• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

It seems clear that they were unprepared, but if they are trying to course correct right now, couldn't it be possible that their resources are scrambling to create a major content update which is why we're having these little stopgap events?

Finally!

No but it's not a good look at all and it doesn't particularly instill your player base with confidence that they will support you on a consistent schedule.

After you beat the new map and get the new character, what then.

You have to prove a lot and the way they're not being transparent and prepared with content for a modern smartphone game doesn't instill confidence that Animal Crossing for iOS and Android will be any different.

I very much enjoy the game, I don't enjoy the lack of game and their lack of transparency.

A huge major update with huge time in between is not what the market wants or how the market works for smartphone games.

It's a service, and a longterm commitment. You can be successful 6 months down the line, which is what matters most. But staggering this early doesn't give people a reason to stick around that long.

It's just ridiculous how unprepared they were for all this.

Trying to calculate some odds for my very bad luck pulling today. What are the odds for pulling something that had 1/24 chance followed by 1/18 and 1/18 again? I have a number but it must be wrong, can't be that bad... Thanks!

ggx2ac

It's a service, and a longterm commitment. You can be successful 6 months down the line, which is what matters most. But staggering this early doesn't give people a reason to stick around that long.

Yeah, they're not doing a great job in my opinion.

It's especially funny when they said they need support from the consumer base so that they can support the game.

I'm still waiting on their revenue to be updated, they should have the money to pump more content out.

The quests they keep putting out is definitely 'filler' because they haven't got anything new so it's just a carrot on a stick to pass the time.

And again I still don't get why they decided that the Monday Training Tower that has no rewards suddenly has more badges for rewards instead of something that people want like feathers. Even if it was 20 feathers max to farm from the tenth stratum, it's better than farming hundreds of badges you can't do anything with because you need tens of thousands of feathers.

Shun

Yeah, they're not doing a great job in my opinion.

It's especially funny when they said they need support from the consumer base so that they can support the game.

I'm still waiting on their revenue to be updated, they should have the money to pump more content out.

The quests they keep putting out is definitely 'filler' because they haven't got anything new so it's just a carrot on a stick to pass the time.

And again I still don't get why they decided that the Monday Training Tower that has no rewards suddenly has more badges for rewards instead of something that people want like feathers. Even if it was 20 feathers max to farm from the tenth stratum, it's better than farming hundreds of badges you can't do anything with because you need tens of thousands of feathers.

The lack of stuff to do in this game made me go back to doing stuff in Granblue, lol

Like straight up, I put down Granblue for a minute but nah Intelligent Systems continues to not know what goodwill is.

Deadass, we finish this new map in what 1, 2 days? Then we'll be back in the same place with nothing to do unless they actually add something substantial.] instead of continual bandaid solutions.

I just don't understand how you delay a game 4 months, and misread the smartphone market this much with those extra 4 months, and think it's okay to do dumb things that literally no other company does. You know it's bad when even Free to Play have hit the power creep. In those 4 months, still manage to have a content drought.

Who the hell wants to sit on the same gacha banner for 2 whole weeks? Like fam you don't even have limited characters in the gacha yet.

You can't tell players to sit and wait, players are going to move on. And it will be hard as hell to get them back after burning away all that initial goodwill.

Cerium

Like straight up, I put down Granblue for a minute but nah Intelligent Systems continues to not know what goodwill is.

Deadass, we finish this new map in what 1, 2 days? Then we'll be back in the same place with nothing to do unless they actually add something substantial.] instead of continual bandaid solutions.

I just don't understand how you delay a game 4 months, and misread the smartphone market this much with those extra 4 months, and think it's okay to do dumb things that literally no other company does. You know it's bad when even Free to Play have hit the power creep. In those 4 months, still manage to have a content drought.

Who the hell wants to sit on the same gacha banner for 2 whole weeks? Like fam you don't even have limited characters in the gacha yet.

You can't tell players to sit and wait, players are going to move on. And it will be hard as hell to get them back after burning away all that initial goodwill.

Shun you mentioned that they're listening on twitter; can't you convey this criticism to them directly with your superior nihongo? Everything you say is true, of course, but you feel the pain more acutely than most posters in this thread because you care more than most posters in this thread. I think that's why some people are taken aback by the ferocity of your complaints.

Shun

Shun you mentioned that they're listening on twitter; can't you convey this criticism to them directly with your superior nihongo? Everything you say is true, of course, but you feel the pain more acutely than most posters in this thread because you care more than most posters in this thread. I think that's why some people are taken aback by the ferocity of your complaints.

I already filled out my email survey on my main and alternate account and tweeted at them.

They know, I mean that's why we've been getting the bandaid solution stopgap quests. But since there isn't a hands on producer who interacts with the fanbase, their communication is very much one way. Whereas in different games the producer will actually reply to some of the concerns being made.

I mean I care enough to be in the top 1,000 ranking week on week, I just find it amazing that with the data mines that people have done on the game and the proof that they had these things in mind, that they still decided it was okay to launch as it is.

I've already voiced my issues and made my voice heard, I'm not some dude that was going to quit in a few months. It's a matter or whether or not Nintendo knows what goodwill is or if they manage to continue to think it's okay to continue their pace because they already made their millions.

I'm just frustrated because I came in with fairly reasonable expectations, because other companies with less money and a new IP could do it. Yet they still launched the way they did.

Cerium

I already filled out my email survey on my main and alternate account and tweeted at them.

They know, I mean that's why we've been getting the bandaid solution stopgap quests. But since there isn't a hands on producer who interacts with the fanbase, their communication is very much one way. Whereas in different games the producer will actually reply to some of the concerns being made.

I mean I care enough to be in the top 1,000 ranking week on week, I just find it amazing that with the data mines that people have done on the game and the proof that they had these things in mind, that they still decided it was okay to launch as it is.

I've already voiced my issues and made my voice heard, I'm not some dude that was going to quit in a few months. It's a matter or whether or not Nintendo knows what goodwill is or if they manage to continue to think it's okay to continue their pace because they already made their millions.

I'm just frustrated because I came in with fairly reasonable expectations, because other companies with less money and a new IP could do it. Yet they still launched the way they did.
I suppose the thing I would like to know is how long it would reasonably take them to create major content updates, assuming that they began working after the surveys. We don't know how big the team is, or if they need to bring on more staff. I have to believe that they're working as hard as they can to produce these big updates as fast as they can, but even if they're doing their best it may take some time before they get things on the right track.

Absolutely agree that there's no excuse for not being ready at launch, but what's done is done and there's no changing that.

ggx2ac

Finished a perfect 7-win streak. So that's my offense done for the week.

C5QS-c8UEAAy5lt.jpg

What am doing now is getting my 4* Effie to level 40 to use her in the arena now.

The fact is, I am going from my most mobile blue unit: Catria, to the least mobile: Effie.

I'm probably going to have to switch out Seliph for Roy just to Shove Effie.

If Effie isn't worth using to pull off perfect win streaks, I'd rather spend 20k feathers on another blue unit. My only other one is Female Corrin at 5* but, I have a few lower rarity ones I could upgrade to merge to her to raise her stats.

However, that's just an example. I don't think I would use Female Corrin because there's becoming too many wyrmslayers to deal with.

Dragner

Yeah content is non existant and the game has so much potential. I finished training all my 5* yesterday and now Im looking at my full stamina and saying...now what?. Made something like a tower with infinite floors and 'permadeath' inside with leaderboards and such. Make arena infinite (why is locked to 3 matches a day blows my mind), make the tower have something other than badges...seriously I have over 100 badges of each. Why I need so much?. And for fuck sake...1 banners each 2 weeks is bad.

Shun

I suppose the thing I would like to know is how long it would reasonably take them to create major content updates, assuming that they began working after the surveys. We don't know how big the team is, or if they need to bring on more staff. I have to believe that they're working as hard as they can to produce these big updates as fast as they can, but even if they're doing their best it may take some time before they get things on the right track.

Absolutely agree that there's no excuse for not being ready at launch, but what's done is done and there's no changing that.

Like the complaint I see most online is

Feathers, make it easier to farm them. The problem with asking them to reduce the amount needed to 5 star is that you piss off the people who have already done multiple 5 star upgrades, and those people will demand a feather refund or reimbursement.

Every other complaint has been, feathers.

after that is

Why aren't arena swords on a timer, and stamina is too little. Like really, why aren't Arena Swords on a timer and limtited to 3 times a day. Your most interesting feature.
Grand Hero Maps have no incentive after clear
Gacha length

After that is all these smaller complaints

So UI/UX
Being able to go reread story and Lv40 conversations
Character library/journal to see all the characters you rolled so far
Character balance
so on so forth.

And we've seen them react to some of the complaints, such as the feather campaign, the launch extension, reducing some stamina costs, providing swords and stamina potions, etc. But even then they still haven't addressed the core issue with each of the major complaints.

This weekend is the Fire Emblem Cipher Sai event in Tokyo, and they're definitely revealing something there and interacting with fans in person. The Cipher card players are going to be voicing their complaints there as well. But that's not for another 4 days, and then time on top of that for release of whatever content they have in mind after announcement. That's at least a week of hoping that people don't quit, because it's difficult to convince them to come back.

Roman

Finished a perfect 7-win streak. So that's my offense done for the week.

What am doing now is getting my 4* Effie to level 40 to use her in the arena now.

The fact is, I am going from my most mobile blue unit: Catria, to the least mobile: Effie.

I'm probably going to have to switch out Seliph for Roy just to Shove Effie.

If Effie isn't worth using to pull off perfect win streaks, I'd rather spend 20k feathers on another blue unit. My only other one is Female Corrin at 5* but, I have a few lower rarity ones I could upgrade to merge to her to raise her stats.

However, that's just an example. I don't think I would use Female Corrin because there's becoming too many wyrmslayers to deal with.

I have a 4* lv40 Effie but no idea how to use her without a dancer, especially on the split maps, without losing units. Ideally I would like to also add my 5* lv40 Sheena for the score but that seems even less doable.

GenG3000

Why would they want to update the game frequently? It's obvious that their main focus is scratching that FE itch and make you go back / get into the main series, while raising funds from whales for future titles.

Cerium

She was green in the missions she appears in I think.
I don't know what that has to do with what you quoted.

Why would they want to update the game frequently? It's obvious that their main focus is scratching that FE itch and make you go back / get into the main series, while raising funds from whales for future titles.

Whales don't spend on a dead game, and the game will die without content.

This weekend is the Fire Emblem Cipher Sai event in Tokyo, and they're definitely revealing something there and interacting with fans in person. The Cipher card players are going to be voicing their complaints there as well. But that's not for another 4 days, and then time on top of that for release of whatever content they have in mind after announcement. That's at least a week of hoping that people don't quit, because it's difficult to convince them to come back.
Well, hopefully they have good news for us then!

Yui

I'm still hoping for real events (not those one off maps).
As in, clear event maps to get points, which get you badges, feathers, like 5 orbs and a character per event.
2 star version early in the reward list, 3 stars later. Hell, maybe throw in a 4 star version for tiering.
I know quite a few people especially newcomers to the whole gacha thing would probably find it tedious, or unfair and all, but I think it would be a lot better than one off maps and "special" quests for existing maps.

And for fuck sake...1 banners each 2 weeks is bad.

No it's not - it gives fair amount of time to F2P players to get them.

At the moment I'd say biggest problem is lack of something to farm feathers.

They could allow us to farm those 1/2* guys - we would have source of feathers and something to use our stamina on while they develop some more interesting content.

ggx2ac

I have a 4* lv40 Effie but no idea how to use her without a dancer, especially on the split maps, without losing units. Ideally I would like to also add my 5* lv40 Sheena for the score but that seems even less doable.

I'm looking at my list of potential 5 stars...

Unfortunately the ones I was interested in came up short.

I was really interested in Oboro because she's an alternative to Ephraim. She has a heavy spear, rally defense, seal def and, threaten Res. It goes very well with my Nino because enemies get weakened and Oboro can increase Nino's damage with Rally Defense.

Unfortunately, Oboro has a rating of 169 so she ends up having a lower rating than my Catria at 171 when I was trying to choose Effie since she has 183 rating.

The other problem is her speed is low, she has great defense at 35. But I wonder if that's enough to take hits when she will get attacked twice easily and she isn't able to attack twice against fast units easily. I'd have to get a speed up version which only gives 29 speed and then I'd still need her to have speed buffs for combat.

So then I looked at Nowi, she has 177 rating, unfortunately again, slow and is a dragon when more units are becoming wyrmslayers.

So the only one left that could just be decent enough is Sharena with 177 rating. I currently don't have Fae or Female Corrin in the team to use Threaten Atk. Sharena is fast at 35 speed and has decent attack, it shouldn't be hard to buff Nino with Fortify Defense which would add +4 damage to her. Plus, if I still use Seliph to keep rating up, I could actually get him up to 41 Def when he is below 50% health.

So yeah, if Effie isn't great to use in Arena. Sharena will be my next choice, I definitely would have liked to use Oboro.

Cerium

I'm using a Level 2 Narcian in Arena right now and running into a bunch of other people doing the same thing. We are the lazy club.

ggx2ac

You probably missed the announcement from the last financial briefing that Kimishima stated that their mobile initiative is now becoming another revenue stream for Nintendo. It is no longer just getting people exposed to Nintendo IP but to also make money on mobile for Nintendo.

Shun

No it's not - it gives fair amount of time to F2P players to get them.

At the moment I'd say biggest problem is lack of something to farm feathers.

They could allow us to farm those 1/2* guys - we would have source of feathers and something to use our stamina on while they develop some more interesting content.

It sucks because it doesn't give people a reason to roll for long periods of times, or better yet, spend money which is the entire point of the banner.

You're not missing anything if a banner is only for a week, none of the characters introduced so far are limited.

All of them are a part of the gacha from here on out, the only thing is that you won't get the rate up on them but you will always have a chance at getting those characters you want.

The only time where it would be detrimental to a f2p player is if those characters were really strong, and were only available for a limited period of time. Hence limited characters like Christmas or New Years exclusives.

Rage of Bahamut, Granblue, and plenty of other games have limited characters.

By having it last for 2 weeks, you give people less of a incentive to spend your orbs or money, and more of a incentive to go hoard and wait, especially if your team is good enough.

Today was a good time to introduce that leaked banner to have a rotation of new and old every other week, but they didn't. No other game has a gacha that lasts this long.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Can someone explain how merging works? I fail to see real benefit. Is the idea that you merge 5* into 5* to get stat increases and hit 40+ levels?

Merging 4* into 5* doesn't really do anything? I've held onto a few spares now not. Wing entirely sure what to do!

ggx2ac

Can someone explain how merging works? I fail to see real benefit. Is the idea that you merge 5* into 5* to get stat increases and hit 40+ levels?

Merging 4* into 5* doesn't really do anything? I've held onto a few spares now not. Wing entirely sure what to do!

Merge 4* to 5* if you need more SP without having to farm +3SP from max level enemies in the tower when you reach level 40.

However, you want to merge 5* units with other 5* units if it's the best choice because it will raise the ratings of your character by 2 points each time to a maximum of 20 points which is +4 to all your stats when you are level 40+10. This is important to use for Arena.

Hence, keeping your 4* units would help. Spend 20k feathers to upgrade to 5* and then merge to improve your 5* hero.

_Legacy_

Finally got my 7 game win streak, final score of 4,224. A few hundred below my flawless run last season but will have to do. Just wanted to crack 4k, doubt I'll try and improve on that score, not feeling arena this week at all.

I think I might 5 star my female Corrin. Her res is trash but I don't know what her + stat is. HP/Atk/Spd/Def goes 38/34/29/31 at level 38

Should I do it?

ggx2ac

I think I might 5 star my female Corrin. Her res is trash but I don't know what her + stat is. HP/Atk/Spd/Def goes 38/34/29/31 at level 38

Should I do it?

When you go to unlock potential, you can figure it out looking at the level 1 stats for 5* before having to confirm. You can do it without needing 20k feathers to find out her nature, she just needs to be level 20.

Anyway, if you don't care about the increasing number of Wyrmslayers and if you don't care about having a high team rating for arena because her rating is only 170, then it should be okay.

I have a 5* female Corrin but I am not using her for Arena because of those reasons.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Merge 4* to 5* if you need more SP without having to farm +3SP from max level enemies in the tower when you reach level 40.

However, you want to merge 5* units with other 5* units if it's the best choice because it will raise the ratings of your character by 2 points each time to a maximum of 20 points which is +4 to all your stats when you are level 40+10. This is important to use for Arena.

Hence, keeping your 4* units would help. Spend 20k feathers to upgrade to 5* and then merge to improve your 5* hero.

Thanks! That's crazy! I only just have 20k feathers and I don't even have enough great badges to level up ONE 4* nevermind a whole bunch of them.

I have a duplicate 5* Raven. I don't think he's gonna be arena meta or anything - is it more worthwhile to send the dupe home for feathers considering feathers are quite hard to come by?

Losing a 5* for a measly +1 to a subpar unit seems like poor value.

Ninferno

Glad to hear that FemRobin is coming tomorrow. She'd better be good, like Nino level of good. I have dumped like 80 or so orbs opening only green and blue stones for the past few days, in the hope of getting some good mage (by good mage I mean Nino/Julia/Linde/MaleRobin) because I'm already pretty happy with me team and that's the last piece of the puzzle. But of course the green stones have to turn out to be Fredericks and the blues Jagans. Yeah, what else do I expect? (sigh)

So FemRobin, I beg you, please be good...

BTW, speaking of data-mining turns out to be true, wouldn't that mean the jaw-droppingly weird "Fir/Hawkeye/Tiki(A)/Maria" banner will also be true? What were Nintendo/IS smoking? Do they not want money? Seriously, who would want to draw from that banner?

Frimaire

I was planning on waiting for another banner before summoning again, but I caved...
Luckily, I got ,my third 5-star: Julia.
She seems pretty good so far....

unrealist

There is very little to do outside of Arena and even that is a rather unpleasant experience for me so far. Probably i suck, but it is no fun meeting +10s and full teams of 5*s just to break your streak. On an unlucky day, I can lose all 3 games. But it is alright, I will wait for the "stamina" to replenish so I can try again, oh wait.. only 3 per day.. imagine they don't give out duelling crests anymore..

About heroes, once they are 40, that is it. Unless you enhance them with multiple copies which costs money unless you are lucky with all your rolls. In other games, you can enhance your character in different ways (granted doing it wrong can lead to a bad grind).

I play tons of gatcha games and even F2p players have some sort of chance getting top percentiles (not the very top but maybe 20% at least). I really regret spending on this game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom