• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Reinhardt has 18 native speed (13 after the weapon). Is this a record low?

Mine is a + DEF - RES one. I wish I have a + ATK - SPD.

Reindhart has all the things that make you lose stats, he is cavalry, ranged and has a brave tome. So in total he has basicslly 4* stats in a 5* form.

elty

Decided to try a pull on the new banner and ended up with my second 5* so far, Hinoka. Not a great unit based on the current tier list, and of course my other 5* is Ephraim so two blues don't help me that much anyway.

Sigh..

I have Hinoka. She can fly so works great in many maps with obstacle (make your spacing/movement much easier). Brave weapon works great - I always put her behind/on top of obstacle and swoop in for the kill.

Ninferno

Okay admittedly I haven't played all of FE4 but she really had sex with her brother? I thought was just a rumor.

He's apparently just joking. FE4 itself certainly didn't go that far.
She did say childish shit like "If you want to marry me you'd better be as great a man as my brother," but there's no actual "sex" to speak of. The manga adaptation (actually, one of the manga adaptations) took the liberty and did portrait some sibling intimacy moments but I wouldn't call that sex either. For Beowulf and Finn, they are two popular pairing options for Lachesis and are sort of semi-canon, especially Beowulf judging from Lachesis' child's striking resemblance to him.

And then if player character romance between close relatives is really your thing:), there actually is one such pair in FE4. Ares and Nanna, Eldigan's son and Lachesis' daughter... They aren't sibling but cousins. This is something that can actually happen in the game (as opposed to things like Seliph and Julia, which the game mechanism specifically prevented from happening) if you so choose... I hope you don't because their "romance dialogue" is cringe-worthy; it contains something along the line of "we are now fulfilling our parents' wishes".... Fortunately, this is non-canon course. Nanna's canon paring is undoubtedly Leif, thank god.

kewlmyc

Spent all of my 100 orbs on the new banner (due to boredom) and got the new Red Mage. I'm drowning in 5* Red Units right now, but holy crap, she's an attack buffing machine. Might actually use her.

On an unrelated note, I'm also getting a bit weirded out by the whole incest theme in these events. This isn't fucking Game of Thrones here.

Ephraim and Eirika are weird and their relationship is weird. I remember it being weird playing their game a decade ago. They even poke fun at it in this game, with Ephraim saying people say terrible and disgusting things about their relationship

And Stones wasn't even the first game in the series to touch on that... err "aspect" of medieval fantasy.

Ike and his sister are how you do sibling relationships. The Stones twins are... not.

Whizkid7

So apparently my game really likes Sacred Stones, because Eirika joined her brother (who I pulled last week) today on my 5 pull. Between her & Ephraim, my team has a lot of buff/debuff power to look forward to now.

Ninferno

In the game she is rumored to have strong romantic feelings for her brother, but in the manga it is clear that they are in a romantic relationship. But nowhere is it actually stated that they had sex. Finn technically is the official pairing since Nanna the child of Lachesis calls Finn her father.

On the question of Lachesis's pairing,
I would actually treat FE4 and FE5 separately. IS did seem to want to push Finn X Lachesis in FE5, but that's mainly because Finn is popular in FE4, much more so than Beowulf. The fans more or less demanded Finn X Lachesis, hence how IS handled FE5. Yes, in FE5's post-game narrative, it did heavily hinted at Finn going to the desert looking for Lachesis, but that could just be because he has feeling for her. And yes, Nanna did call Finn father but she could just mean "step father", considered how Finn raised Leif and Nanna from childhood. Again, I won't deny that IS seems to want to push Finn X Lachesis in FE5, but what I'm saying is, this might not have been IS's original plan in FE4. Diarmuid is made to look like Beowulf because that was their original plan. It's sort of semi-canon. But then based on fan reactions in FE4, they sort of semi-retcon it to look like Finn gets the girl. To this day, it's still up to different interpretations and that's totally fine tbh.

Boney

Banned
The nature of brotherly love between twins and big bro to lil sis are diametrically different. The twins are equals but both humble themselves to the fortitudes of the other, which makes for unyielding adoration. I mean yeah it obviously has incestous undertones but it's just undertones.

Mupod

I maintain a spreadsheet of all my units and I don't think I have a single neutral one (aside from the starters and mission rewards). And I have a lot of people, I may have bad luck for finding 5* units but I rarely find duplicates. It must be very rare.

Quixzlizx

I just used up my 20 orbs and got a 4* Jakob plus 3* trash.

I also can't do one of the new quests because I have zero blue tome users :lol

_Legacy_

Fuck, just upgraded my Nino to 5* and can she she's got +HP/-ATK. That sucks, my only hope now is pulling another 5* Nino in the next banner and hope she gets an ATK boost from the merge,

Mupod

Fuck, just upgraded my Nino to 5* and can she she's got +HP/-ATK. That sucks, my only hope now is pulling another 5* Nino in the next banner and hope she gets an ATK boost from the merge,

You could feed the -atk one into the other one and it'd use the stats of the latter while gaining a +1. That's my plan for Lyn, if I ever find a second.

ryseing

The nature of brotherly love between twins and big bro to lil sis are diametrically different. The twins are equals but both humble themselves to the fortitudes of the other, which makes for unyielding adoration. I mean yeah it obviously has incestous undertones but it's just undertones.

Aren't their weapons named after incestuous gods? It's a bit more than undertones.

Pejo

It seems my MRobin is -def +res.

Yay? I don't know if that helps or hurts him.

I think MRobin's big "thing" is being a ninja/archer killer, and they all attack with physical, so probably not the best you could do. Whether or not it matters in the grand scheme I can't answer for you though, my 4* Robin's are both -atk which were useless to me at level 40.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think MRobin's big "thing" is being a ninja/archer killer, and they all attack with physical, so probably not the best you could do. Whether or not it matters in the grand scheme I can't answer for you though, my 4* Robin's are both -atk which were useless to me at level 40.
Good point. Maybe I'll just hang on to those feathers for now.

Kakaroach

Did a 5 pull on the new banner and got 5* Effie and 4* Sheena! Pretty stoked, Sheena is my first good green unit so I know who I'm gonna 5 star first now.

Skii

Just got home to see the new banner and did 3 multis... First two were pretty bad with a dupe Robin as my only notable but 3rd multi was pretty nice:

cEcAlRz.png

I don't really know how good Lachesis and Eirika are though. I just know they are banner units.

Also, if you get dupes, is it worth feeding them into each other for SP or do I sell for the negligible feathers?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Just got home to see the new banner and did 3 multis... First two were pretty bad with a dupe Robin as my only notable but 3rd multi was pretty nice:

I don't really know how good Lachesis and Eirika are though. I just know they are banner units.

Also, if you get dupes, is it worth feeding them into each other for SP or do I sell for the negligible feathers?

SP never seems worth it to me, because you can just hit up training to build anyone's SP if needed. And feathers are really valuable.

My last two pulls have been disappointing but I guess that's just making up for me getting Julia so easily :p Was kind of hoping to get Eirika on the old banner or Sanaki on this new one but no luck so far.

kswiston

My second and last pull on this banner:

QNf3vTol.jpg

Between this and Lyn on my first 20 orb pull, I am not going to tempt fate with any more stones. I still have 7 left over from the paralogue. That and the daily logins can fund a pull on the next banner. I just wanted something to use in the next arena, so I'm happy.

daxgame

Hey GAF,

so I have a Florina lv21 (HP 26, ATK 26 SPD 17 DEF 14 RES 23).
And I got a Florina level 1.

The thing is, I can check the IVs for the level 1 but how do I know which one is better? :/
Both are 4 stars.

Xetherion

Hey GAF,

The thing is, I can check the IVs for the level 1 but how do I know which one is better? :/
Both are 4 stars.

For units >= Lvl. 20 and not already 5*, go to Allies -> Advanced Growth -> Unlock Potential -> Click on unit -> Click Next.

It will show what their Lvl.1 stats will be if you promote them. You can use this to check their IV with the calculator on the wiki.

If you have 20k feathers on hand, be careful not to complete the unit promotion unless you want to promote them right away.

Mupod

Hey GAF,

Both are 4 stars.

go to the unlock potential screen and check the level 21. It will show you a preview of her stats as a level 1 5*. Keep in mind that you will probably need to subtract weapon power from the stat totals when comparing stats.

Did a 100 orb pullstravaganza this morning and felt compelled to share the results as...therapy I guess. Glad these were all free orbs at least.

3*
Subaki, Fir, Wrys, Odin, Tiki(Adult)x2, Odin, Eliwood, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Laslow, Clarine, Hanax2, Frederick, CorrinF, Hinata, Cherche, Palla, Barst and Serra.

4*
Matthew, Jeorgex2, Tiki (Adult)

It's extra infuriating getting multple trash characters that have been daily freebies in the past week. The only positive I'm seeing is that Tiki is almost certainly better than the Selena I have on my current team (Eiricka, Minerva, Nowi, Selena.) Any silver linings I'm not seeing?

Skii

SP never seems worth it to me, because you can just hit up training to build anyone's SP if needed. And feathers are really valuable.

Oh okay. So all characters gain enough SP to unlock all their abilities? It just seems bad to trade a character for 5 feathers when you get that daily for free.

PK Gaming

Aren't their weapons named after incestuous gods? It's a bit more than undertones.

Only in the English version

Virtually every single incestuous undertone was added in the english version of FE8

• Thunder Sword & Flame Lance ---> Sieglinde and Siegmunde
  • Pat head ---> Stroke face (this was a mistranslation)
  • Eirika being the Restoration Princess ---> Restoration Queen (as in, ruling with Ephraim as his Queen...okay)

Even Ephraim's amazing "Disgusting" line is English only.

L95

Er, their weapons are called Sieglinde and Siegmunde in the Japanese version. Thunder Sword and Flame Lance are the weapons'... "titles" (like how Durandal is the Blazing Blade)

As far as I know you are correct otherwise, though.

Hello all.

I just started this game.
I enjoy it a lot so far and intend to stay F2P.

So far my team is
Hector
Chrom
Est
Niles

what kind of roll should I go for? Any of my 4 stars are worth upgrading to 5* ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom