• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Have to wait two days just for the March quests. I need to pass the time while waiting for the Switch this week.

Nino: +ATK/-SPD or +DEF/-RES?

Thanks!

My opinion would be the second one if I had to choose.

My Nino is Spd up, Def down and her speed is 39. Throw in Hone Speed and it makes sure that she can attack twice almost every enemy.

Attack up, speed down with buffs may at least let you one shot Takumi with Res up or health up but then you wouldn't be able to take out Lucina in one round because she is fast.

Ninferno

The current training tower is stupid where either your characters are too high level to get any xp, or your characters at lower xp, hence in the training, gets murdered. Life with mounted character team can't be more unfair.

Especially those Mastery missions in the tower. Basically an RNG throw, if that one unfavorable triangle unit happens to be a knight it's basically GG.

You can always just burn 1 stamina (which shouldn't be the end of the world) at the First Stratum to get all the Stratums to refresh their levels and color composition though.

zelhawks37

This whole nature thing is kind of annoying tbh. Its not like pokemon where you can breed at a fast rate and the chances of getting the right one are terribly low.

Yes Im bitter because I happen to have a - atk + def Robin.

Cerium

Hell yes, introducing 5* Anna to my defensive lineup has had immediate results. A 265 and 266 successful defense overnight.

Looks like my weekly feather haul is going to be respectable after all.

alcheim

Finally managed to pull Juila, the only character I was missing from the incest banner. So having spent all of the day's stamina leveling her up to 25, I just went into the arena to see how the "focus" team would fare

lz36xwk.jpg

Julia turned out to be the MVP in most fights; even managing to out-level the rest after a few rounds. But the team as a whole wasn't very viable. Seliph seemed to be useless fodder in most fights.

Cerium

Seliph is the weak link in this focus, yeah, especially since awesome reds are already everywhere.

Crazy that you got all four though.

Replace Seliph with a good colorless and you'd have something viable imo. Kagero or Takumi.

MANUELF

Banned
This whole nature thing is kind of annoying tbh. Its not like pokemon where you can breed at a fast rate and the chances of getting the right one are terribly low.

Yes Im bitter because I happen to have a - atk + def Robin.
Mine is +DEF -SPD and I need to flee from other Robins since they ORKO me, at least Takumi tickles him I guess

PS: I only have 2 defense points, a 260 and a 265 and I still have no idea What The points means

ggx2ac

Mine is +DEF -SPD and I need to flee from other Robins since they ORKO me, at least Takumi tickles him I guess

PS: I only have 2 defense points, a 260 and a 265 and I still have no idea What The points means

It's similar to offense. The points you receive depends on your team rating average.

If it's too low, your defense team fights lower rated enemies and if they win they might not get 250+ points for winning.

zelhawks37

Haha same here. Other Robins outclass me and I have to use other units to kill him. At least ours take hits better I guess?

It might be by how much your team won, whether it be by how many units survived or what kind of units they are and how much hp they had left. Not 100 percent sure though.

alcheim

Seliph is the weak link in this focus, yeah, especially since awesome reds are already everywhere.

Crazy that you got all four though.

Replace Seliph with a good colorless and you'd have something viable imo. Kagero or Takumi.

That's a good idea. I'll switch in Kagero since she's got some great options for countering all those reds in the Arena.

I lucked out on getting Seliph and the Twins during the week they were released, but it took a lot of pulls to get Julia (like over a hundred or so paid+free orbs). I was focusing solely on green to get either Julia or Hector, but kept getting a 3* Bartre every 20 orbs. I was about to give up, but on the last 5 orb pull, I finally got her.

Ninferno

Finally pulled off a flawless run and man that just feel great. Still falls a little bit short of 4500 of course but that's ok. Every member of the team performed respectably and with each passing day I'm loving my team more and more:) Even Catria at a humble 4* handled Lucinas, Tikis and Ryomas really well, giving the team the much needed breathing space in the heat of battle.
team_zps5xggup2k.png

And the reason why I didn't upgrade my Catria to 5* was of course the fact that I was waiting for a competent green (or to a lesser extent, blue) mage, for which I have spent 80 or so orbs to no avail. To rub more salt into the wound, FemRobin turned out to be a crushing disappointment. So I said, fuck it, let's dump my last 13 orbs (I've cleared all the story missions at all difficulties) before Julia vanquishes from the banner. Entered summon screen and saw 3 green stones, alright, looks promising. Opened the first, Gunter, ok, probably my 4th Gunter already, but hey, Armored Blow 3 might be helpful in the upcoming skill inheritance, right? Moved on to open the second, Arthur, uh, started to have a bad feeling about this. Had to muster all my remaining courage to open the 3rd and last stone, and it's...

Nino_zpsrqfruyes.png

Almost burst into tears when I saw this cutie. Although she came out as a 3*, although she's +Atk -Def, not optimal and will be squishy as fuck, although my 3.75% or so increased 5* pull rate will go into the drain with the banner, I don't fucking care anymore because the RNGesus has finally heard my plead! Dumped 22K feather in Nino and had been leveling the shit out of her with 2 Olivias like there's no tomorrow:)

Now thinking about what my defense team should be. Takumi and Nowi are pretty much given, for their full range counter. What should the rest be? I have a 5* Iilina, though she is +Res -Def so she's not that much bulkier than my -Def Nino. So, Marth + Nino? Lilina + Nino? I had no problem racking up a few 260+ denfense wins for the past few seasons but with people improving every day, I don't know how long that peace of mind will last.

Tripon

Man, I wish Heroes included Evasion as a stat. Give me a character that dodges everything and dies to a paper cut like in other FE games. Instead, defense means everyone is sort of fragile unless you're a tank.

Mupod

Man, I wish Heroes included Evasion as a stat. Give me a character that dodges everything and dies to a paper cut like in other FE games. Instead, defense means everyone is sort of fragile unless you're a tank.

as much RNG as there is in this game, they seem to be wanting to keep it out of the actual gameplay.

Ninferno

As much as I like the thrill of the evasion mechanism in the mainline FE games, in this game however, it will only ruin perfect runs and induce rage like you have never seen before. Imagine if you miss a 98% attack and lost a unit as a result in your 7th match in a streak; it's not like reset is a thing in this game, remember? So no, please no.

Somnid

This get me every...single...time. "Oh my sword master will just dodge...fuck wrong game"

Anastasis

Have to wait two days just for the March quests. I need to pass the time while waiting for the Switch this week.

My opinion would be the second one if I had to choose.

My Nino is Spd up, Def down and her speed is 39. Throw in Hone Speed and it makes sure that she can attack twice almost every enemy.

Attack up, speed down with buffs may at least let you one shot Takumi with Res up or health up but then you wouldn't be able to take out Lucina in one round because she is fast.

Thanks!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My guess is going to be Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn Banner, Plus Paralogues 2 featuring characters from those games.

I also can not get the 3 Star F Robin. I just don't have anyone tanky enough to live though two turns of mages.

Etria

My guess is going to be Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn Banner, Plus Paralogues 2 featuring characters from those games.

I also can not get the 3 Star F Robin. I just don't have anyone tanky enough to live though two turns of mages.

Hopefully you're right. I've been waiting for Tellius characters since launch.

I think something like that would have been more hyped up. TBH, I don't know what to expect for tomorrows banner.

fek

Got 9-5 lunatic done too and finally finished all story quests. This one was way easier than 9-2 for me because my 5* units are good for this one and I just completed the team with a 4* healer to keep Lucina alive.

Chucker

Only notable from the twin banner I've gotten was Julia, but holy smokes she's no joke.

Grinding out a few B Teams somewhere in the mid 20's now. Have 2 40's and just getting nowhere on Lunatic 9-X, Gotta find my right balance. Stoked for the next set of quests/banner/pulls.

Only notable from the twin banner I've gotten was Julia, but holy smokes she's no joke.

Grinding out a few B Teams somewhere in the mid 20's now. Have 2 40's and just getting nowhere on Lunatic 9-X, Gotta find my right balance. Stoked for the next set of quests/banner/pulls.

Julia is a glass nuke.

She can't take any hit. But she'll nuke people out to oblivion.

Julia and robin are my nuclear duo. Seliph and eirika just make sure the nukes done get defused.

Toezilla

Neo Member
Ok guys, looking for some roster advice. I'm struggling to get a flawless run despite many attempts.

Here's what I've got to work with.

Kagera 5*
Cecilia 5*
Lucina 5*
Young Tiki 5*
Erika 5*
Ephraim 5*
Hinoka 5*
Abel 5*

Notable 4 stars that I could upgrade...

F Corrin
Olivia
Marth
Tharja
Cordelia
Nino
Gordin

I've been running Lucina, Ephraim, Cecilia, and Kagera. It feels a little like Ephraim could be the weak link or that I'm just not tanky enough. I'm consistently ending up in the 4000 to 4200 range, and can't quite get over the hump.

Any pointers that can get me closer to a flawless run would be hugely appreciated.

Cerium

OH SHIT

NEW SHIT

Ok guys, looking for some roster advice. I'm struggling to get a flawless run despite many attempts.

Here's what I've got to work with.

Kagera 5*
Cecilia 5*
Lucina 5*
Young Tiki 5*
Erika 5*
Ephraim 5*
Hinoka 5*
Abel 5*

Notable 4 stars that I could upgrade...

F Corrin
Olivia
Marth
Tharja
Cordelia
Nino
Gordin

I've been running Lucina, Ephraim, Cecilia, and Kagera. It feels a little like Ephraim could be the weak link or that I'm just not tanky enough. I'm consistently ending up in the 4000 to 4200 range, and can't quite get over the hump.

Any pointers that can get me closer to a flawless run would be hugely appreciated.
Right off the bat you've got great tools to work with.

Kagero, Lucina, Ephraim, and Cecilia at level 40 should be a winning combination by itself. You've got magic damage/colorless advantage in Cecilia, you've got a tank in Ephraim, you've got the best sword user in the game in Lucina, and you've got the infantry slayer colorless in Kagero.

If you want to tinker and go for something more complicated you could upgrade Nino and FemCorrin to 5* and then run with something like

Eirika, Nino, Corrin, and Kagero

Nino thrives on buffs and both Eirika and Corrin can provide those. Your Nino in this lineup would be absolutely fucking devastating. You've got magic damage, range, a dragon tank in Corrin, and a strong red in Eirika.

Ninferno

Holy shit. That's an outstanding banner! It hurts that my orbs are out... Hopefully the March quests will have ones with decent orbs awards so that along with log-in orbs I can have a few pulls on it...

FireVoa

After looking at the current banner I feel a nice sigh of relief that I can continue hoarding my 42 orbs. Nothing here worth going all in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom