• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

You shouldn't be having so much trouble with high level units. On the first turn, place Anna at the bottom left and Tharja directly above her. A strong Anna will kill the Lance Fighter, and she will survive the mages. Tharja will counter attack against the other mage.

Retreat, heal, and finish off the rest.

That didn't work, the Robin at the bottom came and finished off my Tharja diagonally which gave me a game over.

Addi

Any news on monday's banner(s)? I'll have 40+ orbs by then, so two full pulls

EDIT: oh, we are probably getting lots of new quests this week, 6 of the 7 quest pages have only 1-3 days left.

Draxal

Any news on monday's banner(s)? I'll have 40+ orbs by then, so two full pulls

We should find out in about twelve hours or so.

Japan is having the final national tournament for their card game (cipher sai east at Tokyo) around that time.

Finally got enough feathers to upgrade a 4 star to a 5 star.

Robin and Kagero are my most used 4 stars...what do people think would be best to upgrade?

Addi

Robin and Kagero are my most used 4 stars...what do people think would be best to upgrade?

I would say Robin, but I'm biased because I have a 5* Robin on my team :p Also, you can't actually summon a 5* Robin right now, if you look at the banner details, he only comes in 3* and 4* while you could still get a 5* star Kagero that way.

Mupod

Robin carries my team on his back, but Kagero is very good too. Check their base stats before you blow 20,000 feathers.

edit: if you don't know how to do so, either use an IV calculator or just compare their level 1 stats to here:

http://feheroes.wiki/Robin_(M)
http://feheroes.wiki/Kagero

Subtract the weapon damage from the stat totals. If they aren't level 1 (obviously they aren't in your case), get them to 20 or above and preview them with unlock potential. It'll show their stats as a level 1 5 star unit. I wouldn't promote one with a negative attack or speed stat.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I got the app login bonus for today, so I blew an orb and tried a couple of configurations but neither of them worked.

Need to wait for stamina to restore before trying more levelling up.

1. Have you already blown through your stamina potions? You can get some through Club Nintendo using points if you weren't aware. Much better than using orbs.

2. Why would you have Lissa tank the top enemies? Take pic 2 and flip Lissa and Anna (Lissa should be in the center since she'll take 2 hits from mages.) Btw, did you ever try putting Minerva at the top? She's your unit with the most DEF.

That didn't work, the Robin at the bottom came and finished off my Tharja diagonally which gave me a game over.
Hm... thought the color advantage would keep Tharja alive but her res is too low...

Ninja Dom

The current Robin challenge only gives you a 2* Robin on Normal. And I found the challenge very tough. She should at least have been a 3* for Normal.

Anyway, I turned my 3* Saizo into a 4* and then immediately levelled him from the 1 he goes back down to, to level 21. Beast Ninja is a beast!!

I think the ideal (i.e. least creative) comp for the Fem Robin map is along the lines of:
- Anti-mage tank who can ORKO the lancer
- Two ranged units w/ a Res stat. One must be able to ORKO the axman
- A healer

Bonus if a unit other than the tank has Fortify Res to help survive the first round. Rally Res can also help. Another bonus if your tank has Seal Atk to make extended tanking safer.

Basic idea is to put your tank in range of the lancer, then retreat to the little entryway on the next turn. This spot can only possibly be attacked by two mages (the incredibly convenient pothole makes it impossible for three) and with enough Res and healing support, they should be able to survive. On the turn you retreat, the axman should be in range of one of your ranged units parking behind the wall. Eliminate them and it should be smooth sailing as your ranged units pick off the mages attacking your tank.

Danj

1. Have you already blown through your stamina potions? You can get some through Club Nintendo using points if you weren't aware. Much better than using orbs.

How do you get them through Club Nintendo? I went to the Shop area but it only lets me do stuff like buying orbs or expanding my barracks.

2. Why would you have Lissa tank the top enemies? Take pic 2 and flip Lissa and Anna (Lissa should be in the center since she'll take 2 hits from mages.) Btw, did you ever try putting Minerva at the top? She's your unit with the most DEF.

Someone said I should use the character with the most Res, she's it.

EDIT: just tried it, Red Mage kills Anna in that configuration.

XTocvX4.jpg

The current Robin challenge only gives you a 2* Robin on Normal. And I found the challenge very tough. She should at least have been a 3* for Normal.

Normal was pretty easy for me, I had no problems with it. It's only Hard I can't do.

Loco4Coco

This game is impossible if you don't have "top tier" units. My best units are Lon'qu,Raven, and Palla. They can't do much and it doesn't help that I had awful pulls in summons.

I think the ideal (i.e. least creative) comp for the Fem Robin map is along the lines of:
- Anti-mage tank who can ORKO the lancer
- Two ranged units w/ a Res stat. One must be able to ORKO the axman
- A healer

Bonus if a unit other than the tank has Fortify Res to help survive the first round. Rally Res can also help. Another bonus if your tank has Seal Atk to make extended tanking safer.

Basic idea is to put your tank in range of the lancer, then retreat to the little entryway on the next turn. This spot can only possibly be attacked by two mages (the incredibly convenient pothole makes it impossible for three) and with enough Res and healing support, they should be able to survive. On the turn you retreat, the axman should be in range of one of your ranged units parking behind the wall. Eliminate them and it should be smooth sailing as your ranged units pick off the mages attacking your tank.

I think this could work, too. I already explained how I won the map. I still don't think he should be having problems.

I really think you should just park a sturdy non-Blue to the left of the hole. A Sword will KO the Axe Fighter.
Going in farther will probably get someone killed, so I miscalculated with the Anna advice.

I haven't tested with Green or Colorless yet, but a Colorless should heavily damage the mages, and a Green will probably survive, too.

Danj

This game is impossible if you don't have "top tier" units. My best units are Lon'qu,Raven, and Palla. They can't do much and it doesn't help that I had awful pulls in summons.

I got news for you, the hardest maps are very difficult even if you do have 5* units. See above the problems I'm having with the hard Robin map.

Go to home/base missions.

Click the icon on the top right.

The only icon I have on the top right of the Home screen is the one for upgrading your castle, and I did all that already.

EDIT 2: I went on the My Nintendo website and bought a stamina potion through there (I only had 150 Nintendo Points apparently).

Mupod

My EVGA rebate came back with a prepaid card that wasn't of much use to me due to its limitations, but this game let me feed it to the orb beast.

Tried for Eirika or Julia and ended up with 5* Merric, -def +res. This guy could actually work out as I need an answer for Pegasi, spur res will help Robin a LOT, and I badly needed a green. I was gonna promote my Nino, but it looks like Sharena has shot up in priority instead.

I also got 3 4* units, Lon'qu which I REALLY wanted due to the upcoming skill inheritance and Vantage. Very good. Hawkeye too, but both him and Lon'qu came with shit -atk IVs.

And then finally a 4* Robin with +spd -def. My 5* is the same but with -res. I'll keep him around just in case.

Dreavus

I had the family bonds banner up to 4.00% focus 4.00% 5 star. All coloured orbs (including three red) and got nothing with a 5 pull!

How demoralizing.

lt519

Reached 4000+ in arena with Odin at level 30 as dead weight. He was the only one to die, twice he was a sacrificial lamb to lure in Takumi.

Draxal

I got news for you, the hardest maps are very difficult even if you do have 5* units. See above the problems I'm having with the hard Robin map.

The only icon I have on the top right of the Home screen is the one for upgrading your castle, and I did all that already.

EDIT 2: I went on the My Nintendo website and bought a stamina potion through there (I only had 150 Nintendo Points apparently).

You have to go to missions from the home/base screen.

Then on top where it says quest and missions there's a glowing FEHEROES icon click there.

Make sure you go to the right tab and complete all the missions there, as they expire iirc.

Danj

You have to go to missions from the home/base screen.

Then on top where it says quest and missions there's a glowing FEHEROES icon click there.

Make sure you go to the right tab and complete all the missions there, as they expire iirc.

Still not seeing it? I don't have a missions button as far as I can tell?

EDIT: Just read the help, it's in the Quests area. Thanks!

ferr

Getting closer to upgrading a 4* to 5*.. have a few that I'm considering. Camilla, Robin(M), Tharja, Corrin(F).

Robin(M) is a 3* so I'd have to get him to 4* to see his 5* potential. The rest have average attack rating potential at 5*.

My current 5* = Marth, Catria, Sheena, Peri, Ephraim.

Thoughts on who to upgrade?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I think Raven's supposed to be decent. Keep in mind that 2 really good units are actually Anna & Sharena. You should at least be able to get them up to 4* if you didn't spend your feathers already.

Getting closer to upgrading a 4* to 5*.. have a few that I'm considering. Camilla, Robin(M), Tharja, Corrin(F).

Robin(M) is a 3* so I'd have to get him to 4* to see his 5* potential. The rest have average attack rating potential at 5*.

Corrin and Robin seem the strongest but you would be very blue heavy then. I know she has fallen out of favor somewhat but Camilla can wreck things, and gives you a viable option to deal with the rise in Blue characters.

I think this could work, too. I already explained how I won the map. I still don't think he should be having problems.

I really think you should just park a sturdy non-Blue to the left of the hole. A Sword will KO the Axe Fighter.
Going in farther will probably get someone killed, so I miscalculated with the Anna advice.

I haven't tested with Green or Colorless yet, but a Colorless should heavily damage the mages, and a Green will probably survive, too.

To the left of the hole? I don't really like that spot because all three mages plus the axman can hit you. It's more or less suicide without the best anti-mage tanks and I'm assuming not everyone has the best. The axman, due to his positioning, can also be sniped unlike the lancer which is why I prefer taking on the lancer first.

It's a little early, but here are Xander's level 40 stats

Someone hacked the game to receive this, apparently. He seems pretty strong for a freebie.

Slower, Luna-less, Seal Atk-less, crap-for-Res version of Catria that'll probably melt to mages as Catria melts to arrows BUT THAT DEFENSE THO and ranged counter. Also 3 Mov that makes engaging ranged targets that he can already counter because of Siegfried a hell of a lot easier.

Me likey.

To the left of the hole? I don't really like that spot because all three mages plus the axman can hit you. It's more or less suicide without the best anti-mage tanks and I'm assuming not everyone has the best. The axman, due to his positioning, can also be sniped unlike the lancer which is why I prefer taking on the lancer first.

Slower, Luna-less, Seal Atk-less, crap-for-Res version of Catria that'll probably melt to mages as Catria melts to arrows BUT THAT DEFENSE THO and ranged counter. Also 3 Mov that makes engaging ranged targets that he can already counter because of Siegfried a hell of a lot easier.

Me likey.

That spot is not as bad as it looks. You're actually getting hit by the Axeman and two other mages. A unit with decent bulk will survive all attacks if it's not Blue. Tharja's defenses are awful, so she sadly fails to hold that point.

I see the strategy that you're trying to set up, but it seems really hard to pull off with infantry.

Xander will go down very easily if you send a blue mage or dragon at him. You'll have a lot of trouble if you lack such a unit, though.

Mupod

It's a little early, but here are Xander's level 40 stats

Someone hacked the game to receive this, apparently. He seems pretty strong for a freebie.

I was going to make a joke about him being hard countered by little girls but Nowi would really destroy him. And Corrin-F, funny enough.

As I've said before, I recommend checking the base stats of your units and maybe go from there. 20k is a big investment, don't want to accidentally promote a -spd or -atk Robin.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Am I doing something wrong, or did they change how arena points work this round?

Last week I could get up to mid 3000s with my team doing 7 in a row on intermediate, but this week I am struggling to break the 2000s doing 7 on lunatic.

I'm essentially using the same team so I don't know what has changed.

EDIT: Is it just that I am lacking the bonus heroes? They make that much of a difference?

Thatanas

Am I doing something wrong, or did they change how arena points work this round?

Last week I could get up to mid 3000s with my team doing 7 in a row on intermediate, but this week I am struggling to break the 2000s doing 7 on lunatic.

The heroes awarding bonuses have changed. You probably aren't using a hero from the new rotation.

Zafir

EDIT: Is it just that I am lacking the bonus heroes? They make that much of a difference?

It's the bonus.

I was better off shoving in a level 1 Odin, instead of using my normal team of all 35-40s in terms of points, because the bonus is so big.

lupin23rd

Looking for suggestions on spending my 20k feathers.

I've currently got the following 5* units - Nowi, Young Tiki, Takumi, Minerva, and Effie.

The 4* units I've been considering are:

Marth (although I could get him at 5*)
Camilla (although I already have Minerva)
Catria (although I already have two blues)
Eliiwood (not sure if he is any good)
M/F Robin (although I'd have to bump him/her up from 3*)
Cecilia (although I want Julia at some point being an FE4 fan)

Wondering who might be more useful in covering what I'm missing?
Thinking Marth for Falchion, or Ceclilia/Robin as I don't have any magic.

Also for anyone having trouble with the hard map for Female Robin, here was my team and strategy if it helps out.

Party was 5* Young Tiki, 5* Effie, 4* Maria, and 3* Olivia.
Shuffle units around a bit, and then place Tiki in front of the water tile, and then Effie behind her.
Tiki will take couple hits but stay around half life.
Next turn, move her down to take out Robin. Her special should activate and take about half life off the other enemy units.
Use Maria to heal from 2 spaces away, then use Olivi's dance to give Maria another turn to heal Tiki back to full.
Move Effie over one to take out the green axeman.
Tiki and Effie should both survive the next enemy round, and then just have them mop up the stragglers.

Draxal

My current team is so squishy...working for feathers is so hard. I want to 5* Cordelia, but would you guys advise someone else from this crew?

Edit: fixed, posting image from mobile.

I'd probably do Sharena, but i would save on a bit. Sharena is a good stat stick.

It also depends on the mods for Cordelia as brave units can be fucked if they have bad mods.

Easiest way to check cordelia mod's is to go to rise potential and go to the screen right before you actually confirm what cordelia's stats are.

then compare it to an iv calculator such as

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51662

Make sure to account for the difference in Cordelia's Brave Weapon and Brave + weapon as well.

J-Tier

I'd probably do Sharena, but i would save on a bit. Sharena is a good stat stick.

It also depends on the mods for Cordelia as brave units can be fucked if they have bad mods.

Easiest way to check cordelia mod's is to go to rise potential and go to the screen right before you actually confirm what cordelia's stats are.

then compare it to an iv calculator such as

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51662

Make sure to account for the difference in Cordelia's Brave Weapon and Brave + weapon as well.
Thanks for the input.

With Cordelia at lvl 27 I'm not sure where I can find her base stats.

HP 31
Atk 29
Def 15
Spd 19
Res 18

Brave Lance MT 5 Rng 1 -5 Spd
Brave Lance+ MT 8 Rng 1 -5 Spd

Seems like she'd be super squishy to be honest...high attack and can move twice, but might not be worth it.

I'll look into leveling Sharena, but at 2*, that's gonna burn a lot of feathers I don't have yet lol.

Edit: I see, rise potential. BRB reading comprehension.

Edit 2: She has -2 attack lower than the lowest number in the attack field. The rest of her stats are average, and HP is the high stat. She's going to be crap :/

Hazu

I should hit 20k feathers this week and I need help to decide which unit I should upgrade.

My team is :

Lvl 40 Lucina (5 stars)
Lvl 40 Roy (5 stars)
Lvl 40 Julia (5 stars)

Also have :

Lvl 39 Cordelia (4 stars)
Lvl 36 Camilla (4 stars)
Lvl 33 Nowi (4 stars)
Lvl 31 Cecilia (4 stars)

Also have a bunch of 3 stars Tiki (I got 3).

PK Gaming

Catria's the first person that comes to mind just because of Armored Blow, making me think of throwing him in the same situations I would her. Certainly not because I think he's anywhere near as hot if that's what you're implying. :p

It's just, I wouldn't really use them in a similar way. Catria's kit makes her amazing against red units, as well as having a good matchup against fellow blues and frail mages. I wouldn't really use Xander in a similar way, especially since he's 2000x slower, and way vulnerable. He's more of a mobile tank, I figure.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Bah, I pulled at a bad time. Got Ephriam but I'm not interested in him.

He has excellent stats though. Seems like a glass cannon melee?
Does ranking up give you access to better skills?

My only 5 stars is my lame ass Sakura
Yes, for most characters. I think if you check the skills of your characters, there are some skills with a 5* next to it, showing that those skills are only available at the 5* level.

Also for anyone having trouble with the hard map for Female Robin, here was my team and strategy if it helps out.

Party was 5* Young Tiki, 5* Effie, 4* Maria, and 3* Olivia.
Shuffle units around a bit, and then place Tiki in front of the water tile, and then Effie behind her.
Tiki will take couple hits but stay around half life.
Next turn, move her down to take out Robin. Her special should activate and take about half life off the other enemy units.
Use Maria to heal from 2 spaces away, then use Olivi's dance to give Maria another turn to heal Tiki back to full.
Move Effie over one to take out the green axeman.
Tiki and Effie should both survive the next enemy round, and then just have them mop up the stragglers.

Thanks, I found that helpful. I ended up swapping Effie for Gaius solely for Rally Speed (because my Tiki couldn't double one of the enemies to trigger her special in turn). It was risky as Tiki did all the work, while Maria (5*) was bait for the mages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom