• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Are people really avoiding the current banner cos the 5* focus characters aren't great?

The focus means they're more likely to appear than other 5* right?

Like all the SS characters can still be pulled from any banner right?

Still don't have a takumi or hector ☹️

Cerium

Are people really avoiding the current banner cos the 5* focus characters aren't great?

The focus means they're more likely to appear than other 5* right?

Like all the SS characters can still be pulled from any banner right?

Still don't have a takumi or hector ☹️

Yes but your odds of landing them are tiny right now.

Better to aim for Eirika or Ephraim or Julia who are all very viable in the meta.

Yaari

IMG_1985.PNG

So this is my second Nino, I had another one that was -ATK +SPEED, I'm just wondering if this one will be a better option. I want to run her with the Shareena/Azura/Eirika team.

This one appears to be +ATK and -DEF

Ninja Dom

When or where do you collect your Feather rewards for winning in the Arena? Do you have to wait until the end of the season?

Also, what difference does Speed make?

Scum

Alright, lads & ladies. Two questions.

1. What's all this +ATK -SPD thingy you're all talking about, and...
2. Any tips & tricks for levelling up my chars? I'm having trouble getting Azura (currently @ lvl 38) anywhere. ;_;

MrDaravon

Another 5-pull got me only two 4*s, one of them being Arthur who appears to be garbage :(. The other 4* I got was Wrys who at least is finally my first healer, but skimming tier lists he seems pretty well regarded?

Continuing to mess around with the game a bit, mostly just burning a stamina bar on training tower then the next time I play I push through story content and so on. I still only have 1 5* (Julia) but I had a few solid 4* characters now (Abel, Camilla, adult Tiki, and Selena who isn't super high on tier lists but does work for me) so the game feels like less of a struggle than it did before at least.

Anastasis

2. Any tips & tricks for levelling up my chars? I'm having trouble getting Azura (currently @ lvl 38) anywhere. ;_;

Every pull of every character can be unique - each stat can be high, low or medium, but all stats average. +ATK means they are high in attack, but with a corresponding low in speed, hence -SPD.

You can check out the IV of your character if they are level 1 or 40 here:
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

If the top floors of the training tower have nothing but greens against your Azura or if it's one of those 4v5 maps, you can burn 1 stamina on the bottom floor to hopefully get nothing but reds at the top floors.

And if you're not already, use a healer.

So this is my second Nino, I had another one that was -ATK +SPEED, I'm just wondering if this one will be a better option. I want to run her with the Shareena/Azura/Eirika team.

This one appears to be +ATK and -DEF

Without looking at the matchups, I'd go with +Spd. Doubling more things is never bad and I don't think Nino'll mind the lost Atk too much when she's already got some of the highest Atk in the game after buffs.

ggx2ac

The current banners are ending soon. (Should be around 16 hours from now.)

I guess since we didn't get any news today, we'll probably have news in 8 hours or so when it is morning in Japan.

Mupod

The current banners are ending soon. (Should be around 16 hours from now.)

I guess since we didn't get any news today, we'll probably have news in 8 hours or so when it is morning in Japan.

presumably they'll also need to push out an update unless they plan to repeat the first banners (which I actually wouldn't mind). Which means more datamining fun.

Zafir

Another 5-pull got me only two 4*s, one of them being Arthur who appears to be garbage :(. The other 4* I got was Wrys who at least is finally my first healer, but skimming tier lists he seems pretty well regarded?

Continuing to mess around with the game a bit, mostly just burning a stamina bar on training tower then the next time I play I push through story content and so on. I still only have 1 5* (Julia) but I had a few solid 4* characters now (Abel, Camilla, adult Tiki, and Selena who isn't super high on tier lists but does work for me) so the game feels like less of a struggle than it did before at least.
Wrys is one of the better if not the best healer I think. Sadly healers gave little use at the moment. Hopefully that will change.

sense

I gave in and bought the 40 orbs package :( atleast it wasn't a waste considering I got 5* catria, nowi and ephriam. I was in need of blue units and got 3!!! And now to level them up.

Dragner

New banner tomorrow. At least something to be excited about Im 4 days without expending stamina already. At least we should have new march quests in 3 days. Something to do.

Yaari

Without looking at the matchups, I'd go with +Spd. Doubling more things is never bad and I don't think Nino'll mind the lost Atk too much when she's already got some of the highest Atk in the game after buffs.

Thanks. Yeah, problem with that Nino is that I found her falling short against many opponents, even when fully buffed. I think she takes a big hit from the -ATK. Or she just needs to be 5* to reach full potential, I don't really know.

I found the entire setup underwhelming using her, and thats when having Eirika/Shareena/Azura for buffs.

Ah well I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm just copying a video I saw, because I happened to have the characters required for it, haha

Draxal

Thanks. Yeah, problem with that Nino is that I found her falling short against many opponents, even when fully buffed. I think she takes a big hit from the -ATK. Or she just needs to be 5* to reach full potential, I don't really know.

I found the entire setup underwhelming using her, and thats when having Eirika/Shareena/Azura for buffs.

Ah well I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm just copying a video I saw, because I happened to have the characters required for it, haha

tbh, -atk hurts her alot.

A +ATK Nino with buffs can one shot say a neutral Takumi thus taking no damage back.

Its just tradeoffs for now.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
tbh, -atk hurts her alot.

A +ATK Nino with buffs can one shot say a neutral Takumi thus taking no damage back.

Its just tradeoffs for now.

Hm my 3* Nino is also -ATK so I've been holding off on promoting her for now =(.

Finally did a perfect run with my handicap Narcian (2* and lvl 20) and got slightly over 4000 points. Hopefully that should bump me into the 30K-50K range at least. I don't feel like leveling him up anymore, especially when he possibly won't be on the banner next week.

Mupod

So I'm curious about Abel's level 40 stats. Mine is +spd and -hp, so according to this: http://feheroes.wiki/Abel

He should top out at 30 speed as a 5*. Now is this with or without his brave lance (-5 speed) equipped? The wiki is inconsistent in how it shows stat totals, but I have a -spd 40 Camilla with 22 speed when using a brave axe and that's the listed number on the wiki page for her.

I wasn't going to promote this 4* Abel and instead do Sharena (I need a strong physical blue) because 25 speed isn't enough. But 30 with a brave lance on, especially since I bring Lyn for another +3, would be nice. And he'd be 2300 feathers cheaper to promote than Sharena (I merged him early on). I still think Sharena would fit my team better (red swords are not a problem) but Abel is fun to use.

edit: I guess because arena is just based on stat totals I should just use Sharena anyways. Also someone needs to make up for Lyn's -atk. Still curious though.

Draxal

So I'm curious about Abel's level 40 stats. Mine is +spd and -hp, so according to this: http://feheroes.wiki/Abel

He should top out at 30 speed as a 5*. Now is this with or without his brave lance (-5 speed) equipped? The wiki is inconsistent in how it shows stat totals, but I have a -spd 40 Camilla with 22 speed when using a brave axe and that's the listed number on the wiki page for her.

I wasn't going to promote this 4* Abel and instead do Sharena (I need a strong physical blue) because 25 speed isn't enough. But 30 with a brave lance on, especially since I bring Lyn for another +3, would be nice. And he'd be 2300 feathers cheaper to promote than Sharena (I merged him early on). I still think Sharena would fit my team better (red swords are not a problem) but Abel is fun to use.

edit: I guess because arena is just based on stat totals I should just use Sharena anyways. Also someone needs to make up for Lyn's -atk. Still curious though.

With. Sharena would be the better choice in your situation though.

turnbuckle

Getting 95% 3* will make me quit. Had enough for pulling 3 characters before I lost my rate up from the banner leaving in 24 hours. 3 crappy 3* not worth spending feathers on, again. I had like 23 3* and 3 4* dupe in my last 26 characters. Gacha sucks when you end up getting the short end of the stick. All I ask for is to at least get the expected statistical average. Even a bit lower than that would make it better. If it was not FE I would be out already. Still, it's unpleasant when one of your favorite series brings you negativity.

I know their business plan. They know that a % of their player base will have shit luck, be discouraged by their shit luck and leave instead of spending money because they cannot fathom spending 60$ for 20 more 3*. It's just necessery casualties of the model and it tarnishes the experience greatly when you end up in that category of players. Meh, can't blame them, their models are proven money making machines.

I don't make posts like this to bring negativity to our community. Mine is not the experience for most players. I am just unlucky, too bad for me. I make posts like this because like most gachas, people who are lucky are very vocal (understandable) and people with bad luck mostly stay silent. Sometimes you feel alone in a sea of great screenshots. Well, unlucky people, you are far from alone and I know it sucks.

Yeah I actually just feathered all my characters and deleted the game to make sure I don't come back or spend anymore money.

I must have gone through 160 orbs since my last 5* and only had 2 of them that I got from my first pulls.

elty

Nintendo really need to crack down on those hackers. What's the point of playing when people just hack their way to +10 unreleased hero with top arena score?

Achtius

I am confused about how tomebreaker, so Robin have B Tomebreaker 2 equip with full hp, how come the enemy blue mage can counter attack?

It literally says they should not be able to follow up:

If unit's HP ≥ 70% in combat against a blue tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

Kakaroach

Don't think I can farm 3 star Robin. My two 5 stars are Lucina and Azura but they are too squishy to survive any attacks so I can't come close to finishing the mission. Lemme know if anyone has some tips with these 2 characters!

Dragner

I am confused about how tomebreaker, so Robin have B Tomebreaker 2 equip with full hp, how come the enemy blue mage can counter attack?

It literally says they should not be able to follow up:

Follow up means they cant double you even if their speed is +5 yours. They can still counterattack.

fek

Finally cleared no-continue 9-2 Lunatic. I used 4*s Olivia (lv 34), Nino (lv 40) and Hana (lv32), and 5* Azura (lv40). Now I'm only missing 9-5.

Quixzlizx

I was getting really salty before because I was in an arena match vs Hector and all four of my characters would've died attacking him.

Then I reread his weapon description and realized he only has the guaranteed follow-up attack when he is defending. I had never had to resolve this problem before because before the bonus characters changed, I had Young Tiki on my team as my Hector exterminator.

J-Tier

I was getting really salty before because I was in an arena match vs Hector and all four of my characters would've died attacking him.

Then I reread his weapon description and realized he only has the guaranteed follow-up attack when he is defending. I had never had to resolve this problem before because before the bonus characters changed, I had Young Tiki on my team as my Hector exterminator.

My brother is working on a full counter team. He has Ryoma, Takumi, Nowi and is hoping to draw a Hector.

I find that the best way to combat them is to allow them to attack you first, and then kill them on your following turn.

Sushen

The current training tower is stupid where either your characters are too high level to get any xp, or your characters at lower xp, hence in the training, gets murdered. Life with mounted character team can't be more unfair.

Finally beat all the regular stages on all difficulties! Had 89 orbs, decided to pull twice for an even 80...ended up with Maria. How does she stack up as a healer? I've mainly been rolling with Serra up until now.

The current training tower is stupid where either your characters are too high level to get any xp, or your characters at lower xp, hence in the training, gets murdered. Life with mounted character team can't be more unfair.

Especially those Mastery missions in the tower. Basically an RNG throw, if that one unfavorable triangle unit happens to be a knight it's basically GG.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Finally beat all the regular stages on all difficulties! Had 89 orbs, decided to pull twice for an even 80...ended up with Maria. How does she stack up as a healer? I've mainly been rolling with Serra up until now.

You only pulled twice for 80 orbs? Shouldn't it have been 40 for 2, or 80 for 4?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Also do we have any hints about what the next banner is going to be? Or any of the March content apart from Skill inheritance for that matter? Someone mentioned there was another Fire Emblem cipher event going on soon, right?

Sushen

Especially those Mastery missions in the tower. Basically an RNG throw, if that one unfavorable triangle unit happens to be a knight it's basically GG.
Yeah, especially if you don't have one of those OP characters, your life in upper 30s will suck.
Which is why everyone is pulling new cards, except you get other junk cards most of the times.

lt519

Just started leveling up a Cecilia, Lilina, Abel, Beruka team. Abel seems a little squishy, but I'm loving how hard Lilina hits and Cecilia's range is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom