• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

I don't think I'll be able to get female Robin at 3*, but the 2* was pretty easy for me this time, compared with the struggle to get Narcian. I ended up upgrading the 2* version to 3* then and that's what I'll do with FRobin too. Happy I got her - at least Cecilia is no longer my only green mage. She is horrible. But not sure she's useful in my team.

That new banner - I mean, if anyone out there is a fan of any of these characters, good for them. Enjoy your 5* Fir.
I have 65 orbs saved up for the special Lyn banner however.

I fear I won't be able to complete the hard versions of the mastery quest. I spend too much time catching everyone up to a minimum level of 20 to actually level anyone high enough. My highest unit is Takumi at 37+. Level 40 will come eventually as he keeps soloing arena teams. To include Narcian for points in arena I had to drop Raven and Subaki (two flying units are crap once an archer pops up) and brought in Oboro with the armour slayer skill. It's alright, but Subaki with Sapphire Lance was something else. Can't wait for next season.
I usually bring Wrys as healer, and it's going well without a red unit mostly.
Two days ago I suddenly confronted a team with a Hector. I was scared for my win streak - when he was the last enemy unit standing, I took a shot at him with Takumi who was down to 12 HP... only to find out that this Hector didn't even have Distant Counter.
LOL
Why bother bringing him into an arena team like this?

Edit: Does anyone else here frequently use their MyNintendo points for stuff? Most of mine were about to expire anyway, so I just stocked up on growth crystals and blessings of light. It's actually neat.

New map was actually fairly easy for me with Chiki heading first into the choke point and having Lyn and Julia destroy the rest of the available units. Poor male Robin just stood there and looked pretty lol.

Mupod

I'm not opposed to 'B-lister' banners like this because this game isn't just about minmaxing for everyone. I'm sure there's somebody out there whose waifu is Fir or Hawkeye. Someday down the line when Ross or Marisa from Sacred Stones make it in I'd probably be more likely to try for them over a character I have no attachment to.

I'd like to finally get adult Tiki or Fir (to pair with Bartre for nostalgia) into the roster, so will try this banner as the orbs come in. First try wasted on a couple duplicate lackluster 3 stars like Henry. "Best" was a four star Laslow.

No Eirika or Ephraim yet either. I've gotten some good units but at this point I'll be amazed if I ever get one I aim for lol.

DrArchon

Woof, this new banner is rough. I'm not even talking about the focus heroes, the fact that they keep dropping the % chance of getting ANY 5 star units is awful.

Either they course correct this or I stop playing. I'm not earning nearly enough feathers to make up for not getting any more 5 stars.

Sushen

Are Caeda or Cecilia any good? I'm wondering if I should bother leveling them up for my second team.

My Caeda is 5* and Cecilia is 4*.

Robin fight took two tries. Used Effie to push Camilla into the middle and had her go down to take down Robin to avoid getting overwhelmed by everyone. Other units were Lv.40 Robin, and a 4* Chrom that maybe took a hit or two but was otherwise useless

Kuga

Those focus heroes are nothing I need, for sure. I'm not opposed to 'B-List' banners as long as we have multiple banners available. Family Bonds by itself was silly - we should always have options.

Robin(F)'s kit is way too specialized to be of much use. It's a shame, but I guess this continues the trend of mediocrity for the great hero battle units.

Dragner

Robin(F)'s kit is way too specialized to be of much use. It's a shame, but I guess this continues the trend of mediocrity for the great hero battle units.

Well, most gacha games are like this. Free units are almost always worst than gacha characters even at same rarity. FRobin doesnt seem crippled in stats but her kit is meh at best.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got the FRobin Hard map down, but it wasn't terribly easy. Easier than Narcian for sure, but my Nowi almost died tanking those first few hits.

Not sure how to feel about FRobin herself. Her kit seems weird and not that good right now because almost no one brings mounted units to arena anyway.

Kind of meh about the new banner too, but it's not like I'm getting a lot of orbs these days anyway. :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cordelia isn't too good, right? I have a team of B characters that doesn't help.

No, she's pretty good. If you believe in tiers and such, only 3 blue lances are ranked higher than her. I'm leveling her right now actually and like her quite a bit.

And I hope they come out with a challenge map that involves more than me moving Hector into agrro range and watching everything die.

redcrayon

Are Caeda or Cecilia any good? I'm wondering if I should bother leveling them up for my second team.

My Caeda is 5* and Cecilia is 4*.
Both of those I've been levelling up at 4*, with Caeda at level 30 and Cecilia at 40.

I've found Caeda's core problem is that she lacks the strength to really make use of her armourslayer, and lacks the defence to take the counterattack that then follows. Compared to various other flyers she's thus a collection of abilities that don't really synergise. She does work well as a buffer for stronger fliers though.

Cecilia works well as a cavalry Mage, she's fast and strong against blue and neutral units. I've only ever used her 'escape' teleport ability once though. It seems like a huge pile of skill points invested in something very situational (even when you are both a) wounded and b) want to flee, she's cavalry so can often do it by moving normally anyway!) where others have a more powerful skill instead.

Neither of them are the best in their colours and classes, but Cecelia at least is fast and strong against enough units that's she's rarely not useful.

redcrayon

Cordelia isn't too good, right? I have a team of B characters that doesn't help.
Cordelia is pretty good. She's a glass cannon- if you can keep her out of trouble she'll delete most red units in one round through a combination of Brave Lance and triangle attack. She's pretty fragile though, so rarely survives long after that, you need to kinda hold her back and use her on the same turn that you kill anything that threatens her.

Akuun

Suggestions to beat robin map? I need something like Effie or Hector to tank?

Someone said Kagero worked as a tank/counterattacker a page or two ago. Maybe go with her, since you have her at 5*.

I sent out Nowi with a resistance buff from Jakob. She survived the first round with like 5 hp lol.

Pejo

I'm having a hard time on that Robin Hard stage. I can get Young Tiki to survive that first round, but she gets eaten the second round no matter what I do. I guess I could try the Olivia dance thing to take out that green knight on the first round, but she's only level 1, so if anything even breathes on her, she's dead meat.

Can Camilla tank a full first round? I have been hearing she's good for this map. Mine's only 36 though.

redcrayon

I'm having a hard time on that Robin Hard stage. I can get Young Tiki to survive that first round, but she gets eaten the second round no matter what I do. I guess I could try the Olivia dance thing to take out that green knight on the first round, but she's only level 1, so if anything even breathes on her, she's dead meat.

Can Camilla tank a full first round? I have been hearing she's good for this map. Mine's only 36 though.
Mine can't at level 40+1, her stats are:
Attack 42
Speed 27
Defence 28
Res 31

She almost makes it but gets knocked out by the last attack.

Noaloha

I don't know if there's a Good Calculator that I'm missing or something, but I'm hoping that I'm doing something wrong because otherwise it seems like my Robin(M) is bad-bad-bad.

I have him at Lv40 currently, 4-star. I have been saving feathers to 5-star him (currently at 18.5k). I've done the thing where you go to Unlock Potential and it shows you the stats at Lv1 5-star. This shows:

HP: 19 (+ 1 from avg)
Atk: 13 (- 5 from avg !?)
Spd: 7 (avg)
Def: 7 (avg)
Res: 5 (avg)

If I'm using the calculator correctly, it looks like my Robin's nature is +HP but minus-minus-mega-minus attack?

Anyone offer some confirmation on a Shitty Robin or some other insight?

MANUELF

Banned

I tanked with Camilla, put her at the bottom left corner and she did an excellent job

Akuun

I don't know if there's a Good Calculator that I'm missing or something, but I'm hoping that I'm doing something wrong because otherwise it seems like my Robin(M) is bad-bad-bad.

I have him at Lv40 currently, 4-star. I have been saving feathers to 5-star him (currently at 18.5k). I've done the thing where you go to Unlock Potential and it shows you the stats at Lv1 5-star. This shows:

If I'm using the calculator correctly, it looks like my Robin's nature is +HP but minus-minus-mega-minus attack?

You may need to add his currently equipped weapon's attack on top of that stat.

But considering the other stats are average, your Robin may be + HP - atk. Not mega-minus but just minus.

MANUELF

Banned

You forgot to add his new weapon attack, anyway your Robin is +HP -ATK

Im sorry

Sushen

No, she's pretty good. If you believe in tiers and such, only 3 blue lances are ranked higher than her. I'm leveling her right now actually and like her quite a bit.

And I hope they come out with a challenge map that involves more than me moving Hector into agrro range and watching everything die.
Could you tell me how to use her properly? I want to use her.

Noaloha

You forgot to add his new weapon attack, anyway your Robin is +HP -ATK

Im sorry
You may need to add his currently equipped weapon's attack on top of that stat.

But considering the other stats are average, your Robin may be + HP - atk. Not mega-minus but just minus.
Oh, shit of course, he gets access to Blarraven+ at 11might over 7. So it is actually +1, -1 spread. Got it. Thanks.

Also, :(

Gotta consider my feathers' worth now.

Got a 4* Effie that is +atk/-spd. Her speed is always going to be terrible so I guess that's ok? Seems she has an ability that prevents follow up attacks anyway.

She's my first tank. So that's exciting.

Dragner

Got a 4* Effie that is +atk/-spd. Her speed is always going to be terrible so I guess that's ok? Seems she has an ability that prevents follow up attacks anyway.

Yeah -SPD on effie is fine. One of the best for her since she is going to get doubled anyway.

emag

I don't have any characters that can take two hits, regardless of color/weapon, on the Hard FRobin map. My closest successes have been using Nino to ping the axe user, then using Olivia to give her another turn, with which she pulls Oliva (and herself) out of danger. Once the enemies start moving in, I can do use a similar tactic the next round to finish off the axe user. After that, things get rough as everyone. I'm pretty sure I can get it done with another try and some planning of movement though.

I have no 5* or level 40ish characters except for MRobin and Raven, though, and neither is particularly helpful on this map.

Not a full first round, but you don't want her tanking lots of things anyway. Do you have anyone that can push/shove?

Akuun

Effie is super strong, and works as a catapult for other units if you don't see a way to get her into range in time.

I have an Effie that's +atk and -def. Not sure if it's worth leveling her up or promoting her. She hits like a goddamn truck but it's funny when Selena is tankier than she is.

Someone said Kagero worked as a tank/counterattacker a page or two ago. Maybe go with her, since you have her at 5*.

I sent out Nowi with a resistance buff from Jakob. She survived the first round with like 5 hp lol.

The issue with that is Kagero would be taking 3 hits.

Noaloha

So, with a view to being optimal with feathers and before I throw 20,000 of them at a Robin, I wonder if any armchair team theorists have opinions on what they'd rather spend those feathers on given the following stable:

fireemblemroster1w9y4a.jpg

Camilla is -HP/+ATK
Marth is -HP/+ATK
Kagero is -DEF/+ATK

Any good teams/synergies you can see here outside of my current Marth/Camila/Kagero/Robin?

Given that my 4-star Robin is -ATK/+HP, do you see a better use for those feathers?

(For what it might be worth, I'm happy enough just being able to mess around in Arena at advanced for the challenge; I absolutely don't care about maxing out rating stats to get into the high score rankings.)

Effie is super strong, and works as a catapult for other units if you don't see a way to get her into range in time.

I have an Effie that's +atk and -def. Not sure if it's worth leveling her up or promoting her. She hits like a goddamn truck but it's funny when Selena is tankier than she is.

She is crazy strong, like holy crap. Also I love that she can boot someone over impassable terrain. May end up with a final team of Effie, M Robin, Camilla, Roy or Olivia.

Totakeke

So, with a view to being optimal with feathers and before I throw 20,000 of them at a Robin, I wonder if any armchair team theorists have opinions on what they'd rather spend those feathers on given the following stable:

fireemblemroster1w9y4a.jpg

Camilla is -HP/+ATK
Marth is -HP/+ATK
Kagero is -DEF/+ATK

Any good teams/synergies you can see here outside of my current Marth/Camila/Kagero/Robin?

Given that my 4-star Robin is -ATK/+HP, do you see a better use for those feathers?

(For what it might be worth, I'm happy enough just being able to mess around in Arena at advanced for the challenge; I absolutely don't care about maxing out rating stats to get into the high score rankings.)

Well, your team is pretty offensive, and you obviously lack magic, and Kagero already takes care of Takumi for you, plus two of your characters really benefit a lot from attack buffs, I'd say Nino but check the natures of all your magic attackers (including Tiki) before deciding.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
First pull from the banner this week. Think I'm set.

Yeh you got the 2 better focus characters in that set both at 5*. Anyways, got 2* and 3* FRobin from the grand hero map.

Was much easier this time. +ATK Takumi + Rally Attack OHKOs the generic mages, and I was able to stab FRobin in the side with Sharena so that Takumi could kill her w/o taking damage. Olivia ironically was the bait when refreshing Takumi in the first round, and she actually survives an attack from Robin & the red mage with 6 HP left. The rest was pretty easy after Blue Axe went after Sharena, who easily could take him.

muu

I'm holding off on this pull, but I'm definitely leveling the 4* old Tiki I have to 40. Seeing as she's part of a focus banner she'd better be a featured arena hero next week.

Pejo

I don't have any characters that can take two hits, regardless of color/weapon, on the Hard FRobin map. My closest successes have been using Nino to ping the axe user, then using Olivia to give her another turn, with which she pulls Oliva (and herself) out of danger. Once the enemies start moving in, I can do use a similar tactic the next round to finish off the axe user. After that, things get rough as everyone. I'm pretty sure I can get it done with another try and some planning of movement though.

I have no 5* or level 40ish characters except for MRobin and Raven, though, and neither is particularly helpful on this map.

I might have to try your Nino/Olivia tactic. I have Jeorge and Takumi at 5* level 40 that could snipe a fair number of those enemies, i'd imagine. I just have to wach Nino/Olivia getting KO'd.

Not a full first round, but you don't want her tanking lots of things anyway. Do you have anyone that can push/shove?

I have Nino and Gordin with pull and shove, and I have Olivia with dance. None of them are level 40 though, so i worry about one of those mages one shotting them.

I might try olivia with takumi to take out a few units up front, and a different unit to absorb some attacks, like Tiki.

Mupod

As someone unfamiliar with games like this, do sales ever happen? Obviously not likely in the first month of release, of course.

Solo 5* Nino destroyed the RobinF map. It looks like I made the right choice with who to promote first.

since Robin-F was no good Nino has shot up to the top of my list. Mine's only 3*, but is +atk -res which seems like it'd be pretty good.

I'd really like an Eirika to go along with her but considering I'll only have 9 orbs by Sunday, chances are slim.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, how bad is an Ephraim with -Atk, +HP? His attack is pretty massive anyways, so I figure he's somewhat worse, but still has the same problems (spd) anyways?

fek

As someone unfamiliar with games like this, do sales ever happen? Obviously not likely in the first month of release, of course.
Not exactly sales but after a while similar games have a one time purchase "beginner pack" that guarantees a 5* character and some extra stuff like gold, a few orbs, etc. That's usually the best deal we get.

Not exactly sales but after a while similar games have a one time purchase "beginner pack" that guarantees a 5* character and some extra stuff like gold, a few orbs, etc. That's usually the best deal we get.

Dokkan battle, another huge gacha game has had sales on its currency a few times, it does happen.

Since the Siblings will show up in future banners, I'm just waiting until these ones go down. I satisfied with having just Julia. Battling Robin is a joke!

I have 25 Orbs now, and spending them now would probably be a waste. I'm doing fine in the Arena, so there is no need to pull now. My offense and defense is slightly better than last season, so I will end up in the 10000-30000 bracket again.

I would still appreciate a better colorless attacker and a 5* Lance user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom