• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Man, looking at all the 'Olivia sucks' posts and looking at my Olivia, by second best unit in my all sword team (and not because she dances), really puts into perspective how piss poor my sword selection is >.>

Marth being at 4* really seems to hurt him, no Falchion means no fun :/

I guess I should be excited for the Choose Your Legends banner then :p

My Olivia just hit 40 and while she's become somewhat decent when attacking, she gets oneshot really easily. So the option to attack with her is there, but 90% of the time it's better to just have her dance to let stronger to do the attack instead.

PK Gaming

I need to know who is goddammn responsible for making (hot) Tiki so underwhelming

Hot Tiki and Kid Tiki should have swapped stats and skillsets :X

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I am also quite sad that Nowi simply outclasses Adult Tiki in every way except for aesthetics and fashion sense.

gaiages

Banned
D'aw, the Olivia Defense Force makes me feel better

I like her a lot, honestly. I wanna get her to 5* but lol feathers. She doesn't really have much synergy in my A team, though.

Got my 4* Alfonse to Lv. 40. Still feels useless. >.> Don't think 5* would make him much better either.

It's funny how Effie isn't that much better than him in terms of stats. Heck, I'm sure many people would normally pick Alfonse over her because greater stats barring Spd don't compensate for 1 Mov.

For reference:
5* Alfonse: 43 HP | 51 Atk | 25 Spd | 32 Def | 22 Res
5* Effie: 50 HP | 55 Atk | 22 Spd | 33 Def | 23 Res

It's just that, while both have abysmal Spd, Effie doesn't really care when she has Wary Fighter. lol

#StopOliviaShaming

KQqzM9ol.jpg

4* Alfonse: 40 HP | 44 Atk | 23 Spd | 30 Def | 20 Res

Can we replace Alfonse with her? Please, IntSys?

Thanks all

Yeah I need a proper green. I've been holding out for a top tier green before I level any of them up.

I was sitting on 64 orbs and decided I'll do a roll and I ended up with my worst roll yet. -_-

Ninja Dom

Yes!!!

Got a 5* Seliph!!! Now I'm getting big rewards doing the Training arenas.

Also got a 3* Saizo. But he's a Ninja so he goes in my teams by default.

Totakeke

Get a green unit.

My 4* Gunter literally just walks up to him and kills him without any issue. And he's only lvl 34 going up against lvl 40 robins

Gunter has 42hp 47atk 24spd 18res at 5* lvl40. Robin has 40hp 40atk 29def 29spd at 5* lvl40. Gunther does 47*1.2-29=27 damage per hit to Robin. His speed is lower so he needs two rounds of combat. Robin does 40*.8-18=14 damage per hit to Gunter, but his speed is at 29 so he does 2 hits per round of combat. He kills Gunter in three hits or 1.5 rounds of combat. I'm also ignoring all abilities.

In that scenario Gunter only survives if he gets hit by Robin first, then he kills Robin before Robin can does his third hit to him.

I wouldn't recommend Gunter as a Robin counter.

J-Tier

Finally got a full 5* team.

5* Lucina, Nowi, Lissa, and Julia. All Lvl 40, and Lissa is Lvl 36.

Also have a 5* Corrin Male, though no real use for him.

Working on getting more feathers to upgrade my 4* Cordelia.

Wish there was a system to make use of leftover SP.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Any tips for Lunatic 9-5 lol?

I trained up Cecilia to have a green mage which helped a lot in 8-5, 9-2 & 9-4 (was able to do them without any Light's Blessings), but she's pretty useless against Xander's range/color. 4* Level 40 Abel does 4x4 on him with an attack up from Olivia and can take 2 attacks from Xander (about 17 dmg), but that just isn't enough since the stupid healer is right behind him and Veronica usually takes him out during that process. And Takumi gets one-shotted (barely) by Veronica and Xander. I only ended up killing the healer at the very end, who decided to go right at Takumi for some reason while Xander hung back (as if to taunt me lol). I'm fine with using a light's blessing, but it seems kind of pointless when I couldn't even take down Xander or Veronica with my entire party.

I have:
L40 - 5* Takumi (+Atk, -Res)
L40 - 4* Abel (neutral)
L38 - 4* Gunter
L37 - 4* Olivia (+Atk)
L36 - 4* Cecilia
L35 - 4* Sharena
L32 - 4* Anna
L31 - 4* Florina (she's a decent res tank at least w/ 29 Res -> -HP, +Def)
L31 - 4* Marth
L30 - 4* Fir

StAidan

I'm in dire need of a decent green unit since my main squad has reached the level 30-35 range. My 4* Bartre was "good enough" for a long time, but now he just falls apart in 1-2 hits no matter what he's facing. If I don't have anything better, would Anna be a good replacement for him? (I have a 4* Camilla too, but my team already has enough trouble with archers.)

I just don't understand how you delay a game 4 months, and misread the smartphone market this much with those extra 4 months, and think it's okay to do dumb things that literally no other company does.
You're talking about a company that had multiple polls pointing strongly to one version of a character being popular while the other was languishing and made their response pushing the unpopular one even harder while trying to diminish the popular more :p
(yes, I'm bitter about Corrin. no, I won't ever not be bitter until they actually acknowledge it)

However, that's just an example. I don't think I would use Female Corrin because there's becoming too many wyrmslayers to deal with.

Corrin actually trades with most Wyrmslayers, if not beats them outright, due to her high Speed, magic offense and WTA. Though in toastyToast's case, I wouldn't use her at all considering she's -Spd.
Yeah, I was going to mention that as far as Corrin goes, wyrmslayers don't really bother her much outside of Julia (julia is terrifying for her though)

Probably been asked a million times but what's a proper counter to Robin?

My Kagero, Takumi, Lucina can't even phase him
Julia destroys robin and he can barely scratch her :eek:

Mupod

Probably been asked a million times but what's a proper counter to Robin?

My Kagero, Takumi, Lucina can't even phase him

As a Robin user the main things that piss me off are pegasi or green mages (he's +spd -res). I also run Olivia and Robin is generally my answer to everything else including green melee.

I use my own Camilla to blow up Robins but that tends to be a suicide mission.

Blue-kun

Seliph is slower and tankier.

And has like less 10 speed at the exchange of some extra HP, which makes it so that it gets doubled by everything.

Seliph is a character I want to like, because FE4 is my favourite FE and Seliph is my favourite Lord in the entire series, but while he has amazing stat totals, the way they got distributed is completely asinine. I don't see a single reason to run him over other people, except for Rally Speed, but even then... yeah.

He's underwheling.

Gunter has 42hp 47atk 24spd 18res at 5* lvl40. Robin has 40hp 40atk 29def 29spd at 5* lvl40. Gunther does 47*1.2-29=27 damage per hit to Robin. His speed is lower so he needs two rounds of combat. Robin does 40*.8-18=14 damage per hit to Gunter, but his speed is at 29 so he does 2 hits per round of combat. He kills Gunter in three hits or 1.5 rounds of combat. I'm also ignoring all abilities.

In that scenario Gunter only survives if he gets hit by Robin first, then he kills Robin before Robin can does his third hit to him.

I wouldn't recommend Gunter as a Robin counter.

Actually, Gunter survives if he's the one striking first because Robin can't fight up close. He's also got an easier time controlling space to ensure the first strike because he's mounted.

Gotchaye

Yeah, I was going to mention that as far as Corrin goes, wyrmslayers don't really bother her much outside of Julia (julia is terrifying for her though)

I'd never really thought about Corrin being good against wyrmslayers, I guess because my Lucina is +Spd and so typically doubles her. But yeah I think other than that she survives a combat with any Falchion user.

I'd never really thought about Corrin being good against wyrmslayers, I guess because my Lucina is +Spd and so typically doubles her. But yeah I think other than that she survives a combat with any Falchion user.
Heh, fair enough, I've not run into that yet but I tend to debuff atk and speed before going in so that might be why :3

You guys know that F Robin is a green mage right? You guys should wait.
I'm hoping she'll be good but that art ain't looking great (she got f.Corrin'ed) http://feheroes.wiki/Robin_(F)

toneroni

Felt the urge last night so did a full 5 pull.

Got Linde - Is she any good? I'm slowly leveling her in the training tower, kinda wish she had a traditional heal though.

Arena team is 5* Seliph / 5* Camilla / 5* Tak / 3* Olivia
Other 5* Lyn / Roy
4* I'm working on - Nowi / Robin(M)
Worth it to upgrade Olivia to 4*? All I use her for is dancing

I can't beat the 7-3 Swords challenge at the moment and still have a few lunatic quests left

Anastasis

Got Linde - Is she any good? I'm slowly leveling her in the training tower, kinda wish she had a traditional heal though.

Other 5* Lyn / Roy

I can't beat the 7-3 Swords challenge at the moment and still have a few lunatic quests left

Linde is top tier. I've had her since the beginning - a powerful glass cannon.

ggx2ac

Other 5* Lyn / Roy

If you don't want a good unit, you can choose not to use Linde.

If you care about getting a higher score in arena, you'll have to remove Olivia and put in Linde because a 3* character's rating is low to drag down your team rating average by a lot.

You won't be able to beat 7-3 unless you have a falchion user because of self-healing or, an Armourslayer may help.

OceanBlue

It's probably easier to just use a green mage because most of the blue characters other than Robin right now are either high defense characters (Ephraim, Catria, Effie, Nowi) or Linde lol. Robin is also naturally low on resistance which is nice too.

Sushen

I've got these unfamiliar characters:
Caeda 5
Cordelia, Setsuna, Cecilia 4

Is there anyone that is worth level up?

My current team is
Marth, Hinoka, Joerge, Maria

I'm going to level up 4* M Robin for sure.

I also use 4* Tharja on and off but she dies too easily.

Okamid3n

Not having a featured hero this arena round really hurts.

Well, I have Odin, but...yea. Narcian it is.

Three Stars Narcian lowered my score so much that even with a perfect 7/7 no deaths run, I'll probably be kicked out of the top 10,000 before the end (a few hours ago, I was top 4000).

Narcian is such a death weight against everything that isn't holding a lance (and can't one-round said lance users), it's like an added challenge, and you get rewarded with a lower score for it too. I don't like the scoring system one bit.

I hope they rotate these heroes again soon.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Any tips for Lunatic 9-5 lol?

I trained up Cecilia to have a green mage which helped a lot in 8-5, 9-2 & 9-4 (was able to do them without any Light's Blessings), but she's pretty useless against Xander's range/color. 4* Level 40 Abel does 4x4 on him with an attack up from Olivia and can take 2 attacks from Xander (about 17 dmg), but that just isn't enough since the stupid healer is right behind him and Veronica usually takes him out during that process. And Takumi gets one-shotted (barely) by Veronica and Xander. I only ended up killing the healer at the very end, who decided to go right at Takumi for some reason while Xander hung back (as if to taunt me lol). I'm fine with using a light's blessing, but it seems kind of pointless when I couldn't even take down Xander or Veronica with my entire party.

I have:
L40 - 5* Takumi (+Atk, -Res)
L40 - 4* Abel (neutral)
L38 - 4* Gunter
L37 - 4* Olivia (+Atk)
L36 - 4* Cecilia
L35 - 4* Sharena
L32 - 4* Anna
L31 - 4* Florina (she's a decent res tank at least w/ 29 Res -> -HP, +Def)
L31 - 4* Marth
L30 - 4* Fir

Anyone? I'm willing to grind these characters up to or close to 40 if need be, but I'm just trying to figure out what characters to prioritize and try...

Swordy

I have 20k feathers now but I'm kind of unsure if I really should bring Corrin to 5*. Would it be more sensible to rather bring Robin to 5* with my team? Especially because of all those Tacos and Reds in the arena. The debuffs und buffs of Corrin are awesome, but too be honest it's hard to get streaks in the arena, my highest was like 3500.

s0l9IlM.jpg

Achtius

Displacement skill (is that the proper term?) like swap is really useful. I might level up Subaki. He keep saving my green unit by swapping him out of range of a red unit.

Jebusman

Banned
I just started playing and rolled 2 of Azura. I mean she's supposed to be a good character but from a starting point 2 of her seems unnecessary.

I'm debating rerolling (only because my other pulls were 3 stars each) but I dunno.

Is there any point to having duplicate characters?

Tommy DJ

I just started playing and rolled 2 of Azura. I mean she's supposed to be a good character but from a starting point 2 of her seems unnecessary.

I'm debating rerolling (only because my other pulls were 3 stars each) but I dunno.

Is there any point to having duplicate characters?

Merge them for a bonus level. That's about it really. Just check their IVs before you do so.

Azura's great because she hits reds pretty hard, has dance, and her passive aura (+4 Res) is one of the less common ones from my experience. I think she has a pretty low roll rate so consider yourself lucky that you pulled two of them.

PK Gaming

Mine has +spd, so she's actually fast enough to double most of them (including neutral nature Lucina) after a Hone Speed, haha.

Sushen

Trying to level up Caeda and she's a delicate flower that I can't keep her alive. It's too bad she's one of my few 5*... seems like a waste

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Getting a unit to level 40 is such a pain. The last 10 levels take forever. Arena helps a bit, but there is no telling if Nintendo will keep giving out dueling crests like candy. The Training tower isn't even that good for the last few levels.

Cerium

but she is mai waifu

what if she loves robin more than me

I should send him home

Listen man Lyn is my favorite character in the series and I'm getting ready to replace her with FemRobin because I need a green. You gotta do what you gotta do. Arena life is hard out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom