• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Legacy_

With my current team of Robin, Julia, Chiki and Lyn I haven't had any major issues getting wins this season [a few close calls] but winning with my entire team intact for max score is an entierely other story lol.

If I had Julia, I doubt I'd face any issues either, her heals are good. I've played several games today in arena where having an extra 1 or 2 hp would have kept some of my units alive.

vctor182

I'm seeing so many teams with Linde and Ephraim this season. Linde gets sliced down by my Lucina but the problem is getting to her as she's always at the back. My current team is Ephraim, Lucina, Robin and Takumi all max level.

This is the first season where I'm struggling to get a full win streak.

My team is almost the same except Kagero instead of Takumi and got a better score than last season
Q2wpKMG.jpg

Switched Ephraim in place of FCorrin and he's really good, it helps that he's SPD+/HP- but he can take hits, retaliate and still have enough HP.

Fireblend

Banned
Hit 7 wins again, scored 10 points lower than my previous max. T_T

Anyway, replacing Camilla with Julia seems to have worked real well. May be able to improve my score in the coming days!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Here's my score after first 7 in a row. Honestly, I don't see how this team can be stopped, other than by a massive whale team or a map that starts off enclosing one of my characters with an opponent they are weak against. I have too much kiting and a counter to everything. Takumi and Hector are jokes.

33039968515_0ca3f245f6_c.jpg

Out of 80 Orbs, 2 full sets of 3* and 2 sets with only one 4*, both repeats. Most of the 3* are shit tiers. I just want to quit. I know gachas are gachas but that was one of the dumbest moment of pulls in my gacha career.

Here's my score after first 7 in a row. Honestly, I don't see how this team can be stopped, other than by a massive whale team or a map that starts off enclosing one of my characters with an opponent they are weak against. I have too much kiting and a counter to everything. Takumi and Hector are jokes.

Too bad there's no PVP other than arena. I would like to see who would survive if our teams faced off as both Hector/Takumi are jokes to my team as well haha.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
It just refreshed and my Arena rank is 8,489. I'm sure if I sit on the that score, by the end of the season it will be around 80,000. :p

Too bad there's no PVP other than arena. I would like to see who would survive if our teams faced off as both Hector/Takumi are jokes to my team as well haha.

Definitely. Part of what makes it so easy is the AI is really exploitable. Catria and Cecilia are perfect for luring them to their certain doom.

I like your team. This is mine from last season, haven't played more than the 3 daily swords yet in tier 4:

Cecilia is really good, especially when she one-shots every Takumi or Robin. Only units that give me trouble are.... Tharja and if I run into a team with multiple archers, because you'll most likely take some damage, hard to avoid both.

Kyuur

I think I'm done with this game for now -- feathers, the leveling system (or rather the rate at which you get crystals), hidden nature system are all killing it for me.

Danj

You people and your four 5* level 40 teams :/ I only have two 5*s and they're stuck in the 30s, getting from 30 to 40 is suuuuuuper slow. I have no level 40s.

StAidan

I think I'm done with this game for now -- feathers, the leveling system (or rather the rate at which you get crystals), hidden nature system are all killing it for me.

My time with it will have to massively slow down pretty soon. I spent the weekend promoting a 2* Hana to 4*, but my next aspiration is to promote my Tharja to 5*, and the feather accumulation rate just won't easily accommodate that. I can grind some other characters in the meantime, but the stamina cost for each round will severely throttle that, too. I'm not keen on spending money on the game, either.

Honestly, I love being able to get these small, contained Fire Emblem experiences, during a time in my life when game time is pretty limited. But for the past couple weeks I've had this nagging feeling that I'd have more fun with Awakening or Fates (neither of which I have played yet).

The worst is the gacha psychology is getting to me and I can see it from a mile away. Now I want to spend 35$ for 2 more sets of 5 pulls.

Why? Because after such disastrous pulls, just looking at the game icon on my phone brings a bad feeling. This game was a good feeling for me recently, some relax time in a pretty hectic month. With 2 more sets of pull I could either get semi-lucky and get something decent, like characters I feel like leveling. On the other hand, I could get utter shit again, which would convince me to just delete the game more easily. Like a one time payment to be really convinced that I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

I want to wave away the shit feeling but come the fuck on... I got a 5* Maria when I first started the game. How unlikely is that? Pretty unlikely. Now I spend 80 orbs and out of the 3 4* I get, 2 of them are 4* Maria and the other one is a dupe too. Throw me a fucking Kagero in there or something... Not 17 3* and 3 4* dupes.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I like your team. This is mine from last season, haven't played more than the 3 daily swords yet in tier 4:

Cecilia is really good, especially when she one-shots every Takumi or Robin. Only units that give me trouble are.... Tharja and if I run into a team with multiple archers, because you'll most likely take some damage, hard to avoid both.

Nice team and nice ranking. I have a 5* young Tiki too, but every time I put her in the line up, I have issues with the dragon killers. Judging from your success, it looks like Takumi really helps keep Chrom, Lucina, etc off Tiki.

I already beat my highest score from last season. I'm at 4,390 Offense points now, and all I need is a good defense score.

The only thing I can really do is collect the daily orbs, and wait for events. This isn't meant to be played in long sessions at all.

Nice team and nice ranking. I have a 5* young Tiki too, but every time I put her in the line up, I have issues with the dragon killers. Judging from your success, it looks like Takumi really helps keep Chrom, Lucina, etc off Tiki.

Who else do you have in your lineup? My 5* Robin and Lyn/Abel help to erase any dragon killers from going after my Tiki.

Mupod

You people and your four 5* level 40 teams :/ I only have two 5*s and they're stuck in the 30s, getting from 30 to 40 is suuuuuuper slow. I have no level 40s.

it got way easier for me once I had a single strong 40 to keep things under control. Robin destroyed everything in his path and I got him there in no time. Also Olivia is great for leveling other people. Although getting Olivia herself to 40 is...not.

my horrible luck with 5* pulls is only a downer because of how important stat totals are for getting extra feathers from the arena. I have no trouble getting 7 streaks and I've cleared Lunatic. Kinda unfair that you get more rewards just for having better characters, I basically have to work harder for less.

The worst is the gacha psychology is getting to me and I can see it from a mile away. Now I want to spend 35$ for 2 more sets of 5 pulls.

Why? Because after such disastrous pulls, just looking at the game icon on my phone brings a bad feeling. This game was a good feeling for me recently, some relax time in a pretty hectic month. With 2 more sets of pull I could either get semi-lucky and get something decent, like characters I feel like leveling. On the other hand, I could get utter shit again, which would convince me to just delete the game more easily. Like a one time payment to be really convinced that I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

I want to wave away the shit feeling but come the fuck on... I got a 5* Maria when I first started the game. How unlikely is that? Pretty unlikely. Now I spend 80 orbs and out of the 3 4* I get, 2 of them are 4* Maria and the other one is a dupe too. Throw me a fucking Kagero in there or something... Not 17 3* and 3 4* dupes.

I've been there as well; 100+ orbs with nothing to show for it except for a 3* Robin which I've now 5*d. However, that being said....I managed to pull 3x 5*s after I used up my next batch of 30 so I honestly would like to believe that the game has a way of averaging itself out.

Edit:

I have 5* Julia and Leo (not 40 yet). And various 4*: Nino, Tharja, Nowi, Robin, Jeorge. Oh, and a 5* Lyn as well!

Hmmmm....my setup of 5* Julia, Robin and Lyn seems to keep most Falchion users off of my Chiki. With them as my base it seems like I have enough type-coverage to keep most hard hitters off of her. Now granted, my team is literally built around her so I'm not sure how well she works if you try adding her in a support-type role or anything.

I've been there as well; 100+ orbs with nothing to show for it except for a 3* Robin which I've now 5*d. However, that being said....I managed to pull 3x 5*s after I used up my next batch of 30 so I honestly would like to believe that the game has a way of averaging itself out.

Yea luck usually comes back around. It's just so frustrating on the moment... I would have taken one decent 4* for 80 Orbs but I couldn't even get that.

My time with it will have to massively slow down pretty soon. I spent the weekend promoting a 2* Hana to 4*, but my next aspiration is to promote my Tharja to 5*, and the feather accumulation rate just won't easily accommodate that. I can grind some other characters in the meantime, but the stamina cost for each round will severely throttle that, too. I'm not keen on spending money on the game, either.

Honestly, I love being able to get these small, contained Fire Emblem experiences, during a time in my life when game time is pretty limited. But for the past couple weeks I've had this nagging feeling that I'd have more fun with Awakening or Fates (neither of which I have played yet).

At this rate it will take me over a month to promote someone else to 5*. Hopefully the march quests had some much needed help in that area.

And Julia is a monster. Just a bit fragile though. Every definition of a glass cannon
Not against other mages she isn't :p
Mine can tank an equal level tharja (despite being double hit) and kill her. Poor Robin doesn't even scratch her.
She's terrifying as long as the opponent can't hit her with physical attacks :eek:

Julia is so good. I'm really glad I lucked out and summoned her.

Pulled Julia today. She seems pretty strong so far.

Replacing Camilla with Julia did wonders, she's a beast.

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of surprised how ridiculous Julia is on my team. While f.Corrin will always be the star due to -5 on the entire opposing team's atk and speed, I've not found many units Julia won't one-shot (and literally none she can't two-shot so far), even if they're the opposite colour (not sure how much f.Corrin's +4 attack buff is helping on this admittedly, plus she often ends up next to jorge who gives her a +3 speed during combat)
She's actually kind of getting out of control and outlevelling the rest of the team :p
I guess it helps that she's my only 5 star admittedly and the others are mere 4 star peons :3

Golnei

Why would they be dead? This isn't an Ubisoft game.

Marth's parents are dead.

Celica's father was murdered.

Seliph's dad got barbequed.

Eliwood and Hector both died, along with their ambiguous wives.

King Fado also dies.

Ike's father killed his mother and later was murdered himself.

None of Corrin's biological and adoptive parents survive.

Vena

Marth's parents are dead.

Celica's father was murdered.

Seliph's dad got barbequed.

Eliwood and Hector both died, along with their ambiguous wives.

King Fado also dies.

Ike's father killed his mother and later was murdered himself.

None of Corrin's biological and adoptive parents survive.

Ya but they happen through the games, not necessarily at the start or before the games (the Ubisoft style where parents are already dead often used as either cheap tension or cheap plot progression at the start).

For instance: Hector and Eliwood are major contributors to plot and story movement in Binding Blade, Eliwood is there through almost the entirety of the game and Hector doesn't die right off the bat. Corrin's mom is at the very least alive early on, Anankos is alive till the very end.

I don't actually recall what happened to Roy's mom in Binding Blade, was she dead before his birth? (Rather sad if you went with Lyn for that, oy.)

Golnei

So is nothing above the 6th Stratum available as of yet? The description makes it seem like it goes higher but I see nothing.

How many main story chapters have you cleared?

Also, if he's part dragon, how does Roy use a sword made to seal/destroy dragons?!

As long as he's not using it on himself, I guess. Corrin, Kana and Tiki!Morgan can use Wyrmslayers just fine.

Ya but they happen through the games, not necessarily at the start or before the games (the Ubisoft style where parents are already dead often used as either cheap tension or cheap plot progression at the start).

For instance: Hector and Eliwood are major contributors to plot and story movement in Binding Blade, Eliwood is there through almost the entirety of the game and Hector doesn't die right off the bat. Corrin's mom is at the very least alive early on, Anankos is alive till the very end.

I don't actually recall what happened to Roy's mom in Binding Blade, was she dead before his birth? (Rather sad if you went with Lyn for that, oy.)

I thought they'd speed things up due to the general sparsity of the story - seeing as they don't seem to be including them as central characters, I'm not sure if there's room to give them meaningful deaths in the context of the current story.

lt519

Damn the only bonus character I have is 4* Odin, not going to be a good arena week for me, I didn't realize my possible points would be cut in half.

Wichu

Damn the only bonus character I have is 4* Odin, not going to be a good arena week for me, I didn't realize my possible points would be cut in half.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm using a level 1 3* Odin, and it's actually not too bad. I think I can still fairly easily get above 4000. I'm not expecting to rank high, but I can at least get the feathers for score.

Holy shit just spent 50 orbs and no 5*. NOOOOOOO.

And now I have 5 3* Frederick LOL.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm done with my free orbs including the quests ones. I can only rely on events, dialy bonus and new quests so I need to do my perma team. Can someone help me?

5* units: Takumi, Lyn, Marth, Y.Tiki, Cain.
Notable 4* units: M.Robin, Roy, Catria, Nowi, Cecilia, Clarine, Frederick.
Notable 3* units: Olivia, Nino, Lissa, Serra.

I have 19k feathers so soon I'll be able to upgrade a unit to 5*. Any suggestion from my current roster?

Roman

Bamboo 竹;230764657 said:
Holy shit just spent 50 orbs and no 5*. NOOOOOOO.

And now I have 5 3* Frederick LOL.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm done with my free orbs including the quests ones. I can only rely on events, dialy bonus and new quests so I need to do my perma team. Can someone help me?

5* units: Takumi, Lyn, Marth, Y.Tiki, Cain.
Notable 4* units: M.Robin, Roy, Catria, Nowi, Cecilia, Clarine, Frederick.
Notable 3* units: Olivia, Nino, Lissa, Serra.

I have 19k feathers so soon I'll be able to upgrade a unit to 5*. Any suggestion from my current roster?

If it's for arena your Catria is basically mandatory this week. Her, Takumi, Young Tiki and Olivia or Robin would make a very solid team, but your offense score would be low due to the total stats of your units.

For the long term you should consider promoting either Robin depending on his nature, Olivia (to be dragged down less by her in terms of score), or Nowi (provides bulk and stats).

lt519

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm using a level 1 3* Odin, and it's actually not too bad. I think I can still fairly easily get above 4000. I'm not expecting to rank high, but I can at least get the feathers for score.

Good call, did a quick power level to level 25 then banged out a intermediate run for a quick 3200 points. Probably won't go for more, Odin is kinda shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom