• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

"Game, I just want Tiki, come on."

E4vXNnU.jpg

Gave the 3* first, but I wasn't about to let a Red Orb stay on the table.

Mupod

What the shit. 3*, level 40 Narcian has better stats than 4* Camilla. Much more useful too seeing as his axe actually damages blue units.

Fake edit: Oh what the fuck, equipping a brave axe lowers the unit's rating by a LOT due to the -spd and lower damage. That's silly. Does it actually affect your arena score...?

Totakeke

What the shit. 3*, level 40 Narcian has better stats than 4* Camilla. Much more useful too seeing as his axe actually damages blue units.

Fake edit: Oh what the fuck, equipping a brave axe lowers the unit's rating by a LOT due to the -spd and lower damage. That's silly. Does it actually affect your arena score...?

It's -5spd, and yes.

Watch as the next set of bonus units turn out to be Fir,Tiki, Hawkeye, Female Robin, and Maria.

As we all know the bonus characters are just a way to coerce people to roll more to get that arena rank.

Zafir

Watch as the next set of bonus units turn out to be Fir,Tiki, Hawkeye, Female Robin, and Maria.

As we all know the bonus characters are just a way to coerce people to roll more to get that arena rank.

Pretty much, but it's not the first game to do it, and won't be the last. Sadly.

Zafir

so im still in dire need of a green hero

what ya guys think probably should wait for better banners?

Yeah.

Greens in a tricky position at the moment really.

There isn't many of them, and even then a good proportion of them are flying. Flying is too easily countered with how popular Takumi is.

Hawkeye is on the current banner but I don't think he's fantastic unless he improves drastically at 5*. (I own the 4* ver of him).

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Yeah.

Greens in a tricky position at the moment really.

There isn't many of them, and even then a good proportion of them are flying. Flying is too easily countered with how popular Takumi is.

Hawkeye is on the current banner but I don't think he's fantastic unless he improves drastically at 5*. (I own the 4* ver of him).

Honestly the most common green right now that's good is probably Anna. She has good stats, Vantage 3, and essentially Escape Route in her axe when she hits 5*s. I've found Gunter at 4* to be a decent phys tank (at 30 DEF right now) and has decent attack, but he gets slaughtered by mages. Otherwise, it's looking like Hector, Nino and Julia are worth it. Camilla is iffy thanks to archers and being a glass cannon with not the greatest attack.

Well, I got 3,914 in Arena with my main team + lvl 6 2* Narcian with a perfect run. I guess I could level him up more but I'm too lazy :p. We'll see what rank that puts me at. Last week I think 3900 almost got me into 100K, so this probably would given the slightly weaker week.

Gotchaye

Anna is actually really good. Not wonderful against Effie because she's reliant on her Spd, and obviously she's physical damage so if you're really just looking for a green mage she doesn't work, but she's got a really solid stat distribution with great skills.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm sort of holding off on pulling until more 3*/4* units are added. Surely they will add a bunch more units at some point.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm not sure who I want to try to get anymore. I'm pretty happy with my team, though no one is a bonus character this season.

I'm currently running Jakob - Lucina - Nowi - Olivia, and I feel like the team works well towards a slow burning play style that takes advantage of defensive buffs and regeneration.

Jakob and Nowi respectively have rally def and rally resistance, which is good for buffing and placing someone strong as bait. I usually use Jakob or Nowi for this, then follow up when it's my turn with either Olivia dancing someone or just going in with Lucina. For strong melee units I can hit and run with Jakob+Olivia, which takes advantage of Jakob's regeneration. Armored units like Effie and Hector can be kited so that Lucina + Jakob can regen before I take them down. My team usually doesn't oneshot people, but Jakob and Olivia do a great job of helping Nowi/Lucina get kills.

I've been able to beat most teams I've fought this way, though I think I may be weak to very aggressive teams on cramped maps, since my team seems to work based on resilience/winning by attrition rather than by crushing people.

The only thing I might replace is changing Olivia for Azura, since a hard-hitting blue might be nice. Maaayybe change Jakob for a powerful ranged damage nuke, but I'm surprised at Jakob usefulness. His kit didn't seem that good on paper, but he always has something to contribute.

Definitely. Orbs are in short supply, and none of the current green heroes are worth the risk imo, even though I think Julia is pretty good.

To be fair the best Green physical Hector will always be a long shot. And if you want Nino you'll have to cough up 20k feathers and Camilla isn't bad on offense where you can keep her from Takumi. Julia is pretty nice but I miss out on a bunch of ORKOs (Robin, Tiki) because I don't have a+atk nature which is aggravating.

But yeah overall Greens aren't doing so well.

so im still in dire need of a green hero

what ya guys think probably should wait for better banners?

I'd wait unless you had a dying need for Hector/Nino/Julia like I did.

Once I discovered that she was actually a very good third member for my Robin/Chiki/[Abel/Lyn/Kagero] team I decided I would go full whale for her. Luckily I got her within a few pulls, maybe 20 orbs?, through targeted sniping.

I'm not sure who I want to try to get anymore. I'm pretty happy with my team, though no one is a bonus character this season.

I'm currently running Jakob - Lucina - Nowi - Olivia, and I feel like the team works well towards a slow burning play style that takes advantage of defensive buffs and regeneration.

Jakob and Nowi respectively have rally def and rally resistance, which is good for buffing and placing someone strong as bait. I usually use Jakob or Nowi for this, then follow up when it's my turn with either Olivia dancing someone or just going in with Lucina. For strong melee units I can hit and run with Jakob+Olivia, which takes advantage of Jakob's regeneration. Armored units like Effie and Hector can be kited so that Lucina + Jakob can regen before I take them down. My team usually doesn't oneshot people, but Jakob and Olivia do a great job of helping Nowi/Lucina get kills.

I've been able to beat most teams I've fought this way, though I think I may be weak to very aggressive teams on cramped maps, since my team seems to work based on resilience/winning by attrition rather than by crushing people.

The only thing I might replace is changing Olivia for Azura, since a hard-hitting blue might be nice. Maaayybe change Jakob for a powerful ranged damage nuke, but I'm surprised at Jakob usefulness. His kit didn't seem that good on paper, but he always has something to contribute.

Jakob being able to debuff defense and resistance at range is really nice. There are some great utility characters that make you wish your team could be 5 characters. Like Azama for instance would be a really cool fifth character.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To be fair the best Green physical Hector will always be a long shot. And if you want Nino you'll have to cough up 20k feathers and Camilla isn't bad on offense where you can keep her from Takumi. Julia is pretty nice but I miss out on a bunch of ORKOs (Robin, Tiki) because I don't have a+atk nature which is aggravating.

But yeah overall Greens aren't doing so well.

Camilla will have her day. I think she's a very good unit that is only hindered by the current meta, but metas shift each week...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Jakob being able to debuff defense and resistance at range is really nice. There are some great utility characters that make you wish your team could be 5 characters. Like Azama for instance would be a really cool fifth character.
He really is. He's the reason I no longer fear Takumis, Falchion users, multiple dragons, armored units, and (to a lesser extent) Robin.

Takumi: Jakob + Nowi's Rally Defense to bait and counterattack, then either send in someone to finish him off, or just back off and continue the fight, since the regen makes retreats work in my favor.

Falchion users: This used to scare me because Lucina mirror matches usually hurt my Lucina too much to have her fight more for at least another few turns. Now, Jakob can hit at range 2x with Dance, or hit once + dance to retreat. 2x Jakob hits outright kills middle-level reds because he benefits from his own debuffs. And I can always send in someone stronger to finish off.

Multiple dragons: Jakob takes some of the dragon-killing load away from Lucina because he can rally resistance on Nowi to get her to bait/kill other dragons without taking too much damage in return. Fae is totally Lucina's job, though.

Armored units: Jakob + Olivia can kite and/or soften Effie. Alone, Jakob can also take a melee hit from Effie if necessary, then run away to regen. Hector will counterattack Jakob to death though, but Lucina can kill him in a straight fight as long as she's at full health.

MRobin: Robin's strong against Jakob, but his counterattack doesn't actually oneshot him, so the debuff > strong melee combo still works. Kind of a soft counter, but still better than Camilla because at least Jakob can regen the counter damage.

Zafir

The fuck?

One of my units was level 34 when I shut the game earlier today, after I used some pots leveling my second team. I've come back and now they're Level 27. The other units have also lost some levels as well.

What the actual fuck?

Cerium

Anna is actually really good. Not wonderful against Effie because she's reliant on her Spd, and obviously she's physical damage so if you're really just looking for a green mage she doesn't work, but she's got a really solid stat distribution with great skills.

Yeah I got tired of waiting and am now working on my Anna.

The fuck?

One of my units was level 34 when I shut the game earlier today, after I used some pots leveling my second team. I've come back and now they're Level 27. The other units have also lost some levels as well.

What the actual fuck?
That sounds bizarre. Are the pots still gone?

Zafir

Yeah I got tired of waiting and am now working on my Anna.

That sounds bizarre. Are the pots still gone?

Sadly I don't remember what I was at before.

My stamina certainly isn't full though. When that unit was level 27, it was long enough ago that I should be at full stamina now, and I'm not. Instead it seems like I've still got the stamina I had when I last shut the game + any accrued from time past.

4354 in the arena is what it is going to have to be I suppose, only had one character die once. Cracked top 10,000 but I know that is not going to last. So long as I can get at least 1,500 feathers for rank.

Alucrid

Banned
so this is what i'm working with right now

fbYYlM6l.jpg

not sure how well this works since three of them all have the same +attack buffs and i'm not sure how much use nino gets out of that. ideally i would probably want azura instead of olivia though

McNum

I feel like I need to highlight an amusing little synergy after that post. Sharena and Nino are BFFs.

If Sharena and Nino start their turn side by side, the following happens. Nino's Def is boosted +4. Rally Attack boosts Nino's Atk +4. The sum of bonuses is added to her damage, which is +8. Nino's already considerable damage output gets boosted by 12 per attack (!) by teaming up with Sharena. Now if you have a dancer to allow Nino to attack twice, you can often remove some stubborn enemy units from the board like that. I like to do it to Lucina and Marth. Roy is tougher. Probably better to just send Sharena after him. And Ryoma is a no-go. He can hit back.

Mupod

I'd like to try a Caeda, Sharena and Nino buff squad someday. If I manage to find Eirika I'll definitely be raising my Nino to 5* next week.

Pejo

Hell yea! Beat the Hard Robin stage.

With only 2 characters, lol

I accidentally picked some alt team I had been playing with, and here's what happened.

Team:
-40 Lucina
-40 Takumi
-1 Peri
-20 something Sakura

Moved Lucina in front, spot right before hitting the danger zone, Takumi behind her.

First move moved Lucina up to the right. Takumi forward 2 spots.

Computer suicided itself with Robin, red mage, and the green axe guy, blue mage got some damage on Lucina, but she survived with 6 hp,

Second round, Takumi finished off the blue lancer, and lucina finished off blue mage.

I can't believe it was really that easy and i did it by accident.

I don't really even care about the 3* Robin, it just annoyed me that I wasted so much stamina on that and didn't beat it. Now my mind is at rest.

Choke points by design are still bullshit though.

Cerium

so this is what i'm working with right now

fbYYlM6l.jpg

not sure how well this works since three of them all have the same +attack buffs and i'm not sure how much use nino gets out of that. ideally i would probably want azura instead of olivia though

If you don't mind spending the feathers, promote Sharena to 5* and you'll have a nicely balanced team with lots of buffs and big numbers.

scy

I have a 5★ Hawkeye as my only decent ★'d green unit. I'm probably just going to promote up Anna if I want an Axe user that badly. His statline wants him to be a reasonably strong anti-mage bruiser-y unit but his avg. 22 SPD means he gets pounded by most Swords by virtue of speed and typing but he also still has issues him with Linde dealing 60%+ of his HP; he often feels like a liability in Arena. I guess he's decent vs M.Robin? Ultimately it's hard to get him to do his job and I really wish his ability AoE shape wasn't so awkward; maybe if I had better ways to catapult him around via Shove or if healers were more valuable then he'd have a better place in Arena?

On that note, across two accounts now I have pulled zero Green casters so middling F.Robin is still being eyed as a 4★ for the sake of coverage + PvE stuff has a greater fondness for cavalry and blue mages. Or sacrifices to the RNG gods for green mages to appear.

Zafir

I noticed google signed me out of my account on mobile, or at least I got an notifcation a bit after asking me to sign in again. (No idea why this happened, I can't find anything unusual in my account)

I'm wondering if this is related to the rollback that occurred. Doesn't excuse it mind you, the game should be doing updates to the server every single time you finish a mission to tell the game "Oh by the way, this player finished mission x and their characters are now z,y,a and b." When you log in again it should have those updates. :|

McNum

sharena in place of nino?
No. Nino is the whole reason to run a buff heavy team. Read her weapon stats. All buffs, no matter what kind, get added as damage. Except for Atk, it gets added twice. +4 anything is +4 damage. +4 Atk is +8 damage.

She is easily one of the units who benefits the most from being buffed. In theory you could make her do 20 additional damage if you manage to +4 all her stats. (+Atk, +Spd, +Def, and +Res) Realistically 12-16 is probably as good as it gets with Sharena and someone else buffing another stat. Eirika would be amazing for that. Nino would love +Spd.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No. Nino is the whole reason to run a buff heavy team. Read her weapon stats. All buffs, no matter what kind, get added as damage. Except for Atk, it gets added twice. +4 anything is +4 damage. +4 Atk is +8 damage.

She is easily one of the units who benefits the most from being buffed. In theory you could make her do 20 additional damage if you manage to +4 all her stats. (+Atk, +Spd, +Def, and +Res) Realistically 12-16 is probably as good as it gets with Sharena and someone else buffing another stat. Eirika would be amazing for that. Nino would love +Spd.

What

I had no idea

That's pretty crazy. I run a buff heavy team with Sharena. Seems I need Nino.

Alucrid

Banned

I would replace Olivia actually.

Ah okay, thanks. I'll give that a go then

Sterok

How is Fae? I'm considering replacing Camilla with her, as she struggles to do her job of picking off Blues, especially Robin. Fae hits Resistance, which Robin has less of, and she has nice supportive skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom