team and finish all the Story Missions.

I have plenty of duel swords and stamina replenishing stuff that I barely used and 29 orbs.

What I really need are some bloody feathers.

Dragner

Meh another arena run ruined by a team with a +10 julia and a +9 Eirika. Whales have started to not use hector to farm people thanks to the flawed matchmaking. I still have to rank this season and may be forced to not use hector if I want to rank at all.

Cerium

Stop playing the game if you don't like it so much. Don't worry about "spenders losing interest", it's not your livelihood. If you have fun, keep playing. If you don't, stop.
Shun loves Fire Emblem more than any of us and knows more about gatcha than most of us. I respect his opinion in these matters.

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/834297114918129664

Look who's coming to town

It's Robin (F)

edit: beaten like a dirty carpet

I've been waiting sooooo long for this.

She better be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom