• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

Azura and Linde made this new challenge too easy... My other units didnt even move while Azura danced and Linde one shotted everyone

Cerium

I had Tiki tank the first hit. Cordelia's flight and Takumi's range made the rest very easy.

Narcian was a real challenge, this one not so much.

ggx2ac

Level 40+1 Eirika is nice, added +1 to speed, it's now 39 Speed.

I still have a lack of spare Ninos for merging while... I have enough Female Corrins to get a level 40+6 version that would have 182 rating, if I had 120k feathers.

I've been using my 52 Atk Up 4* Effie in the arena to test her out. She's great at taking out red units in one hit, she was just short of 1 Atk to kill a Lucina though. At least that means if I promoted her to 5*, she'd have 58 Atk or 62 Atk when buffed and 68 Atk when buffed and using death blow.

She would easily destroy any Red Lord however, she definitely has difficulty against Ephraim due to his skills.

The other thing is that even though her mobility is bad, smite has helped cover for it when I needed to shove a unit out of the way or towards an enemy by 2 spaces. Although, that is not always helpful with cramped maps.
It really is a big weakness for her, she's really strong but I would have to then use a unit like Selena to try to cover up for that weakness using Reposition or Subaki with Swap.

So, I will probably end up promoting Sharena to 5* because her 177 rating is good enough even though it's lower than Effie.

However, it's becoming hard to ignore Female Corrin. Technically there's only one Sharena while I can get a level 50 female Corrin easily at the rate I've been summoning them.

_Legacy_

I'm surprised by the ease of the Robin hard map. I did it with Takumi, Serra, Olivia and Lucina. Serra tanked all the mage aggro whilst Takumi one shot them all down with Lucina finishing off Robin and the blue lancer. Olivia strictly there to dance. Did it on my 3rd attempt. Much easier than Narcian hard imo

Zafir

Sigh, pulled on the old banner instead of the new since I had all the new banner characters in 3* or 4* format, plus I had % built up. Now I'm up to 9% on the old banner. :/ Don't think I'll get enough orbs to even take advantage of that.

Dragner

Sigh, pulled on the old banner instead of the new since I had all the new banner characters in 3* or 4* format, plus I had % built up. Now I'm up to 9% on the old banner. :/ Don't think I'll get enough orbs to even take advantage of that.

Wow thats savage. Thats 60 summons without a 5*. I would ragequit if something like that happens to me.

Sheentak

How many feathers does it cost to turn a 3star into a 4star?

Basically I want to upgrade female Robin all the way to 5* but only got 22k feathers

OVDRobo

Man. That new banner...

Managed to destroy both versions of F. Robin on the first try. I just moved my 5* Beruka into the choke point where she proceeded to take 4 or 5 attacks before almost dying, taking a couple of mages with her. After that, I just moved her back and had Lucina and Raven mop up while Robin nuked from the other side of the chokepoint wall whenever possible.

Not really enjoying the fact that the games idea of tactical battles so far seems to be 'here's a chokepoint that you can't circumvent where you're going to get ganged up on by all the enemies on the field once you enter. Everyone needs to survive'
Guess there's only so much you can do with this map size, though.

The one upside to the new banner is that I really want to pull a Hinoka and since it doesn't have a blue focus unit, there's no one muddying up my odds if I pull on that one.

ggx2ac

How many feathers does it cost to turn a 3star into a 4star?

Basically I want to upgrade female Robin all the way to 5* but only got 22k feathers

You have the exact amount needed...

3* to 4* is 20 green badges and 2000 feathers.

4* to 5* is 20 green great badges and 20000 feathers.

Calm Mind

I really wish the feather amount for 5 stars was much lower. That and more daggers and stamina returned by half for successfully done quests.

Sterok

Camilla and +Res Eirika saved the day. Eirika tanked all the makes with ease, though her garbage attack meant she couldn't one round the axe fighter. She pulled back to the choke point where the axe fighter suicided on her while laughing off Robin again. Eirika retreated while Camilla blicked Robin with Olivia's help. Lance Fighter attacked Camilla while Red Mage hit Lucina for some reason (she did nothing else). Thanks to Olivia Camilla cleaned up Lance Fighter and Red Mage. Blue Mage could do nothing as Camilla finished him off next turn.

Golnei

I really wish the feather amount for 5 stars was much lower. That and more daggers and stamina returned by half for successfully done quests.

Having merged characters reduce the feather requirement by 15 to 20% more compared to the amount of feathers you would ordinarily get by just exiling a character, as well as the previously mentioned idea of reducing promotion costs after level 30; would help a fair bit, as well as provide an incentive to invest more time in individual characters.

ggx2ac

If you dont own linde he is the next best blue mage, is tanky and counters well takumi if you have problems with him.

He is talking about Female Robin.

Having merged characters reduce the feather requirement by 15 to 20% more compared to the amount of feathers you would ordinarily get by just exiling a character, as well as the previously mentioned idea of reducing promotion costs after level 30; would help a fair bit, as well as provide an incentive to invest more time in individual characters.

It's not that great. Merging units reduces feather cost by the same amount as sending a unit home of the same rarity.

The best thing I would have preferred is that it would have reduced the feather cost by half each time. That sounds fair, I am losing a unit by merging that the +1 level up will not transfer over upon promotion.

So I'd rather have the cost reduced by a lot from merging because it's not really worth merging lower rarity units at the moment since I'd rather just save it to make both units 5* to merge at 5* for better stats.

Caim

Hard mode Robin mission wasn't as bad as I thought.

Had my Marth bait everyone back into the starting point and finished them off 1 by 1.

Mupod

Robin-F seems to have the same stats as the male version but 1 less damage on her weapon and way worse skills. Oh well.

Zafir

Wow thats savage. Thats 60 summons without a 5*. I would ragequit if something like that happens to me.

Just annoying because I wanted a decent arena banner character.

This week I'm forced to use a level 1 4* Odin (or a level 1 2* Narcian) just for the bonus points. Without a bonus character I got shit points.

I mean I could level Odin up I guess, but it just takes so bloody long, and I have better units I want to be levelling. Especially with how the Arena units changes every week anyway...

Mupod

are you actually at 9% or are you at 4.5+4.5? Just curious if anyone has actually beaten my streak of shit luck (5.5). Because 9 would be insane. I'm at 3.5 on the current banner and will have 9 orbs before it resets...

But yeah I dunno if I'd bother with Odin but leveling Narcian was a breeze with level 40s and Olivia babysitting. I went into advanced arena with him at 3* level 35, and popped out the other end with a 7 streak and him at 38. He's arguably more useful than my 4* Camilla who can't even damage blue units that aren't mages.

ggx2ac

Ahh screw it.

I know I said I'm not using Female Corrin in arena currently because there's too many Wyrmslayers however, it's already been stated by others that the red Wyrmslayers aren't that difficult.

Only Julia is a real threat although, she easily gets killed by my Nino due to her low speed.

So it looks like I'll just stick with Female Corrin to upgrade further in level for arena as opposed to getting a 5* Sharena.

I checked the team average ratings and there is only a 1 point difference. The fact that I can get female Corrin to exceed Sharena in rating by merging units means she'll easily catch up.

Here am I now getting my spares leveled up to 20.

C5WTWywUcAEU02J.jpg

My current 5* Female Corrin is HP up, Res down. I am assuming Speed up, Res down will be the best type to use although I haven't obtained one yet. Hopefully I'll get one later on, we already know that merging a 5* with +x levels to a 5* unit with no +x levels will transfer over the +x levels which is good.

Zafir

are you actually at 9% or are you at 4.5+4.5? Just curious if anyone has actually beaten my streak of shit luck (5.5). Because 9 would be insane. I'm at 3.5 on the current banner and will have 9 orbs before it resets...

But yeah I dunno if I'd bother with Odin but leveling Narcian was a breeze with level 40s and Olivia babysitting. I went into advanced arena with him at 3* level 35, and popped out the other end with a 7 streak and him at 38. He's arguably more useful than my 4* Camilla who can't even damage blue units that aren't mages.

4.5+4.5. So yeah, you're still in the lead for most unlucky person. :D

In calculation is actually means 30 pulls I did which is no where near as bad. I guess I should probably say the + version else everyone gets confused. :p

ggx2ac

Which units are considered anti-mage?

Anything that has Warding Blow or Defiant Res is usually a mage killer.

Kagero and Niles are the first ones that come to mind. I'd use them, it's just annoying that their ratings are below the 170 level. Especially Kagero with 153.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can someone explain to me how the mechanics of the third skill (purple icon) work? When are those abilities triggered? What does the number next to the icon mean?

ggx2ac

Can someone explain to me how the mechanics of the third skill (purple icon) work? When are those abilities triggered? What does the number next to the icon mean?

It ticks down every time you attack or get hit in combat.

Once the cooldown is done, it will trigger based on its description.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It ticks down every time you attack or get hit in combat.

Once the cooldown is done, it will trigger based on its description.

Ah wow, I never even noticed the number next to the hero ticking down. I'm a dumbass.

Mupod

It took me two tries to do the hard mode map because I didn't read that I needed to keep everyone alive...

But yeah, Lyn was able to tank the initial hits with ease. Took out what she could and got out with Galeforce. My own Robin danced through the remainder. Camilla stood in a corner and did nothing, as Camilla usually does.

Shame about Robin's skill set as I need a replacement green badly. Eyeing my 3* +atk -res Nino now. Probably best to wait on spending feathers because we've got new quests and orbs and a presumably new banner for March.

ggx2ac

This new banner looks absolutely terrible. It's just old units right?

Yes, and it sucked that it gave me a 4* Tiki when I wanted the 5* version.

Otherwise, as mentioned. This is giving a 5* version of adult Tiki available which wasn't before. I don't know if Fir didn't have one available.

I know the others already do.

Skii

Yes, and it sucked that it gave me a 4* Tiki when I wanted the 5* version.

Otherwise, as mentioned. This is giving a 5* version of adult Tiki available which wasn't before. I don't know if Fir didn't have one available.

I know the others already do.

So you can now evolve your current adult Tiki to 5 star?

Mupod

This is why I have to ignore stuff like this. Otherwise I'm going to do 50 pulls to get something when others have managed to get a 5* with 1.

I'll save my orbs for new characters on the next banner.

I keep seeing how this game works for everybody else and come to the conclusion that my luck has to average out eventually. Then I put in more orbs and I don't know what I expected. gif

On the other hand me being kind of the bottom feeder of arena, struggling to get anywhere, is probably more interesting than rolling through a 7 streak with god units and then having nothing to do for the week. I've got TONS of 4* units who could end up being bonus characters in any given week so I've got at least some incentive to level them. After seeing what I was able to pull off with my 3* Narcian I'm thinking I should take another look at leveling some of my lower units with the ruby/emerald/sapphire weapons just to use as situational counters.

This is why I have to ignore stuff like this. Otherwise I'm going to do 50 pulls to get something when others have managed to get a 5* with 1.

I'll save my orbs for new characters on the next banner.

my last 3 pulls last week were all trash, first good one in a while :3

I checked Maria's stats and shes a high atk low def which is not very good for a healer.

OceanBlue

Did banner pull , got trash other then 4 atar catria , is she better then sharena?
She's better at taking less damage against red in my experience. If you're commonly fighting teams with two red (Lucina and Ryoma for example) that you need someone to tank, she might be a better pick if you don't mind less points.
On the other hand me being kind of the bottom feeder of arena, struggling to get anywhere, is probably more interesting than rolling through a 7 streak with god units and then having nothing to do for the week. I've got TONS of 4* units who could end up being bonus characters in any given week so I've got at least some incentive to level them. After seeing what I was able to pull off with my 3* Narcian I'm thinking I should take another look at leveling some of my lower units with the ruby/emerald/sapphire weapons just to use as situational counters.
I'm using a 4* team of adult Tiki, Narcian, Sully, and Kagerou and it's working out pretty well. Sapphire Lance is pretty strong lol.

Dragner

Well. I cant play with my arena team. I have to use worst units on purpose to not face ultrawhale teams. Because matchmaking thinks that having hector makes me able of taking a team with 30+ extra level combined.

Suggestions to beat robin map? I need something like Effie or Hector to tank? Both are only at level 20

Team one:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TAkumi lvl 40
Kagero lvl 40
hinoka lvl 40
🌟🌟🌟🌟
Adult Tiki lvl 34

Others;
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Eirika lvl 26
Marth lvl 20
Hector lvl 20
Epharim lvl 20

🌟🌟🌟🌟
Effie lvl 22
Camilla lvl 22
Olivia lvl 14

🌟🌟🌟
Robin lvl 20
Nino lvl 20

Zafir

That's more than 60. 60 is 4.25-4.5% I think

Well as I said in the later post I did mean 4.5%+4.5%

I don't remember how many pulls I've done since my last 5* since it's been over a period. I calculated it at 30 pulls though. 0.25% for every 5 pull, 1.5/0.25 = 6. 6x5 = 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom