• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy DJ

What am doing now is getting my 4* Effie to level 40 to use her in the arena now.

The fact is, I am going from my most mobile blue unit: Catria, to the least mobile: Effie.

I'm probably going to have to switch out Seliph for Roy just to Shove Effie.

If Effie isn't worth using to pull off perfect win streaks, I'd rather spend 20k feathers on another blue unit. My only other one is Female Corrin at 5* but, I have a few lower rarity ones I could upgrade to merge to her to raise her stats.

However, that's just an example. I don't think I would use Female Corrin because there's becoming too many wyrmslayers to deal with.

Running 4* Effie (I'm assuming the 4* is not a typo) in the Arena is probably a little tricky. The balance right now in Fire Emblem Heroes is really wack since it basically boils down to who can one shot the other first for most people.

Unless I've screwed up my math, I'm fairly sure an attack neutral 4* Effie with +4 attack from Nino's aura cannot one shot HP & def neutral sword users, except Lyn, during the enemy phase. The +4 attack she gets from the Silver Lance+ upgrade resolves this issue.

The main draws of Effie are that she has the second highest average stat totals, needed to run up high arena scores, and that she doesn't need a lot of set up to one shot every sword user in existence. Without the Silver Lance+ upgrade and a lot of people stockpiling on magic nukes, it might be a little tricky to get through the Arena without any losses if you have to spend extra moves finishing off almost dead sword users.

ggx2ac

Running 4* Effie (I'm assuming the 4* is not a typo) in the Arena is probably a little tricky. The balance right now in Fire Emblem Heroes is really wack since it basically boils down to who can one shot the other first for most people.

Unless I've screwed up my math, I'm fairly sure an attack neutral 4* Effie with +4 attack from Nino's aura cannot one shot HP & def neutral sword users, except Lyn, during the enemy phase. The +4 attack she gets from the Silver Lance+ upgrade resolves this issue.

The main draws of Effie are that she has the second highest average stat totals, needed to run up high arena scores, and that she doesn't need a lot of set up to one shot every sword user in existence. Without the Silver Lance+ upgrade and a lot of people stockpiling on magic nukes, it might be a little tricky to get through the Arena without any losses if you have to spend extra moves finishing off almost dead sword users.

Attack up, defense down. I am just using up my dueling swords for the rest of the week to see how she handles. I have to take into account that she won't one-shot things at the moment, I just need to see her mobility.

I'm probably going to end up getting Sharena to 5* then if it doesn't go well.

Hmm I met some Effies and they are "free frag" category when AI is using them

There is very little to do outside of Arena and even that is a rather unpleasant experience for me so far. Probably i suck, but it is no fun meeting +10s and full teams of 5*s just to break your streak. On an unlucky day, I can lose all 3 games. But it is alright, I will wait for the "stamina" to replenish so I can try again, oh wait.. only 3 per day.. imagine they don't give out duelling crests anymore..

They gave 30 swords in arena quests - you are already out of them ? And how are you losing so many ?

Mupod

Anyway, Female Robin special map is tomorrow according to Twitter! If it's anything like Narcian, the 3* one should be really tricky.

Robin-M is already the cornerstone of my team and I badly need a good green. Would be fun to run both.

EQXp5CM.jpg

Hopefully a candidate for 5*, and if this week's bonus is any indication she'd be a sound investment for the future.

Tommy DJ

All armour knights are useless when it comes to the "defend" aspect of the arena because you can split them from the main team or one shot/one round them with enough setup. You only use them because their high stat totals are necessary if you want to get into the tier above the top 1000.

PK Gaming

When you go to unlock potential, you can figure it out looking at the level 1 stats for 5* before having to confirm. You can do it without needing 20k feathers to find out her nature, she just needs to be level 20.

Anyway, if you don't care about the increasing number of Wyrmslayers and if you don't care about having a high team rating for arena because her rating is only 170, then it should be okay.

I have a 5* female Corrin but I am not using her for Arena because of those reasons.

Corrin actually trades with most Wyrmslayers, if not beats them outright, due to her high Speed, magic offense and WTA. Though in toastyToast's case, I wouldn't use her at all considering she's -Spd.

ggx2ac

It would be funny if an avatar male and female appears from the DS remake of Mystery of the Emblem, seeing as it never released overseas.

Ekid

It would be funny if an avatar male and female appears from the DS remake of Mystery of the Emblem, seeing as it never released overseas.

He may appear at some point along the new characters that were added in the remake.

Though currently Marth and co are referred as FE3 characters and not FE1, 11 or 12.

Sölf

So, my Sword/Axe team is level 27-28 now, but unless I use some Stamina Potions I doubt I will get them high enough to even try 7-3/7-4 lunatic. Well, maybe I can at least clear the 7. floor with only axe units soon.

Also, new quests next week. Finally, at least something to do. And I really hope we will get 1-2 more story chapters soon.

Sölf;230793715 said:
So, my Sword/Axe team is level 27-28 now, but unless I use some Stamina Potions I doubt I will get them high enough to even try 7-3/7-4 lunatic. Well, maybe I can at least clear the 7. floor with only axe units soon.

Also, new quests next week. Finally, at least something to do. And I really hope we will get 1-2 more story chapters soon.

Reward is completely not worth the effort.

Mupod

well if the datamined banner is what we have coming up next then I won't feel obligated to spend any orbs for a while, so I figure I'd try to optimize my chances at Eirika. I mathed it out and came up with an excuse to use some orbs today...I just want to say that I'm amazed at my ability to constantly find the worst characters in the game. The Beruka I found was better than my old one at least.

I'll be able to manage 9 more orbs before the banner ends with 3.5% rate so you'resayingthere'sachance.gif

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

They gave 30 swords in arena quests - you are already out of them ? And how are you losing so many ?
The first time I met an Effie, she pretty much soloed like 3 people in my team because I had no ranged units. Fucking Camilla killed herself on Effie.

I've since incorporated Jakob + Olivia into my team, and now Effie is free as long as I keep Jakob alive. I do have to make sure to stay away from her though, because she is really freaking strong.

Pejo

Man, leveling 4* units from 35-40 is down right painful. Those last few tiers of the xp dungeon love to gang up on units with all those fucking cavalry. I might have to drag some level 40s along to tank some hits while the 4* units get the kills.

Good news is that I got F. Corrin maxed out level 40 5* and she is amazing. Really solid character against anything without a Falchion. Her Res-7 debuff is great for finishing off 1v1 trades too. I'm really glad I picked her for my first 4* upgrade.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Me leveling Olivia from 35-40 has become taking my whole arena team into training tower, getting my level 40 guys to tank/soften those super strong targets and then getting Olivia to finish them off. She's such a pain in the ass to level.

I didn't get enough feathers to promote a 4* to 5* this week. Not sure who I want to promote anymore. It's probably best to wait for FemRobin. I like my current team, and probably would only replace Jakob if I find a good ranged nuker.

Is this actually a thing or are people just wishing?

Is what a thing?

They said they're going to add special versions of Lyn, Ike, Lucina and Roy to the game, yes.

Though I expect(hope) they'll probably be event maps rather than having to be pulled, I suppose it can't hurt for someone to hoard the orbs just in case.

Weebos

Banned
Is what a thing?

They said they're going to add special versions of Lyn, Ike, Lucina and Roy to the game, yes.

Though I expect(hope) they'll probably be event maps rather than having to be pulled, I suppose it can't hurt for someone to hoard the orbs just in case.

They will be summons. From the Choose Your Legends site:

0Y00YZu.png

They later said that the second place finishers will also be summons.

Me leveling Olivia from 35-40 has become taking my whole arena team into training tower, getting my level 40 guys to tank/soften those super strong targets and then getting Olivia to finish them off. She's such a pain in the ass to level.

I didn't get enough feathers to promote a 4* to 5* this week. Not sure who I want to promote anymore. It's probably best to wait for FemRobin. I like my current team, and probably would only replace Jakob if I find a good ranged nuker.

I take 2 lvl 40 and pair them with whatever I'm training at the moment and just let the guys I'm training kill all stuff they oppose and mop up healers.

They will be summons. From the Choose Your Legends site:

0Y00YZu.png

They later said that the second place finishers will also be summons.

Welp. Crap.

I guess that explains why they went with four characters - they want 4 banner characters. Hope everyone enjoys getting one or two of the four, and it being the two you don't want. (Also a likely 4 red sword banner, just what everyone needs).

gaiages

Banned
Welp. Crap.

I guess that explains why they went with four characters - they want 4 banner characters. Hope everyone enjoys getting one or two of the four, and it being the two you don't want. (Also a likely 4 red sword banner, just what everyone needs).

And 3/4 are already in the game on top of that :p

Granted they will be alternate costume versions, but still

Gotchaye

I've mentioned before that my Arena team has a hard time with Effie, and that I was sure that eventually I'd be unable to KO her without losing someone. That very nearly happened this time. The match went for at least 20 turns before I finished her off.

I misplayed a little early on and ended up with low HP on Lucina, Catria, and Tiki after killing Tiki, Takumi, and Sharena, so they couldn't take an Effie hit, and none of them had their specials up. I put Anna in Effie's way to get a hit in, but this doesn't quite take Effie down to half and Anna can only take the one hit. I realized that Lucina could survive attacking into Effie at full health so I danced around for a while waiting for her to heal up. Then I realized that even with Lucina attacking before Anna I didn't have the damage to finish Effie. Did some more math and realized that Lucina at full health could actually absorb a charge from Effie and survive with 1 HP (-Atk Effie). So I did that and then spent a while healing up again. Effie was now below half so when Lucina was able to take a counter-attack she went in and eventually killed Effie with Luna.

Ninferno

Welp. Crap.

Well, you guys elected the mess, deal with it:)

Kidding aside, didn't quite a number of guys in this thread constantly say things like "I have no interests in this banner (meaning the 'family bonds') and will wait for the 'choose your legend' banner"? I never understand this. Out of those 4 guys, Roy is boring as shit, Lucina and Lyn are like, meh, OK. Ike could be exciting, but I would rather he appear in a Tellius Banner, along with maybe Micaiah, Mia/Nephenee, and Black Knight, so that he is there because we celebrate the two great FE games he's in, not because of some stupid random poll, and certainly not because of Smash.

But, wait, "alternative outfits". Yeah, I couldn't care less. In fact, I think actual game-themed banners like family bonds are great, and serve a noble course of shining the spotlight on the less known characters like the Japan-only Seliph and Julia. I consider this much more meaningful than the to be "Hey, here are the most 'popular' (aka, having the most exposure) guys, take it" banner.

I gotta repost this but
I got a 5 star marth and a 5 star merrick re rolling. Is this a good start?
Or should I keep going for S tier characters?

I do the re rolls after the first two tutorials to save time.
2 out of 3 5 stars are excellent and I have already started playing a bit, I'm leaning towards keeping this roll.

lyrick

Finally leveled Olivia to 40. And her stats still suck.

You should see her stat growth in Awakening... It's absolutely horrendous.
To make her worthwhile you're going to have to reclass her into a Dark Flier, to get Galeforce, then recruit Inigo...

Seriously though, the only point to Dancers is to give another character attacking/leveling advantages.

Don't blame me, I voted kodos ike.

Kidding aside, didn't quite a number of guys in this thread constantly say things like "I have no interests in this banner (meaning the 'family bonds') and will wait for the 'choose your legend' banner"? I never understand this. Out of those 4 guys, Roy is boring as shit, Lucina and Lyn are like, meh, OK. Ike could be exciting, but I would rather he appear in a Tellius Banner, along with maybe Micaiah, Mia/Nephenee, and Black Knight, so that he is there because we celebrate the two great FE games he's in, not because of some stupid random poll, and certainly not because of Smash.

But, wait, "alternative outfits". Yeah, I couldn't care less. In fact, I think actual game-themed banners like family bonds are great, and serve a noble course of shining the spotlight on the less known characters like the Japan-only Seliph and Julia. I consider this much more meaningful than the to be "Hey, here are the most 'popular' (aka, having the most exposure) guys, take it" banner.

I assume there's a decent possibility that the characters have modified skill/weapon sets too in addition to the different costumes, so I'm not discounting them yet.

Gotchaye

I would spend every available orb on a 4-red banner just because the odds of a 5* per red stone would be pretty crazy. I'd guess like 12%.

gaiages

Banned
Man, looking at all the 'Olivia sucks' posts and looking at my Olivia, by second best unit in my all sword team (and not because she dances), really puts into perspective how piss poor my sword selection is >.>

Marth being at 4* really seems to hurt him, no Falchion means no fun :/

I guess I should be excited for the Choose Your Legends banner then :p

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Man, looking at all the 'Olivia sucks' posts and looking at my Olivia, by second best unit in my all sword team (and not because she dances), really puts into perspective how piss poor my sword selection is >.>

Marth being at 4* really seems to hurt him, no Falchion means no fun :/

I guess I should be excited for the Choose Your Legends banner then :p

My +atk -defense 4* Olivia is my single hardest hitting character. Yeah I dunno either.

Yeh Olivia is a pretty decent attacker, people exaggerate a lot. A +Atk Olivia would have 46 attack @ 5*, plus she has decent speed (33 on avg), she also has 27 def to go along with it. My 4* one has close to 40 attack already iirc.

I finally beat 8-5 and 9-2 on Lunatic (had to grind up my 4* Cecilia from 31 to 36)!! Now once I get the stamina back, it's time to try out 9-4 & 9-5.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am going to miss this bonus XP event. Got 14 characters up to level 40. Done leveling for a while I hope.

Mupod

I got damn near my entire roster to 20 or above during the event and a few stubborn characters like Olivia to 40. I'll try and get Narcian up as high as I can tonight with his babysitter squad of Robin, Olivia and a healer. I hate this guy but need him for arena.

Gonna use my Seliph, Eirika, Julia, Robin team as my main batch for now. I got a bazillion 4*'s though. Gives me options too.

Gonna hoard orbs now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom