• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game ever gets to a point where I have to use characters I don't like just to be competitive, that's when I stop playing. I don't mind using a few to cover a weakness in the interim, but my focus will always be on utilizing characters I enjoy whether or not they're SSS+++.

Cerium

If the game ever gets to a point where I have to use characters I don't like just to be competitive, that's when I stop playing. I don't mind using a few to cover a weakness in the interim, but my focus will always be on utilizing characters I enjoy whether or not they're SSS+++.

I like FemRobin fine. I just like Lyn better.

I like FemRobin fine. I just like Lyn better.
Obviously we still have to consider the spread, but I'm approaching it from a point of personal preference.

I'm using Takumi right now solely because he addresses a need, but as soon as I get a comparable transparent unit, even if they're not as good, Takumi is out because I don't care for him at all.

Cerium

Julia is good enough that if you were lucky enough to pull her, you shouldn't be salty at all.

Especially considering I'm going to have to blow 22000 feathers (got them saved already) getting FemRobin to 5*. I'll also have to grind her to at least 20 before grinding again to 40. Depending on her skills and SP, I might need more than that.

Mupod

Pretty happy with how well I did with jank ass Narcian. He wasn't hard to level either.

lo7IJDn.jpg

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How do you damage an enemy with a Shield? I'm having issues dealing damage to a lancer with a shield. Almost all my characters do 0 damage if not a little better sometimes.

Acerac

Banned
How do you damage an enemy with a Shield? I'm having issues dealing damage to a lancer with a shield. Almost all my characters do 0 damage if not a little better sometimes.

Magic damage is the key if you don't have anyone who specializes against heavily armored units. Keep in mind that dragons also do magic damage, so they are often your best option if you have one.

Vecks

Got a score of 4048 in arena today, for a rank of 18,944. I don't think I'll be able to get a better score with my current team, so I'll be happy if I can stay above the 50,000 rank.

toneroni

Linde is top tier. I've had her since the beginning - a powerful glass cannon.

Awesome thx - I gotta lvl her up quicker then!

If you don't want a good unit, you can choose not to use Linde.

If you care about getting a higher score in arena, you'll have to remove Olivia and put in Linde because a 3* character's rating is low to drag down your team rating average by a lot.

You won't be able to beat 7-3 unless you have a falchion user because of self-healing or, an Armourslayer may help.
Lol ok I get the hint - time to put Linde in the hyperbaric chamber and lvl her up.

No wonder I almost never break 600 in the hardest arena battle.
Guess I'll push Olivia to 4* and see how it goes or just get Linde lvled up. O + Tak or O + Camilla has been good to me.

I have a 4* armorslayer, guess I can try that while hunting for a falchion.

Thanks for the tips!

Ninferno

I just spent 3 stamina pots grinding Julia to level 40.

I'll be hella salty if Femrobin completely outclasses her.

A free unit "completely outclassing" a banner unit that's supposed to lure your cash? I highly doubt it. You are lucky enough to have Julia, so just chill out.

Meanwhile, as someone who's out of luck to get neither Julia nor Nino, I'm joining the #MakeRobinGreatAgain camp.

NawtKool

Neo Member
If Robin happens to be a really good unit, I've got feathers for her. If not, 5* Setsuna, here I come. (I would 5* my Sharena or Cordelia, but I'm not using them in arena atm).

It would be really cool to have a free practice arena where you can battle friend's teams. Don't give any XP or anything but give a way to practice dammit.

Hm, just had an idea for a fun high-offense comp: Hana + Any healer with Rehabilitate.

Hana: Secretly permanent kill-mode Lyn?

The theory behind her is that, with 52 Atk and 44 Spd (!!), she can ORKO just about everything in the game that isn't blue. As compensation, with 37 HP and 17 Def / 18 Res, she's guaranteed to be at near-death fighting just about everything that isn't blue.

Assuming both units have neutral natures, the few reds capable of surviving her are lolAlfonse, Chrom, Hinata, Seliph, Adult Tiki, Loli Tiki, and herself. Of them, only Hinata and Seliph can survive a +Atk Hana with them having a neutral nature (yes, she can one-shot herself with the correct nature), Chrom can survive by one-shotting her on counter-attack if he has a +Atk nature, and Hinata and only Hinata can survive regardless of natures and buffs on her due to his immense 42 Def despite being unarmored. Everybody else? Completely screwed without defensive natures and buffs, but at least she's at near-death, right?

Well, being at near-death, she can receive a full heal from a healer with Rehabilitate, acting as if it never happened. In a way, this combo would let her become a more insane Lyn because Lyn only really shines offensively when she's at half health, coming at the cost of -any- red being capable of ending her if she's forced to tank a hit when out of position or forced to fight a red with Vantage active. On top of that, Lyn, while she is fast, only has 37 Spd assuming neutral nature, meaning any red with 33 Spd can ruin her offensive game and boy, are there a lot of those. Heck, a green with 33 Spd can ruin her offensive game.

You wanna know which reds and greens have the 40 Spd required to naturally screw over Hana's offensive game? Hana. That's. Fucking. It.

---

Probably won't be replacing Linde as the ultimate glass cannon any time soon as Linde has range on her side, nor will she be top swordsman when Lucina's just infinitely more durable and thus more sane to use even before factoring Falchion's built-in Renewal 2 that frees up the healer slot in the high-score arena meta, but I legit think you can build a team around her.

champloo

Hm, just had an idea for a fun high-offense comp: Hana + Any healer with Rehabilitate.

The theory behind her is that, with 52 Atk and 44 Spd (!!), she can ORKO just about everything in the game that isn't blue. As compensation, with 37 HP and 17 Def / 18 Res, she's guaranteed to be at near-death fighting just about everything that isn't blue.

Assuming both units have neutral natures, the few reds capable of surviving her are lolAlfonse, Chrom, Hinata, Seliph, Adult Tiki, Loli Tiki, and herself. Of them, only Hinata and Seliph can survive a +Atk Hana with them having a neutral nature (yes, she can one-shot herself with the correct nature), Chrom can survive by one-shotting her on counter-attack if he has a +Atk nature, and Hinata and only Hinata can survive regardless of natures and buffs on her due to his immense 42 Def despite being unarmored. Everybody else? Completely screwed without defensive natures and buffs, but at least she's at near-death, right?

Well, being at near-death, she can receive a full heal from a healer with Rehabilitate, acting as if it never happened. In a way, this combo would let her become a more insane Lyn because Lyn only really shines offensively when she's at half health, coming at the cost of -any- red being capable of ending her if she's forced to tank a hit when out of position or forced to fight a red with Vantage active. On top of that, Lyn, while she is fast, only has 37 Spd assuming neutral nature, meaning any red with 33 Spd can ruin her offensive game and boy, are there a lot of those. Heck, a green with 33 Spd can ruin her offensive game.

You wanna know which reds and greens have the 40 Spd required to naturally screw over Hana's offensive game? Hana. That's. Fucking. It.

---

Probably won't be replacing Linde as the ultimate glass cannon any time soon as Linde has range on her side, nor will she be top swordsman when Lucina's just infinitely more durable and thus more sane to use even before factoring Falchion's built-in Renewal 2 that frees up the healer slot in the high-score arena meta, but I legit think you can build a team around her.

Lon'qu has 42 spd and vantage.. not that he is common.. but he is a red Hana can't deal with.
I've also been thinking about how to make use of Hana's insane stats. maybe having someone with Swap/Reposition pulling her out after she did her job.. like her partner Subaki

Totakeke

We can talk about how blue is a better color than red, but Tharja is almost as good as Linde and we know everyone wishes they had a Linde.

Max Linde has 35hp, 49atk, 39spd, 14def, 27res.
Max Tharja has 39hp, 45atk, 34spd, 23def, 20res.

First off, -4atk and -5spd looks like a big deal (and it is). But Tharja has darting blow which gives her +6spd on offense. And seriously, how often do you use Linde on defense anyway? They are glass cannons and going to be picking off characters instead of defending from them most of the time. 34spd is still good enough on defense to not take 2x attacks from most characters. What popular characters have 39spd or above? Just Linde. Red loses to blue anyway so whatever, it doesn't matter.

That brings us to -4atk. Yeah this is a big deal because with high speed that's as good as 8 damage per round of combat. However Tharja has Raourblade which means she can easily make up for that missing attack with any buffs from characters (which good characters of often have) and with potential to go much higher.

So why is Tharja a meh while Linde is omg amazing? /shrugs

PK Gaming

---

Hana is definitely on of the more underrated "free units." The only issue with that Hana doesn't have an enemy phase, and healers are kind of meh, but I could see it being somewhat useful (moreso on PvE).

Still blows my mind how a low star gacha characters are viable in this game. I love the rank up system.

We can talk about how blue is a better color than red, but Tharja is almost as good as Linde and we know everyone wishes they had a Linde.

First off, -4atk and -5spd looks like a big deal (and it is). But Tharja has darting blow which gives her +6spd on offense. And seriously, how often do you use Linde on defense anyway? They are glass cannons and going to be picking off characters instead of defending from them most of the time. 34spd is still good enough on defense to not take 2x attacks from most characters. What popular characters have 39spd or above? Just Linde. Red loses to blue anyway so whatever, it doesn't matter.

That brings us to -4atk. Yeah this is a big deal because with high speed that's as good as 8 damage per round of combat. However Tharja has Raourblade which means she can easily make up for that missing attack with any buffs from characters (which good characters of often have) easily.

Tharja isn't considered meh, she's actually regarded as a fairly strong character. You said it yourself though, blue is so much better than Red in this game it's not even funny. (some things never change ;-;)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That brings us to -4atk. Yeah this is a big deal because with high speed that's as good as 8 damage per round of combat. However Tharja has Raourblade which means she can easily make up for that missing attack with any buffs from characters (which good characters of often have) easily.

I think it's because not many people are using/have pulled Tharja right now, or have teams built around her. I think she's going to be considered a lot stronger as time goes on, especially if the color spread starts evening out a bit.

OceanBlue

Maybe Linde just fills a better niche because of her color? She's an 8.5 according to Gamewith so that doesn't seem bad at all (Lucina and Ryoma are the only red characters above 9).

alcheim

That brings us to -4atk. Yeah this is a big deal because with high speed that's as good as 8 damage per round of combat. However Tharja has Raourblade which means she can easily make up for that missing attack with any buffs from characters (which good characters of often have) and with potential to go much higher.

Doesn't help that Linde's got derpy character art. So I've been neglecting her while waiting to get a Tharja

champloo

I tried a team built around Tharja and she is quite strong. with buffs she could even ORKO some Robins. there are games she wipes entire team while my three other units sit around providing support.
but Linde just works on her own, while providing some crucial healing. I would put her in a tier above Tharja

Tommy DJ

Linde's main utility is that she one rounds most red swords, at range, without any setup required. Very useful if you're running a lineup with dragons.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I have a problem.

I spent $60 On This game today and only got trash T_T

rockx4

I have a problem.

I spent $60 On This game today and only got trash T_T

That's why I didnt want to buy any orbs lol. I have bad enough rng with free orbs.

I did rerolls for my second account on my ipad. Took me 2 days but I finally got a decent pull.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t6sozhU.png[/IMG]

Maxinas

That's why I didnt want to buy any orbs lol. I have bad enough rng with free orbs.

I did rerolls for my second account on my ipad. Took me 2 days but I finally got a decent pull.

Code:

No Linde, no Takumi, no Hector, no Azura, not even a 5 star robin. You should reroll.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
FemRobin in an hour thirty breh.

I've been waiting for this for weeks.

All I have is 5* Marth and Roy. Got them my first pull.

I've spent $100+ since then and cannot get a new 5*.

Code:

Fml...

rockx4

No Linde, no Takumi, no Hector, no Azura, not even a 5 star robin. You should reroll.

I was actually going for 5* Robin, Linde, and Azura, but I gave up after 2 days. The current one I got is great so far lol. I saw Linde, Hector individually like 5 times each, but they were surrounded by shitty 3*, usually a Bartre. Fuck that guy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While a lot of Tier Lists rate Ephraim somewhat low, he has been great in Arena for me. Murders Red Units and tanks a few good hits. Got +speed/-defense on him, which to me seems mediocre.

Roy is pretty lackluster though, just doesn't anything notable other than kill Camilla (Why do so many people run Camilla anyway?) My Roy got +Def/-Res. Also, he has 29 Def, when the Wiki says he should only have 28 max level with +Def.

Frederick is solid, I'm considering upgrading him from 4* to 5*, but 20k feathers is still a shit ton.

MANUELF

Banned
I was actually going for 5* Robin, Linde, and Azura, but I gave up after 2 days. The current one I got is great so far lol. I saw Linde, Hector individually like 5 times each, but they were surrounded by shitty 3*, usually a Bartre. Fuck that guy.

You were aiming too high, all three of them are blues and Linde and Azura are 5* only

Can I check that somehow?

I have a shit ton of 4* though.

You can check if you tap the summoning screen and then click [appearance rates]. The % is supposed to go up every time you do five pulls by 1/4 of a percent if you don't get a 5*.

No clue if there's a max though.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
You can check if you tap the summoning screen and then click [appearance rates]. The % is supposed to go up every time you do five pulls by 1/4 of a percent if you don't get a 5*.

I feel like this isn't true. My appearance rate for 5* has been 3.5% since my first pull.

Dragner

Max is 23 pulls without a 5* so 17% rate if Im not mistaken. Pull 24 will have 100% rate so you will have 5 5*.

Just pulled 5* Effie and holy shit she has 27 Str at BASE?!

One-Woman Army indeed.

Yeah, I got a three-star Effie a while ago and ignored her because tier lists. Then I started using her for the lance challenge, and holy cow. Why's she so low-tier?

Is Henry any good? He seems pretty tanky.

alcheim

Max is 23 pulls without a 5* so 17% rate if Im not mistaken. Pull 24 will have 100% rate so you will have 5 5*.

I suspect there's something shady with drop rates for the non-focus 5* characters. Like, I've been aiming for Hector, Azura, Ryoma since like the first week, and I've only ever gotten focus characters, or some common 5*s like Fae or Cordellia... sometimes even multiple ones of these.

Totakeke

Okay, then does blue really make Linde much better than Tharja?

Here's analysis of some popular characters.

Takumi: 40/46/33/25/18
Both take two hits to kill Takumi and both can do 2x attacks on Takumi, Linde takes 32 damage out of her 35hp which makes her a bit vulnerable to natures, but this is really a tie as a normal Tharja would need three buffs to let her one hit KO a Takumi. Linde does 31 damage per hit and Tharja does 27 unbuffed.
Tie

Hector: 52/52/24/37/19
Hector is green so naturally Tharja gets a huge advantage over Linde. Hector can actually OHKO Linde and Linde takes three hits to kill Hector. Tharja can take three hits from Hector while taking him out in two hits unbuffed. Linde just dies in one hit from Hector.
Tharja wins.

Robin: 40/40/29/29/22
Robin is blue so Linde has advantage. Linde does 27 damage to Robin while Tharja does 14, however if you give her a rally attack or hone attack buff, she will do 20 damage which kills Robin in two hits or one round of combat. Linde can also take three hits from Robin while Tharja can only take two.
Linde wins, but just one attack buff will allow Tharja to take out Robin in a single round

Lucina: 43/50/36/25/19
Lucina has high enough speed to only take one hit from both Linde and Tharja. Linde does 39 damage to Lucina but she can do a one hit KO if she gets an attack buff. Tharja does 26 damage and will kill Lucina in two hits. Both can take two hits from Lucina.
Tie, but just one attack buff will allow Linde to take out Lucina in one hit.

Azura: 36/43/36/21/28
Tharja loses as Azura is blue with high res. She only does 8 damage unbuffed and 14 damage buffed so she well need three buffed hits to KO Azura. Linde just needs two hits. Both can only do one hit per round as well. Both Tharja and Linde can take two hits from Azura.
Linde wins.

Young Tiki: 41/46/30/32/29
Linde does 29 damage to Tiki so she just needs one round of combat. Tharja does 16 damage unbuffed which takes three hits to kill, but if buffed with one attack buff, she does 24 damage so she just needs one round of combat as well.
Linde wins, but one attack buff will allow Tharja to take out Tiki in one round.

Ryoma: 41/50/35/27/21
Tharja can actually do 2x attacks on Ryoma while Linde can't. Linde does 37 damage unbuffed but with a single attack buff she can OHKO Ryoma. Tharja does 24 damage unbuffed but since she does make 2x attacks she will kill Ryoma in one round of combat while taking 30 damage (out of 39 HP) in return.
I'll just call this a tie.

I can go on and on, Tharja takes out Marth and Chrom as easily while one again one attack buff will let her take care of Lyn as easily. The other three characters on neutral that Tharja can double but Linde cannot include Sharena, Shanna and Selena.

So is Linde better given that red is a more common color? Yeah, definitely, but really Tharja takes out most characters fine as a glass cannon and she doesn't need buffs most of the time. She doesn't need the fourth hit to take out characters either so having lower speed on defense doesn't really affect her that much.

The list of characters that can give Tharja an attack buff include Olivia/Sharena/Nino/FCorrin/Elise/Lissa/Hana/Raigh/Gwendolyn/Serra so that's not difficult either. You don't really need a special team built around her because one attack buff would suffice. Having a ton more buffs doesn't really help her on the most common characters unless you really want to kill Takumi in one hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom