• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

It is unreal how bad the 5* percentage truly is on this. I am floored at how many times I've done a 5 pull only to get pure and utter trash throughout. If I had spent money on this I'd be fucking furious.

Pejo

Did a 100 orb pullstravaganza this morning and felt compelled to share the results as...therapy I guess. Glad these were all free orbs at least.

3*
Subaki, Fir, Wrys, Odin, Tiki(Adult)x2, Odin, Eliwood, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Laslow, Clarine, Hanax2, Frederick, CorrinF, Hinata, Cherche, Palla, Barst and Serra.

4*
Matthew, Jeorgex2, Tiki (Adult)

It's extra infuriating getting multple trash characters that have been daily freebies in the past week. The only positive I'm seeing is that Tiki is almost certainly better than the Selena I have on my current team (Eiricka, Minerva, Nowi, Selena.) Any silver linings I'm not seeing?

So wait, you didn't get a single 5*? CorrinF has been super good for me in Arena after I upgraded her from 4* to 5*, but man. That is a rough set of pulls, can't even lie.

Dee Dee

So I pulled a dupe 5* Fae, what do I do with 5* dupes again?
The level 40 one is +Res/-Spd and the dupe one is +Spd/-Def

3 Options:

1) Release the dupe for feathers (or the one you don't want to keep, see 2) ).
2) Decide to keep the dupe over the original, and toss the original to 1) or 3)
3) Combine the dupe with the 5* you want to keep for a permanent ATK boost. Since you won't further upgrade this hero, the stat boost won't be lost.

Do 1) if you don't really use her in teams anyway - extra feathers will help strengthen your team with other top players.

Speed or Res is a tough decision - I guess you decide on whether you use her more as a glass cannon or a bait.

Hello all.

I just started this game.
I enjoy it a lot so far and intend to stay F2P.

So far my team is
Hector
Chrom
Est
Niles

what kind of roll should I go for? Any of my 4 stars are worth upgrading to 5* ..

Hector is top tier at 5* if you really want to go all the way, upgrade Hector to 5*, enjoy Distant Counter, Pavise and Armads, laugh at all the plebs pining for a 5* Hector...

Totakeke

3 Options:

3) Combine the dupe with the 5* you want to keep for a permanent ATK boost. Since you won't further upgrade this hero, the stat boost won't be lost.

Do 1) if you don't really use her in teams anyway - extra feathers will help strengthen your team with other top players.

Speed or Res is a tough decision - I guess you decide on whether you use her more as a glass cannon or a bait.

4) Keep the unit for skill inheritance or until we know exactly how it works.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It is unreal how bad the 5* percentage truly is on this. I am floored at how many times I've done a 5 pull only to get pure and utter trash throughout. If I had spent money on this I'd be fucking furious.

This is honestly not as bad as other gacha games. This is hardly the worst offender. If anything this game is super generous.

3 Options:

Guess I'll merge the dupe, She's been a good mage tanker

4) Keep the unit for skill inheritance or until we know exactly how it works.

This works too

3 Options:

Hector is top tier at 5* if you really want to go all the way, upgrade Hector to 5*, enjoy Distant Counter, Pavise and Armads, laugh at all the plebs pining for a 5* Hector...

Thanks for the answer. Hector is alrady 5*

The other 3 are lvl 4.

Also got Stahl and 4* Marth...but Chrom seem better so far.

Oh well ill keep rolling when I can.

is EST any good?

she seems too die easily but she can pack a punch offensivelly

Mupod

This is honestly not as bad as other gacha games. This is hardly the worst offender. If anything this game is super generous.

after the 200 orbs it took me to get something out of the Legendary Heroes banner, that's probably a sign I should never touch this genre again.

Unless fate grand order gets an english release, then god have mercy

Draxal

How do you tell what spread your unit has? I'd like to see what my Eldigan got for his +/-

You take a screenshot of it at level one and compare it to other level ones on twitter.

For example, both Shun and I drew Reinhardt earlier, mine had 2 more atk then his at level 1 (meaning it was a boon for me and a minus for Shun).

Its easier to find out later when the calculators update with max stat characters.

How do you tell what spread your unit has? I'd like to see what my Eldigan got for his +/-

He needs to be Level 1 or 40.

Heroes that aren't 5 stars can use the unlock potential to preview their Level 1 stats.

Anything inbetween is uncharted territory right now due to how stat growths seem to work.

Draxal

Heroes that aren't 5 stars can use the unlock potential to preview their Level 1 stats.

Anything inbetween is uncharted territory right now due to how stat growths seem to work.

You can tell around level 35ish as well,when you're over cap one one stat and under cap in another one.

Weebos

Banned
Finally got around to calculating my 5 stars' natures

Ephraim: + ATK - RES
Camilla: + SPD - RES
Lucina: + RES - DEF
RobinM: + ATK - HP

Not bad.

Shouta

You take a screenshot of it at level one and compare it to other level ones on twitter.

For example, both Shun and I drew Reinhardt earlier, mine had 2 more atk then his at level 1 (meaning it was a boon for me and a minus for Shun).

Its easier to find out later when the calculators update with max stat characters.

might be too early to have 100% accurate stats but just subtract his weapon damage from his atk stat and compare him at level 1 to http://feheroes.wiki/Eldigan

if he's not level 1, you gotta grind him to 40 or at least most of the way to be sure.

Oh well, I immediately leveled up using some shards I had. I guess I'll just have to find out when I get to maxing him, lol

Acerac

Banned
Oh well, I immediately leveled up using some shards I had. I guess I'll just have to find out when I get to maxing him, lol

Doesn't help you much now but it's probably also worth knowing that if a character isn't 5* and at least level 20 you can go to the promote page and it gives a preview for what their stats will be at level 1, allowing you to calc from there.

_woLf

Got Lachesis as my second 5* unit ever, to go with Azura.

I guess I'll use feathers to level my Chrom to 5*. Then I'll have Azura, Lachesis and Chrom as 5* and Nino as 4*.

Quixzlizx

Got Lachesis as my second 5* unit ever, to go with Azura.

I guess I'll use feathers to level my Chrom to 5*. Then I'll have Azura, Lachesis and Chrom as 5* and Nino as 4*.

Nino is better than Chrom. Unless you're hoping to summon Nino during the next banner.

Memles

If they want me to care enough about this game to spend money, they really should keep the game from showing me the Marth video three times and having it be 4 stars every time.

Dee Dee

Thanks for the answer. Hector is alrady 5*

The other 3 are lvl 4.

Also got Stahl and 4* Marth...but Chrom seem better so far.

Oh well ill keep rolling when I can.

is EST any good?

she seems too die easily but she can pack a punch offensivelly

Congrats on winning the game (by owning 5* Hector) you lucky bastard. ;_;

Most people will tell you to for for Marth over Chrom due to the skills, but it can depend on how their stats grow a bit.
Stahl is... distinctly meh on my team, but you might find him useful with how low movement Hector is, since he can learn Rochade. You got two better sword fighters already though for sure.
I have no experience with Est, but yes, get some ranged fighters on your team. And she can do more stuff then just an archer.

Best advice to give newbies is to grab Olivia when she comes around on the special map rotation and upgrade her to 3* so that she can learn "Dance". If you're unfamiliar with Fire Emblem classes, dancers and singers can grant others a second turn, which allows for great tactic variety in how you approach a map. There's only two units in this game that can do this, one of which is Azura (who is absolute Hector-top-tier) and the other being Olivia, who can become a very strong and valuable team member if you baby her some levels and extra skills or even get her to 4*.

Edit: Oh, you need some blue on your team. Don't disregard Sharena, she is worth upgrading!

gaiages

Banned
My Reinhardt started with 0 SPD... is that... normal...?

I feel silly for forgetting to take a screenshot of him at level 1 before leveling him, speed is the only thing I remember because it was, well... zero.

I feel silly for forgetting to take a screenshot of him at level 1 before leveling him, speed is the only thing I remember because it was, well... zero.

He's slow and Dire Thunder reduces Speed by 5 since it has a Brave weapon effect.

With his speed so low if you get a -SPD then you're in luck because he doesn't need it anyways.

daxgame

For units >= Lvl. 20 and not already 5*, go to Allies -> Advanced Growth -> Unlock Potential -> Click on unit -> Click Next.

It will show what their Lvl.1 stats will be if you promote them. You can use this to check their IV with the calculator on the wiki.

If you have 20k feathers on hand, be careful not to complete the unit promotion unless you want to promote them right away.

hmm but at that point I'm reading the stats of a 5-star Florina and not mine, no?
Or we just don't care since it's just comparing IVs in the end?

I was just wondering if there was a way to just compare my "starting stats" but I'm guessing no.

go to the unlock potential screen and check the level 21. It will show you a preview of her stats as a level 1 5*. Keep in mind that you will probably need to subtract weapon power from the stat totals when comparing stats.

well they have the same weapon equipped... anyway is it ATK - weapon power?

Thanks to both anyway for trying to help a noob :p
I'm guessing if I had a char like at lvl 15 I couldn't check instead ?

muu

Just beat 9-3 on Lunatic that I've been ignoring. 4* Odin clutched it.

I thought he was basically this blue, inferior version of Nino... which is mostly correct, except that Defiant Atk bonus also counts as a bonus. Combined w/ his relative tankiness this means he gets a +10 boost below 50% at 4* and +14 at 5*. I can see people lobotomizing this out of Odin and putting it on Nino come late march update.

SYNTAX182

Such a troll when that animation plays and it's a four star. They need to scrap that. I thought I got 5* Marth! Was so excited. Then I got mad. Then sad. =(

Arcticfox

I have now spent a total of 180 Orbs on pulls and still not received a single 5 star since launch. I saved up 80 for the new banner as I saw that the increase in the chance of 5 star appearances disappears when the banner changes, and 80% were 3 stars. One day...

Wilsongt

Such a troll when that animation plays and it's a four star. They need to scrap that. I thought I got 5* Marth! Was so excited. Then I got mad. Then sad. =(

My Roy did that earlier.

They need to make feather's easier to get. As well as badges. I'll have all of the feathers I need to promote Catria in like a month, but no badges.

Heh, with me it's 3* Robin. The sucker kept ruining my fun back when I was re-rolling, and the plague seems to have found me again with my recent pulls.

My Roy did that earlier.

They need to make feather's easier to get. As well as badges. I'll have all of the feathers I need to promote Catria in like a month, but no badges.
Do you use the training stages often? That's how I got most of my badges. Certain quests help too, like the Weapon Mastery ones they did.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Pulled Klein, making for my 12th 5 star although my first five-star archer. He won't make it into my team of Marth, RobinM, Hector, and Olivia, but will be fun to replace Jeorge for him on my alternate teams I screw around with.

Durden77

Out of Gunter, Cecelia, Anna or Cherche, which one should I focus on promoting? I need a new grren, Barst isn't cutting it anymore.

I'm thinking Gunter because he would go well with my Eliwood but I dunno if he's good.

Bovine

Neo Member
I put 40 orbs into the banner. First banner was mainly junk, while the second banner gave me 5 star Olwen and 5 star Peri! Although Olwen is -Speed and Peri isn't that great, I guess I should be lucky I got two 5 stars out of it. I just want Linde and Azura though...

Kitoro

Pulled Klein, making for my 12th 5 star although my first five-star archer. He won't make it into my team of Marth, RobinM, Hector, and Olivia, but will be fun to replace Jeorge for him on my alternate teams I screw around with.

For a second, I thought I was in the SAO: Memory Defrag thread, and felt bad for you until I read 5 star and realized this was the FEH thread. :p

Congrats for getting Klein in the right game!

Toezilla

Neo Member
Out of Gunter, Cecelia, Anna or Cherche, which one should I focus on promoting? I need a new grren, Barst isn't cutting it anymore.

I'm thinking Gunter because he would go well with my Eliwood but I dunno if he's good.

I just recently advanced Cecilia to 5* and I think she's awesome in the current meta. She demolishes Takumi, Linde, Kagero, Robin and has good mobility.

I needed both a 5* tome user and 5* green though, so it was an obvious choice for me. Certainly haven't regretted it, though.

Collected 10 more orbs and said whatever, just try the new banner a couple times. First try, 3* Bartre...Second try, got a 5* Sanaki. So that's something.

Jims

Spent 40 orbs and did two rounds of summons. Really pleased with the results.

5* Effie (+HP/-SPD)
4* Nino (+SPD/-ATK)
4* Ogma (didn't check)
4* Female Corrin (duplicate, will hold for now)
(and a bunch of 3-stars)

Didn't have Nino yet (or many green mages in general), so was really happy about that pull. Don't know if she's going to need all that Speed, kinda hate the -ATK part. Was really excited to get Effie, since I'd been musing about a defensive Blue in this thread. Only the 3rd 5* for me, but at least I have one of the each of the three main colors now. Takumi or Klein, you're next!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
For a second, I thought I was in the SAO: Memory Defrag thread, and felt bad for you until I read 5 star and realized this was the FEH thread. :p

Congrats for getting Klein in the right game!

Hah! Even without Klein, the game has been treating me well with 5-stars. Here is my list:

Five-Star Reds: Marth, Lyn, Seliph, Seliph (2), Eirika
Five-Star Greens: Hector, Julia, Camilla
Five-Star Blues: RobinM, Peri, Nowi
Five-Star Colorless: Klein

Working on these 4-stars: Tiki, Tharja, Effie, CorrinM, Olivia (won't convert her to 5-star though), Cordelia, and Roy. I have a bunch of others, but not as enticing to build up in comparison to the previous I mentioned.

Cerium

Hah! Even without Klein, the game has been treating me well with 5-stars. Here is my list:

Five-Star Reds: Marth, Lyn, Seliph, Seliph (2), Eirika
Five-Star Greens: Hector, Julia, Camilla
Five-Star Blues: RobinM, Peri, Nowi
Five-Star Colorless: Klein

Working on these 4-stars: Tiki, Tharja, Effie, CorrinM, Olivia (won't convert her to 5-star though), Cordelia, and Roy. I have a bunch of others, but not as enticing to build up in comparison to the previous I mentioned.

Mine:

Five-Star Reds: Tiki, Lyn
Five-Star Greens: Raven, Sheena, Anna
Five-Star Blues: Cordelia
Five-Star Colorless: Takumi

I'm going to aim for Nino when her banner goes up. If I can get her, I'll 5* Sharena and build a buff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom